Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo games/consoles even more bargain alerts thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭skerry

Nice few Atlus JRPGs on sale for 3DS on the eshop at the moment. SMT IV Apocalypse, Strange journey redux and Radiant Historia down to 5.99 for anyone who's recently picked up a 3DS late in the day like myself.

Etrian Odyssey Nexus and Beyond the Myth on sale too.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Satturnfalls

skerry wrote: »
    Nice few Atlus JRPGs on sale for 3DS on the eshop at the moment. SMT IV Apocalypse, Strange journey redux and Radiant Historia down to 5.99 for anyone who's recently picked up a 3DS late in the day like myself.

Etrian Odyssey Nexus and Beyond the Myth on sale too.

Strange journey for 6 yoyos. Must charge me feckin 3ds lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭skerry

Strange journey for 6 yoyos. Must charge me feckin 3ds lol

Super price. I managed to get it hardcopy in Gamestop for 19.99 but definitely gonna pick up SMT IV for 6 bob

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Radiant Historia is brilliant. A bargain at full price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,201 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Radiant Historia is great the music is excellent definitely gonna grab some of them for that price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭baldshin

NES controllers for the Switch are half price now, £24.99 for 2.

https://mynintendostore.nintendo.co.uk/nintendo-entertainment-system-controllers.html

Edit- yikes, £8.90 for UK delivery plus you'd need Parcel Motel/Addresspal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

baldshin wrote: »
    NES controllers for the Switch are half price now, £24.99 for 2.

https://mynintendostore.nintendo.co.uk/nintendo-entertainment-system-controllers.html

Edit- yikes, £8.90 for UK delivery plus you'd need Parcel Motel/Addresspal.

What's the advantage of these over a pro controller or maybe a pro controller with a good d-pad ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,778 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

nintendoo wrote: »
    What's the advantage of these over a pro controller or maybe a pro controller with a good d-pad ?

Nostalgia

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

As the moderator also of the Arcade and Retro forum, I obviously had to buy a set!
    Not sure when I will ever use them, but they look pretty cool!
    Also, at my age, nostalgia is pretty much all I've got left!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    As the moderator also of the Arcade and Retro forum, I obviously had to buy a set!
    Not sure when I will ever use them, but they look pretty cool!
    Also, at my age, nostalgia is pretty much all I've got left!

:):):)

Just thinking Nintendo have not mentioned anything apart from Animal Crossing New Horizons (which seems to be getting great previews) that they can sell us anything at this stage and we'd buy it.
    Also thinking I was complaining about Link's Awakening ; and that I was going to trade it in ; but I think I'll just keep it and find that colour/color dungeon. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭peter4918

Rocket League is €9.99 on eShop. Never played it, is it worth picking up at that price?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

peter4918 wrote: »
    Rocket League is €9.99 on eShop. Never played it, is it worth picking up at that price?

Honestly, it depends if "cars with powerups playing football" is something that sounds like fun to you or not :) I don't play it very often, but it's daft fun and split-screen local two-player is good fun too. It runs pretty well on the Switch in my experience, though I've not played handheld.

There's online too, but you need NSO for that, AFAIK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

Celeste is 6.50 down from 20. Apparently great so gonna try it for that price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

00sully wrote: »
    Celeste is 6.50 down from 20. Apparently great so gonna try it for that price

It's cheaper again on the South African store. Works out at €4.95 using Revolut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,540 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

You can use your Irish cards in South Africa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

I'd highly recommend both Rocket League and Celeste at those prices! Two of my favourite games on the Switch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

I'd highly recommend both Rocket League and Celeste at those prices! Two of my favourite games on the Switch.

I loved Rockey League, it has me giddy laughing at its fun and simple to pick up and play.

Celeste doesnt look my cup of tea whatsoever, but its got 10/10s at 7e I will give it a shot.

I got Guilty Gear Acent Core Today too, its alot of fun. 11e.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

kevin2me wrote: »
    I loved Rockey League, it has me giddy laughing at its fun and simple to pick up and play.

Celeste doesnt look my cup of tea whatsoever, but its got 10/10s at 7e I will give it a shot.

I got Guilty Gear Acent Core Today too, its alot of fun. 11e.

I thought similarly re: Celeste so tried it out when it was free on PC via the Epic Games Store. Lasted about 20 mins before deciding it definitely wasn't for me - it's a game that for me feels very much part of, as someone else put it, "the current willy-waving vogue for hyper-difficulty". I know €7 isn't loads of cash, but even so....

Fysh wrote: »
    I "the current willy-waving vogue for hyper-difficulty". I know €7 isn't loads of cash, but even so....

I regret buying it already after your eloquently put how how feel bout these type games, like if I want to do platforming, just play mario.

Hollow Knight again, prob a great game, but I got bored by time I came back to it.

Must try give Dead Cells or Katana Zero a go, they might be more action type games.

Currently playing Dimension Drive, Esp.Da.Ra, Sisters Royale, SkyForce, and Gunbird. Good games, and also cheap on the eshop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Celeste is fantastic imo, much more than just a 'hard' game. Not every game is for everyone of course, but not liking it doesn't mean there has to be some kind of 'willy waving' from people that do.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

managed to nab daemon x machina for 20e in smyths in naas that was the only one there but might still have some in other sotres

Corholio wrote: »
    to be some kind of 'willy waving' .

Corholio is it wrong that all I can see from that is it's the new form of Handshaking due to the Corona Virus 😂😂😂

Willy Waving instead.... 😇

Orange and white 2ds XL from Amazon de for 110 euro delivered directly from Amazon , ie not a 3rd party

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B071HBQGNX

Not as cool as the animal crossing or Pikachu one. But that's the cheapest I've seen in a while. Plus there are a load of classics on Amazon UK for 20 quid ish each including link between worlds, super mario 3d land, ocarina of time ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

peter4918 wrote: »

I got a free code off somebody on the Xbox forum for it last year, and I thought it was awful. I've played it twice. I'm just glad I didn't spend any cash on it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I got a free code off somebody on the Xbox forum for it last year, and I thought it was awful. I've played it twice. I'm just glad I didn't spend any cash on it!

You're very much in the minority there. For a tenner, it's definitely worth a go. I played it a lot on Steam, Xbox, PS4, and Switch. It's been a while since I've played it, but if you are willing to play online, you will have a lot of fun - there's some great game modes (Football is the main one but there's basketball, ice hockey, plus power up modes too, at least the last time I played)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I had serious craic playing Rocket league with my Nephews last Christmas. Dunno if i'd buy it myself but ten years ago when I played online all the time I'd have been all over it. Good for a few quick games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,778 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Super Mario Maker 2, Super Mario Party, Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo, Yoshi's Crafted World are all 39.99 USD on the American eshop until the 14th in celebration of Mario day (Mar10)

Also applies at retail in America of anybody is on holls over there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Should see those prices here too I think. There was a Mar10 promo page on the EU eshop.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just release Super Mario Sunshine already!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,202 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Super Mario Maker 2, Super Mario Party, Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo, Yoshi's Crafted World are all 39.99 USD on the American eshop until the 14th in celebration of Mario day (Mar10)

There was something about a 20% discount on Mario related merchandise, but you have to spend 450 platinum points. I logged on, but it doesn't apply to Ireland. There's probably a workaround.

Nintendo is offering a 20% discount on Mario merch through My Nintendo
    You just need to spend 450 Platinum Points on the deal

https://www.destructoid.com/nintendo-is-offering-a-20-discount-on-mario-merch-through-my-nintendo-582810.phtml

https://store.nintendo.com/special-offers/mynintendo.html?cat=646

Maybe the Nintendo UK store will do something similar soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Just release Super Mario Sunshine already!

I eagerly mis-read this as 'Just released....' and rushed to the estore :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭radiotrickster

Do you need an American console to make use of this? I’ve always wondered how that works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Do you need an American console to make use of this? I’ve always wondered how that works.

Nope - switch is region free - you just need to set up an account on another eshop - full guide on how to do it here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Nope - switch is region free - you just need to set up an account on another eshop - full guide on how to do it here

What regions are worth signing up for?

Depends what you want - different regions have different sales - check for prices for games you're interested in here.
    I just bought RemiLore for about 15 Euro form South Africa eShop as my Irish Debit card works on it

I have accounts in IE (main), USA, South Africa and Russia.
    I haven't used Russia in a while though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,945 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Depends what you want - different regions have different sales - check for prices for games you're interested in here.
    I just bought RemiLore for about 15 Euro form South Africa eShop as my Irish Debit card works on it

Is the Green highlighted price the cheapest? It is difficult to try and convert them in my head and figure it out :pac:

Green is cheapest. Red is most expensive (usually Switzerland!)
    Click the "Change Currency" link at the top. Change to Euros.

Cities Skyline is €9.99 in the eshop (75% off).
    That's a great price for that game.

Edit: Apparently it still has performance issues... Not sure I'll bite.

This site is even better it is in Euros now :)

Cities Skylines is great. Unbelievable they got it running on Switch. There are some issues when the cities get really big but I've found it so hard I've neer gotten a city outside one block so never really encountered any. And to be honest I've seen similar on PC. It is when you have big cities and try to move around quicky.

For a tenner it is great value. €7.29 in SA :)

I'm looking for a new strategy game so Into The Breach looks good.

• Advertisement

Deku Deals is also a good place to see what's currently on sale

Deku Deals is also a good place to see what's currently on sale

Yep. Set up a wishlist of games you want to keep an eye on. I have about 60 on mine.

When a game goes on sale, you'll get an email. You can also switch between regions (USA, SA etc.) to see if anything on your list is on sale somewhere else (most sales aren't global so there can be some nice surprises).

This is great. Lads I love ye...my wallet hates ye :pac:

Picked up The Bridge. It was €1.49. Got it for free with gold.

This is great. Lads I love ye...my wallet hates ye :pac:

Picked up The Bridge. It was €1.49. Got it for free with gold.

Great game, but gets mind-bending in later stages!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Satturnfalls

Amazon doin 5 off a 25 order. Got email today. It cant be used to pre order games, but can be used on them if they are sold and fulfilled by amazon themselves. Vaild till end of march.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭radiotrickster

Thanks a mil! Was going to buy Sonic Forces for €30 from GameStop yesterday. Didn’t get a chance. Turns out it’s a tenner on the Mexican eShop! Part of me thinks I must be doing the exchange rate wrong 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

If you can't be arsed setting up a US account and buying eShop cards for Payment, you can use regular Paypal to buy these games digitally from Target.com at the same price. You can move your current account to the US (you lose all your Gold Coins doing this though, so spend 'em first!) , activate the games, then move it back. Losing all your US gold coins along the way :D

Also, there's some games like VSR (Void something Racing) for 10c, and Guacamelee 2 (don't be a chump like me, buying the regular version when there's a full version with DLC bundled in for a dollar extra) for $8.99ish. You get $3 worth of coins per full price game you activate, so spending most of your coins will be easy enough.

When you download a game on your US account, can you continue to play it via the default Irish one, or do you need to remember which account had which game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,201 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Banjo wrote: »
    If you can't be arsed setting up a US account and buying eShop cards for Payment, you can use regular Paypal to buy these games digitally from Target.com at the same price. You can move your current account to the US (you lose all your Gold Coins doing this though, so spend 'em first!) , activate the games, then move it back. Losing all your US gold coins along the way :D

Also, there's some games like VSR (Void something Racing) for 10c, and Guacamelee 2 (don't be a chump like me, buying the regular version when there's a full version with DLC bundled in for a dollar extra) for $8.99ish. You get $3 worth of coins per full price game you activate, so spending most of your coins will be easy enough.

Where have you been hiding don't go away like that again we need all hands on deck to build Nook tower

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

mrcheez wrote: »
    When you download a game on your US account, can you continue to play it via the default Irish one, or do you need to remember which account had which game?

Yup, you can. I've 4 or 5 "travel" accounts, and I only play under my main account. I've never had an issue.

Advertisement