Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo games/consoles even more bargain alerts thread

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Great game , very different. Well worth getting! Difficult is the only thing, but the satisfaction from figuring stuff out is great

It is incredible but I am a tad too thick to get very far...
    Currently there's a Kraken causing chaos on deck and some truly unfortunate and eye-watering things happening to the crew but I couldn't manage to progress, and didn't want to go the walkthrough way...
    Might have to, get things moving along once again.

The art style though, simply inspired!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,338 ✭✭✭fixXxer

skerry wrote: »
    Return of the Obra Dinn is 50% off on the eshop for the next couple of days. First time it's been discounted. Looks interesting

I was gonna play Dragon Quest after finishing my second Fire Emblem play through, but maybe I'll get that instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭skerry

fixXxer wrote: »
    I was gonna play Dragon Quest after finishing my second Fire Emblem play through, but maybe I'll get that instead.

Only on sale until the 18th I think. Picked it up last night cos I tend to assume they all go on sale for 2 weeks and I'll end up forgetting.

Must get back to my second play through of Fire Emblem myself, love that game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,540 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

€9.99 here, but R130 (€6.67) in South Africa.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Mr E wrote: »
    €9.99 here, but R130 (€6.67) in South Africa.

I was going to "invest" in the Switch ports of the DQ games from the Famicom/SFC era but, instead, bought the set from Aliexpress.
    While they are reproductions, they are the SFC versions with the translations applied, so they work perfectly on my Snes.
    It just feels a little more authentic...

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Brand Max in Charlestown had the Retron hd for €12 720p NES games very quasi Nintendo bargain there were two up in the toy section

Brand Max in Charlestown had the Retron hd for €12 720p NES games very quasi Nintendo bargain there were two up in the toy section

I was just sticking the one I bought last year into a shoe box as storage!
    Nice little machine for playing your NES games, good idea to get a multi cart from the nice gang on AliExpress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭brevity

Tempted by that ghostbusters game (good review here: https://youtu.be/uuNb1KmkkUg

I just bought the obra din game though and I have quite the backlog...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

I'd highly recommend getting Ghostbusters. Great game and a proper sequel to GB I & II

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,400 ✭✭✭xckjoo

brevity wrote: »
    Tempted by that ghostbusters game (good review here: https://youtu.be/uuNb1KmkkUg

I just bought the obra din game though and I have quite the backlog...

It's a great game. Got it on the Xbox when it first came out and thinking about getting it again now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭brevity

Fine. I’ll get it so...

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Hallaz

First order on a "kids wish list" looks to allow 15% off certain goods.

The kids wish lists goods includes nintendo switches and some games, accessories

https://www.amazon.co.uk/b?ie=UTF8&node=22081309031

edit: to add I had issue getting the code to work but amazon after contacting them on webchat said they will give the 15% back after goods received

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Hallaz wrote: »

The kids wish lists goods includes nintendo switches and some games, accessories

edit: to add I had issue getting the code to work but amazon after contacting them on webchat said they will give the 15% back after goods received

Thanks for that saved €45 on a Switch there now with that tip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭quad_red

Thanks for that saved €45 on a Switch there now with that tip

When did you set it up? Couldn’t get it working but support said they couldn’t even look at until the 24 hours had passed since I created the list (which is in the t&cs tbf).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭cullenswood

quad_red wrote: »
    When did you set it up? Couldn’t get it working but support said they couldn’t even look at until the 24 hours had passed since I created the list (which is in the t&cs tbf).

Set it up Saturday I think, didn't get an email but the code worked today.

• Advertisement

Worked fine there - can’t complain about a neon switch, two extra (official) joycons, Mario party and Mario kart for €416.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Hallaz

quad_red wrote: »
    Worked fine there - can’t complain about a neon switch, two extra (official) joycons, Mario party and Mario kart for €416.

Yes, it's as good a saving as one can make at this time for Nintendo goods.
    No stress waiting on parcel to arrive before Christmas after Black Friday purchase (if even any deals)

Problem is i'm nearly persuading the kids to ditch their present ideas and get both mario/luigi kart live cars!

SanDisk microSDXC UHS-I card for Nintendo 128GB - Nintendo licensed Product, Red

Reduced from £40.99 to £17.99.

SanDisk microSDXC UHS-I card for Nintendo 128GB - Nintendo licensed Product, Red https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07KXQX3S3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_rtUJFbCBBNAC0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,917 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Hallaz wrote: »

Didn't get the email either, but the code KWL15 appears to be working for me now after signing up yesterday.

Got the Game & Watch: Super Mario Bros with extra 15% off. Nice! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe, Mario Tennis Aces and Super Mario Party all reduced to €39.99 on the eShop now.

• Advertisement

Miserable barstewards 20% off Out Worlds on eshop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Miserable barstewards 20% off Out Worlds on eshop

Brings it down to 30 in Russia though, which is closer to 50% off.

I've not seen an in depth patch review yet so will wait until I see how this plays with the patch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

Got wrc8 delux for 18 yoyos download.....give it a spin later ......*ba dum tisssss*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭baldshin

chrislad wrote: »
    Brings it down to 30 in Russia though, which is closer to 50% off.

I've not seen an in depth patch review yet so will wait until I see how this plays with the patch.

£23 physical on Amazon, worth a punt!

Outer Worlds patch improves graphical features (some more detail and objects, less blur) but some increased pop-in in areas due to it, controls feel more responsive but sadly no noticeable improvement on framerate apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,947 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

The game is great, I was holding off playing more until it got the switch release. Held off on that as it was expensive but now for that price on Amazon and the patch it's a bargain.

The game is great, I was holding off playing more until it got the switch release. Held off on that as it was expensive but now for that price on Amazon and the patch it's a bargain.

I have it on the PS4 and only Cidonalad has played it.
    I don't think I'll buy it again unless it gets very cheap indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

After that video, I’ll skip. Looks poor and I’d rather play on a different console or PC eventually.

Nicked from HotDealsUK.
    The bolded games are ones that I own and are great.
    If I could recommend one, Mechstermination Force for €2.39 is fantastic value and a brilliant game.

Below games with MetaScore of 70 or more and at historical or matching historical low prices
    Super Punch Patrol -10% £4.49 £4.04
    Lonely Mountains: Downhill -25% £17.99 £13.49
    Piczle Cross Adventure -10% £8.99 £8.09
    STORY OF SEASONS: Friends of Mineral Town -20% £42.99 £34.39
    The Next Penelope -75% £10.99 £2.74
    Bury me, my Love -80% £4.49 £0.89
    Super Mario Party -33% £49.99 £33.29
    Bad North -50% £13.49 £6.74
    Mario Tennis Aces -33% £49.99 £33.29
    New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe -33% £49.99 £33.29
    Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Deluxier Edition -60% £13.49 £5.39
    Bulb Boy -75% £7.19 £1.79
    Dandara: Trials of Fear Edition -60% £13.49 £5.39
    NeuroVoider -57% £12.99 £5.56
    Splasher -70% £12.99 £3.89

Transcripted -81% £6.99 £1.30
    A Normal Lost Phone -50% £5.49 £2.74
    Uurnog Uurnlimited -80% £8.99 £1.79
    Little Triangle -54% £11.69 £5.35
    Bombslinger -58% £10.79 £4.50
    Super Chariot -90% £13.40 £1.34
    Steredenn: Binary Stars -62% £11.99 £4.60
    Super Rocket Shootout -80% £8.99 £1.79
    Out There: Ω The Alliance -50% £11.69 £5.84
    Yono and the Celestial Elephants -60% £17.99 £7.19
    Mechstermination Force -80% £10.99 £2.19
    Syberia -67% £13.40 £4.40
    Old School Musical -50% £11.69 £5.84
    Dead in Vinland - True Viking edition -33% £24.99 £16.65
    PictoQuest -40% £8.99 £5.39
    Pato Box -70% £13.49 £4.04
    Layers of Fear: Legacy -80% £17.99 £3.59
    Observer -70% £26.99 £8.09
    Kingdom: New Lands -80% £13.49 £2.69

Some more games with slightly lower metascore, but historical low prices
    Nullum -30% £1.79 £1.25
    Super Punch Patrol -10% £4.49 £4.04
    West of Dead -30% £17.99 £12.59
    Aery - Little Bird Adventure -43% £6.99 £3.98
    WWE 2K Battlegrounds Digital Deluxe Edition -30% £44.99 £31.49
    WWE 2K Battlegrounds -25% £34.99 £26.24
    Polandball: Can Into Space -25% £2.69 £2.01
    They Breathe -33% £3.59 £2.40
    Creaks -25% £17.99 £13.49
    Lonely Mountains: Downhill -25% £17.99 £13.49
    Elden: Path of the Forgotten -35% £14.99 £9.74
    Jigsaw Masterpieces – Cute Lovely Dogs -20% £2.29 £1.83
    Jigsaw Masterpieces – Masterpieces of World - Baroque - -20% £2.29 £1.83
    Old School Musical Bundle -50% £11.69 £5.84
    Night Call -30% £17.99 £12.59
    Piczle Cross Adventure -10% £8.99 £8.09
    Indie Gems Bundle - Nonograms edition -20% £14.99 £11.99
    Lost Artifacts: Time Machine -60% £7.89 £3.15
    Poopdie - Chapter One -33% £4.49 £3.00
    Atomicrops -30% £13.49 £9.44
    Bad North Portraits Pack -30% £2.50 £1.75
    Another Lost Phone: Laura's Story -50% £5.39 £2.69
    Stellar Interface -92% £12.99 £0.99
    White Night -80% £13.49 £2.69
    DragoDino -50% £8.99 £4.49
    Mosaic -30% £15.99 £11.19
    Skelittle: A Giant Party! -33% £8.99 £5.99
    Lethis - Path of Progress -25% £17.99 £13.49
    Rain City -41% £5.96 £3.50
    Dungeon Rushers -80% £13.49 £2.69
    Isoland 2 - Ashes of Time -30% £2.75 £1.92
    Panda Hero -34% £12.99 £8.57
    Pankapu -75% £10.99 £2.74
    Starman -86% £7.19 £0.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Trying to decide between Outer Worlds on Switch from Amazon or get the PS4 version for about the same price on some sites.

Handheld is handy but it is compromised technically. Amy thoughts?

• Advertisement

the pop-in, loading while moving around and sub 30 framerate in combat would distract from the experience imo

go ps4. it's the better option seeing as you have the option...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

PS4 version all day long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

May as well go for PS4 so. Thanks for the opinions.

Not sure if it is still on sale on the eShop but Return from the Obra Dinn is an interesting game, just played about an hour of it.

Re outer worlds: I prefer the switch as I can get more time on that. If I had a choice (didn't get grief for slinking off into the games room) I'd prob stick to the Xbox version I have.

But while playing it on Xbox one x it had frame rate issues, pop in textures and loads of other issues but you don't buy their games for the performance. Fallout was a disaster too on that front too.

And all the time I just wanted to stop playing so I could play on Switch.

Wrc 8 decent game hard but very playable ....keeps crashing tho will try a redownload next week or something

Vego wrote: »
    Wrc 8 decent game hard but very playable ....keeps crashing tho will try a redownload next week or something

Same here everytime I finish a race it shuts down !

Same here everytime I finish a race it shuts down !

Yes !!! Thought it was just me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,944 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Ni No Kuni around €7 on South African store. Or you can pay €60 on the Irish one up to you :pac:

It's €9.99 on the Irish store now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,944 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Ah eshop-prices.com not up to date yet

5.7 Gig on my mobile broadband connection it will be downloaded by Friday

It's €9.99 on the Irish store now

Thanks, just bought it.
    I had already bought it from the Japanese eShop in a similar sale but found it didn't have an English language option, bugger.

Got it for about €7 in South Africa. Looking forward to starting it later.

Got it for about €7 in South Africa. Looking forward to starting it later.

I'm looking forward to starting it again, having already started it the first time on the PS3 before realizing that I intensely dislike turn based battle systems which is why...
    Bugger...
    I've bought it again, haven't I?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Hey_Listen

Nicked from HotDealsUK.
    The bolded games are ones that I own and are great.
    If I could recommend one, Mechstermination Force for €2.39 is fantastic value and a brilliant game.

Must get Mechstermination Force. Same dev did Gunman Clive and that collection was the best couple if quid I've spent on the Switch when it was on sale. The guy gets playability. And the music is AAA Nintendo quality.

• Advertisement

Bloodroots is only €1.59 until end today the 28th (90% off)

You could describe it to be in the mould of Hotline Miami. Only came out earlier this year.
    Well worth that money even if the controls can be tricky in certain situations of the game
    Still a good one to dip in and out of for short periods just to clear one level or two as there is instant restart after death.
    If you like Ape Out or Hotline Miami it's well worth a shot for the price of a bar of chocolate!

https://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/bloodroots

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

Boo amiibo back in stock on Nintendo store,did try to order with parcel motel but not letting me anymore anyone else have this problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭skerry

Hades is 20% off this week. I've heard good things, tempted to pick it up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

glasso wrote: »
    Bloodroots is only €1.59 until end today the 28th (90% off)

You could describe it to be in the mould of Hotline Miami. Only came out earlier this year.
    Well worth that money even if the controls can be tricky in certain situations of the game
    Still a good one to dip in and out of for short periods just to clear one level or two as there is instant restart after death.
    If you like Ape Out or Hotline Miami it's well worth a shot for the price of a bar of chocolate!

https://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/bloodroots

Bought it, and it seems like a decent game, I like the look and way it plays so far, but I didn't really have a long shot at it as I had to go out, I should have waited until the weekend. But does it have longish loading times between acts? Nothing unbearable, just seemed a bit long (I didn't load many so not sure).
    Also.. Is this game animated by the same people that used to/still make Samurai Jack? I haven't seen it in probably almost 20 years, but it seems very similar to the way I remember it, especially some of the close up scenes.

Amnesia: Collection is €5.59 in Ireland or €4.57 in Russia
    STAR WARS Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast is €4.49 in Ireland or €3.66 in Russia
    They both look decent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,289 ✭✭✭jj880

https://www.dekudeals.com/items/yokus-island-express

Yokus Island Express.
    75% off. 4.99 euro.

• Advertisement
Advertisement