Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

oughterard people - see OP for Mod warning 29/09/19

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,566 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Gatling wrote: »
    Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Not a small difference. Your figure was half again of the actual figure.

12.2 %

I said 17%

Half of 17 = 8

So your claim is actually wrong yes

You need to Google half again.

And my figure was 11.6% from the official census figures so unsure why you've edited it.

Easy solution to the DP problem - first question upon arrival is how many safe countries did you pass through to get here? There are no genuine asylum seekers in this country going by the definition of asylum and how it should be sought.

No legal requirement to claim asylum in the first port of call.

Cordell wrote: »
    Those countries became better afterwards, but it sucked quite badly for the natives.

Let's see how we get on, shall we.

There's a small percentage of aggrieved anti-immigrants in several parts of Europe but the great majority are clearly happy with the situation going by electoral results.

The figure I gave was 17%

You said I lied when the figure you claimed was half that

Half of 17 = 8 so your claim was wrong

And the 2018 figures say 12.3%

No census in 2018.

The out of date 2011 figure you used in your last post was 12.2%

The 2016 Census figure is 11.6%.

https://www.cso.ie/en/releasesandpublications/ep/p-cp7md/p7md/p7anii/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭HorrorScope

No legal requirement to claim asylum in the first port of call.

Really? Shows what you know
    To avoid abuses, European law, the Dublin Regulation, requires that asylum seekers have their asylum claim registered in the first country they arrive in, and that the decision of the first EU country they apply in, is the final decision in all EU countries.

No asylum seeker here has made it to this country direct. Explain that one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,913 ✭✭✭Cordell

Let's see how we get on, shall we.

There's a small percentage of aggrieved anti-immigrants in several parts of Europe but the great majority are clearly happy with the situation going by electoral results.

I don't think that it is happening, I don't think that there is a planned or not even an unplanned great replacement going on. I think it's all BS.
    But if it's not, it's not the kind of thing that we should see how it turns on. It's not going to be a different result this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,970 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Half of 17 = 8

I heard they made history optional in school, but is maths gone too?

Really? Shows what you know

No asylum seeker here has made it to this country direct. Explain that one.

Superseded by The Dublin III Regulation (No. 604/2013) was approved in June 2013, replacing the Dublin II Regulation, and applies to all member states except Denmark. It came into force on 19 July 2013. It is based on the same principle as the previous two, i. e., that the first Member State where finger prints are stored or an asylum claim is lodged is responsible for a person's asylum claim.

Short answer - where an asylum claim is lodged is where it will be dealt with. No need to thank me.

Superseded by The Dublin III Regulation (No. 604/2013) was approved in June 2013, replacing the Dublin II Regulation, and applies to all member states except Denmark. It came into force on 19 July 2013. It is based on the same principle as the previous two, i. e., that the first Member State where finger prints are stored or an asylum claim is lodged is responsible for a person's asylum claim.

Short answer - where an asylum claim is lodged is where it will be dealt with. No need to thank me.

So hiding in the back of a truck until you get to Ireland is a legitimate asylum seeker then? Not in the real world, those people would be getting put on the first plane or boat back to whatever EU country they came from if our government had any balls. Why should we cater to deceitful parasites clogging up the system here?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Boggles wrote: »
    I heard they made history optional in school, but is maths gone too?

Oh missed a .5

Who needs the klan when we have keyboard nazis

• Advertisement

Cordell wrote: »
    I don't think that it is happening, I don't think that there is a planned or not even an unplanned great replacement going on. I think it's all BS.
    But if it's not, it's not the kind of thing that we should see how it turns on. It's not going to be a different result this time.

Agreed. It's just some nonsense that originated in France. But I can see how people are fearful of others and the impact on the country they grew up in.
    To counter any unwanted immigration why aren't we pressuring our western governments more to stop selling arms to warring nations, cease propping up dictators and invest in economically deprived ones. But that ain't going to happen and refugees, asylum seekers and economic refugees will continue to head to the northern hemisphere.

So hiding in the back of a truck until you get to Ireland is a legitimate asylum seeker then? Not in the real world, those people would be getting put on the first plane or boat back to whatever EU country they came from if our government had any balls. Why should we cater to deceitful parasites clogging up the system here?

I'll happily accept your apology for your patronising post on asylum regulation. That turned out to be legally flawed.

No census in 2018.

The 2016 Census figure is 11.6%.

Figures are CSO 2018

Oh missed a .5

Who needs the klan when we have keyboard nazis

And failed to grasp the meaning of half again.

Plus quoted the Census figure of 2011 rather than 2016 for non-Irish nationals.

Yet another splendid day for you.

I'll happily accept your apology for your patronising post on asylum regulation. That turned out to be legally flawed.

You won’t be getting any apology from me pal, take your clueless bleeding heart elsewhere

You won’t be getting any apology from me pal, take your clueless bleeding heart elsewhere

Particularly ironic given your incorrect and patronising post.

Figures are CSO 2018

Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,757 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

People power wins.

The working class bite back.

Well see a real kick back from the media, property developers, the Govt in this.

Expect groups like Joe Loughnane to see significant increases in donations from the State and property developers.

Danzy wrote: »
    People power wins.

The working class bite back.

Well see a real kick back from the media, property developers, the Govt in this.

Expect groups like Joe Loughnane to see significant increases in donations from the State and property developers.

Not quite the make up of the protesters in Oughterard if you're referring to them. Mixed bunch across all social strata.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,970 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Danzy wrote: »

Joe Loughnane is a group? :confused:

The state don't give donations to "groups".

I have no idea who is, People Before Profit was the first thing the came up about him, so no I doubt property developers will be showering him with donations.

Laughable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Calhoun wrote: »
    They don't have Brexit happening beside them.

Why would we do that, we have agreed as member of the community to take them in. A community that we enjoy many benefits from and currently is protecting us from our neighbours who haven't always had our interest at heart?

Accepting refugees is not the issue in my opinion its the implementation that is the main issue.

We turned down the Nice Treaty. This veto was one of the reasons it was passed the second time. Why would you not want to ask the citizens of a country about something like this?? You do know the govt serve us, not the other way round.

We turned down the Nice Treaty. This veto was one of the reasons it was passed the second time. Why would you not want to ask the citizens of a country about something like this?? You do know the govt serve us, not the other way round.

Not going to change. We're never going to stop being a sanctuary for refugees.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭enricoh

Pathetic stuff from Higgins. He's not taking defeat well.

Never heard of this poet fella. If i was one of the two tds in the tweet I'd be seeing him in court.
    Like most open border clowns he probably has a pouch of amber leaf as assets!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

People using America, Australia, New Zealand as positives for migration. Worked out well for the Native American Indians, the Australian Aborigines the Maoris, or what's left of them anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭matt360

Not quite the make up of the protesters in Oughterard if you're referring to them. Mixed bunch across all social strata.

How do you know who was there protesting? Were you there?

US2 wrote: »
    People using America, Australia, New Zealand as positives for migration. Worked out well for the Native American Indians, the Australian Aborigines the Maoris, or what's left of them anyway.

Nuance ain't your thing, is it?

You missed the clear point that those opposed to immigration must thus be opposed to the historical immigration into the US, Australia, Brazil, NZ, etc. And thus opposed to the current societies there? That your point of view?

matt360 wrote: »
    How do you know who was there protesting? Were you there?

Yep. Dropped by. It's 20 mins away. I'm not in favour of the protests but I've also no beef with the people of Oughterard.

Locals are posting on this thread. They'll also clarify the make up of the people. It's definitely not a class thing.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Lol, more people from nowhere near Oughterard making up sh*t about Oughterard. Just like Balbriggan.

Locals are posting on this thread. They'll also clarify the make up of the people. It's definitely not a class thing.

Lol

• Advertisement

Faugheen wrote: »
    Lol, more people from nowhere near Oughterard making up sh*t about Oughterard. Just like Balbriggan.

Of course they are because it’s not a problem that affects them - they are more than happy to come online and show how woke they are though. Such pious little things.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement