Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo games/consoles even more bargain alerts thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Weird one, as it may not appeal to anyone here (or may appeal to collectors... I've no idea :o )
    This is currently reduced to €29.99 for Black Friday week (normally €35.99).
    https://remute.bandcamp.com/album/the-cult-of-remute
    The techno album "The Cult of Remute" by the Hamburg DJ Remute is, according to its creator, the first that is only available on a Super Nintendo game module. Not only is the album on the module, but it also has a player interface. The songs are played by the SNES sound chip Sony SPC-700; MP3. Other media formats are not included.

As Remute explains to The Verge , he first built the songs in a mod tracker and then converted them to SPC format . The music module runs on PAL and NTSC-SNES as well as Japanese Famicoms. You can order the album as a module on Remutes Bandcamp for 35.99 euros. On the same page you can also listen to the song sample "You Can't Get Away With It", which shows how high quality sound can be from a console like the Super Nintendo.

The size of the entire album is only 500 KByte. So the DJ had to limit himself in song production, because the SPC-700 is an 8-bit DSP with 1 MHz clock and 64 KByte RAM. Nevertheless, the chip delivers eight sound channels and can play ADPCM-compressed sound samples. In addition, echo effects, a noise generator and functions for changing the pitch are included.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Suckit wrote: »
    Weird one, as it may not appeal to anyone here (or may appeal to collectors... I've no idea :o )
    This is currently reduced to €29.99 for Black Friday week (normally €35.99).
    https://remute.bandcamp.com/album/the-cult-of-remute

That's...weird. I admire the effort involved, and would happily chuck the guy a tenner or so for a download of the album. But I don't want the cart, and I definitely don't want to pay €30 for the cart version just to get the downloadable version as a bonus via Bandcamp.

One of those weird things where sticking to the artistic statement requires alienating part of the audience. Ah well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Nintendo online store sent their Black Friday Deals. Nothing too big that jumps out but the 3 pack of Shovel Knight amiibo for £24.49 is pretty decent.

https://store.nintendo.co.uk/amiibo/shovel-knight-triple-pack-amiibo-specter-knight-plague-knight-and-king-knight-shovel-knight-collection/12340603.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I'm hoping Spiritfarer drops in price in the next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭tbahh

I'm hoping Spiritfarer drops in price in the next week

Go to Russia! Around €5.70 on the e-shop there!

tbahh wrote: »

What?? Really? I nearly paid €25 for it at the weekend but said I'd wait incase of a discount this week.

Thanks for the heads up on Spiritfarer, currently downloading. I was trying to download it through the switch which was proving difficult as it didn't translate to English before I had the brainwave of trying it on my phone browser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

tbahh wrote: »

How do you get credit for the Russian eShop ??

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Create a Russian account or change your region to Russia in your account.
    It used to be believed that when you change between regions you lost your credit when you went back, but I don't think that is the case anymore, although I am not 100% on that, best to double check.
    You can use revolut or any card to make purchases from Russia or South Africa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Anyone know if creating an account and paying through paypal / revolut works in Argentina? I see Stardew Valley is just €1.88 there at the moment!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Create a Russian account or change your region to Russia in your account.
    It used to be believed that when you change between regions you lost your credit when you went back, but I don't think that is the case anymore, although I am not 100% on that, best to double check.
    You can use revolut or any card to make purchases from Russia or South Africa.

Ah brilliant - I have an SA account but I didn't know about the Russian one !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,338 ✭✭✭fixXxer

When changing regions, I just change it on my Nintendo profile and then use the card I have saved on the Nintendo account, and use the Just Required Amount option.

deadl0ck wrote: »

I just used my normal bank card and it went through no problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭brevity

Skyrim is $29.99 on the US store. I am tempted, I love playing Skyrim around Christmas time but for some reason would prefer to pick it as a physical card but that seems to be 60€

Download size is 14.5 GB so not too bad I guess. I think I have enough space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,541 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Devolver Digital sale in the States (source: Nintendo Life)

- Ape Out – $7.49 (was $14.99)
    - Broforce – $3.74 (was $14.99)
    - Carrion – $14.99 (was $19.99)
    - Crossing Souls – $3.74 (was $14.99)
    - Downwell – $2.00 (was $2.99)
    - Enter the Gungeon – $7.49 (was $14.99)
    - Exit the Gungeon – $6.99 (was $9.99)
    - Gato Roboto – $3.99 (was $7.99)
    - Gris – $6.79 (was $16.99)
    - Heave Ho – $4.99 (was $9.99)
    - Hotline Miami Collection – $12.49 (was $24.99)
    - I Hate Running Backwards – $3.74 (was $14.99)
    - Katana Zero – $8.99 (was $14.99)
    - Minit – $4.99 (was $9.99)
    - Mother Russia Bleeds – $3.74 (was $14.99)
    - My Friend Pedro – $9.99 (was $19.99)
    - Pikuniku – $3.24 (was $12.99)
    - Reigns: Game of Thrones – $1.99 (was $3.99)
    - Reigns: Kings & Queens – $3.99 (was $7.99)
    - Ruiner – $9.99 (was $19.99)
    - Stories Untold – $4.99 (was $9.99)
    - The Red Strings Club – $7.49 (was $14.99)
    - The Swords of Ditto: Mormo’s Curse – $7.49 (was $14.99)
    - The Talos Principle: Deluxe Edition – $7.49 (was $29.99)
    - Witcheye – $2.49 (was $4.99)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Will probably start to see the euro store offers popping out tomorrow lunchtime I'd hazard a guess Skyrim will drop here too

I was very interested in my friend Pedro at the start of the year but then forgot about it. Has anyone played it? Worth a tenner?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

I was very interested in my friend Pedro at the start of the year but then forgot about it. Has anyone played it? Worth a tenner?

It is bonkers, definitely worth a tenner. If you're like me, you'll scramble through the game the first time and then go back and get fancy for more points. There is plenty of game there that re-playing it isn't a quick job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭gar

Question,
    Santa is beginning the kids a switch.
    Can you buy games from the estore or does the console need to be registered first? Just keeping an eye out for bargains

gar wrote: »
    Question,
    Can you buy games from the estore or does the console need to be registered first? Just keeping an eye out for bargains
    I am not 100% as I have never tried, but I think you can.
    https://www.nintendo.com/games/buy-digital/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I am not 100% as I have never tried, but I think you can.
    https://www.nintendo.com/games/buy-digital/

The FAQ on that page says that a console is required to buy games on the eshop, so I think you'd need to have the console registered first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,400 ✭✭✭xckjoo

gar wrote: »
    Question,
    I think this came up last year but can't remember the answer. Might have been in one of the other threads though.
    You could try and register an account on nintendo.co.uk and buying a game to see. You'll need to set up an account on the switch anyway so no harm doing it now. It might also be worth taking out the switch before the big day and letting it do all the updates on the console and games. Could save you a lot of "is it ready yet?" on the day :D

Fysh wrote: »
    The FAQ on that page says that a console is required to buy games on the eshop, so I think you'd need to have the console registered first.
    I didn't check the FAQ - D'oh.
    But I was guessing, if you can make the purchase in your account using a browser online, then when you sign into your device those games would be available?
    Again, not sure, so I'll leave it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Skyrim €29.99 tomorrow on Euro eshop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Borderlands and bioshock down to about £21 each on amazon.

My wallet is gonna hate me today...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Are those the usual one game on the cart, the rest is a code games?

Borderlands 1 is on cart - rest are a 42GB download with code
    Bioshock has the opening part of each game on cart, plus 31GB of additional download to continue. No codes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Are the Borderlands games any good if you prefer to play on your own or is co-op a big part of them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Are the Borderlands games any good if you prefer to play on your own or is co-op a big part of them?

I found them fun on my own but they are very repetitive. Played a few times with friends and it was a different game, loads of fun, especially with chat. (Is there online co-op on the Switch version?)

That was with mouse and keyboard though, I'm sure it'd be fine with controllers.

Ive all of them on pc. Only ever done sí glé player.

• Advertisement

Grassey wrote: »
    Borderlands 1 is on cart - rest are a 42GB download with code
    Bioshock has the opening part of each game on cart, plus 31GB of additional download to continue. No codes.

Thanks.

Might just get Borderlands from the US store then (or see if it goes down in our eShop)

If I order from Amazon, it's not likely to arrive this year. Currently most of my Amazon packages are getting stuck in An Post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,400 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Shamelessly stolen from here

Sale is live later today.
    Some initial prices, loads more to follow this afternoon.
    The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening -33% £33.29
    Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition -33% £33.29
    Xenoblade Chronicles 2 -33% £33.29
    Fire Emblem Three Houses -33% £33.29
    Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze -33% £33.29
    Astral Chain 33% £33.29
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim -50% £24.99
    Dark Souls Remastered -50% £17.49
    Dragon Ball FighterZ -84% £7.99
    Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition -75% £9.99
    The Outer Worlds -50% £24.99
    Borderlands Legendary Collection- 40% £23.99
    BioShock: The Collection -40% £23.99
    Sid Meier’s Civilization V -50% £22.49
    Mortal Kombat 11 -60% £15.99
    The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt — Complete Edition- 30% £34.99
    Spyro Reignited Trilogy -49% £17.49
    Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled -49% £17.49
    Diablo III: Eternal Collection -50% £24.99
    The Wonderful 101: Remastered -32% £27.19
    XCOM 2 Collection -60% £15.99
    BioShock Infinite: The Complete Edition -40% £9.59
    Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition -40% £14.99
    Carnival Games -75% £8.74
    NBA 2K Playgrounds 2 -75% £6.24
    Borderlands: The Handsome Collection -40% £24.99
    Metro 2033 Redux -50% £11.24
    The TakeOver -50% £8.99
    Jet Lancer -34% £8.90
    Doom 64 -50% £1.99
    Doom 1 -50% £1.99
    Doom 2 -50% £1.99
    Inside -66% £6.11
    Castlevania Anniversary Collection -75% £3.99
    Contra Anniversary Collection -75% £3.99
    Arcade Anniversary Collection -75% £3.99
    Thumper -75% -3.99
    Brawlout -75% £4.49
    Mega Man LegacyCollection 2 _33% £7.99
    Mr Driller Drilland -50% £7.99
    Gris -60% £5,79
    Lumines Remastered -50% £6.74
    Super Bomberman R -75% £7.49
    Doom -50% £24.99
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim -50% £24.99
    Wargroove -40% £9.59
    Valkyria Chronicles 4 -63% £12.94

Was hoping for Hades and Wrath of the White Witch (slept on them when they were on sale before) but looks like I might have to take a trip to the US for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭brevity

brevity wrote: »
    Skyrim is $29.99 on the US store. I am tempted, I love playing Skyrim around Christmas time but for some reason would prefer to pick it as a physical card but that seems to be 60€

Download size is 14.5 GB so not too bad I guess. I think I have enough space.
    Skyrim €29.99 tomorrow on Euro eshop

FUS RO DAH!

Snapped it up.

"Hey, you. You’re finally awake. You were trying to cross the border,
    right? Walked right into that Imperial ambush, same as us, and that
    thief over there."

23.99 for the Handsome Collection, and 29.99 for the full. I can't see myself playing Borderlands 1 again - wish I could just buy 2 by itself, as I didn't really enjoy Pre Sequel. €15 in Russia actually, once Nintendo unblock my card in 2 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Nothing for me in this sale. Only tempter is Outer Worlds. But I've enough to play at the minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Nothing for me in this sale. Only tempter is Outer Worlds. But I've enough to play at the minute.

I am going to buy loads of games I will never play ðŸ‘

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Anyone else getting funky eshop errors it keeps crashing on me ?

Says an error occurred and brings me back to home screen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,944 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Tropical Freeze is a 2 year old re-release of a nearly 7 year old game and £33.29 is the sale price. I'm never going to buy it at this stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Anyone else getting funky eshop errors it keeps crashing on me ?

Says an error occurred and brings me back to home screen

Yeah even the website isn't working now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,541 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I was going to grab Avicii Invector in Argos today for €15.73 (half price) but I noticed that the Encore edition (10 extra tracks) is €16.39 on Amazon.

Argos: https://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=15051&langId=111&searchTerms=AVICII (base game, 25 tracks)
    Amazon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07YM4DGWK/ref=pe_3193591_545506271_em_1p_0_lm (deluxe version, 35 tracks)

Well reviewed rhythm game: https://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/avicii-invector-encore-edition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Len_007

Has anyone used these controllers? I'd be tempted to pick one up at that price. Get good reviews on Amazon.

I have that very one. As mentioned earlier, no rumble (and maybe NFC?), but works totally fine, it's my main controller when the console is Docked. Keep a couple of AA's handy.

I noticed that Brawlout is 75% off again in the current sale so should be around the €5 mark. If you're looking for a Smash-Bros-alike on the cheap, it's hard to go wrong with this one. There's a demo if you want to try it out first, but I've found it pretty good to dip into for a bit of melee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭skerry

Tempted to pick up Xcom 2. Have it in PS4 but use my Switch more. Anyone here know how it runs on Switch

Popped over to Russia for Xcom 2, will see how it plays when its downloaded all 26gigs of it. Got Spiritfarer while I was there. Less than 20 quid for the two. Played Spiritfarer on Game Pass but it's definitely more suited to handheld

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Qubic doing their regular give away of varying quality games. They gave One Strike away on a previous giveaway. So if you have that, you can get Akuto: Showdown, Akane, Coffee Crisis for free. This weekend only. If you didn't pick up a qualifying game before, worst case scenario 2 euro for 4 games.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/11/buy_one_qubic_fighting_game_and_grab_3_others_for_free_-_this_weekend_only

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

skerry wrote: »
    Tempted to pick up Xcom 2. Have it in PS4 but use my Switch more. Anyone here know how it runs on Switch

As with the other guy, I picked it up in the Russian eshop for 13 quid. From Reddit, it seems like it performs fine. Graphics not as good and a bit muddy at times in handheld. If you want something similar but more bright, try Mario Rabbids.

I picked up Borderlands Collection for about 17 and Xenoblade 2 for 33 so I’m done now!

chrislad wrote: »
    As with the other guy, I picked it up in the Russian eshop for 13 quid. From Reddit, it seems like it performs fine. Graphics not as good and a bit muddy at times in handheld. If you want something similar but more bright, try Mario Rabbids.

I picked up Borderlands Collection for about 17 and Xenoblade 2 for 33 so I’m done now!

I am the other guy :D Only played first 2 missions but seems fine. Like you said, a bit muddy in places. Cutscenes look clearer than the gameplay but it's perfectly playable. Load of content for 13 quid.

Xenoblade 2 is awesome, 33 is a decent price for that. Torna expansion is on sale too I think.

• Advertisement
Advertisement