Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo games/consoles even more bargain alerts thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,947 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Picked up Xcom 2 for €20 on the Irish site. Played really well. Controls take a round or two to get used to but they are good. It plays pretty well. I've not noticed anything that I didn't also see on PC. It is a pretty solid port. Well worth the sub 20 price point. Has the original and then you can play the chosen add on. Plus the other DLC is included.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Anyone know what diablo is like on the switch? How does it run and what online like? Is it populated or full of hackers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭skerry

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Anyone know what diablo is like on the switch? How does it run and what online like? Is it populated or full of hackers?

Runs great and is generally regarded as a very good port. Couldn't comment on the online part though as I don't really indulge in that side of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

skerry wrote: »
    I am the other guy :D Only played first 2 missions but seems fine. Like you said, a bit muddy in places. Cutscenes look clearer than the gameplay but it's perfectly playable. Load of content for 13 quid.

Xenoblade 2 is awesome, 33 is a decent price for that. Torna expansion is on sale too I think.

I got the remastered one. Xenoblade Chonicles. Not a massive fan of the other one and I enjoyed this one on the 3DS XL but never finished it before it broke. Must finish Ni No Kuni first though!

Get bonus physical items: set of art cards and digital soundtrack

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I have never played any of these games, and i have no idea at all how to/what they look like, but I am guessing they are very adult humour type games?

Anyway, they always seem fairly popular.
    Leisure Suit Larry - Wet Dreams Don't Dry - "Watch out, ladies, I’m coming!" is down to €7.99 or €6.62 in Russia

ATV Drifts & Tricks is down to €1 or €0.83 in Russia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,289 ✭✭✭jj880

Suckit wrote: »
    I have never played any of these games, and i have no idea at all how to/what they look like, but I am guessing they are very adult humour type games?

Anyway, they always seem fairly popular.
    Leisure Suit Larry - Wet Dreams Don't Dry - "Watch out, ladies, I’m coming!" is down to €7.99 or €6.62 in Russia

ATV Drifts & Tricks is down to €1 or €0.83 in Russia

Damn! Got a copy of the first leisure suit larry in the 80s when I was 11. Of course I got caught by my mother with a topless lady on screen in 16 colour glory. I maintain she overreacted.

As for ATV Tricks - its good but theyve made it a single player game on Switch. Which takes the fun out of it for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,917 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

jj880 wrote: »
    Damn! Got a copy of the first leisure suit larry in the 80s when I was 11. Of course I got caught by my mother with a topless lady on screen in 16 colour glory. I maintain she overreacted.

As for ATV Tricks - its good but theyve made it a single player game on Switch. Which takes the fun out of it for me.

Ha! I think I was 8 when I first played Leisure Suit Larry... before staying up to watch various Nightmare on Elm Streets.

Our parents let us kids run wild in those days :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭dan786

Limited Ed Animal Crossing Switch just made a comeback after 5-6 months and is in stock. I know not a bargain but these were hard to get

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/nintendo-switch/nintendo-switch-consoles/nintendo-switch-animal-crossing-limited-edition-console/p/187118

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,400 ✭✭✭xckjoo

mrcheez wrote: »
    Ha! I think I was 8 when I first played Leisure Suit Larry... before staying up to watch various Nightmare on Elm Streets.

Our parents let us kids run wild in those days :D
    It was a decent game! Loved those point and click adventures back in the day. Failed that "age verification quiz" so many times :pac:. Found out years later that there was a keyboard shortcut to skip it :(
    Still waiting to find an updated version of the point and click adventure games that I enjoy. I feel like they peaked with Monkey Island.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

xckjoo wrote: »
    It was a decent game! Loved those point and click adventures back in the day. Failed that "age verification quiz" so many times :pac:. Found out years later that there was a keyboard shortcut to skip it :(
    Still waiting to find an updated version of the point and click adventure games that I enjoy. I feel like they peaked with Monkey Island.

Thimbleweed Park might be what you want. I haven't gotten round to it yet but reviews were solid and it's from the creators of Monkey Island and Maniac Mansion...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,541 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

There is a game called Marooners on sale at the moment for 99c (down from €12.99 I think). Seems to be a well reviewed Mario Party style game. Could be worth having installed over Christmas to play with family. Online multiplayer too. On sale for the whole month I think. Looks fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Mr E wrote: »
    There is a game called Marooners on sale at the moment for 99c (down from €12.99 I think). Seems to be a well reviewed Mario Party style game. Could be worth having installed over Christmas to play with family. Online multiplayer too. On sale for the whole month I think. Looks fun.

Ideal if people want to add a few games to a younger child's switch before Santa delivers. It's actually quite a laugh with a few people, especially with beers onboard (not that I'm suggesting Santa gives the kids beer), well worth a euro.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Hey_Listen

dan786 wrote: »
    Limited Ed Animal Crossing Switch just made a comeback after 5-6 months and is in stock. I know not a bargain but these were hard to get

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/nintendo-switch/nintendo-switch-consoles/nintendo-switch-animal-crossing-limited-edition-console/p/187118

Gas, nearly the same price as PS5 digital console. Nintendo have got making £££ down. But there is nothing like this on the other consoles. Still that's a high price !

Also, they have tons of them a couple weeks before Xmas. So much for limited editions ... Maybe everyone has got their animal crossing fix by now. Great xmas present all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,338 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Has anyone seen any good prices on Pokemon Sword/Shield physical copies? Possible Christmas present for the kids but looking at €50 each :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

fixXxer wrote: »
    Has anyone seen any good prices on Pokemon Sword/Shield physical copies? Possible Christmas present for the kids but looking at €50 each :-/

Adverts maybe, I see some for €40, yeah second hand but Pokemon games rarely drop in price. Be thankful its not the DS games you are after as they are even more expensive. No booklets anymore so they will have everything in the box.

Edit: €150 for heart gold and the pokewalker. :eek: That's the most expensive game I own now.

Multiplayer games like this where you can get revenge on other players after you die are great for kids.

Party Crashers is another good game like this. It has been 1.50 a few times recently. Well worth puttin on wishlist on dekudeals.com - you will get an email when the price drops again.

I bought marooners. Saw it was/is 1cent on Czech Republic. Not sure if it is a price error or not but it seems it. I was more than happy to pay €1 for it anyway to have for christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭radiotrickster

This is a great game! I found the chaos mode hilarious. It’s great to play multiplayer with someone else and just try figure out what’s going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭tbahh

I was just having a browse on currys.ie and noticed some prices for Switch games. There were many that were too expensive but two bargains I noticed were Super Mario 3D All-stars @ €44.99 and (the real bargain) Animal Crossing New Horizons @ €36.99.

https://www.currys.ie/ieen/gaming/console-gaming/games/674_4745_32482_xx_xx/xx-criteria.html

Edit: New Super Mario Bros U also @ €44.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,202 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The one I pre-ordered from Nintendo still hasn't arrived.
    I might cancel the order and save myself a tenner.

I may only pop up once in a while now but I always bring those Christmas miracle bargains am tempted to get one myself but I'm more inclined to go for that currys Animal Crossing deal at €38 to play in my second switch as I want to ripoff Mr Nook and what better way than to have two towns two Nooks to rob and a way to stroke my split personality ego(s) enjoy your Game&Watch although something tells me it's just gonna join the pile of trinkets. :D

It's a lovely little device... it's been hacked now too, though at the moment it's a bit tricky to mod.

They're working on building a neater device for modding it, perhaps something you can just attach when you remove the back cover.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,947 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Ordered a game and watch too. Will go straight on the shelf next to the original game and watch I have from 1982.

If you have any spare 3-pin plug covers, they make perfect stands for the G&W (usually find them on extension leads etc)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIjx2XFKKOtLYxNmSLcq7AEZsUcsFdc-IvFQ&usqp=CAU

Soon to be found on eBay for €9.99 + €14.99 shipping. :pac::(

mrcheez wrote: »
    If you have any spare 3-pin plug covers, they make perfect stands for the G&W (usually find them on extension leads etc)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIjx2XFKKOtLYxNmSLcq7AEZsUcsFdc-IvFQ&usqp=CAU

Hue

Well reviewed puzzler

90% off - down to 1 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Monster Boy & The Cursed Kingdom reduced to €14.99 on the eShop. That's the lowest price it has ever been. Finally decided to go for it after really liking the demo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭tbahh

BoTW can now be got for around €32.54 on US eshop. Even cheaper on Argentina and Peru eshops but I'm pretty sure local debit/credit cards are needed.

I'm tempted to get it even though I have Wii U version. Decisions, decisions!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭chonix

tbahh wrote: »
    BoTW can now be got for around €32.54 on US eshop. Even cheaper on Argentina and Peru eshops but I'm pretty sure local debit/credit cards are needed.

I'm tempted to get it even though I have Wii U version. Decisions, decisions!
    IMHO, i'd buy the physical version (just my opinion as if you plan to resell it, Nintendo games are known to retain their base price for quite a bit...even for this games which is from... 2017?). For the time being it's about £37.99 (with code FNDDGAME) delivered in Currys UK (you'll have to add ParcelMotel/AddressPal extra)
    https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/gaming/console-gaming/games/nintendo-switch-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-10160855-pdt.html
    if you're willing to risk yourself to strike a good deal, cause it's a good price (I certainly hope Amzn matches it)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭snowstreams

jj880 wrote: »
    Hue

Well reviewed puzzler

90% off - down to 1 euro

This game is one of the better indie games I've played and all for a euro.
    It kind of reminds me of unravel with its peaceful music and puzzles.
    Thanks for pointing this one out.

This game is one of the better indie games I've played and all for a euro.
    It kind of reminds me of unravel with its peaceful music and puzzles.
    Thanks for pointing this one out.

I wasnt expecting much but once you pick up the controls and know where all the colours are on the wheel the levels just flow. Surprisingly good controls and gameplay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,698 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Pink and Green joy con pair for €60.80 delivered using revolut or similar.
    Use code "DFT10" at checkout to reduce by 10% to GB£53.20 and add international delivery.

https://www.365games.co.uk/nintendo-switch-accessories/nintendo-switch-joy-con-controller-pair-neon-green-neon-pink

Pink and Green joy con pair for €60.80 delivered using revolut or similar.
    Use code "DFT10" at checkout to reduce by 10% to GB£53.20 and add international delivery.

https://www.365games.co.uk/nintendo-switch-accessories/nintendo-switch-joy-con-controller-pair-neon-green-neon-pink

Thats a good price if you are looking for an extra set of joy cons.

If you are looking to replace due to drift here is a good post I found on hotukdeals about electrical contact spray fixing drift.

Not a bargain I know but I'd say worth a try before replacing. Also Electrical contact spray can be had for a few euro. Doesnt have to be WD40 branded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭radiotrickster

Anyone ever played Snake Pass? €20 reduced to a fiver at the moment. I can't tell if it's too much of a 'kids game' or if I should give it a go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,541 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Anyone ever played Snake Pass? €20 reduced to a fiver at the moment. I can't tell if it's too much of a 'kids game' or if I should give it a go.

Early buy for me in the Switch lifecycle. Bought it full price and regretted it after 15 minutes. Hated the controls (but maybe I didn't have the patience to learn them properly).

I'd say read/watch some reviews...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,236 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Played it on PC and like Mr E I couldn't stick with it because of the controls. Worse than Octodad. I wouldn't class it as a kids game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It looks lovely but controls like a pig, avoid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭quad_red

Flashback is a euro on the eStore. Serious memories!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Anyone know how to get US credit on nintendo Eshop?

Seems to be some decent sales there cause of the game awards elsewhere not so much.

Cdkeys.com has $20 and $50 cards they should email the code to you easy enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

sugarman wrote: »
    Pcgamesupply.com

Use them all the time.

Cheers for that ended up getting streets of rage 4 , untitled goose game and ori and the blind forest not bad at all for 45 dollars all in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,789 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Official switch pro controller is £53 on Amazon, is that the cheapest yet?

Jurassic World is down to about 32 on the Russian eShop - it's a bit cheaper on the US but Russia is easier to set up and not much of a difference.

Anyone played it yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

chrislad wrote: »
    Jurassic World is down to about 32 on the Russian eShop - it's a bit cheaper on the US but Russia is easier to set up and not much of a difference.

Anyone played it yet?

Is that the Lego Jurassic World game or the more realistic one? The Lego one is 28e in Smyths.

Rhyme wrote: »
    Is that the Lego Jurassic World game or the more realistic one? The Lego one is 28e in Smyths.

It's the newer, park builder one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

chrislad wrote: »
    It's the newer, park builder one.

Ooh, cool. Didn't know it was a park builder, I think I just saw the title picture on the eShop. Is it like Rollercoaster Tycoon but where the rides eat people?

Advertisement