Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo games/consoles even more bargain alerts thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Nollog

Just browsing the eshop, monster hunter for 20 Euro is so tempting, but i just can't go back to it after World.
    It is definitely a bargain though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

It's a port of a free to play mobile phone game. Cut down and definitely not the full Elder Scrolls experience.
    Absolutely bang on. I've enjoyed it somewhat but it plays like Skyrim as one of those Mafia Wars social games and aspects like the combat are pathetically stripped-back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,202 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Argos have Neverwinter Nights for €24.99 it's €49.99 on eshop might pick one up myself later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Blossoms: forget this bit (the zelda clone) is €7.49 or ~€4.80 on SA store. Also picked up Wonder boy in monster land for around €11.50 seeing as I was on hols and Degrees of Seperation for around the €1.50 mark.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Subdivision Infinity DX is on sale at 50% off until June. Looks like it's similar to Starlink's space battles - has anyone played it, and if so is it worth picking up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Escapists 2 down to €4.58 on SA store, anyone know if it's worth it at that price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Escapists 2 down to €4.58 on SA store, anyone know if it's worth it at that price?

The Escapists Complete Edition is on sale for €2.99 or in Russia for €1.40
    Mother Russia Bleeds is €0.99 or €0.64 in Norway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,946 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Horizon split pad back down to £35 on Amazon. if you want to get the most out if an FPS it us essential. With BioShock and Borderlands and outer worlds out in the next 2 week!!

SanDisk Ultra 256 GB microSDXC is £29.99 on amazon (around €33.50)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0758NHWS8/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭baldshin

Five Nights at Freddies: Help Wanted is €0.40 in the Swiss eshop right now. Definitely a mistake, €29.99 here. Currently downloading!

• Advertisement

I saw it on HUKD but didn't really take notice until it was posted here. Had to jump through a few hoops (turn off Switch online auto renewal, change region to Switzerland which was listed alphabetically under C for some reason) but got there in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,917 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Holy crap it worked... changed over my SA account so less risk if they ban the account or some crap :D

I had 5 gold coins on the SA account, I assume I lost em when changing to Swiss ? No biggie of course!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I saw it on HUKD but didn't really take notice until it was posted here. Had to jump through a few hoops (turn off Switch online auto renewal, change region to Switzerland which was listed alphabetically under C for some reason) but got there in the end.

Confederatio Helvetica, Latin for Swiss Confederation. Same as their number plates and what they go by internationally. Odd Nintendo did it that way though!

(Googled it before because son asked same question. Why CH for Switzerland.)

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

sugarman wrote: »
    No they'll still be there if you change back to SA.

oh right, I thought the risk of switching accounts was that you lose your points.

If I switch back to Swiss account next week do I see the 3 points I earned spending the whopping €0.40 today?

EDIT: Ah sorry I think you just lose credit on your account, that's fine I only ever pay the game price so credit is always 0.

I'm guess the price was meant to be 42 franc which is roughly €39

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

baldshin wrote:
    Five Nights at Freddies: Help Wanted is €0.40 in the Swiss eshop right now. Definitely a mistake, €29.99 here. Currently downloading!

No idea what this is, but hate to pass on a bargain 😂ðŸ™

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Grassey wrote: »
    No idea what this is, but hate to pass on a bargain ��ðŸ™

It's a jump-scare horror thing about working night-shift security in a restaurant whose animatronic performing robots are...let's say malfunctioning. I have the first one in the series on Steam, but despite liking the idea the actual game didn't grab me.

Here's a video with gameplay footage, if you're wondering and haven't bought it yet:

Fysh wrote: »
    It's a jump-scare horror thing about working night-shift security in a restaurant whose animatronic performing robots are...let's say malfunctioning. I have the first one in the series on Steam, but despite liking the idea the actual game didn't grab me.

Here's a video with gameplay footage, if you're wondering and haven't bought it yet:

Played FNAF last night and it's actually pretty good, and lots of levels in it.

I found using the R/L buttons to look right/left made it a bit more tense than using the stick to turn your head which felt a bit uncomfortable.

Definitely worth €0.40 ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

What The Golf is 25% off on Launch. Pretty fun game, and zany as hell. Takes inspiration from loads of other games too. Worth the €14.99 for my kids laughs alone

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    What The Golf is 25% off on Launch. Pretty fun game, and zany as hell. Takes inspiration from loads of other games too. Worth the €14.99 for my kids laughs alone

It's free on Apple Arcade if anyone has that and wanted to try it out first. Played a little bit of it a while back and was surprisingly good fun! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,540 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

FNAF is back to full price this morning (in case anyone was thinking of going for it). About €40.

Mr E wrote: »
    FNAF is back to full price this morning (in case anyone was thinking of going for it). About €40.
    mrcheez wrote: »
    I'm guess the price was meant to be 42 franc which is roughly €39

yeah seems I was right... someone got lazy with the double zero before hitting submit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,338 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Hoping Darkwood pops up on sale. Would love to give it a go but my backlog is keeping me from taking the plunge.

I didn't go for it, I watched that youtube video, and even though it was only 40cents, I don't think I would ever play it.

The escapists 2 has loads of versions or maybe DLC in the eshop on the switch, and a GOTY edition.

But they don't appear on eshop-prices.

Does the GOTY edition come with all of the other versions/packs?
    The GOTY edition is 699RUB in Russia (around €8.90)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭eggy81

Can anyone who uses the hori splitpad pro telm me is it usable as a normal joypad in docked mode too. If not what is the best 3rd party wireless joypad for around 40 quid. Anything more and might as well buy the pro controller.

eggy81 wrote: »
    Can anyone who uses the hori splitpad pro telm me is it usable as a normal joypad in docked mode too.

No, the Hori Split Pad Pro has to be connected to the Switch itself for them to work, they're not wireless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Can anyone who uses the hori splitpad pro telm me is it usable as a normal joypad in docked mode too. If not what is the best 3rd party wireless joypad for around 40 quid. Anything more and might as well buy the pro controller.

A little bit more than €40 but you can't go wrong with the 8bitdo sn/sf30 pro. Great pad.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/8Bitdo-SF30-PRO-Bluetooth-Gamepad/dp/B0748S3GXG

A little bit more than €40 but you can't go wrong with the 8bitdo sn/sf30 pro. Great pad.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/8Bitdo-SF30-PRO-Bluetooth-Gamepad/dp/B0748S3GXG

Cheers. Love the aesthetic. Is it a bit easier on the hands than the old snes pad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Cheers. Love the aesthetic. Is it a bit easier on the hands than the old snes pad.

Yeah, they do another pad with the palm grips like more modern pads with the same lay out if that is your preference.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/8Bitdo-Wireless-Bluetooth-Nintendo-Raspberry/dp/B07T8JKVNT/

They only do this one in black, Famicom and US Snes colours though, no EU/Super Famicom variant.

They don't have their own battery so have to be connected. It seems odd that they don't have a connector so you could use it as a controller.
    But they are great, if you play hand held nothing cones close.

They don't have their own battery so have to be connected. It seems odd that they don't have a connector so you could use it as a controller.
    But they are great, if you play hand held nothing cones close.

That's what I was thinking. Be a great way to cover all bases if you could join them. Suppose they be much more expensive then though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Anyone with hands a bit on the smaller side (like myself) have any opinion about the Hori split pad pro?

Hori Split Pad Pro £35 on Amazon currently.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07T5QKKVP

manual_man wrote: »
    Anyone with hands a bit on the smaller side (like myself) have any opinion about the Hori split pad pro?

It's not a million miles off the size and layout of the Xbox One controller.

I didn't have a huge issue with the small size of the Switch Joycons, it was more so the small area for the sticks to move and pick up how much you wanted to move left or right. It seems like the distance between the middle and a full press left or right was tiny. I found I was aiming all over the place, over shooting all the time and ending up just trying to move the character in line with enemies with the left stick to shoot them rather than aiming at them with the right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,202 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Resident Evil sale https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/resident-evil-sale-at-nintendo-eshop-3473299

Highlight is RE4 for £11 in South Africa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,779 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Resident Evil sale https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/resident-evil-sale-at-nintendo-eshop-3473299

I think 5 and 6 are out now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Sound for highlighting this. I've never played RE4, think it's time to finally jump on this.

Offer says European accounts too.

For whatever reason I can't log in on my mobile to check. Nintendo's site never loads for me, or the log in page opens but then closes again instantly, on any browser.

https://www.nakana.io/offer

They are all free for me in the US eShop. They are all about €2 in the Irish eShop (heavily discounted) That might change later though.

I probably got those required games elsewhere though.

• Advertisement

Argos €48.99 for Xenoblade

GameStop and Smyths €59.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,202 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Argos €48.99 for Xenoblade

GameStop and Smyths €59.99

The 2 stores reportedly in trouble(Gamestop definitely is) charging more. Little wonder why they're in trouble. Smyths aren't a bad store in fairness, again, Gamestop definitely is.

Or Argos fudged up as the game was listed at £49.99 on UK site to preorder.

Don't point at the mean prices take the good one and run with it as it's €48.99 now but who knows what tomorrow may bring

Argos have both Borderlands and Bioshock collections for €42.99 each order only at the moment no stock in to collect.

They are all free for me in the US eShop. They are all about €2 in the Irish eShop (heavily discounted) That might change later though.

I probably got those required games elsewhere though.

Thanks for highlighting the deal, just to confirm that these were all free for me on the irish account. Mana Spark was one of the games given away when Qubic did their giveaway. So handy enough, and softens the blow of some horrendous drift my left green joycon has just developed. :(

If anyone doesn't have Blazing Beaks, it's a great little game. On sale in Europe (including SA) for a couple of euros.

(It's one of the precondition games, not part of this offer).

If I buy Blazing Beaks or Mana Spark from SA, I am guessing it won't qualify for the free games in Europe?
    I was looking at Blazing Beaks the other day, as it appeared on another site. So did Eqqo, so I will likely go for this anyway :) Thanks, seems a great giveaway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Thanks for highlighting the deal, just to confirm that these were all free for me on the irish account. Mana Spark was one of the games given away when Qubic did their giveaway. So handy enough, and softens the blow of some horrendous drift my left green joycon has just developed. :(
    Yeah, thanks, picked the three of them up thanks to the Qubic giveaway at Xmas (I'm assuming, they were listed as free). Anyway, are any of them any good? I have a backlog as it is, any worth making sure I give them a go?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Suckit wrote:
    If I buy Blazing Beaks or Mana Spark from SA, I am guessing it won't qualify for the free games in Europe? I was looking at Blazing Beaks the other day, as it appeared on another site. So did Eqqo, so I will likely go for this anyway Thanks, seems a great giveaway.

Yeah I picked up blazing beaks free with coins in SA, then the other 3 were free.

Advertisement