Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo games/consoles even more bargain alerts thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

sugarman wrote: »
    These look like decent deals on the eShop

ATV Drift & Tricks €1.75
    Syberia 2 €1.49
    Invisigun Reloaded €0.99

Really annoyed with myself that I missed that. I had planned to buy it, but put it off. :mad:
    Lonely Mountains: Downhill looks like a lovely game, not sure how repetitive though, has anyone played it?

EDIT - Just realised it was only released two days ago..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,399 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/animal-crossing-digital-download-for-nintendo-switch-3185-using-code-3318-using-paypal-at-gamivo-3460079

Just under £32 for a digital copy. Bought my version of Animal Crossing from here and a few other games over the years and never had an issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭jj880

Suckit wrote: »
    Really annoyed with myself that I missed that. I had planned to buy it, but put it off.

I got it at 1.75 but theres no multiplayer (local or online) like the ps4 version. I played it for maybe 1 hour and haven't played it since.

These look like decent deals on the eShop

ATV Drift & Tricks €1.75
    Syberia 2 €1.49
    Invisigun Reloaded €0.99

Invisigun Reloaded is a great game. Im hooked on it. The multiplayer is excellent. The soundtrack is 1 of the best ive heard. So much game for 0.99 and its still that price I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭skerry

TitianGerm wrote: »
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/animal-crossing-digital-download-for-nintendo-switch-3185-using-code-3318-using-paypal-at-gamivo-3460079

Just under £32 for a digital copy. Bought my version of Animal Crossing from here and a few other games over the years and never had an issue.

Put this in my basket but chickened out in the end. Don't think it would be my type of game but I'm getting the FOMO reading everyone's posts on here about it. I must be one of the few on here not playing it. Might keep an eye out for a decent hardcopy price incase I don't dig it.

skerry wrote: »
    Put this in my basket but chickened out in the end. Don't think it would be my type of game but I'm getting the FOMO reading everyone's posts on here about it. I must be one of the few on here not playing it. Might keep an eye out for a decent hardcopy price incase I don't dig it.

I just looked this up. Im not getting the hype. You build a life on an island? Is that it or is there some kind of great multiplayer?

Genuinely asking in case Im missing out on a good game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,917 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

jj880 wrote: »
    I just looked this up. Im not getting the hype. You build a life on an island? Is that it or is there some kind of great multiplayer?

Genuinely asking in case Im missing out on a good game.

it's a cartooney version of The Sims from what I understand...except less task based and more about endless collecting to spruce up house or whatever. Personally I'd avoid it as I prefer more story based games with defined goals.

Is there any easy way to find out what games on the Japanese eShop have English language options?

The likes of Ni No Kuni are down to ~€13 and Death Mark down to ~€8.50.

Very good bargains if they come in English, but I cant find out if either do.

Nearly sure someone on here picked up Ni No Kuni there a while back and there was no English translation.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I was foolish enough to buy both Ni No Kuni and Professor Layton in the sale... neither of which come with and english language option, despite both, as far as I know, have that option in their EU releases.
    But, then they were not expensive at all, so not such a waste

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭chonix

Is there any easy way to find out what games on the Japanese eShop have English language options?

The likes of Ni No Kuni are down to ~€13 and Death Mark down to ~€8.50.

Very good bargains if they come in English, but I cant find out if either do.
    Perhaps this can be of assistance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Any good recommendations for a decent/cheap controller for a switch?

My young lads joy con having some issues (left stick is dragging up), would like to get him a new one without spending too much.

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I was foolish enough to buy both Ni No Kuni and Professor Layton in the sale... neither of which come with and english language option, despite both, as far as I know, have that option in their EU releases.
    But, then they were not expensive at all, so not such a waste

so your Cidey senses failed you!

Any good recommendations for a decent/cheap controller for a switch?

My young lads joy con having some issues (left stick is dragging up), would like to get him a new one without spending too much.

Cheers

Look back over last 2 or 3 pages.
    There are Amazon and AliExpress links to a controller recommended by a few people on this thread.
    23 sterling for 1 from Amazon.
    16 euro for 1 or 28 euro for 2 from AliExpress.

Mugsters is €1.49 or €0.68 in Russia
    Akane is €0.99 or €0.80 in South Africa
    Both look decent especially for those prices.
    I was also looking at 1979 Revolution: Black Friday (€2.99 or €1.97 in South Africa) - Not sure it gets great reviews but for the price it seems worth a punt.

I can't decide about Doodle God: Evolution (€0.85 in Russia) :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭Doodah7

NBA 2K20 is c.€3.30 on the Japanese eShop.

According to the Perfectly Nintendo Website, an English language option is included in the game.

Tempted.

What payment method works for the Japanese eShop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,202 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

It has gone down significantly on Xbox store and PSN this week we might get a similar reduction on eshop tomorrow in the weekly bulletin

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Doodah7 wrote: »
    What payment method works for the Japanese eShop?

I normally just buy JPN e-shop credit from play-asia.com. Works fine. :)

No discount on NBA either on Irish eshop or American unfortunately.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Not Nintendo, but got it on the Stadia store for €3.
    I only mention it because it must be getting discounted everywhere and on every platform, except for the EU/NA Swtich Eshop!

• Advertisement

Jap store has it reduced as mentioned here and as I said previously Xbox and PSN stores have it massively reduced but no such luck for Eshop other than Japan. I had it a while back got it in Argos but traded it in without really trying it if it had gone sub €10 I might have picked it up.

Load of Capcom games reduced now might see if Megaman is worth buying

Jap store has it reduced as mentioned here and as I said previously Xbox and PSN stores have it massively reduced but no such luck for Eshop other than Japan. I had it a while back got it in Argos but traded it in without really trying it if it had gone sub €10 I might have picked it up.

Load of Capcom games reduced now might see if Megaman is worth buying

The Japanese version has English though so there should be no problem.

Card Codes have Japanese credit for €10.99 for 1000 yen.

https://cardscodes.com/Nintendo_eShop_prepaid_card_1000_Yen_JAPAN-391.html

The Japanese version has English though so there should be no problem.

Card Codes have Japanese credit for €10.99 for 1000 yen.

https://cardscodes.com/Nintendo_eShop_prepaid_card_1000_Yen_JAPAN-391.html

I don't do the boarder hopping myself but I'm sure many here would appreciate the info on where to get the eshop credit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

Megaman 11 is 50% off.
    What the golf is 25% off.
    Eshop.

Considering Megaman or Onimusha as that's down to €10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,202 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Nintendo Entertainment System Controllers - 33% off at the Nintendo UK online store. Down from £49.99 to £33.49.

https://mynintendostore.nintendo.co.uk/catalog/product/view/id/616

Picked up Phoenix Wright Trilogy in the sale, never played them but highly regarded so looking forward to giving it a whirl. Definitely looks a lot different than anything else I have in my current Switch library.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

skerry wrote: »
    Picked up Phoenix Wright Trilogy in the sale, never played them but highly regarded so looking forward to giving it a whirl. Definitely looks a lot different than anything else I have in my current Switch library.

These games were some of favourite back on the DS. Some of the eventual conclusions can be a bit of a stretch at times.

But the crime scene stuff and the courtroom drama is great.

Okami HD is a tenner on the eshop and probably a good chunk less on SA store and others. If only I had the time to play it!

• Advertisement

I got Brawl on somebody elses recommendation. It is €0.65 in South Africa - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5x5xVALRww
    Looking for it, I saw this game which looks like it may be fun
    Brawlout is €6.46 also in South Africa (Super Smash Bros type game) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQbRJwTVdoI

Regalia: Of Men and Monarchs - Royal Edition is €1.85 in Russia - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHY7VuGA7KY
    Thief Simulator is €1.62 in South Africa - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2mhP4V6L_0

Argos stores not inside a shopping centre building are open again. Example Omni Liffey Valley Tallaght Blanchardstown are open Ilac Jervis Swords are not.

Click and Collect only

Hopefully they should stock Xenoblade

Omni has Animal Crossing game available to collect

No discount on NBA either on Irish eshop or American unfortunately.

Just saw it posted on HUKD - €3 on the Irish store. Probably old news.

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch/NBA-2K20-1630961.html

Wooo hoooo post on hukd 15 minutes ago definitely new news thanks for posting here

Holy duck file size is 42 GB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,540 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Not a bargain, but I know some people were looking for it.
    Ring Fit Adventure is back in stock in Smyths.

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/nintendo-gaming/nintendo-switch/nintendo-switch-games/ring-fit-adventure-nintendo-switch/p/183188

Mr E wrote: »
    Not a bargain, but I know some people were looking for it.
    Ring Fit Adventure is back in stock in Smyths.

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/nintendo-gaming/nintendo-switch/nintendo-switch-games/ring-fit-adventure-nintendo-switch/p/183188

I though that game was supposed to be impossible to find ... especially in a pandemic ... anyway ... still have mine on top of the wardrobe :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

NBA for €3. No brainer. Downloading! Cheers for the tip off (pun intended).

Got it for free with gold points!!

• Advertisement

Looked at some reviews of that game; seems like it's full of micro transactions / gambling ... and very long loading times. So, really is this a free to play game ...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

nintendoo wrote: »
    Looked at some reviews of that game; seems like it's full of micro transactions / gambling ... and very long loading times. So, really is this a free to play game ...

Yeah after checking reviews it’s a pass from me too. €3 saved. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Save the £3, it's not fun.

Ape out is 50% off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Got it for free with gold points!!

I came on to tell you all about this. It cost me 7cent after gold points, deadly. 95% discount is amazing.

Need 41GB of space.

I've read differing reports. Some saying it's basically a gambling machine game and others saying there's an actual game there. I got it with some spare points anyway. If I'd realised it was 42GB I would have passed.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Too big!

I got Mario and Sonic Olympics demo instead, it's good fun but not worth like 40 quid when you could get a similar game on your phone.

Any good RPGs that have big universes to explore? Don't care much about the gameplay if it's a sandbox. Bonus points for discount. Something like Zelda, Fallout, Pokémon, Red Dead. I need something absorbing and outdoorsy because the garden is too gloomy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

s1ippy wrote: »
    Too big!

I got Mario and Sonic Olympics demo instead, it's good fun but not worth like 40 quid when you could get a similar game on your phone.

Any good RPGs that have big universes to explore? Don't care much about the gameplay if it's a sandbox. Bonus points for discount. Something like Zelda, Fallout, Pokémon, Red Dead. I need something absorbing and outdoorsy because the garden is too gloomy.

Xenoblade is out very soon, sounds like it might tick the boxes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Xenoblade is out very soon, sounds like it might tick the boxes.
    Sounds absolutely daycent.

In the meantime Elder Scrolls is free to play, downloading now... What's the catch??!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

s1ippy wrote:
    In the meantime Elder Scrolls is free to play, downloading now... What's the catch??!

It seems pretty boring and not engaging. (blades)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

s1ippy wrote: »
    Sounds absolutely daycent.

It's a port of a free to play mobile phone game. Cut down and definitely not the full Elder Scrolls experience.

• Advertisement
Advertisement