Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up Young Saver Account

Options
  • 13-09-2019 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭

Hi,

I have previously set up one of these accounts for our oldest daughter and am trying to set up one for our youngest daughter now but process seems a lot more complicated.

I went onto banking365 and selected this account online and proceeded to fill in the details and received an email with subject line [font=Times New Roman","serif]Application for a Young Saver Account with BOI.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif]I clicked the link on this email to upload documents and attached my own passport, driving licence and utility bill, there was no mention of any young savers account here or any documentation required for my daughter. I since rang through to a BOI application helpline after as was told once everything submitted that I would be getting a debit card for this account once this had been processed and this didn't happen the last time as I don't have any card for my oldest daughter account she is only 2![/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif]I was told on this call to go back into link again and put through my daughters passport photo 3 times or else upload once and then 2 blank documents as there is 3 sections to application. 1. Passport, 2. Driving License and 3. Utitlity Bill. This seems to make no sense to me as in each section there is questions relevant to uploaded document.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Can you please advise what is going on here as when I did this 18 months ago I didn't have any issues setting up account??[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Michael[/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kathryne

Hi Michael,

Thanks for getting in touch with us today with your query.

We are sorry to hear that you've had this experience, I understand that this must have been frustrating.

Young Saver accounts would not be issued with a Visa debit card, this would only be sent when your child's account graduates to a 2nd level student account.

The requirements for opening a Young Savers account would be a proof of address, valid photographic ID in your own name and your daughter's proof of ID. Essentially we would assume what happened was when you uploaded all your documents the first time, there wasn't any ID for your daughter and so our team asked you to access the link again to send in your daughter's ID. Instead of asking you to send in your own ID and proof of address again, since we already had those documents, they advised just to upload your daughter's ID 3 times because each slot is mandatory.

Now that we have both of your documents, the account should be opened soon.

I hope this information helps and if you have any further queries please let us know.

Many thanks,
    Kat

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭bugsyb4

Hi Kat,

No I think you took me up wrong I supplied all my documents and then got that message after submitted about been issued with a visa debit card so I rang the number provided and was told what to send in for my daughter which I don't have access to as am at work.

Can I just bring these items to a branch on Monday and let them set up account? Will they be able to find my online application and finalise the process for me??

Just seems like it would be more reliable going into a branch rather than doing online.

Thanks,
    Michael

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kathryne

Hi Michael,

Thanks for coming back to us here.

Apologies for the confusion here, we will not be issuing a debit card for your daughter's account.

You may certainly upload your daughter's passport online now or visit a BOI branch and an advisor will scan this to our account opening team to complete your application.

Many thanks,
    Kat

Advertisement