Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ring Fit Adventure

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

iamtony wrote: »
    Ha, your second on all the friends leaderboard. That ocelot is a beast:pac:

Gonna have to login for a serious session this evening so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭conormario

I see this getting 5 star reviews on amazon uk.
    No.1 in Japan.
    Is this the Switch cross-over moment ?
    I have a feeling this title will be on the late late toy show this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Session 2 - would you like to raise the intensity? Sure, I'm fit, why not?

I forgot, during the excitement of the first session, that this is still an RPG. I was thinking of it like the Wii Fit, with some fancier graphics. And that I'd just be trying to beat myself. Of course, there are monsters to kill along the way, and I failed. I ran out of lives, and got smushed by a thing. I tried that level twice, and got smushed each time. So I went back and repeated an earlier session in order to level up a bit. But then I was too tired to try again. I'll beat him next time!

I think they've got the balance between exercise and game right. If I'd beaten that monster first time around, I'd probably have left it there, but the game piece made me do more than I'd planned, which is a good thing. Looking forward to a good long session over the weekend.

Exercise tips - don't skip the warm ups. Wear a good sports bra if you're a bra wearing person. The knee lifts in particular will make you notice if you're not. Some of the exercises could pull muscles etc if you don't do them right. Take it slow, get the form right. If you're not sure, take a look on youtube for examples of that exercise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

conormario wrote: »
    I see this getting 5 star reviews on amazon uk.
    No.1 in Japan.
    Is this the Switch cross-over moment ?
    I have a feeling this title will be on the late late toy show this year.

Aggh now I have a mental image of Tubrid's flailing about with the ring-con and strap.....AHHHH AHHH IT WONT GO AWAY!
    Thoie wrote: »
    I forgot, during the excitement of the first session, that this is still an RPG. I was thinking of it like the Wii Fit, with some fancier graphics. And that I'd just be trying to beat myself. Of course, there are monsters to kill along the way, and I failed. I ran out of lives, and got smushed by a thing. I tried that level twice, and got smushed each time. So I went back and repeated an earlier session in order to level up a bit. But then I was too tired to try again. I'll beat him next time!

World 2 boss near killed me. Had to run through all 5 exercise attacks 2 or 3 times before he went down (could have just reused the most powerful but wanted to try spread the pain over multiple neglected muscles)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭conormario

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Aggh now I have a mental image of Tubrid's flailing about with the ring-con and strap.....AHHHH AHHH IT WONT GO AWAY!

Sorry! Won't happen. Video games, too much of a threat to tubbs and rte. He will just knock it and go do a Billy Barry dance in his Christmas jumper. I really, truly can't stand him.

Here's Jimmy Fallon, the Roots and Mr Miyamoto instead celebrating video games:

https://youtu.be/V17tXBePgfo

• Advertisement
Advertisement