Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo games/consoles even more bargain alerts thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Looks like Oddworld Strangers Wrath and Munch's Odyssey are getting a big discount they should both be €9.99 each by tomorrow on the eshop
    This is reduced now on the eshop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

My Game Watch thing just shipped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,917 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

RasTa wrote: »
    My Game Watch thing just shipped.

from where?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

mrcheez wrote: »
    from where?

UK, ordered off the official site.

RasTa wrote: »
    UK, ordered off the official site.

Ah, still awaiting 13th Nov for mine to be dispatched from Amazon UK

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just got a shipping notice for my G&W... coming in via Parcel Motel so there will be a bit of delay, but I am looking forward to this one.
    Pity they didn't stick SMB2 and especially SMB3 on there was well, SMB3 is amazing.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Just got a shipping notice for my G&W... coming in via Parcel Motel so there will be a bit of delay, but I am looking forward to this one.
    Pity they didn't stick SMB2 and especially SMB3 on there was well, SMB3 is amazing.

I'm crossing my fingers for some sort of hakchi for this.

If I can get Batman on it I'm more than satisfied!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm crossing my fingers for some sort of hakchi for this.

If I can get Batman on it I'm more than satisfied!

Looking at the atypical menu structure I'm not holding out too much hope.

532638.jpg

Then again, every mini console so far has been successfully been hacked and new games added.
    If there is a way, they will find it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Have it on other systems so don't know the quality of the switch port but Abzu is €2 on the eshop for the next week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Looking at the atypical menu structure I'm not holding out too much hope.

Then again, every mini console so far has been successfully been hacked and new games added.
    If there is a way, they will find it!

There is probably a port somewhere inside for testing purposes, that'll be the way in.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

ERG89 wrote: »
    Have it on other systems so don't know the quality of the switch port but Abzu is €2 on the eshop for the next week

I keep meaning to look at this, I adore Abzu on Steam and if it runs at all well on Switch I'm happy to double-dip. Metacritic looks pretty good - 80 on reviews, 7.8 user score. The video here suggests the graphics hold up well, so I may take a punt on it over the weekend, I could do with an excuse to play something relaxing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭WhenPigsCry

Aldi look to have a great deal on its website in the UK for Black Friday, Switch for £230, which is about €256.

Don't know if they'll have a deal here, but could be worth trying to order through Parcel Motel if you're in the market for one this Xmas.

https://www.independent.co.uk/extras/indybest/black-friday/aldi-black-friday-sale-nintendo-switch-airpods-b1721643.html

Edit: The Mirror reported it but the page they linked to on Aldi's site is missing, so maybe take this as tbc
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/shopping-deals/aldi-announce-black-friday-deals-22995070

Lidl had the digital Xbox one last year for £99 In the UK don't think there were any here

Just got notification that the G&W has shipped from Amazon... arriving tomorrow :eek:!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Just got notification that the G&W has shipped from Amazon... arriving tomorrow :eek:!

Yep. Amazon have beefed up their next day delivery for Ireland. Have received a few things in the last two weeks that were delivered the day after order.

They appear to be in stock on Smyths website too for 1-3 day delivery... slim chance you might get it tomorrow if you order tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Nothing from Amazon on mine :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭dan786

Not sure if mentioned but Aldi UK are selling switch for £229 for Black Friday - could have similar deals here. Its the lowest they have gone to since release.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭barryribs

If their stock is similar to their specials for the last year it'll work out at about 1 for every three stores.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Yep. Amazon have beefed up their next day delivery for Ireland. Have received a few things in the last two weeks that were delivered the day after order.

I'm seeing the opposite - I'm prime and I ordered stuff in the last couple of weeks and it's about 5 days before they are even shipped.....

And still no shipping notice for my Mario 35 Handheld :(

deadl0ck wrote: »
    I'm seeing the opposite - I'm prime and I ordered stuff in the last couple of weeks and it's about 5 days before they are even shipped.....

Weird.. it might be because I'm on a business account?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

dan786 wrote: »
    Not sure if mentioned but Aldi UK are selling switch for £229 for Black Friday - could have similar deals here. Its the lowest they have gone to since release.

Five or so posts up: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115270121&postcount=2456
    I'm skeptical it will make it to our shores, but worth keeping an eye.

I'm raging I didn't pull the trigger when Prime Day had the switch and ring fit adventure for £315GBP. Monitoring closely over the coming weeks...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Nice one, grabbed that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

deadl0ck wrote: »

I'm the same. I'm back to non-prime shipping times. I have a package ordered on 27h October, shipped 1st, due 4th, still hasn't arrived.

I have 3 orders that were placed in the last week, nothing has shipped. All were 'prime' items.

I know we're in a difficult time, and I'm not annoyed over it, I'm just saying that I too am experienced considerable delays for my Irish post, yet if I use Parcel Motel, it's normally delivered next day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Nice one, grabbed that!

Same its been on sale a few times on PSN but feel like it would be perfect for the switch, does anyone know did the fix the performance issues with the switch version?

G&W arrived... the box is fricking tiny! About the size of a large phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Same its been on sale a few times on PSN but feel like it would be perfect for the switch, does anyone know did the fix the performance issues with the switch version?

From what I had read, it seems to have improved dramatically. I had a tenner voucher so I said I'd take a punt. I'll just return it if it's not great, but I do love me a good Metroidvania, and I've not really had a good one since Ori and Hollow Knight, and I was very disappointed in the launch of this with the issues.

• Advertisement

G&W arrived... the box is fricking tiny! About the size of a large phone

Charging away now, but had a quick blast and it's surprisingly playable with these big ol' mitts of mine, considering the size of the thing. Feels fine in the hand and controls/buttons work nicely.

Screen is gorgeous with lots of brightness and no screen tearing.

Sound is also very good.

The clock is handy, though I just wish it had a built-in stand like the original Super Mario G&W.
    Hopefully a 3rd party case/screen protector arrives on the market that can be converted into a stand.

Looking forward to the inevitable Zelda release next year :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Yep a couple of big patches really sorted it out and it runs really well on the Switch now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

ABZÛ is on sale for €1.99 or €1.42 in South Africa
    This War of Mine: Complete Edition is €9.99 or €6.52 in Russia
    Tennis Open 2020 is €0.99 or €0.81 in Russia

Super Mario 3d All-Stars £39.99

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08HF8KKT6

Thinking of going for that.. good deal yeah?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭tbahh

Super Mario 3d All-Stars £39.99

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08HF8KKT6

Thinking of going for that.. good deal yeah?

I'd say it would work out €45ish conversion wise. It's 48.39 at the moment in Argos if you want it faster!

tbahh wrote: »
    I'd say it would work out €45ish conversion wise. It's 48.39 at the moment in Argos if you want it faster!

Is the game good though? GF loves Mario, hasn't played it since SNES days. We are getting a Switch for Christmas, and I'm trying to decide what game to get her!

• Advertisement

GrumPy wrote: »
    Is the game good though? GF loves Mario, hasn't played it since SNES days. We are getting a Switch for Christmas, and I'm trying to decide what game to get her!

yeah I'd say that's ideal... 3 excellent Mario games.. what could go wrong... although you could also grab a Game & Watch Super Mario in Smyths

I have one and it's a real beauty... old NES Mario, but plays very well and looks great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭tbahh

If she hasn't played it since the SNES days, then it might be better looking at something like New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe since it would be more similar to NES/SNES Mario games.

Super Mario 3D All-Stars is... okay. There is a thread on here about it, where some heated debates have arisen, especially over the controls, camera and content.

I'd go for Super Mario Odyssey. It's the only Mario platformer game actually built for the Switch hardware - the ones above were created for previous Nintendo consoles. It looks great, even three years on and plenty of things to see and collect.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Honestly, I am glad I bought 3D All-Stars because I liked the games first time around. If she hasn't played those games before, it's hard to say whether she'll love 64 and Sunshine or bounce right off them. She'll likely love Galaxy, but for the same money Odyssey seems a better bet IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Buy Mario Maker 2. Its the best Mario game on Switch imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Hey_Listen

Odyssey for 3d mario, u deluxe for 2d mario, mario maker if you think you'd make your own levels, switch online for all the old mario 2d games. Super Mario 3d all stars for galaxy.

I'd start with Odyssey. The best Switch game bar breath of the wild. Prepare for a ridiculously good time.

• Advertisement

Mario Galaxy is still an astounding game, it's almost worth the price of the trilogy to have it.
    While it's still great it would have ascended to Odyssey levels of greatness if it had of had a root and branch revision of it's camera and control scheme, but that's mostly the case with Sunshine and the other two are still a class act

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,540 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

If you own Urban Flow or Paratopic, you can download a new game called S.N.I.P.E.R. - Hunter Scope for free (eshop price €14.99)

Hunter Scope is like a virtua cop arcade rails shooter.

I had Urban Flow, but I noticed Urban Flow is on sale now for about €4.50. It's a great puzzle game that has an 80% rating on Metacritic.
    Paratopic is a decent horror game (also on sale), but it's only 30-60 minutes long.

Some trailers:

Hey_Listen wrote: »
    Odyssey for 3d mario, u deluxe for 2d mario, mario maker if you think you'd make your own levels, switch online for all the old mario 2d games. Super Mario 3d all stars for galaxy.

I'd start with Odyssey. The best Switch game bar breath of the wild. Prepare for a ridiculously good time.

I'll grab Odyssey so! Lots of recommendations for it.
    Is this a good deal?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07BMCXJFV/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_4?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Gamestop have the 1.1 Switch for €299. In stock for online delivery.

Argos has a few interesting games reduced peek for me is Doraemon Story of Seasons can't see price think it's around €25

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Doodah7 wrote: »
    Gamestop have the 1.1 Switch for €299. In stock for online delivery.

Is this the newer one with the better battery? Ive been searching for the best deal for the switch console and so far this seems to be the best price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,372 ✭✭✭bladespin

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Is this the newer one with the better battery? Ive been searching for the best deal for the switch console and so far this seems to be the best price.

Same, really hoping there's some sort of BF deal going.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Aldi look to have a great deal on its website in the UK for Black Friday, Switch for £230, which is about €256.

Don't know if they'll have a deal here, but could be worth trying to order through Parcel Motel if you're in the market for one this Xmas.

https://www.independent.co.uk/extras/indybest/black-friday/aldi-black-friday-sale-nintendo-switch-airpods-b1721643.html

Edit: The Mirror reported it but the page they linked to on Aldi's site is missing, so maybe take this as tbc
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/shopping-deals/aldi-announce-black-friday-deals-22995070

Aldi Ireland confirmed to me that they wont have these offers. Ive created an account with Aldi UK and it seems they only deliver to mainland UK so it will have to be addresspal rather than Parcelmotel for those looking to try and purchase

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Aquos76 wrote: »

Apparently so:

https://www.gamestop.ie/Switch/Games/73274/nintendo-switch-1-1-red-blue-console

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,372 ✭✭✭bladespin

Doodah7 wrote: »

Just pulled the trigger on that, don't think they'll be discounted much more, hope so but doubt it.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Advertisement
Advertisement