Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo games/consoles even more bargain alerts thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Mr E wrote: »
    None at all. However when you switch between regions from the same account, you lose gold coins and lose any credit left (so for example, if you have €5 of credit on your Irish account and change to SA, you lose that €5).
    When you switch back to Ireland from SA, you will lose the coins earned on your SA transaction.

If you have a zero balance and no coins, switch away.
    Yes but important to note that the gold coins stay in the eshop where you earned them. You don't lose them per say. They can just only be used on that particular eshop. Coins earned on another eshop can only be used in that eshop. And so on and so forth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

manual_man wrote: »
    Yes but important to note that the gold coins stay in the eshop where you earned them. You don't lose them per say. They can just only be used on that particular eshop. Coins earned on another eshop can only be used in that eshop. And so on and so forth.

That's good to know ... So I change region to SA , buy stuff and switch back. No need for new accounts etc etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

nintendoo wrote: »
    That's good to know ... So I change region to SA , buy stuff and switch back. No need for new accounts etc etc

Does this mean that my coins are safe on my Irish account if I decide to fly to South Africa (switch region), buy a game or two in the shop there, and fly back to Ireland same day return? I have about €6 or €7 worth in coins and just want to protect my savings. :) (I’d prefer to avoid setting up a second account, because signing in and out with passwords etc is just too much fuss for me.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Does this mean that my coins are safe on my Irish account if I decide to fly to South Africa (switch region), buy a game or two in the shop there, and fly back to Ireland same day return? I have about €6 or €7 worth in coins and just want to protect my savings. :) (I’d prefer to avoid setting up a second account, because signing in and out with passwords etc is just too much fuss for me.)

Yes they're safe. I have coins in both South Africa & Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

tbahh wrote: »

Ordered one today expected delivery by the 22nd according to email. Will wait and see! Got mario kart 8 with it.

Any other recommendations? (Anything 5 year old friendly too!)

• Advertisement

Vikings wrote: »
    Ordered one today expected delivery by the 22nd according to email. Will wait and see! Got mario kart 8 with it.

Zelda Breath of The Wild & Animal Crossing : New Horizons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

Vikings wrote: »

mario odyssey
    mario maker 2
    captain toad treasure tracker
    animal crossing

Should last a year or 7 !

breath of the wild might be a bit scary but he can watch/help you play and it's about a million times more educational and better animated than most of the kids crap out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Snipperclips is great but frustrating if you're trying to win rather than chop your partner into bits, which is what your 5 year old will do.
    Unravel Two for fantastic co op
    Overcooked to have you at each others throats.
    Arms is a giggle if you have two sets of joycons.
    Kirby will let them lead while you do all the heavy lifting as their minion.

My 6 year old has been happy with the demos of snipperclips and Kirby for years :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,399 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/16-on-everything-with-code-animal-crossing-new-horizons-switch-eu-3489-at-gamivo-blue-games-3440375

Animal Crossing for about €40. I bought it from them and code was received after about 10 minutes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I just took a chance on Xenoblade Chronicles for the Switch from Amazon.fr via Address Pal.
    Only €32 so we'll see if it all works out...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭skerry

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I just took a chance on Xenoblade Chronicles for the Switch from Amazon.fr via Address Pal.
    Only €32 so we'll see if it all works out...

Was gonna do the same but ended up pre ordering from Shopto for €40 plus postage instead. Would prefer the English box art and figured not a huge difference in price when you factor in AddressPal cost and postage to UK

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

skerry wrote: »
    Was gonna do the same but ended up pre ordering from Shopto for €40 plus postage instead. Would prefer the English box art and figured not a huge difference in price when you factor in AddressPal cost and postage to UK

I never even checked what the Address Pal fee is...
    Just assumed it was a fiver

It's not that much, less than a fiver for sure. I wasn't sure about the dispatch date on Amazon fr either so figured I'd go with Shopto. Decent prices for the Hard copy through, I was fully expecting 60 quid on release for this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Iirc it is €3.50 to the post office or €4 to tye home on UK packages.

fPZNQNE.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭mirrormatrix

Any restrictions on size of SD card that can be used with Switch Lite? Was thinking of getting 128GB as the 32GB internal storage seems quite small?

I have a 200GB in there now and had a 128 before that I lost. I think it'll do 512, but I'm broke so I'll not be finding out any time soon. it's usually a file system restriction rather than the size of the card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I've got 400 GB and I end up juggling installs for space

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 133 ✭✭ijohhj

I've got 400 GB and I end up juggling installs for space

Genuinely don't know how that's possible tbh. Even with several f2p I never touched I have room to spare on a much smaller card. Can't see the average user needing more than 256gb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

I feel your pain!

Easy to fill. Buy games on sale, install, never play, buy bigger card, repeat.

• Advertisement

It's not that much, less than a fiver for sure. I wasn't sure about the dispatch date on Amazon fr either so figured I'd go with Shopto. Decent prices for the Hard copy through, I was fully expecting 60 quid on release for this

When I navigated back to Amazon.fr it showed up as full price, then when I went to the link from here it was still at the cheap price, so I registered with Address Pal and off we went spending again.
    Looking forward to getting the game I already own twice and wasn't interested in playing either of those times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭chonix

There appears to be some kind of North-American region sale - Mostly Namco-Bandai titles for Switch. Have a look at Deku

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Games that you're not currently playing can be easily archived to free up storage space. Just bare in mind you'll lose your saves if you don't first backup the save game data to the cloud(Switch Online sub required for this)

This is not a Nintendo bargain but if you've kids at home and you want them to have a fun comic to read, plus subtly indoctrinate them into wanting to play Ocarina of Time, this is worth grabbing :
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/brilliant-family-friendly-fantasy-comics-pdf-downloads-free-from-the-awesome-colin-bell-3440850#comment-40407058

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,400 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Games that you're not currently playing can be easily archived to free up storage space. Just bare in mind you'll lose your saves if you don't first backup the save game data to the cloud(Switch Online sub required for this)
    If I want to upgrade my current SD card, do I need to backup my save games to the cloud too or would copying the contents from the old SD card to the new one work?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 133 ✭✭ijohhj

Banjo wrote: »
    This is not a Nintendo bargain but if you've kids at home and you want them to have a fun comic to read, plus subtly indoctrinate them into wanting to play Ocarina of Time, this is worth grabbing :
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/brilliant-family-friendly-fantasy-comics-pdf-downloads-free-from-the-awesome-colin-bell-3440850#comment-40407058

There's a Link to the Past (I believe) manga/comic that would do a better job at this subversion :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

Switch arrived!

So just wanted to say a big thank you to all for helping along the last few posts I greatly appreciate it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

xckjoo wrote:
    If I want to upgrade my current SD card, do I need to backup my save games to the cloud too or would copying the contents from the old SD card to the new one work?

Save files are on the switch, only games stored on sd, so just copy the game files to new sd and away you go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

Daughter has a birthday coming up and wants a console. I know it is sold out everywhere.
    Wondering if anyone knows if this is legit? Seems to be Argos UK's ebay store. Feedback seems to check out.
    https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Nintendo-Switch-Console-Neon/332142931702?hash=item4d5542eef6:g:f0gAAOSwHB5ePBoH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

BraveDonut wrote: »
    Daughter has a birthday coming up and wants a console. I know it is sold out everywhere.
    Wondering if anyone knows if this is legit? Seems to be Argos UK's ebay store. Feedback seems to check out.
    https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Nintendo-Switch-Console-Neon/332142931702?hash=item4d5542eef6:g:f0gAAOSwHB5ePBoH

It's out of stock and they don't deliver to parcel forward services

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

Thanks - That is probably why I can't see a button to actually order :-)
    I was not aware that you could not use parcel motel - thanks for the tip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Switch Lite (Grey) is on coolshop uk for £180 (€206)
    https://www.coolshop.co.uk/product/nintendo-switch-lite-grey/AB53FJ/
    Coolshop Germany for €199
    https://www.coolshop.de/produkt/nintendo-switch-lite-grey/AB53FJ/

i didn't check shipping to Ireland or a virtual address

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭eggy81

The metro games are 17 quid on the store. Has anyone played them. Do they run well on switch. Reviews seem good.

Never played them in any form but there was a store selling the cart with both games on it for £30 via ebay. Unsure if they deliver to Ireland

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/metro-redux-for-the-nintendo-switch-from-ebay-boss-deals-simply-games-for-2999-delivered-3441486

Or from simply games who, I think, do
    https://www.simplygames.com/p/metro-redux-ps4-43600

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭tbahh

This is on Smyth's Irish website for the neon red and blue Switch with improved battery life:

Out of Stock. Expected in stock: 17 April - 20 April

For the grey version, just a vague date of May 2020 is given. So for those still on the hunt for a regular Swith, I'd recommend keeping an eye on their site over the coming days.

Link: https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/nintendo-gaming/nintendo-switch/nintendo-switch-consoles/nintendo-switch-neon-red-blue-with-improved-battery-life/p/182022

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,946 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

eggy81 wrote: »
    The metro games are 17 quid on the store. Has anyone played them. Do they run well on switch. Reviews seem good.

They apparently have done a good job on them. I have them, got them on the South African store for €13. But haven't got a time to try them yet.

Feck, my Xenoblade order from Amazon.fr has been nobbled.
    Apparently they can't get the stock, more likely they can't get the game at the price advertised.
    Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭mirrormatrix

tbahh wrote: »
    This is on Smyth's Irish website for the neon red and blue Switch with improved battery life:

Out of Stock. Expected in stock: 17 April - 20 April

For the grey version, just a vague date of May 2020 is given. So for those still on the hunt for a regular Swith, I'd recommend keeping an eye on their site over the coming days.

Link: https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/nintendo-gaming/nintendo-switch/nintendo-switch-consoles/nintendo-switch-neon-red-blue-with-improved-battery-life/p/182022

That switch is in stock now. Probably won't last long

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭Peckham

Got one!

Had refreshed the Smyths site a few times this morning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,917 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

The sale is ending this Sunday afaik.

I spotted Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 Plus is only €3.65 in Sooth Efrika so that's a yoink for me

https://eshop-prices.com/games/474-pac-man-championship-edition-2-plus?currency=EUR

• Advertisement

Rocket League a decent price at 6.50 from South Africa too. Have it on Xbox and haven't put major time into it but that's never stopped me double dipping on the Switch before. Any thoughts on how it runs on Switch, just looking for something cheap and cheerful for a games with the lads online and fecked if I'm buying FIFA to partake. Rocket League seems like infinitely more craic.

I've only ever played the Switch version. It chugs a little but I think that's my internet rather than the game. That said, there's never been a Nintendo handheld that didn't have inexplicably poor Wifi reception. One thing I haven't looked at since Online became a sub is what happens if you try to go online split-screen and only one of you has the sub. But I imagine they'll require you both to be covered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,400 ✭✭✭xckjoo

eggy81 wrote: »
    I got it last week and have played a bit. It's good but has a few annoyances that are probably due to the age of the game more than anything. Like the interaction hit box is small so you have to be in the exact right spot to pick stuff up or talk to people. And at the moment I think I'm supposed to talk to someone to continue the story but I've no idea where he is so just going to have to wander around trying to find people I can interact with, which brings us back to the first issue I mentioned. Don't think it's a Switch issue though. Been playing it fine on my Switch Lite. The rest of it has been good and there's been a few tense bits where I've nearly ran out of ammo completely.

Rocket League a decent price at 6.50 from South Africa too. Have it on Xbox and haven't put major time into it but that's never stopped me double dipping on the Switch before. Any thoughts on how it runs on Switch, just looking for something cheap and cheerful for a games with the lads online and fecked if I'm buying FIFA to partake. Rocket League seems like infinitely more craic.

Haven't played it on the Switch but played it loads on the Xbox a few years ago and it would be perfect for what you're describing. Only issue could potentially be if the Switch can't keep up and there's lag, but you could probably find that out reading some reviews. Probably worth a go at 6.50 though. It's some craic, even if I never got very good at it :D

xckjoo wrote: »
    I got it last week and have played a bit. It's good but has a few annoyances that are probably due to the age of the game more than anything. Like the interaction hit box is small so you have to be in the exact right spot to pick stuff up or talk to people. And at the moment I think I'm supposed to talk to someone to continue the story but I've no idea where he is so just going to have to wander around trying to find people I can interact with, which brings us back to the first issue I mentioned. Don't think it's a Switch issue though. Been playing it fine on my Switch Lite. The rest of it has been good and there's been a few tense bits where I've nearly ran out of ammo completely.

Haven't played it on the Switch but played it loads on the Xbox a few years ago and it would be perfect for what you're describing. Only issue could potentially be if the Switch can't keep up and there's lag, but you could probably find that out reading some reviews. Probably worth a go at 6.50 though. It's some craic, even if I never got very good at it :D

Had a look at a few reviews and it seems to perform well, as long as your not expecting the same performance if your coming from a PC. I've only played a few hours on Xbox so I'd say I'll see no difference. Picked it up there anyway, should be a bit of craic.

Feck, my Xenoblade order from Amazon.fr has been nobbled.
    Apparently they can't get the stock, more likely they can't get the game at the price advertised.
    Ah well.

Most likely cancelled it as it was incorrectly listed as a book. I've bought stuff off Amazon well below rrp before without cancellation, preordered and received the 35th Anniversary Akira manga set from them for £80 when it was supposed to be £180.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,202 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Usually gets flagged when hundreds are pre-ordered rather than dozens curse of HotUKDeals if loads of people jump on a deal it gets flagged much faster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Amazon France have been ordered by government to sell essential items only, maybe has something to do with it

sweetie wrote: »
    Amazon France have been ordered by government to sell essential items only, maybe has something to do with it

Shouldn't be an issue, the game isn't scheduled to be released until the end of May.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

So I take it Shopto has the cheapest price for Xenoblades remastered now at 40€?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,917 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Rive: Ultimate Edition is 90% off @ €1.49

(or €0.96 in SA: https://eshop-prices.com/games/233-rive-ultimate-edition?currency=EUR)

• Advertisement
Advertisement