Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo games/consoles even more bargain alerts thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

YoshiSays wrote: »
    51 worldwide games .. 29 quid

Hades physical ... 30 quid

Amazon de
    It is now €22 on amazon UK with free shipping.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B086KHYNR5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,079 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Suckit wrote: »

Even though there's a fair few duds amongst the 51 games, it's well worth it for that price.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Suckit wrote: »

Was really looking forward to it and bought it on day of release.

Played it for an hour or two and I thought it a load of rubbish. They RUINED the bowling game.

Sold it last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

We had it on a family holiday down to Kerry last year. Perfect for that, truly family oriented, there will be something for everyone from grandad to little kids.

Has the Wii Sports element that Nintendo seem to have given up on for some reason despite maintaining the motion controls in the joy cons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭YoshiSays

2ndcoming wrote: »
    We had it on a family holiday down to Kerry last year. Perfect for that, truly family oriented, there will be something for everyone from grandad to little kids.

Has the Wii Sports element that Nintendo seem to have given up on for some reason despite maintaining the motion controls in the joy cons.

Yep, can't understand why they are not creating a new Wii Sports. Bad name originally. Should have been called Nintendo Sports or something. Maybe they will resuscitate it and give it away free :) with the next Switch. Switch Sports.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Switch Sports U

Yep, can't understand why they are not creating a new Wii Sports. Bad name originally. Should have been called Nintendo Sports or something. Maybe they will resuscitate it and give it away free :) with the next Switch. Switch Sports.

:pac:€ :pac:€ :pac:€

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,168 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,933 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Amazon have their 30% off opened boxes. New Mario 3D world is there. Brings it down to around €31. It's €49.99 on Smyth's.

Says it is opened and any videos may not work. But I assume the full game is on the cart.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08HJXRB1K?psc=1&smid=A2OAJ7377F756P&ref_=chk_typ_imgToDp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Super Lucky's Tail is reduced to £18 on Amazon. If you have Prime you'll get it for £15 shipped to Ireland once they remove the Vat.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07YGM266F/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_W919AWW3KNWPAKJ469XQ

I'm on the third world of this now (trying to finish each world completely before moving on). Cracking little game, thanks for the recommendation!

• Advertisement

sligeach wrote: »

****, just paid 41 quid for this from Smyths last week. Would never have expected it to go that low. Maybe they'll drop a few more first party games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Pretty tempted to double dip at that price as I have the Wii U version already.

Is there much added to the Switch one? I never played the original DLC anyways.

Mr E wrote: »
    I'm on the third world of this now (trying to finish each world completely before moving on). Cracking little game, thanks for the recommendation!

Good! To makeup for my Nintendo Kick In The ***** price drop for Pikmin 3 in Smyths, for a game I've bought twice (also on Wii U) I'm going to play the hell out of this for FREE on GAMEPASS on XBox at 120 FPS ! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

€189.99 plus shipping for a Switch Lite from Amazon Spain.

https://www.amazon.es/Nintendo-Switch-Lite-Turquesa-Estandar/dp/B07V5JJ4ZD/

Skyward Sword Joy Cons from Amazon Italy for €86 delivered.

https://www.amazon.it/Joy-Edizione-Legend-Zelda-Nintendo/dp/B08WY6CTRX/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Not really a bargain but a future bargain as you'll pay a lot more in the future but isn't today the last day to buy that Mario 3 pack?

Get it while you can.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

On sale digitally until March 31st.
    On sale physically in the shops until stocks run out.
    I expect each constituent game will be released as standalone titles in the coming months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Fire Emblem also vanishing on March 31st

• Registered Users Posts: 49 MrZibi

****, just paid 41 quid for this from Smyths last week. Would never have expected it to go that low. Maybe they'll drop a few more first party games.

same! ordered a few days ago and waiting for delivery. it's difficult to get anything from Nintendo under 40 plus gets me down when you look at sony drops sales every 2 weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

went on to buy this and it's out of stock now :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Not sure if this is a question for this thread (so apologies if not), but does anyone here know where I can pick up a copy of Twilight Princess for the Gamecube at a decent price? I've looked on eBay and it seems to be going for €100+ and I was hoping to get a second hand copy for cheaper.
    Ashamed to say that I've never played TP, and want to give it a go, but not comfortable paying €100+ for a 15 year old game..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was released on Wii U if you have that, or if you wait, it may be released on Switch as part of Zelda's 35th anniversary

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I found mine on CEX, which was handy, as they deliver.
    I see they don't have it in stock at present and, even if they did, it runs at €95!

Of course, the cheapest way right now is to simply get the Wii version, which is near identical.
    And, for the price of the GC version you can own that Wii version and a Wii to play it on!

Twilight Princess for the Wii, €12.50 posted
    And
    And a Wii for €50, though in fairness people are throwing these things away, so you could get it for free

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Was released on Wii U if you have that, or if you wait, it may be released on Switch as part of Zelda's 35th anniversary
    Cheers, was thinking of holding-out on the chance that Nintendo will do a Super Mario 3D All Stars equivalent for Zelda. But the upcoming Easter break and lack of options due to a global pandemic may see me splash out rather than waiting! :pac:

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I found mine on CEX, which was handy, as they deliver.
    I see they don't have it in stock at present and, even if they did, it runs at €95!

Of course, the cheapest way right now is to simply get the Wii version, which is near identical.
    And, for the price of the GC version you can own that Wii version and a Wii to play it on!

Twilight Princess for the Wii, €12.50 posted
    And
    And a Wii for €50, though in fairness people are throwing these things away, so you could get it for free
    Thanks I was actually looking on CEX earlier. A bit mad that the GC version is so expensive compared to the Wii version, but I suppose it's a lot rarer. I think I'll keep looking for a modestly priced GC version as I love the GC controller. There is a German version on eBay for ~€70, seems in good condition so could be worth a shot.

Joy-Con Pair The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Edition are available to pre-order at Smyths for €85. It's not a bargain, especially when they're €9 more expensive than on their UK site. But, I know a lot of people have been clamouring to get them and they've been difficult to order. And some are of the opinion that these will be quite valuable in years to come.

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/nintendo-switch/nintendo-switch-accessories/joy-con-pair-the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-edition/p/198950

• Advertisement

Joy-Con Pair The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Edition are available to pre-order at Smyths for €85. It's not a bargain, especially when they're €9 more expensive than on their UK site. But, I know a lot of people have been clamouring to get them and they've been difficult to order. And some are of the opinion that these will be quite valuable in years to come.

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/nintendo-switch/nintendo-switch-accessories/joy-con-pair-the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-edition/p/198950

Cheers, €1 cheaper that what I ordered them for yesterday from Amazon Italy.

Switch Lite is still available for €189.99 from Amazon Spain as well, don't know how long this will stay at this price. Should save about €40 on Irish rrp after shipping costs are added.

Cheers, €1 cheaper that what I ordered them for yesterday from Amazon Italy.

Switch Lite is still available for €189.99 from Amazon Spain as well, don't know how long this will stay at this price. Should save about €40 on Irish rrp after shipping costs are added.

Switch lite regularly at that price or less on Amazon de

I'd expect 149 euro switch lites soon. Unless that ship stays stuck in the Suez canel.

Switch lite regularly at that price or less on Amazon de

I'd expect 149 euro switch lites soon. Unless that ship stays stuck in the Suez canel.

Not sure if they'll go down any further seeing as the current model should be shortly going oop due to Nvidia discontinuing production of the APU.

Not sure if they'll go down any further seeing as the current model should be shortly going oop due to Nvidia discontinuing production of the APU.

They may discontinue it but not without making however many Nintendo want, or keeping a number in production exclusively for them.

They may discontinue it but not without making however many Nintendo want, or keeping a number in production exclusively for them.

Indeed, I'm sure Nintendo are stocking up on as many of the APUs they can before production ceases.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07QHXM3JY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_9CE3191HBAA79JKYSQXR

Hollow Knight is reduced to £17 on Amazon at the moment. Works out at £14.16 delivered to Ireland after the Vat is deducted.

Seen than this morning on Amazon. I'm seriously tempted, didn't want to say anything just yet. And I seen that someone posted it on HotUKDeals, which will twist my arm into buying it before it's gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Any chance we are getting an easter eshop sale on Thursday or will nintendo foooooool us good

Bioshock games are €7.99 each currently seems a big 2kGames sale is on the eshop

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

went on to buy this and it's out of stock now :(

Missed it but got it on amazon.co.uk for 30 odd pound all in so not much more. Free delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Power A wired Game Cube controller for Nintendo switch is down to £15.28 if you have Prime. Works out at £12.73 after the Vat comes off.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07GXKCPJT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_H8ERF742PF9SMYQ9GCYW

The Pikachu wireless version of the above controller is also reduced to £19.99 so works out at £16.66 for us. The only problem is it is not in stock until the 20th.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07PQD2MG2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_T33VRRMP23R67N1B8V00?psc=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Power A wired Game Cube controller for Nintendo switch is down to £15.28 if you have Prime. Works out at £12.73 after the Vat comes off.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07GXKCPJT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_H8ERF742PF9SMYQ9GCYW

The Pikachu wireless version of the above controller is also reduced to £19.99 so works out at £16.66 for us. The only problem is it is not in stock until the 20th.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07PQD2MG2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_T33VRRMP23R67N1B8V00?psc=1

The last 6 reviews for the GC controller put me off....

Mr E wrote: »
    The last 6 reviews for the GC controller put me off....

I have one and the original GC one, near enough the same. For the price I don't know what people expect.

Bioshock games are €7.99 each currently seems a big 2kGames sale is on the eshop

How do the Bioshock Games run / look on Switch? I have a pc so I only really play Nintendo exclusives / platformers / colourful games on Switch.

Often wonder what it would be like playing a dark, atmospheric FPS like Doom or Bioshock on it, at that price I may have to see for myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,891 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

How do the Bioshock Games run / look on Switch? I have a pc so I only really play Nintendo exclusives / platformers / colourful games on Switch.

Often wonder what it would be like playing a dark, atmospheric FPS like Doom or Bioshock on it, at that price I may have to see for myself.

Doom 3 is pretty solid.. and this is playing on a hand held mode only (Switch Lite)

• Advertisement

If you have a PC get them on PC. :rolleyes:

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    If you have a PC get them on PC. :rolleyes:

I'm stuck working on the PC all day so I like to get away from it for a while if I can. :rolleyes:

Actually been playing hardly any PC games the past year as a result. :rolleyes:

Actually bought the Switch for this exact reason. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I've recently played both Bioshock and Bioshock 2 (Infinite just doesn't grab me, though I did get it on Switch)

Both play very well. I had a few crashes on Bioshock, so make sure you manual save a bit more than normal, but loading times/graphics etc were perfect, and the controls were perfect. The first Bioshock hasn't aged, mechanically, compared to Bioshock 2, but from a performance point of view, you'll have no worries with any of the trilogy.

Not sure how they look am interested in how they play in handheld mode myself I liked Bioshock Infinite on PS3 as it was a different game in the sky rather than underwater.

I'm gonna wait until Thursday to buy 1 and 2 as I want to see if there is anything else but I am buying Infinite later today will update how it plays after I have given it a good chance.

File sizes are 12.5GB, 10.4GB, and 20.7GB respectively

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

File sizes are 12.5GB, 10.4GB, and 20.7GB respectively

Let us know how it plays - have a lite so unsure if its worth it.

interested to hear the feedback.

I'm stuck working on the PC all day so I like to get away from it for a while if I can. :rolleyes:

Actually been playing hardly any PC games the past year as a result. :rolleyes:

Actually bought the Switch for this exact reason. :rolleyes:

Giant HDMI lead from PC to TV? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Not sure how they look am interested in how they play in handheld mode myself I liked Bioshock Infinite on PS3 as it was a different game in the sky rather than underwater.

I'm gonna wait until Thursday to buy 1 and 2 as I want to see if there is anything else but I am buying Infinite later today will update how it plays after I have given it a good chance.

I play exclusively in handheld, so my comments pertain to that.

• Advertisement

My Internet spluttered trying for the 20 gigs so it'll be a while before I'm playing I'm gonna try download overnight

Xcom is reduced too might get that so are the Borderlands games I have them already bought before Christmas Borderlands 1 is cool in handheld still haven't downloaded the handsome collection

Advertisement