Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaf2Leaf Landscapes

Options
  • 12-09-2019 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭

Hi folks. Does anyone have experience of this company? They have given me a quote to clean, resand and seal my front driveway and rear patio. It’s quite a pricey quote so would really like to hear of other people’s experience first. Their website has plenty of good testimonials (not a big surprise!) but their Facebook page has a couple of bad reviews.

Thanks a million!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,402 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Did you get another couple of quotes for comparison?

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭PGL

unkel wrote: »
    Did you get another couple of quotes for comparison?

Yes, I received two comparable quotes. I’m just interested to hear peoples experience of this company.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Beware many unsavoury types in this driveway and landscaping business....

• Registered Users Posts: 65,402 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

PGL wrote: »
    Yes, I received two comparable quotes. I’m just interested to hear peoples experience of this company.

Thanks

Have a look at the Google reviews. They have 28 of them and average 5 stars. Didn't look at the details, but that's promising.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 numaios

I'm aware this may not help the OP but perhaps others looking for info may find this helpful. I look at the details. This company was distributing leaflets in my area back in the summer, and I got one:

So far so good. Pay attention to picture on the top right. Google Image search it. Oddly enough, you will see that same exact picture in buildadriveltd.co.uk and also worsleydrivewaysandpatios.co.uk. Move on to the picture below, and that one also appears at eltlandscapes.com and ontrackpaving.co.uk to name just a couple. Seems to be a common thing with this trade, appropriating pictures, but what is clear is that none of the work featured here is theirs. Which led to the question, with so many shining Google reviews, couldn't they get their own pictures? Why? I looked at their website, there is a "Recent work" section with pictures coming from all over the world - yellow workwear, hard to miss that. So the "own work" claim is both implicit and explicit. OK, just to explore every front, notice the National Guild of Master Craftsmen logo circled in red. Go to www.nationalguild.ie and search for the company, unsuccessfully. My conclusion was to avoid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Zara.s

Avoid this company. A friend of mine got them out to do a big job last year. She to saw all the good reviews. It turned out to be a disaster. Unfinished work where she was told to complete it herself as they ran out of time, even though she paid for it. Badly done work to which she now has to fork out more money to get it fixed. I was shocked when I saw the state of her garden after, it resembled a building site. She was so upset. They are wolves in sheep's clothing. Happily take your money, but are by no means professionals.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭xabi_a

OP did you ever go with that company?

I had them out for a quote but I'm a bit suspicious, he seemed to pick a high price out of the air very quickly. That combined with what I read here, I think I'll skip it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

If anyone has experience of the company and doesn't want to post, please DM me.

Advertisement