Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo games/consoles even more bargain alerts thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Are games generally cheaper on the South African eshop? I know people here have said they have used a revolut account to pay so it seems like a good option

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

SA takes any european card or paypal.
    First party games are usually cheaper, other games they are usually in the top 3 in europe but I think Norway and Russia edge them out. A very good region to pick if you're not going to be hopping regularly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Sorry for the late reply thanks so much, I got the ugreen one so hopefully it won't take too long.
    I wanted a new controller too so was gonna order something anyway.
    Fysh wrote: »
    You can use other USB3 adapters but they need to be based on the same chipset as the Switch one. There's an old reddit post here with some info about potentially suitable adapters. Amazon UK has the Ugreen USB3 adapter here for £18 at the moment.

If you've got a Wii LAN adapter you can use that - this is what I use. It's 100Mbit rather than Gigabit, though (theoretical limit on USB2 is 480Mbps but that's using bursting, and in practice the absolute limit of what you'll get in the real world is ~50MB/s or so transfer speeds). In practice I still find it a good bit faster than the wireless connection in terms of throughput.
    Banjo wrote: »
    I have the Ugreen one, works fine, just plugged it in and away I went. Although my broadband is prehistoric ****e so your mileage may vary. Also, after undocking, the Switch can be a bit funny about rejoining the Wireless network for in-progress downloads but that's not exactly gamebreaking. I've never undocked mid-game while online now that I think about it, no idea if that's an issue.

Got it for £11.99 2 years ago - Camelcamelcamel have suspended tracking Amazon UK during the Covid crisis so just putting that out there if you're wondering if it's a good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Rael

Sorry for the late reply thanks so much, I got the ugreen one so hopefully it won't take too long. I wanted a new controller too so was gonna order something anyway.

uGreen's a great bit ofkit. I got one about three years ago and no problems. In fact I remember it tested the fastest out of all the adaptors with the Switch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Long shot but is there anywhere open that would have a Switch (not lite) in or near Dublin?!

Failing that any reliable sites to order one from that might have stock?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 133 ✭✭ijohhj

sugarman wrote: »
    Amazon France seems to be the only place that has them in stock at RRP.

And their plugs will be the mainland European one, not our Ireland/UK one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,202 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

And there's a potential headache if you ever need to exercise your warranty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,778 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Vikings wrote: »
    Long shot but is there anywhere open that would have a Switch (not lite) in or near Dublin?!

Failing that any reliable sites to order one from that might have stock?

Tesco is probably your best bet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,540 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Valfaris is on my wish list and is on sale for €14.99 (or €11 in South Africa).
    Contra-esque and very heavy metal with a gorgeous pixelart style.
    It got 8s and 9s across the board in reviews.
    A good 10-15 hours length too for the main game.
    It also has a fullmetal mode (New Game+ where you start with all weapons but harder enemies and new boss patterns) when you finish the game.

Sounds like good value to me.

Valfaris_QUOTES02_1920x1080W600.png?t=1585338078

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,102 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

sligeach wrote: »
    And there's a potential headache if you ever need to exercise your warranty.

Shouldn't be it's the EU after all.
    Just a heads up for anyone going the Amazon France route, I ordered one it did ship but it's been stuck in Hannover Germany for nearly a week so expect delays

• Advertisement

That's what I was thinking, warranty is with Nintendo Europe regardless.

Just a heads up for anyone going the Amazon France route, I ordered one it did ship but it's been stuck in Hannover Germany for nearly a week so expect delays

It's a pain as in the language barrier. Possibly longer shipping, may be more expensive. I'd rather just deal with Ireland and the UK. Mainland Europe is alright for certain items.

Brother in law got one in Tesco last week just wasn't sure if they're out of stock everywhere or some still knocking about. I'll try a Tesco later hopefully

Where are these tesco's that stock that kind of hardware? None in Dublin City Centre that's for sure.

ijohhj wrote: »
    Where are these tesco's that stock that kind of hardware? None in Dublin City Centre that's for sure.

Usually the big Tesco Extras, Maynooth Naas etc

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭laneykin

Seems impossible to get a switch console at the moment. Has anyone any ideas of anywhere online that would have them? Been trying a few weeks now and no luck

Look up.

I'll try a Tesco later hopefully

Tesco Maynooth only had Lite's if anyone else is looking

Save a few Euro on Nintendo Switch Online 12 Month (365 Day) Membership Download - £14.85

https://www.shopto.net/en/ndo10000953-nintendo-switch-online-12-month-365-day-p60993/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭baldshin

sligeach wrote: »
    Save a few Euro on Nintendo Switch Online 12 Month (365 Day) Membership Download - £14.85

https://www.shopto.net/en/ndo10000953-nintendo-switch-online-12-month-365-day-p60993/

Could also get Tetris 99 on Amazon for £17.99. Includes a year of Switch online plus all the dlc for the game. Or the cartridge can be sold on to CEX when they open again for €13.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Smyths online have Switch lite in stock. Just ordered a yellow one. (Turquoise said it was in stock until I got to checkout) Part paid with a gift card when I finally worked out how to use it! :pac:

Sorry, not a bargain.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

laneykin wrote: »
    Seems impossible to get a switch console at the moment. Has anyone any ideas of anywhere online that would have them? Been trying a few weeks now and no luck

I'm in the same boat and no luck out there at all yet, I have one on "pre-order" with Smyths and they told me on FB they're committed to fulfilling all orders, and their website is now saying online delivery is available so hoping they come good soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,778 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Usually the big Tesco Extras, Maynooth Naas etc

I've seen them in Arthur's quay (not recently) which would be a fairly small Tesco by comparison

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Super prices on the South African eshop at the minute

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Russia has Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle down to €6.63

Assassin's Creed III Remastered is €10.77 in South Africa
    Sports Party is €5.82 in South Africa
    Runner3 is €0.58 in South Africa
    Don't Starve €3.82 South Africa
    Rogue Legacy €1.73 South Africa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Transistor just over a euro on the SA store too. Steamworld heist just over three

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

How might one partake in the foreign e shop delight's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Vego wrote: »
    How might one partake in the foreign e shop delight's

https://switchwatch.co.uk/switch-eshops-how-to-access-different-regions/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭skerry

manual_man wrote: »
    Transistor just over a euro on the SA store too. Steamworld heist just over three

Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom is just under 12 euro there too. Tried the demo and thought it was OK but gets rave reviews so I'm tempted to give it a proper chance at that price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Yeah it's certainly a time to get Rand-y

https://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=ZAR&to=EUR&view=1M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,102 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I'm after ordering a grey Switch from Amazon France just under €350 delivered 7 working days for delivery I think my last order from there was delivered by AnPost hoping it will arrive in the current environment.
    Went for the grey one as it's the second revision with the newer processor and better joy con battery life they had the neon in second revision but wouldnt ship to Ireland but they will sell the original Rev 1 Neon Switch which will ship. Just need to find cheapest place for Animal crossing now :)

Well just an update and it's not good, shipment sat in Hannover in Germany for a week it moved over the weekend ended up in Amazon UK Rochester Midway,, this morning and is now being returned to sender as it shouldnt have gone there, also order page shows An Post couldn't deliver which is wrong also as it never got to Ireland managed to get onto Amazon France chat luckily the operator could speak English so she said there was a mixup between depots and offered me a refund, I said no could it be resent once it arrived back and she said it could but couldn't give me a timeline on it. So might not have been the best move ordering from France but will wait and see if it arrives and isn't damaged in any way

Well just an update and it's not good, shipment sat in Hannover in Germany for a week it moved over the weekend ended up in Amazon UK Rochester Midway,, this morning and is now being returned to sender as it shouldnt have gone there, also order page shows An Post couldn't deliver which is wrong also as it never got to Ireland managed to get onto Amazon France chat luckily the operator could speak English so she said there was a mixup between depots and offered me a refund, I said no could it be resent once it arrived back and she said it could but couldn't give me a timeline on it. So might not have been the best move ordering from France but will wait and see if it arrives and isn't damaged in any way
    My cousin ordered from Germany (I think saturn) last Thursday week and used mailboxde. He has his since before the weekend I believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

Suckit wrote: »
    My cousin ordered from Germany (I think saturn) last Thursday week and used mailboxde. He has his since before the weekend I believe.

Just checked Saturn there and seems to be sold out own :( but thanks for a shout on Mailboxde never heard of that service before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭Doodah7

NBA 2K 20 reduced to €19.79 on the Irish Store...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Doodah7 wrote: »
    NBA 2K 20 reduced to €19.79 on the Irish Store...

Works out about €14 in Russia and €14.40 in South Africa if you fancy a socially responsible virtual holiday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

skerry wrote: »
    Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom is just under 12 euro there too. Tried the demo and thought it was OK but gets rave reviews so I'm tempted to give it a proper chance at that price.

Couldn't stand the demo and I was so looking forward to that game. But the music; the boss fight; the controls were just tedious. And ... I can't quite put my finger on this but a lot of these reimagined games just look the same. Looked like the Switch Shantae game I bought in a sale and really couldn't stand either. Yep, 12 quid is good value for this I guess :) I'd say to does get better once it fleshes out ... Anybody ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭skerry

nintendoo wrote: »
    Couldn't stand the demo and I was so looking forward to that game. But the music; the boss fight; the controls were just tedious. And ... I can't quite put my finger on this but a lot of these reimagined games just look the same. Looked like the Switch Shantae game I bought in a sale and really couldn't stand either. Yep, 12 quid is good value for this I guess :) I'd say to does get better once it fleshes out ... Anybody ???

I definitely wasn't blown away by the demo but I've a gap in my library for a nice little platformer so gonna give it a chance based on the overwhelmingly positive reviews its got.

I did read an interesting comment by one of the developers on Reddit though where he said that due to the nature of metroidvania games, where the game opens up as you go, a lot of developers don't go with a demo because it doesn't give a full representation of the game as its only the first level and most of the mechanics aren't even introduced at that stage. Will report back if I get to play any decent amount of it, but I'll have to drag myself away from Darkest Dungeon first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

lets say i went on to the usa site and fifa was a bargain but hypothetically speaking my credit card and paypal couldn't be set up how might someone work around that !!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,201 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Buy us eshop credit online and redeem it

• Advertisement

I blindly ordered off of buecher without reading the information so I've ordered a switch that may or may not be available till June :rolleyes::pac:

marko93 wrote: »
    I blindly ordered off of buecher without reading the information so I've ordered a switch that may or may not be available till June :rolleyes::pac:
    Yeah, says available again in June. You could cancel it and order from MediaMarkt. It's in stock and is €10 cheaper.

Yeah, says available again in June. You could cancel it and order from MediaMarkt. It's in stock and is €10 cheaper.

I've tried MM, but for some reason when I go to select delivery it says unavailable after letting me add it to my cart :confused: but sure, I'll keep on looking and keep this one on the table for the time being, maybe I'll get lucky and get it delivered sooner :o

I've tried MM, but for some reason when I go to select delivery it says unavailable after letting me add it to my cart :confused: but sure, I'll keep on looking and keep this one on the table for the time being, maybe I'll get lucky and get it delivered sooner :o
    Are you using mailboxde or shipping direct?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

skerry wrote: »
    I definitely wasn't blown away by the demo but I've a gap in my library for a nice little platformer so gonna give it a chance based on the overwhelmingly positive reviews its got.

I did read an interesting comment by one of the developers on Reddit though where he said that due to the nature of metroidvania games, where the game opens up as you go, a lot of developers don't go with a demo because it doesn't give a full representation of the game as its only the first level and most of the mechanics aren't even introduced at that stage. Will report back if I get to play any decent amount of it, but I'll have to drag myself away from Darkest Dungeon first.

Makes sense:
    I played the Ori demo and was meh !
    Then it went on sale and I bought it.
    Now one of my favourite games.

If you are looking for a good overlooked platformer then Splasher is one sale ( few quid ) and gets good reviews. Disclaimer: Haven't played it :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,201 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

€54.99 for Hori Split Pad including delivery from Harvey Norman.

Are you using mailboxde or shipping direct?

Shipped it directly as it was an option on checkout !

Shipped it directly as it was an option on checkout !
    I didn't realise that they shipped directly. Handy, but that is likley why MM didn't allow you. They only ship to Germany. So the option there would be to ship to mailboxde (free) and then from mailboxde to Ireland (around €18).

You can also pay for consolidation (€13.50 for the year) and you can add more items from other stores to that parcel and have them all shipped as one.

I didn't realise that they shipped directly. Handy, but that is likley why MM didn't allow you. They only ship to Germany. So the option there would be to ship to mailboxde (free) and then from mailboxde to Ireland (around €18).

You can also pay for consolidation (€13.50 for the year) and you can add more items from other stores to that parcel and have them all shipped as one.

Are you able to get to checkout with MM now? I couldn’t even get as far as putting in my information!

• Advertisement

Are you able to get to checkout with MM now? I couldn’t even get as far as putting in my information!
    I just checked there. It says
    Unfortunately no longer available online
    Shipping costs calculated with standard shipping

You may have better luck here - https://www.idealo.de/preisvergleich/MainSearchProductCategory.html?q=nintendo+switch

Advertisement