Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Banking Online website - frequently down

Options
  • 13-09-2019 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭

Hi there, 
    my first question is whether you any reason or explaination why the business banking website is down in the evenings very regularily, like it was again yesterday from the evening until at least after midnight? When I mean down, I mean the server is completely unavailable and you get an error in your browser. 

If its scheduled maintainance then why is there no advance notice about it, or should i have email notifications on the disruption that somehow I am not recieving? Or does it just crash and theres nobody there to fix it till the morning ? 

Theres a page (when you find it, because its damn well hidden) with the current status but of course that doesnt help anyone getting caught out by the server being down without them knowing in advance.  

So my second question is how am I supposed to know in advance when the server goes down (presuming that its planned mainainance and not a dodgy server combined with lack of support staff to fix it in the evenings) ?

thanks in advance. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

Hi there, 
    my first question is whether you any reason or explaination why the business banking website is down in the evenings very regularily, like it was again yesterday from the evening until at least after midnight? When I mean down, I mean the server is completely unavailable and you get an error in your browser. 

If its scheduled maintainance then why is there no advance notice about it, or should i have email notifications on the disruption that somehow I am not recieving? Or does it just crash and theres nobody there to fix it till the morning ? 

Theres a page (when you find it, because its damn well hidden) with the current status but of course that doesnt help anyone getting caught out by the server being down without them knowing in advance.  

So my second question is how am I supposed to know in advance when the server goes down (presuming that its planned mainainance and not a dodgy server combined with lack of support staff to fix it in the evenings) ?

thanks in advance. 

Hi munchkin_utd,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today on Boards.

We are very sorry to hear that you have been experiencing difficulty with logging into Business Online. We are not aware of any technical issues with the Business Online website. However we would be happy to link in with our Business Online team to check this out and answer the queries and concerns you have raised with us today. Would you mind leaving this with us and as soon as we have a response we will certainly come back to you here.

Once again we do apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused to you.

Thanks Jen

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Hi there, 

thanks in advance. 

Hi munchkin_utd,

We are very sorry to hear that you have been experiencing difficulty with logging into Business Online. We are not aware of any technical issues with the Business Online website. However we would be happy to link in with our Business Online team to check this out and answer the queries and concerns you have raised with us today. Would you mind leaving this with us and as soon as we have a response we will certainly come back to you here.

Thanks Jen
    thanks for that Jennifer.  
    Just to clarify , the website I mean is the actual one you log into to make transfers : https://www.businessonline-boi.com  
    The other website which is a subsite of the main bank website was working: https://businessbanking.bankofireland.com 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hi there, 

thanks in advance. 

Hi munchkin_utd,

Thanks Jen
    thanks for that Jennifer.  
    Just to clarify , the website I mean is the actual one you log into to make transfers : https://www.businessonline-boi.com  
    The other website which is a subsite of the main bank website was working: https://businessbanking.bankofireland.com 

Hi Munchkin_utd, 

Thank you for your patience on this. 

We have looked in to this for you with our Business Online team. They have advised us that they did not receive any feedback from customers advising of issues logging in to Business Online. In this instance, it may be best to attempt log in on a different internet browser. 

If you are continuing to have issues logging in, you can send screenshots to the email business.online@boi.com and a member of technical support team will get back to you as soon as possible with a solution.

I hope this helps, 

Thanks, Aisling.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭lobbylad

After many failed attempts with other browsers, the only one that I can use business-boi.com reliably on is Internet Explorer 11, it either has issues or doesn't work at all on Chrome, Firefox or Edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

lobbylad wrote: »
    After many failed attempts with other browsers, the only one that I can use business-boi.com reliably on is Internet Explorer 11, it either has issues or doesn't work at all on Chrome, Firefox or Edge.
    Thanks for the info there. For me it works fine 99% of the time except an evening here and there where it just doesn't - but I do use chrome so will have to give the bank the benefit of the doubt. I'll keep using chrome and should it happen again revert to internet explorer and see if that fixes it. 

Aisling, thanks for looking into it and if it happens again I'll be in touch again with feedback on whether a browser change helps or not. 

• Advertisement
Advertisement