Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo games/consoles even more bargain alerts thread

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Mod instruction: right, knock this mean spirited nonsense off immediately.
    There is no interest in flipping consoles here.
    If that's the sort of thing that you want to post about I'm sure you will find a more fitting forum on some other site.
    Don't post it here again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Mod instruction: right, knock this mean spirited nonsense off immediately.
    There is no interest in flipping consoles here.
    If that's the sort of thing that you want to post about I'm sure you will find a more fitting forum on some other site.
    Don't post it here again.

No it isn't what I want to post about, I made one post replying to your man about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Anyone experience with the Switch LAN Adapter, it's a bit expensive, some posts saying other ones would work too

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    I only want Pokemon as I have the rest so if someone wants 2, I can chip in for Pokemon?

I want Odyssey and Smash Bros but I dont see that bundle. :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Anyone experience with the Switch LAN Adapter, it's a bit expensive, some posts saying other ones would work too

Thanks in advance

You can use other USB3 adapters but they need to be based on the same chipset as the Switch one. There's an old reddit post here with some info about potentially suitable adapters. Amazon UK has the Ugreen USB3 adapter here for £18 at the moment.

If you've got a Wii LAN adapter you can use that - this is what I use. It's 100Mbit rather than Gigabit, though (theoretical limit on USB2 is 480Mbps but that's using bursting, and in practice the absolute limit of what you'll get in the real world is ~50MB/s or so transfer speeds). In practice I still find it a good bit faster than the wireless connection in terms of throughput.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I have the Ugreen one, works fine, just plugged it in and away I went. Although my broadband is prehistoric ****e so your mileage may vary. Also, after undocking, the Switch can be a bit funny about rejoining the Wireless network for in-progress downloads but that's not exactly gamebreaking. I've never undocked mid-game while online now that I think about it, no idea if that's an issue.

Got it for £11.99 2 years ago - Camelcamelcamel have suspended tracking Amazon UK during the Covid crisis so just putting that out there if you're wondering if it's a good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Dandy Dungeon is 30% off at the moment, bringing it to €11.19. They've also announced a load of updates to it which pretty much doubles the size of the game. It reviews good and have heard lots of positive things about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,540 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yep it's on my wishlist too. Got an email from DekuDeals about it this morning.
    FYI just over €8 in the Russian eshop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Mr E wrote: »
    Yep it's on my wishlist too. Got an email from DekuDeals about it this morning.
    FYI just over €8 in the Russian eshop.

The Russian eshop is straightforward to navigate even if you don't speak the Motherland's tongue ?

I might opt for that over the South Africa store when I pick up Doom 64

• Advertisement

Yep. If you buy from Nintendo.com with your Russian account using chrome, you translate the page to English.
    You can also use your switch directly (the buttons to buy are in the same place but are in Russian)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Yep. If you buy from Nintendo.com with your Russian account using chrome, you translate the page to English.
    You can also use your switch directly (the buttons to buy are in the same place but are in Russian)

And add my Revolut card directly, or pay via Paypal?

I use my debit card. Works fine there...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,202 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Title Content Type Discount Sale Start Date Sale End Date
    Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
    (Activision) Game – Dual Distribution 49% off 02/04/2020, 15:00 CEST 19/04/2020, 23:59 local time
    Spyro Reignited Trilogy
    (Activision) Game – Dual Distribution 49% off 02/04/2020, 15:00 CEST 19/04/2020, 23:59 local time
    Diablo III: Eternal Collection
    (Blizzard) Game – Dual Distribution 48% off 02/04/2020, 15:00 CEST 19/04/2020, 23:59 local time
    The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Complete Edition
    (CD PROJEKT) Game – Dual Distribution 30% off 02/04/2020, 15:00 CEST 19/04/2020, 23:59 local time
    Metro: Last Light Redux
    (Koch Media) Game – Dual Distribution 30% off 02/04/2020, 15:00 CEST 19/04/2020, 23:59 local time
    Metro 2033 Redux
    (Koch Media) Game – Dual Distribution 30% off 02/04/2020, 15:00 CEST 19/04/2020, 23:59 local time
    Divinity: Original Sin 2 – Definitive Edition
    (Larian Studios) Game – Digital Only 30% off 02/04/2020, 15:00 CEST 19/04/2020, 23:59 local time
    Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice
    (Ninja Theory) Game – Digital Only 50% off 02/04/2020, 15:00 CEST 19/04/2020, 23:59 local time
    Sonic Mania
    (SEGA) Game – Dual Distribution 30% off 02/04/2020, 15:00 CEST 19/04/2020, 23:59 local time
    Bastion
    (Supergiant Games) Game – Digital Only 80% off 02/04/2020, 15:00 CEST 19/04/2020, 23:59 local time
    Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair
    (Team17) Game – Dual Distribution 33% off 02/04/2020, 15:00 CEST 19/04/2020, 23:59 local time
    Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition
    (THQ Nordic) Game – Dual Distribution 40% off 02/04/2020, 15:00 CEST 19/04/2020, 23:59 local time
    Just Dance 2020
    (Ubisoft) Game – Dual Distribution 60% off 02/04/2020, 15:00 CEST 19/04/2020, 23:59 local time
    Assassin’s Creed The Rebel Collection
    (Ubisoft) Game – Dual Distribution 30% off 02/04/2020, 15:00 CEST 19/04/2020, 23:59 local time
    Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
    (Ubisoft) Game – Dual Distribution 75% off 02/04/2020, 15:00 CEST 19/04/2020, 23:59 local time

https://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-kicks-off-2020-spring-sale-on-the-european-eshop/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,201 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Mario Rabbids this time swearsy realsy I'm gonna play it for sure

• Advertisement

The Witcher is about €31 in Norway. Kind of want the box for it, not sure how much that is worth to me :D

Kirby and DK coming next week apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Diablo 3 will do for me. That and Thronebreaker and maybe Trine Ultimate Collection - €63.99 for the lot.

Mario Rabbids this time swearsy realsy I'm gonna play it for sure

Ya, I was just going to comment on that. €9.99, that’s a proper bargain.

Edit: The Gold Edition is also available for €19.99. That includes the game plus all the DLC.

Katamari Damacy Reroll €9.99
    little Nightmares Complete Edition €9.99

I'm thinking do I really want to scroll through 39 pages and lay all the deals out in a single post here. That's just a bit of a headache. I might see what one page looks like.

• Advertisement

The answer is no.

Anyone played Goat Simulator on the Switch? Thinking for a fiver it might give the kids a few laughs. But given there's a Payday and Zombie expansion I'm starting to wonder if it's age-inappropriate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Can anyone with experience tell me how Just Dance 2020 is? My wife and 2 daughters love the previous versions on ps4 so how does the Switch version compare with no camera?

There are demos you can try
    They tend to be pretty loose in their scoring, tracking vague Joycon movements.

I'm searching by publisher thq Nordic have some good deals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Banjo wrote: »
    Anyone played Goat Simulator on the Switch? Thinking for a fiver it might give the kids a few laughs. But given there's a Payday and Zombie expansion I'm starting to wonder if it's age-inappropriate?

My 8 and 9yr old have been enjoying it for about 2 years now on my PS4 with the DLC. to be honest, if you're not driving towards objectives and just exploring and messing, they'll see nothing worrying at all and it's really just a sandbox where you knock over a lot of people and things as a goat. If your kids would laugh at that, you're on the right track

Cheers!
    ....wait, if you are driving towards objectives.... what worrying things will they see?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Nintendo has also revealed that major first party games like The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Kirby Star Allies and more will be added to the sale next week.
    Nice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,944 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Star Lord wrote: »
    Nice!
    Can't wait for that 20% off!

Banjo wrote: »
    Cheers!
    ....wait, if you are driving towards objectives.... what worrying things will they see?

Goat theft auto

Goat bodily harm

Goats getting it onnnnnnnn

• Advertisement

Sale is on until Sunday April 19 so I'd hold off on splurge until next Thursday in case something good is added in saying that I'm probably buying Rabbids and Legend of Kay myself with an eye on Shining Resonance for €17

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Might grab Yoku Island at that price.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B077N57X1M/ref=cm_sw_r_apa_i_qZ1FEb08G0Q88

Overcooked is £14.99 in Amazon.

Yoku now down to 6.80 on the store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,946 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Few jumping out and even better in South Africa.
    He'll blade €7.50
    Metro redux and last light €12.50 each.
    Lumins remastered €4.50
    Darksiders 1 €12.50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

Some of the cheaper ones I've had on my deku deals wish list ...

Gris 8.49
    Mario Rabbids gold 17.99
    Splasher 4.49
    Golf story 7.49

EU store

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Alien Isolation at 19.80 in SA, which is the cheapest region. Tempting at that price, but I do have it on the PS4 but more likely to play it on Switch.

chrislad wrote: »
    Alien Isolation at 19.80 in SA, which is the cheapest region. Tempting at that price, but I do have it on the PS4 but more likely to play it on Switch.

Hmm isolating at home while playing alien isolation ! :)

Colourful , cheerful, low stress game for me. Maybe golf story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭zinzan

chrislad wrote: »

By all accounts it looks better on Switch!

Eurogamer Review

Alien is a great game, took me a few hours to get into I will admit. But once it clicked I loved it.

I got Hellblade, Metro 2033 and Metro Last Light and Steam World Heist all for €35.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Katamari Damacy Reroll €9.99
    little Nightmares Complete Edition €9.99

Deadly, I’ve been waiting for Katamari Damacy to get a price reduction, tried the demo before and loved it.

Btw I see Thief Simulator is reduced by 90%, from €19.99 to just €1.99. Might be your kinda thing Rob? ;) And at that price, it’s an absolute steal. :pac:

(...I’ll get my coat.)

• Advertisement

Deadly, I’ve been waiting for Katamari Damacy to get a price reduction, tried the demo before and loved it.

Btw I see Thief Simulator is reduced by 90%, from €19.99 to just €1.99. Might be your kinda thing Rob? ;) And at that price, it’s an absolute steal. :pac:

(...I’ll get my coat.)

In the gloomiest George Harrison voice imaginable

It's been done. ;)

I'm tempted by some of the THQ Nordic games

This is the police €5.99
    Legend of Kay €5.99

Sonic Mania is another one quite cheap at €13.99

Crash Trilogy and Spyro seem good for €19.99 each too

Anyone selling 36 hour days to play all this stuff :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭radiotrickster

Mario Rabbids is a tenner on the Irish eshop.

The gold edition with the dlc is probably a better option I'm holding out until next week to see what gets added next Thursday.

This is the police €5.99
    Legend of Kay €5.99

I played This is the Police 2, it was pretty good for a few, hours but ran out of steam and I never finished it. I would have liked more of the xcom type levels. But most of it is looking at the map and sending cars to crimes.

Still for a fiver it is decent value.

• Advertisement

Not a bargain per se, although given how there's a bit of a scalpers market out there at the moment, there's not many places selling Switch in Ireland and all stores are shut, this might seem like one.

NINTENDO Switch Lite - Grey - €229

https://www.currys.ie/ieen/tv-and-home-entertainment/gaming/gaming-consoles/nintendo-switch-lite-grey-10198832-pdt.html

NINTENDO Switch Lite & The Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening Bundle - Grey - €279

https://www.currys.ie/ieen/tv-and-home-entertainment/gaming/gaming-consoles/nintendo-switch-lite-the-legend-of-zelda-links-awakening-bundle-grey-10198493-pdt.html

Postage is €6.

We get screwed in Ireland on exchange rates and prices. I just had a look on Currys UK site. This isn't the worst offender and on the Switch Lite only option it's not too bad, but for the Lite plus Zelda, it's cheaper to buy from the UK and pay for the likes of AddressPal. You'd save about €20, though you may have to wait longer for delivery. Although, I bought from Currys Irish website just before Christmas and I think they shipped the item from the UK.

Here's the UK link:

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-home-entertainment/gaming/gaming-consoles/nintendo-switch-lite-the-legend-of-zelda-links-awakening-bundle-grey-10198493-pdt.html

They also have a bundle option for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.

Nintendo Switch Lite Handheld Console - Yellow from the official Argos Store on Ebay Ireland - €209.99. Postage is €6.99. If you're interested, best act fast as there's only a few left.

https://ebay.ie/itm/Nintendo-Switch-Lite-Handheld-Console-Yellow/123912909310

Edit: They're gone now. That was likely the best deal you'll get on the Lite for some time. I was nearly thinking of buying one for myself, even though I've no need for it.

Dandy Dungeon is 30% off at the moment, bringing it to €11.19. They've also announced a load of updates to it which pretty much doubles the size of the game. It reviews good and have heard lots of positive things about it.

Hooked on this. Great game, very moreish. Satisfying when you get a perfect run on a tower. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

sligeach wrote: »
    Not a bargain per se, although given how there's a bit of a scalpers market out there at the moment, there's not many places selling Switch in Ireland and all stores are shut, this might seem like one.

NINTENDO Switch Lite - Grey - €229

https://www.currys.ie/ieen/tv-and-home-entertainment/gaming/gaming-consoles/nintendo-switch-lite-grey-10198832-pdt.html

NINTENDO Switch Lite & The Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening Bundle - Grey - €279

https://www.currys.ie/ieen/tv-and-home-entertainment/gaming/gaming-consoles/nintendo-switch-lite-the-legend-of-zelda-links-awakening-bundle-grey-10198493-pdt.html

Postage is €6.

We get screwed in Ireland on exchange rates and prices. I just had a look on Currys UK site. This isn't the worst offender and on the Switch Lite only option it's not too bad, but for the Lite plus Zelda, it's cheaper to buy from the UK and pay for the likes of AddressPal. You'd save about €20, though you may have to wait longer for delivery. Although, I bought from Currys Irish website just before Christmas and I think they shipped the item from the UK.

Here's the UK link:

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-home-entertainment/gaming/gaming-consoles/nintendo-switch-lite-the-legend-of-zelda-links-awakening-bundle-grey-10198493-pdt.html

They also have a bundle option for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.
    sligeach wrote: »
    Nintendo Switch Lite Handheld Console - Yellow from the official Argos Store on Ebay Ireland - €209.99. Postage is €6.99. If you're interested, best act fast as there's only a few left.

https://ebay.ie/itm/Nintendo-Switch-Lite-Handheld-Console-Yellow/123912909310

If anyone happens to see a non Lite Switch in stock some where please post it, I'm really regretting not picking up the one from Tesco when I had a chance :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,337 ✭✭✭fixXxer

This is the police €5.99
    Legend of Kay €5.99

If it's the first one, I wouldn't bother with This is the Police. Starts off as an interesting simulation then goes way off the rails.

• Advertisement
Advertisement