Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo games/consoles even more bargain alerts thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

TitianGerm wrote: »
    The RRP is €229 though? Why buy from you for more when you get a warranty with the shop and zero hassle if something does go wrong, however unlikely.

I've sold the real Switch for €330-350 twice last Xmas even though it was that in shops, people are strange but they sell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,540 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mod: Back to the bargains lads, thanks.

Mod: Last 2 posts deleted. If you keep up this discussion, cards will be next.

Banjo wrote: »

This is really bad. I want my 1c back. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Wish I got a bit of cabin fever earlier, none of Smyths, Argos or even bloody Gamestop have a regular neon Switch in stock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,101 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Wish I got a bit of cabin fever earlier, none of Smyths, Argos or even bloody Gamestop have a regular neon Switch in stock

Worldwide shortage of the standard switch, to u can pick up second hand units although I don't know if GameStop or CEX will be open after today.

All those shops are going to be closed from tomorrow too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Mr E wrote: »
    All those shops are going to be closed from tomorrow too.

When i heard talk of that earlier i decided id head into town and get sorted today for it, alas wasnt to be

safetyboy wrote: »

That links to your default currency. If anyone is wondering, it's $0.99 in the US eshop.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

Worldwide shortage of the standard switch, to u can pick up second hand units although I don't know if GameStop or CEX will be open after today.

Wonder if the price of second hand Wii U gone up :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,201 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

CeX and Smyths have closed CeX is offering online buying and trading the way we buy our physical games is gonna change significantly if bricks and mortar stores are closed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I think I have enough in the pile to keep me going for... some time...

I do too

€100 eshop credit two switches two animal crossing and 25 other switch games including skyrim botw snack world and a still unfinished three houses all I need is a Walter White cook suit for protection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

I got Luigis Mansion in Smyths yesterday. Just in time by the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Ordered a switch on Sunday from Symths, looks like it'll be delivered tomorrow, I must've been one of the last by the looks of it

CeX and Smyths have closed CeX is offering online buying and trading the way we buy our physical games is gonna change significantly if bricks and mortar stores are closed.

I'm okay with used games but used consoles I'm not a fan of, but damn am I tempted with this because I've also got ~€100 worth of games to trade in, but based on past online experience with CEX I'd be waiting a week for my credit for the traded games, and another week for delivery by which time I probably could have got a new one which I would still probably prefer

It's all my own fault really because I bought a Switch last March and sold it come June because I'd played through all the games I wanted by then and put it up at a price well above what the bundle was worth and I got a buyer, I only lost about €60 on everything I bought with Switch inc Mario Kart, Pokemon Lets Go and Mario Odyssey (about €25 of this alone was actually the Pokeball Plus which sold separately along with Pokemon)

I'm after ordering a grey Switch from Amazon France just under €350 delivered 7 working days for delivery I think my last order from there was delivered by AnPost hoping it will arrive in the current environment.
    Went for the grey one as it's the second revision with the newer processor and better joy con battery life they had the neon in second revision but wouldnt ship to Ireland but they will sell the original Rev 1 Neon Switch which will ship. Just need to find cheapest place for Animal crossing now :)

Just need to find cheapest place for Animal crossing now :)

€47.59 if buying digital. :)

https://www.cdkeys.com/nintendo/switch/animal-crossing-new-horizons-switch

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭tbahh

I'm after ordering a grey Switch from Amazon France just under €350 delivered 7 working days for delivery I think my last order from there was delivered by AnPost hoping it will arrive in the current environment.
    Went for the grey one as it's the second revision with the newer processor and better joy con battery life they had the neon in second revision but wouldnt ship to Ireland but they will sell the original Rev 1 Neon Switch which will ship. Just need to find cheapest place for Animal crossing now :)

Seeing as you bought it from France, you'll need an adapter for the outlet provided. You may already have one, but thought I'd remind you, just in case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,202 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I know a lot of people are looking for the Switch and can't find it in stock anywhere. Here's one though, Nintendo Switch Animal Crossing Console for £320. You'll probably need to act fast if you want it.

https://www.studio.co.uk/shop/en/studio/nintendo-switch-animal-crossing-console

Free UK delivery on your first app order over £20. So just add the cost of AddressPal or Parcel Motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭newbie18892

Cheapest place to buy the switch lite? Seems out of stock in a lot of online stores like Argos and Smyths

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Cheapest place to buy the switch lite? Seems out of stock in a lot of online stores like Argos and Smyths

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-10002295-Switch-Lite-Turquoise/dp/B07SJFW9T3/ ?

Harvey Norman blanchardstown have yellow switch lite in stock €230

• Advertisement

You should be paying €210 for the Switch Lite. Don't pay thieves like Currys/PC World €230. Well, it's up to yourselves, but I wouldn't.

sligeach wrote: »
    You should be paying €210 for the Switch Lite. Don't pay thieves like Currys/PC World €230. Well, it's up to yourselves, but I wouldn't.

Is the Argos deal gone? I got 2 Switch Lite's and 2 AC and they were €235 each.

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Is the Argos deal gone? I got 2 Switch Lite's and 2 AC and they were €235 each.

I think Argos are closed,

All stores that sell this stuff is closed in Ireland.

You could try some of the bigger Tesco stores. You never know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Switch Lites are available for delivery on Currys website.

Wonder will they embrace online delivery a bit more in this climate? Others like Currys and Smyths who are competitors in certain products have it already established and will clean up in the coming weeks and months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Wonder will they embrace online delivery a bit more in this climate? Others like Currys and Smyths who are competitors in certain products have it already established and will clean up in the coming weeks and months

That's just it Argos in the UK do online delivery, here they don't. Another plus for the UK is they have a website that actually works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭Doodah7

That's just it Argos in the UK do online delivery, here they don't. Another plus for the UK is they have a website that actually works.

Order from Argos UK and have it delivered to Parcel Motel?

Doodah7 wrote: »

I'd say that will work actually, but as with any electronics you could easily have some problems with it and it would be serious hassle to fix, depending on how tempted I get today I might still do that mind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

Mega man series sale ends today on the e-shop ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Parcel wizard and then ya dont have to leave the house..plus much better service imo

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

shanec1928 wrote: »
    Parcel wizard and then ya dont have to leave the house..plus much better service imo

Have you ever ordered of Argos U.K and used parcel wizard ?

Neon Switch available to pre order now with Smyths, expected back 3rd-10th April, really hope that means it'll be delivered on the 3rd which would be next Friday but it'll probably be the week after

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Not a hope anything will be getting delived or processed for at least 2weeks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I don't see Bricks and Mortar stores open again until well into May.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Smyths are doing nothing online. There is a message on their site to that effect.

Smyths are doing nothing online. There is a message on their site to that effect.

Ya wasnt there when i placed the order at around 10, I’ve messaged them on Facebook to see the story but its probably not gonna happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭baldshin

Ya wasnt there when i placed the order at around 10, I’ve messaged them on Facebook to see the story but its probably not gonna happen

Same, managed to get a pre-order in for Ring Fit Adventure but looks likely it ain't coming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Poké Ball Plus is on amazon Italy for €29.99 - https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B07DDQTJP1

Don't know if this has been mentioned already, and for anyone that missed it if it has, as of 26th of March Arms is free from the eshop to play until 6th of April.
    B68fzZl.jpg?1

LEGO Harry Potter Collection (Nintendo Switch) is £15.99 at Base. They've always had fantastic value on postage which is another £1.29, delivered to your door. Should keep young kids and adults alike occupied during this trying time.

https://www.base.com/buy/product/lego-harry-potter-collection-nintendo-switch/dgc-lghrclns.htm

Also, Yoku’s Island Express (Nintendo Switch) for £12.85.

https://www.base.com/buy/product/yoku-s-island-express-nintendo-switch/dgc-yokuiens.htm

Runbow Deluxe Edition (Nintendo Switch), £13.19.

https://www.base.com/buy/product/runbow-deluxe-edition-nintendo-switch/dgc-rundens.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

sligeach wrote: »
    LEGO Harry Potter Collection (Nintendo Switch) is £15.99 at Base. They've always had fantastic value on postage which is another £1.29, delivered to your door. Should keep young kids and adults alike occupied during this trying time.

https://www.base.com/buy/product/lego-harry-potter-collection-nintendo-switch/dgc-lghrclns.htm

Also, Yoku’s Island Express (Nintendo Switch) for £12.85.

https://www.base.com/buy/product/yoku-s-island-express-nintendo-switch/dgc-yokuiens.htm

Runbow Deluxe Edition (Nintendo Switch), £13.19.

https://www.base.com/buy/product/runbow-deluxe-edition-nintendo-switch/dgc-rundens.htm

Might grab Yoku Island at that price.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B077N57X1M/ref=cm_sw_r_apa_i_qZ1FEb08G0Q88

Overcooked is £14.99 in Amazon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Pocket mini golf down to 99c on eshop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

I just bought 7th sector for 13€ on the eShop. It was in my wish list so handy out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Just got Guilty Gear accent XX super deluxe banana hammock all-star sengoku bash bash from the Japanese store for 100 yen (it's a long title and I forgot most of it). I don't think that's more than a euro. I have no interest in the game but it was so cheap and I was on a high after setting up my Japanese account... Also Gotcha racing 2 for the same price. Looks like at least 90c worth of micromachines-esque fun!

Advertisement