Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo games/consoles even more bargain alerts thread

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I have noticed a few things on sale just now:
    Stikbold Deluxe is 55% off (£6.07) , and I'm going to pick it up as the demo showed it to be fun in single player (and likely more fun in local/couch multiplayer)
    What The Golf? is 25% off (£13.50) although it does not have a demo. Looks like a lot of fun and again, worth picking up if you want local multiplayer.
    Brawlout is 75% off (£4.49) and has a demo that persuaded me to buy it. It's basically "indie Smash Bros" - I like the idea of Smash Bros but only really for single player so it's not really worth the cost to me, whereas a fiver for a similar game with a different roster works just fine.

I also noticed a party game called Heave ho that is 50% (£4.49) and looks like it might be fun (though the trailer feels like it's trying far too hard to show that the people playing it are having fun). The art style reminds me of Piku Niku which is also not a bad thing. Anyone played it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,540 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Played Heave-Ho a few months ago with my GF. We thought it was too hard with just 2 players.
    I think you need at least 3 or 4 players to get the most out of it.

I watched some reviews of Spiritfarer. It's a 2D platformer about a girl who has to help spirits find peace and ferry them off to the afterlife.
    There are no mainstream reviews yet, but there are some glowing YouTube reviews if you want to check it out.
    It's a sandbox game with crafting, fishing, cooking, 2D platforming, exploration, lovely writing, upgrades, secrets and stunning graphics and music.
    No enemies to kill, no timers - just play at your own pace.
    I think that unless you have a heart of stone, you'll cry more than once too.
    I think this will scratch the animal crossing itch (now that I'm finished with that game... for now!)

I'll link the trailer below.

The price put me off a bit (€24.99), but I checked around and it's just under €6 in Mother Russia.
    For a 20+ hour relaxing game, that's a crazy bargain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,946 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Amazon summer Sale is on and they have physical copies of BioShock and Borderlands collections for £49.99 (still needs a big download). Free delivery if you are with prime.

That's a lot if game for the money.

Both for £49.99 together, or £49.99 each?

Each game is €42.99 everywhere else...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Mr E wrote:

£49.99 for both. Saving about £6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,400 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Mr E wrote: »

They seem to be £28 individually. Not sure about the £50 combined.

I tried Bioshock a few times on Xbox and never got into it. Wonder if it's worth trying again on the Switch. Anyone who played them have some thoughts?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Borderlands-Legendary-Collection-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B086FC776J/
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/BioShock-The-Collection-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B086FC6MBW/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

You need to click the blue box for summer sale and filter by switch.

They are great games...but I'm trying to justify buying them yet again... To sit in my not started switch pile

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,946 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Mr E wrote: »

HAd to wait to get on the PC to post the link. £49.99 for both. I have both already I think I paid £36 each for them.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08FKJPVLS?pf_rd_r=AC49T01DT5TN5T832WCS&pf_rd_p=e632fea2-678f-4848-9a97-bcecda59cb4e

I've played through Bioshock one already, it plays well on the Switch. It is an older game so can be clunky but that's not the consoles fault. I'm about half way through 2 and that plays really good. I've not started Borderlands but from all accounts they are good ports.

Yeah I'm about 10 hours into Borderlands 1 and it's a great port.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,202 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Huge downloads involved with both games

Borderlands is on the cart and you get a single use code for Borderlands 2 and Pre Sequel in the box very large downloads involved for both games

Bioshock it seems like all three games are on the cart with a patch/download of 60gb+ involved

I think Borderlands is still a chunky download (even though most of it is on the cart)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭skerry

Anyone here played Sinking City, its 80% off on the Eshop at the moment. Also tempted by Terraria for some reason but its only 30% off.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Looks good for €10 definitely not worth €50

Apparently it's been pulled from Xbox and PSN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭skerry

Looks good for €10 definitely not worth €50

Apparently it's been pulled from Xbox and PSN

Might be worth a punt at that price. Think eshop is only shop you can get it on now. Pulled from other stores cos their having hassle with the publisher I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,400 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Grey Switch available on Amazon for £259 (€290ish) at the moment. Not in stock but can be ordered and available from 11/09/2020.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07W6HNZNW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_lkvtFbPFNR8BQ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Super Mario Maker 2 is on amazon Spain for €35 or €40 delivered
    https://www.amazon.es/dp/B07NQPGQW8

Shipping is €5, and i think goes up to €8 for any extra items.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Darksiders Genesis for Switch from Base £18.85 + £2.69 post to Ireland.

They seemed to have put Ireland in a slightly higher priced zone lately but still decent deal.

https://www.base.com/buy/product/darksiders-genesis-nintendo-switch/dgc-darksdgenns.htm?1=1&awc=2694_1599348132_db1411ed1056e8de229872f7aa278e3e

Anybody have Prime on Amazon know why some items, particularly games I've noticed, don't ship to Ireland even having Prime?

Mario 3D All Stars not shipping to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

Corholio wrote: »
    Mario 3D All Stars not shipping to Ireland.

I questioned their support about this and was told that it's due to limited stock. They said that customers from Ireland can't pre-order, but will be able to purchase once the release date comes (so they're prioritising UK residents).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

skerry wrote: »
    Anyone here played Sinking City, its 80% off on the Eshop at the moment. Also tempted by Terraria for some reason but its only 30% off.

My son, being a massive Lovecraft fan, is playing this and is enjoying it.
    But, it does feel like a janky PC game from ten years ago.

Joy-cons €75 in pc world in jervis

Joy-cons €75 in pc world in jervis
    They were down to £35 last weekend on amazon. I was too late, when I went to purchase them they had gone back up. But €75 seems around the normal price i think.

https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/product/B01N5OORGV

Suckit wrote: »
    They were down to £35 last weekend on amazon. I was too late, when I went to purchase them they had gone back up. But €75 seems around the normal price i think.

https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/product/B01N5OORGV

They're €85 or higher normally

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/gaming-accessories/nintendo-switch-accessories/nintendo-switch-joy-con-pair-green-pink/p/160666

https://www.gamestop.ie/Switch/Games/73368/nintendo-switch-purple-orange-joy-con-controllers

Pricing errors on Amazon aren't bargains really especially when they last 30 seconds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭jj880

Nintendo joy cons are a plague - I've gone through 3 sticks so far repairing them. Had to get a set of controllers for my son to keep him off the joycons when the Switch is docked.

A lot more sellers seem to be offering controllers shipped from Europe. VAT and customs handling charges are gona be charged for everything from outside the EU from 1st July 2021. Good news for us as goods will arrive sooner. E.G. pair of controllers shipping from Belgium for under 27 euro:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001338681425.html

Pricing errors on Amazon aren't bargains really especially when they last 30 seconds
    That lasted the friday and saturday, loads got them on hukd.

I didn't see it until Sunday. :(
    I didn't know the normal price, but knew that was cheap.
    Blue and yellow were on ebay for €55.
    I know nintendo stuff is pricey, but €75 seems like crazy money for those imho. The normal prices are insane unless a lifetime warranty comes with them, imo.

They've started to repair them in the US if the drift happens I've two switches and needed a replacement for my right joy-con so paid €46 in cex traded a load of cheap 3ds games to get it but even pre-owned the price is insane I might grab a set in PC World just in case Dublin area goes into lockdown

I have seen them with games in bundles for €85 from Germany or France, I will keep an eye out. Lockdown pair might be essential :)

Due to the release of the DLC "forgotten Crypts" from the game Mana Spark, its developer Qubic's Games is giving away Mana Sparks free if you have one of the games on the list - Blazing Beaks, Dex, HyperParasite, Rimelands: Hammer of Thor, Tharsis, Warlocks 2: God Slayers or Roobonauts.
    https://qubicgames.com/RPGWeek/

Once you have Mana Sparks, you can access this promo
    Ioj6PpA.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Suckit wrote: »
    Due to the release of the DLC "forgotten Crypts" from the game Mana Spark, its developer Qubic's Games is giving away Mana Sparks free if you have one of the games on the list - Blazing Beaks, Dex, HyperParasite, Rimelands: Hammer of Thor, Tharsis, Warlocks 2: God Slayers or Roobonauts.
    https://qubicgames.com/RPGWeek/

Once you have Mana Sparks, you can access this promo
    Ioj6PpA.jpg

Having claimed a bunch of Qubic Games titles in the past, most have had a really strong bang of "perfunctory port of so-so mobile game" IMO and I can't think of any I'd speak highly of (I thought Koloro was the best of the bunch, then it turned out to have some crappy boss fights that were clunky and annoying so I bailed on it).

Is Mana Spark worth playing in its own right (e.g. at full price would it feel worth it?) I don't know any of the titles in the discount offer - are any of them any good?

Few NIS games reduced significantly on eshop

LapisxLabyrinth down to €9.99 is the one that caught my eye looks fun

Fysh wrote: »
    Having claimed a bunch of Qubic Games titles in the past, most have had a really strong bang of "perfunctory port of so-so mobile game" IMO and I can't think of any I'd speak highly of (I thought Koloro was the best of the bunch, then it turned out to have some crappy boss fights that were clunky and annoying so I bailed on it).

Is Mana Spark worth playing in its own right (e.g. at full price would it feel worth it?) I don't know any of the titles in the discount offer - are any of them any good?

Mana Spark is 90% off at the mo on eshop. Going for 1 euro. Not my cup of tea but if you like RPG action then I think you can't go wrong at that price. The aiming took me a while to get used to. Imo worth 1 euro. Wouldn't pay 10 euro for it tho.

As for Cubix games they are very hit and miss but usually very cheap or free so cant complain really. I enjoyed #RaceDieRun and Wreckin' Ball Adventure. I like racing and puzzle games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭itsa_me_mario

Cheap switch pro controller. Less than 10 stg with discount. Loads of fake 5 star reviews, but still ...maybe ok ... probably a lot of real reviews too.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08BRV7MKF

Hmmm, there is an additional 45% discount voucher check box. But it's not doing anything for me now ..

Gone. Just 15% off now..16.99 stg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

The boy broke his 2DS XL Minecraft edition :mad:. Have to look out for any bargains on a new one from here to xmas - anyone seen any good deals on them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch is c.€12 on the USA Store. Seems to get good reviews.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,400 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

The boy broke his 2DS XL Minecraft edition :mad:. Have to look out for any bargains on a new one from here to xmas - anyone seen any good deals on them?

New kids or new 2DS?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

TitianGerm wrote: »
    New kids or new 2DS?

i definitely dont need new kids, i already have too many :pac:

Doodah7 wrote: »
    Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch is c.€12 on the USA Store. Seems to get good reviews.

That's a damn good bargain I really hope it gets reduced on Eshop here on Thursday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Pretty sure the 2DS XL has been discontinued, you'll probably have to go 2nd hand.

• Advertisement

Pretty sure the 2DS XL has been discontinued, you'll probably have to go 2nd hand.
    They are on sale in Europe all the time brand new for less than €80 delivered, but not the minecraft edition.
    Can you change the shell on them?#
    I don't know what the prices are supposed to be, but I know that they drop that low on sale (quite often).

Neverout 3D rotating room puzzle game. Down from 7.50 to 1.00 euro. Good game and challenge for the price.

Of all the crap VR modes added to games on Switch (VR Mario Odyssey and VR Zelda are rubbish) - I think a game like this would be really good for Nintendo VR.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,917 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

jj880 wrote: »
    Neverout 3D rotating room puzzle game. Down from 7.50 to 1.00 euro. Good game and challenge for the price.

Of all the crap VR modes added to games on Switch (VR Mario Odyssey and VR Zelda are rubbish) - I think a game like this would be really good for Nintendo VR.

yeah I have it on my Oculus Go and it works great with that since it's limited to 3DoF similar to the Labo VR.

Are many new apps being created for the Labo VR or was that just a passing fad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,325 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

At first I was thinking "Cube the game"

mrcheez wrote: »
    yeah I have it on my Oculus Go and it works great with that since it's limited to 3DoF similar to the Labo VR.

Are many new apps being created for the Labo VR or was that just a passing fad?

Haven't seen anything since the VR Labo came out.

Surely it cant be hard to add a VR mode to a game like this. Especially since the controls are simple and theres no clutter on screen. Seems perfect for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,917 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

jj880 wrote: »
    Haven't seen anything since the VR Labo came out.

Surely it cant be hard to add a VR mode to a game like this. Especially since the controls are simple and theres no clutter on screen. Seems perfect for it.

well, like, there is a VR mode similar to how Five Night at Freddies is also natively a VR game. It's in the game code, but they probably just don't have it enabled.

also here's the thing that's REALLY going to kill you: Alien Isolation has VR code in it from the ground up.

It is literally a 200kb dll to unlock it when playing on PC, but the PS4 (and I'm sure Switch) versions have this as well, they just don't have it turned on.

A game called Journey of the Broken Circle is free this weekend if you own any of these games.

Lydia
    EQQO
    Soul Searching
    Infini

I think most people do. :)

7/10 review on Nintendo World Report so it's decent.

€15.99 for Ys Origins on eshop it's a pre-order discount price until October 1

• Advertisement

Advertisement