Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Predict the Cabinet/Government after the general election.

Options
  • 13-09-2019 1:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭

Taoiseach Michael Martin
    Tánaiste & Minister for Education Brendan Howlin
    Minister for Foreign Affairs Dara Calleary
    Minister for Finance Micheal McGrath
    Minister for Justice and Equality Jim O'Callaghan
    Minister for Health Rosin Shortall
    Minister for Communications, Climate Action and Environment Eamon Ryan
    Minister for Business, Enterprise and Innovation Alan Kelly
    Minister for Agriculture, Barry Cowen Minister for Transport, Tourism and Sport Sean Fleming
    Minister for Employment Affairs and Social Protection Willie O'Dee
    Minister for Rural and Community Development Eamon O'Cuiv
    Minister for Housing, Planning and Local Government Thomas Byrne
    Minister for Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht Joan Burton Minister for Children and Youth Affairs Marie Butler Minister for European Affairs Lisa Chambers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I'd say Rosin Shortall is a stretch but would love to see her in the mix. Alan Kelly very unlikely.
    Eamon O'Cuiv is like the harbinger of death waiting to drag us back to the dark ages.
    Not saying there's any real quality but at least we'll get rid of the real chancers and wasters like Eoghan 'baby with a beard' Murphy. I'd say Leo will take a gap year. Politics will be 'so 2019' for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,086 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Third inter-party government so?

Doblin wrote: »
    Taoiseach Michael Martin

I stopped reading here.

I stopped reading here.

It could happen. They use to write off Enda back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Icemancometh

It could happen. They use to write off Enda back in the day.

Not only could it happen I think it's hard to see any other outcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

A depressing lack of talent in that hypothetical cabinet, but it's probably fairly accurate with what you could credibly cobble together with a FF minority gov. No role for Stephen Donnelly? You'd imagine he really should be in the shake-up even if he isn't 'well got' with the FF old guard.

Still, no one quite as big a cabbage in there as Mary Mitchell O'Connor, my pick for the single thickest minister in living memory.

Yurt! wrote: »
    A depressing lack of talent in that hypothetical cabinet, but it's probably fairly accurate with what you could credibly cobble together with a FF minority gov. No role for Stephen Donnelly? You'd imagine he really should be in the shake-up even if he isn't 'well got' with the FF old guard.

Still, no one quite as big a cabbage in there as Mary Mitchell O'Connor, my pick for the single thickest minister in living memory.

No Eoghan Murphy, the Fr. Dougal of the Dail?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Yurt! wrote: »

She's thick, but she's no Mary Coughlan. Hell, she's not even Conor Lenihan.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Either FG/Labour/Greens and some independents or FF/Labour/Greens and some independents.

Slightly more leaning to Leo as Taoiseach with Alan Kelly as Tanaiste.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Either FG/Labour/Greens and some independents or FF/Labour/Greens and some independents.

Slightly more leaning to Leo as Taoiseach with Alan Kelly as Tanaiste.

Have to agree with you there too Johnny.

I reckon greens may even surpass Labour though so would top Eamon Ryan for the tanaiste job.

Will be good to FG to move away from the confidence and supply to a rainbow model. Will provide more stability for the party to continue the good work they've been doing for the last few days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

https://www.rte.ie/news/politics/2019/0914/1075941-opinion-poll-sbp/

Nip and tick in the most accurate of the opinion polls. Up one point for FG isn’t bad, but I’d have expected slightly more of a bounce considering the level of statesmanship demonstrated on the Brexit negotiations. Another limp performance for SF. Hurlers on the ditch isn’t resonating with the electorate.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

https://www.rte.ie/news/politics/2019/0914/1075941-opinion-poll-sbp/

Nip and tick in the most accurate of the opinion polls.

May actually want to check that claim. RedC seems to be able to nail SF spot on (glad of their crap result btw), but they massively (meaning outside the margin of error) overpredict FG and (again outside MoE) underpredict FF.

So, it’s the most accurate is a load of bs.

Last election mrbi was the most accurate, but all polling in Ireland seems to overpredict FG and underpredict FF. I guess it’s a shy Tory type of response for FF.

Just so it’s know I’m not a fan of FF either (but am a statistician, so this interests me)

No Eoghan Murphy, the Fr. Dougal of the Dail?

not to defend murphy but health is the impossible job

mmoc is a serious struggler even in a nothing role

Advertisement