Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo games/consoles even more bargain alerts thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Yeah I got Eevee, MK, Mafia 3 and Mario Party. Big Tesco.

MK
    Mario Kart or Mortal Kombat :)
    Also, how much ?

I see Grid Autosport 25% off..About 20 quid in SA store.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

nintendoo wrote: »
    MK
    Mario Kart or Mortal Kombat :)
    Also, how much ?

I see Grid Autosport 25% off..About 20 quid in SA store.

What do you mean how much? Tesco were doing a clear out of certain games for a tenner, I'm sure I said that. It's also the second time they've done this in recent months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,779 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

What do you mean how much? Tesco were doing a clear out of certain games for a tenner, I'm sure I said that. It's also the second time they've done this in recent months.

First I've seen of it being a tenner per game... Good bargain though

First I've seen of it being a tenner per game... Good bargain though

Thought you were someone else. Yeah got to pick up a fair few as social distancing nobody wanted to come near me browsing until I was gone.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I spotted Stikbold by chance in the sale (50% off until the 14th) and tried it out as it has a demo. I reckon I'll pick it up as it looks like it should be both easy fun for couch multiplayer and also fun to play single-player (there's a story mode with a CPU-controlled 2nd player). Anyone else picked this up? If so, what did you think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,202 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

American eshop summer sale has just gone up on Nintendo everything Ni No Kuni for $20 highlight for me hope it's gonna be €20 here when our sale starts.

https://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-announces-summer-game-sale-for-the-switch-eshop-captain-toad-donkey-kong-country-dragon-quest-xi-s-more/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

American eshop summer sale has just gone up on Nintendo everything Ni No Kuni for $20 highlight for me hope it's gonna be €20 here when our sale starts.

https://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-announces-summer-game-sale-for-the-switch-eshop-captain-toad-donkey-kong-country-dragon-quest-xi-s-more/

30€ on SA store they take revolute

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Might be worth me buying it again, seeing as I couldn't play the Japanese only version I bought for a tenner in the sale there!

Wait until Thursday just incase it does drop here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

safetyboy wrote: »
    30€ on SA store they take revolute

not for me anymore, tried buying the Mummy which is 50% off

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

My US account doesn't like my credit card/PayPal anymore, so a-waiting I will be...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,202 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Capcom are having a sale at the moment on the Switch eShop and on other platforms.
    Nintendo Switch – ACE ATTORNEY FRANCHISE SALE

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy – 50% off

Nintendo Switch – JUNE 2020 SALE

Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen – 50% off
    Mega Man 11 – 50% off
    Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection – 25% off
    Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate – 60% off
    Okami HD – 50% off
    Shinsekai: Into the Depths – 25% off
    Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection – 63% off

Nintendo Switch – RESIDENT EVIL FRANCHISE SALE

Resident Evil 0 – 57% off
    Resident Evil HD – 57% off
    Resident Evil 4 – 50% off
    Resident Evil 5 – 50% off
    Resident Evil 6 – 50% off

https://www.capcom-unity.com/2020/06/10/capcom-summer-sale-brings-together-great-games-at-great-prices-now-through-june-15/

The discounts are live now and run until the 18th of this month. It says the Mega Man games end tomorrow, 11th but that's from a previous ongoing sale, so I'd imagine they'll be extended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭jj880

Looking at Minecraft Dungeons at the mo.

Ive never tried going to another eshop before but i cant justify paying 20 euro for it. I see its 13 euro on the Brazil eshop. Anyone bought anything off brazil eshop before?

Just came across this deal on Shopto, Nintendo Switch Console Grey + Cars 3 + Just Dance 2020 for €327.12. You can sell the games at CEX for €33 cash. You'll have to change your address to AddressPal or Parcel Motel though, as I tried going to checkout and it said it won't deliver to Ireland. You'd be better off anyway, as UK delivery would be far cheaper if not free.

https://www.shopto.net/en/swhw43-nintendo-switch-console-grey-p195141/

This seems pretty good to me, especially considering how hard it is to buy a Switch currently. And that they've this option as well, Nintendo Switch Console Neon Red - Neon Blue + Cars 3 Driven to Win + Animal Crossing: New Horizon OR Pokemon Shield OR Pokemon Sword OR Luigi's Mansion 3 OR Super Mario Odyssey for € 343.97. You'll get far more cash from CEX for the Nintendo game if you don’t like the choices.

https://www.shopto.net/en/swhw42-nintendo-switch-console-neon-red-neon-blue-p195129/

Just to add, Shopto are very reliable, for anyone who doesn't know them or hasn't bought from them before.

• Advertisement

Bravely Second CE for 5 euro in Argos no stock anywhere in the country I've checked every store just now on reservation it comes up available to order but goes out of stock rather than reserved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,338 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Just Dance 2020 is surprisingly fun.

Bravely Second CE for 5 euro in Argos no stock anywhere in the country I've checked every store just now on reservation it comes up available to order but goes out of stock rather than reserved.

I got out of stock, but also a reservation code and I'll be updated when it its back in :-/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

fixXxer wrote: »
    I got out of stock, but also a reservation code and I'll be updated when it its back in :-/

Don't think that's going to be back. They had a handful at that price before the lockdown but it locked like they were just clearing out old stock.

Wasn't that Bravely Second CE deal mentioned here before a good number of months ago? It was cleaned out. I'm near certain it was Argos as well.

Edit: Yep.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=112247766

• Advertisement

Was previously posted by me, it was then deleted from Argos site and was higher price then this post was more an alert that it's not available and won't be available so don't bother looking for it.

Was previously posted by me, it was then deleted from Argos site and was higher price then this post was more an alert that it's not available and won't be available so don't bother looking for it.

Spoken like someone trying to keep them all to themselves IM ON TO YOU

More the last time I posted there were loads of requests and other nice people bombarding adverts with them, I still have the one a really good poster sorted me out with when GameStop sold the 3ds collectors edition off a couple of years back I don't hoard since I was homeless and lost €300k worth of stuff back in 2013 never again pile stuff high only for it to end up being sold or destroyed by asshole family or someone else.

Tldr no I don't want any of them I have one that's enough

I was just joking and now i feel bad :-/

And I'm using real events to be a dick back under my bridge I go ;)

Whens the sale start in Ireland?

Store usually updates around 2-3pm Irish time on a thursday

Toki gone on sale again fantastic game for €3

Toki gone on sale again fantastic game for €3

Loved the original in the arcade will snap this up.

Is there a list of games on sale?

Looks like Ni No Kuni is 34£

Yeah unfortunately looks like no euro reduction on Ni No Kuni if I recall the Euro sale wasn't until mid July last summer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Sandisk 256GB MicroSD card is down to £27.99 on mymemoryuk + £2.95 shipping works out at roughly €34.50 delivered
    And if you have TopCashBack account you can get up to 8.25% cashback.

Heads up - The last two times I ordered from mymemory the shipping was very slow (before lockdown/covid19).

3DS games clear out in Argos.

3DS games clear out in Argos.

I appreciate you posting about bargains but please link to some examples of them.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I appreciate you posting about bargains but please link to some examples of them.

Go to the Argos site, type in 3DS. Do you also want me to order it and go and collect it for you? :)

I'd like to be an honourary mod for the next 5 minutes please I've even got the Jackie Gleason bus driver outfit

Ban hammer zoom straight to the moon

Keep it on topic lad. post bargains.

I'll clear this up for you.
    If you want to post here about a bargain you've found, post a link.
    If you don't want to do that, don't post on this thread.
    If that is a problem, consider this an instruction, from a mod of this forum.
    If you ignore that instruction, you may be banned from this forum.
    When we all signed up to Boards we agreed to abide by mod instructions, so if it is an issue, feel free not to post here again.

I'm gonna stop posting for a while as I said I'm finding it difficult to put up with trolls and I am easily triggered lately due to stress I love posting here and have enjoyed my time.

See ya some other time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I'm gonna stop posting for a while as I said I'm finding it difficult to put up with trolls and I am easily triggered lately due to stress I love posting here and have enjoyed my time.

See ya some other time.

I'm not that long back from a self imposed exile for that very reason. Ttfn.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement

Rocket League Collector's Edition Nintendo Switch is €12.99 at Smyths, down from €26.99. It's €20 on the eShop, though it has been around half-price in sales, and cheaper again if bought through the likes of the South African eShop.

But this is the physical version and you get 3 DLC packs with it.
    Rocket League Collector’s Edition includes: the base game and additional DLC content including ‘Supersonic Fury’, ‘Revenge of the Battle-Cars’ and ‘Chaos Run’.

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/nintendo-gaming/nintendo-switch/nintendo-switch-games/rocket-league-collector-s-edition-nintendo-switch/p/164650

Delivery is free as well for registered account holders.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

sligeach wrote: »
    Rocket League Collector's Edition Nintendo Switch is €12.99 at Smyths, down from €26.99. It's €20 on the eShop, though it has been around half-price in sales, and cheaper again if bought through the likes of the South African eShop.

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/nintendo-gaming/nintendo-switch/nintendo-switch-games/rocket-league-collector-s-edition-nintendo-switch/p/164650

Argos have this to for 11.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

I'm not a troll, Argos are selling off 3DS games, how is me typing that trolling? I don't have time to be going off gathering up links so thought it'd be better just commenting than nothing at all. It's alright to do that in the PS4/Xbox deals threads.

thanks, I got a few bargains reserved last night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

See ya some other time.

Hey, look after yourself! Anxious and stressful times on top of everything else. Keep safe man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭tbahh

I'm not sure if Smyths still offer free delivery. It appears that it would cost 6.99 to have it shipped on its own.

Taken from their Ireland website:
    Home Delivery in 2 - 4 Working Days

Delivery is Monday - Friday, excluding public holidays.
    Shipping charges are:
    €1.99 on orders over €29.
    €4.99 on orders between €15 and €29
    €6.99 for all orders under €15.

*Excludes large, bulky goods and video game consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

tbahh wrote: »
    I'm not sure if Smyths still offer free delivery. It appears that it would cost 6.99 to have it shipped on its own.

Delivery is free for account holders with orders over €25

• Advertisement

ERG89 wrote: »

That's good to know, thanks for that!

They should state this more clearly on their front page, like how it is on their UK page, or how it used to be on the front banner pre-covid times!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

On the Argos front, I saw Miitopia for €15ish, Yokai Watch for €2.50, the 2nd ones for €3.50, Warioware and Metroid Fed Force for €5 and a bunch of other stuff at €9 - Kirby, Brain Training etc.

Bravely Second Collectors Ed is €5 if you can find a store that stocks it. I couldn't within the boundaries of covid restrictions and my attention span.

https://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?pp=20&s=Price%3A+Low+-+High&storeId=10152&catalogId=15051&langId=111&q=3DS&authToken=372701585%252CbC4y26An7i6LG1JXp36KQcyPeG8%253D

tbahh wrote: »

ERG89 wrote: »

Home delivery IS free for registered account holders, like I said. I should know, I bought it myself. Just the game on its own.

Home delivery IS free for registered account holders, like I said. I should know, I bought it myself. Just the game on its own.

This wasn't the case earlier. I had logged into my account and the delivery fee was coming up at 6.99 for this game.

This was also the same a few days ago as I was looking up another item; I had logged in as well to verify.

As ERG89 had posted earlier, it was free delivery over €25. I put two Robot League copies in my basket as my example and delivery was free then.

This has since changed and now it's back to being free again for registered account holders. I have no doubt someone from Smyths keeps an eye on this page.

Thanks again for posting the deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Thanks for that :(
    It's getting harder to budget with all these sales and discount physical editions...
    I wasn't going to buy rocket league, but sucked in...
    I am going to get bulletstorm: Duke of switch edition too. Only heard good things, and it's still on sale (mexico cheapest @ €9.78, and apparently possible to buy from)

Out of curiosity - forgetting work, and life chores, how does everyone find the time to play these!!?? I feel like I spend more time buying the games than playing them :o
    I have a list of games that I have bought, I can't even remember when or why I bought them, or for how much, let alone played them. I really need to up my switch time and start playing through this list..

• Advertisement
Advertisement