Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

oughterard people - see OP for Mod warning 29/09/19

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Why the use of the word 'suffer'?

Is being forced to impliment female only music festivals a positve move?
    Were the recent riots and various attacks over recent years, of benefit?
    Is the increase in sexual attacks (by non-swedish) not a suffering?

Generally when you replace up to 30% of your nation's rich culture, within a few decades, is it a benefit or a loss, for that country?

There may be some slight positve aspects, but overall, it's a major upheaval with more negative effects likely, than is not. Of course only time will tell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Hal3000

Can anybody tell me something? It may seem like the most basic question to ask but what is the motive for population replacement ? Take Ireland for instance, what would FG’s motive be to purposely try to start replacing the native Irish population ?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Oh dear .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,566 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Gatling wrote: »
    Day 5

....of your incessant false facts? And thanks for making them so easily disprovable, tiring though it is.

• Advertisement

Cordell wrote: »
    We shouldn't allow the world to spin backwards.

Explain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

Tim o conner is about as funny as child cancer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭HorrorScope

Well Kevin and Tim would be better suited shutting their mouths and offering rooms in their own houses to these people - they won’t though because like most virtue signallers they are ****ing hypocrites.

I didn't say Ireland or Europe would be a hellhole.

I said DPCs would be a hellhole for the refugees, particularly the genuine ones, created a hellhole by the hundreds of fake asylum seekers from places like Albania and Georgia. I'm glad to clarify that for you.

Nope. Once again not true. Your quote was:

At a cost of tens of millions, and with these scammers lumped in with genuine refugees, creating a hellhole for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

At a cost of tens of millions, and with these scammers lumped in with genuine refugees, creating a hellhole for everyone.

Everyone except you knows he's talking about the dpc being a hellhole.
    Dry your eyes mate, it's over.

• Advertisement

Afters years and tens of thousands spent on accommodation and legal fees for each one.

Such is the system. And as has been pointed out there are very high rejection rates for the nationals of some countries. It should satisfy you that:

a) the assessors are doing their jobs
    b) citizens of said countries will be less inclined to apply in future

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

You know perfectly well what I meant. I said genuine refugees lumped in with fake ones, creating a hellhole for everyone, and by everyone you know well I meant every refugee.

So now you've resorted to putting words in people's mouths. Desperate stuff altogether.

Such is the system. And as has been pointed out there are very high rejection rates for the nationals of some countries. It should satisfy you that:

a) the assessors are doing their jobs
    b) citizens of said countries will be less inclined to apply in future

And where are they housed while they are being assessed? And at how much cost per fake asylum seeker?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Hal3000 wrote: »
    Can anybody tell me something? It may seem like the most basic question to ask but what is the motive for population replacement ? Take Ireland for instance, what would FG’s motive be to purposely try to start replacing the native Irish population ?

I think population replacement talk is and always was hysterical. It originated with paranoid Americans.

However, population dilution would be a very meaningful goal for a government seeking to undermine resolve in the electorate against decisions it wants to make in the future (Euro army, higher taxes on homeowners, further sovereignty ceded to Brussels for federalized state etc.)

Gatling wrote: »
    Way off a few percent off at absolute most -some lie

Now back up your claims please

Not a small difference. Your figure was half again of the actual figure. And you've again given an utterly random figure. Said that 17% of the population were non-nationals. A random and unsubstantiated figure. True figure is 11.6%, easily found.

You gave false figures about asylum rejections yesterday. When challenged you gave more false figures.

The moderators have asked people to back up their claims with facts. Which you're consistently refusing to do. You should run for Fianna Fail. Or the more disreputable Fianna Fail of the 1970s.

US2 wrote: »
    Everyone except you knows he's talking about the dpc being a hellhole.
    Dry your eyes mate, it's over.

Definition of everyone - every person. He's backtracking, but no hassle, it's the default response of a few on here.

What's over?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Harvey Weinstein

Not a small difference. Your figure was half again of the actual figure. And you've again given an utterly random figure. Said that 17% of the population were non-nationals. A random and unsubstantiated figure. True figure is 11.6%, easily found.

You gave false figures about asylum rejections yesterday. When challenged you gave more false figures.

The moderators have asked people to back up their claims with facts. Which you're consistently refusing to do. You should run for Fianna Fail. Or the more disreputable Fianna Fail of the 1970s.

over 17% of our population is Foreign Born Thats the issue.

Even the Georgian Embassy in Ireland admitted most Georgians asylum seekers in Ireland are economic migrants.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/concern-over-rise-in-people-seeking-asylum-from-safe-countries-1.3986377
    A spokesman for the Georgian embassy said Georgia was a developing democracy that was both “safe and stable”. He suggested that Georgians coming to Ireland were economic migrants.
    Some 41 per cent of all asylum claims in the first half of the year were from Albanian, Georgian and South African nationals. All three countries are officially regarded as “safe countries of origin” by Ireland. This means the State considers them as safe and stable democracies. An asylum seeker from a country regarded as safe is much less likely to be granted leave to remain in the State.
    “The rising numbers of applicants from countries considered safe countries of origin by the UN is a concern,” the department said in response to queries about the recent trends.

Those claiming from safe countries are overwhelming the DPC system, to the point that no doubt genuine claimants are stuck in emergency accomodation.

The whole thing is a mess.

Is being forced to impliment female only music festivals a positve move?
    Were the recent riots and various attacks over recent years, of benefit?
    Is the increase in sexual attacks (by non-swedish) not a suffering?

Generally when you replace up to 30% of your nation's rich culture, within a few decades, is it a benefit or a loss, for that country?

There may be some slight positve aspects, but overall, it's a major upheaval with more negative effects likely, than is not. Of course only time will tell.

I take it you're thus not a fan of Australia, United States, New Zealand, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

A minister on rte 1 today said that he wanted DP centres to be replaced with a different solution to the problem of asylum seekers, he was asked what about our own 10,000 homeless and not enough houses in the country, No surprise he blatantly waffled on and ignored the question completely. Shocking and disgusting.

Not a small difference. Your figure was half again of the actual figure.

12.2 %

I said 17%

Half of 17 = 8

So your claim is actually wrong yes

The figure I gave was 17%

You said I lied when the figure you claimed was half that

Half of 17 = 8 so your claim was wrong

And the 2018 figures say 12.3%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭HorrorScope

A minister on rte 1 today said that he wanted DP centres to be replaced with a different solution to the problem of asylum seekers, he was asked what about our own 10,000 homeless and not enough houses in the country, No surprise he blatantly waffled on and ignored the question completely. Shocking and disgusting.

Easy solution to the DP problem - first question upon arrival is how many safe countries did you pass through to get here? There are no genuine asylum seekers in this country going by the definition of asylum and how it should be sought.

The figure I gave was 17%

You said I lied when the figure you claimed was half that

Half of 17 = 8 so your claim was wrong

And the 2018 figures say 12.3%

Those Twitter posts are utterly stupid. Irrespective of your opinions on this subject the people of Oughterard don't deserve such generalised condemnation.

You know perfectly well what I meant. I said genuine refugees lumped in with fake ones, creating a hellhole for everyone, and by everyone you know well I meant every refugee.

So now you've resorted to putting words in people's mouths. Desperate stuff altogether.

No need to put words into anyone's mouth. Clear what you said in your post.Not what everyone means. Next time say everyone in the DPC system.

And where are they housed while they are being assessed? And at how much cost per fake asylum seeker?

You are aware that this thread is entirely about DPCs? There's your answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,913 ✭✭✭Cordell

I take it you're thus not a fan of Australia, United States, New Zealand, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, etc?

Those countries became better afterwards, but it sucked quite badly for the natives.

• Advertisement

over 17% of our population is Foreign Born Thats the issue.

Including the likes of Saoirse Ronan, Ronan O'Gara, Paul McGrath, Jamie Heaslip, David O'Leary, Jordi Murphy, Michael Fassbender, etc. Those types of foreign-born Irish you mean?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement