Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips Hue compatible Smart Plug

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭maxamillius

I have 3rd party plugs with zigbee integration meaning they show up in my hue app, they work perfectly.

I use them at the moment for some outdoor lights

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭newirishman

I have 3rd party plugs with zigbee integration meaning they show up in my hue app, they work perfectly.

I use them at the moment for some outdoor lights

Can you share details, like product name and where to buy?

Can you share details, like product name and where to buy?

Last ones I got were on amazon see screenshot

Shows up as on/off light in hue app, see screenshot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭slicedpanman

Anyone got one of these yet? And/or know if they work in conjunction with the hue motion sensors?

In my hallway I've 4 hue GU10 lights and a lightstrip under the stairs - all controlled by a motion sensor.

Worked really well till my lightstrip died. Looks like the lightstrip controller is fecked. I used to be able to switch it off at the socket for a day then it would work well for a few weeks when switched on again. However not working at all now (LEDs still flash when powered up but can't contact it from hue or switch it on)

Hoping I can replace the lightstrip, in this setup, with one of these plugs and a standard led strip

• Advertisement

Just get one of the ones I mentioned above, the led in the attached pic is plugged onto an outdoor socket and controlled via the hue app

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭slicedpanman

Have been googling and found this:
    https://char.gd/blog/2018/building-better-cheaper-philips-hue-led-strips/amp

Might give that a go, looks pretty cheap and seems to function identical to the official lightstrip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Just get one of the ones I mentioned above, the led in the attached pic is plugged onto an outdoor socket and controlled via the hue app

Do you have to do anything special to get them to show up in the hue app?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Might give that a go, looks pretty cheap and seems to function identical to the official lightstrip

Have one and it works well. Some limitations in that you can't add it to an entertainment area and I find that if Hue updates the hub firmware then it will disconnect and needs to be powered off and on again for it to reconnect, might be a consideration depending on how accessible it is.

A decent 24v lightstrip and power supply makes a difference also, better light and colours.

keane2097 wrote: »
    Do you have to do anything special to get them to show up in the hue app?

Nope you just add it as if you were adding a new light, no issues with it to date

• Advertisement

The light strip in my attached pic, is one from Ali express and is controlled by a gledopto controller, they work fine albeit a bit slower to react to colour changes from the app.

A lot cheaper then the hue strips of which I have 3 in the house already.

Just bought another 2 strips from ali express do do the bottom step of my decking.

The official stuff is better in my opinion however the spurious stuff works just fine also.

Advertisement