Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

oughterard people - see OP for Mod warning 29/09/19

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,566 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

HailSatan wrote: »
    In fact you could be all for gay rights and women's rights and be very very much in favour of being extremely choosy about who you let it, especially from certain cultures and countries.

Not your choice. Or mine. But that of the assessors of asylum seekers. Anyone fleeing war, persecution or a natural disaster are welcome in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Anyone fleeing war, persecution or a natural disaster are welcome in Europe.

Just not oughterard or other places

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 328 ✭✭HailSatan

Not your choice. Or mine. But that of the assessors of asylum seekers. Anyone fleeing war, persecution or a natural disaster are welcome in Europe.

Let the creeps and the nonces **** off to Germany to suck off Merkels teats.

Gatling wrote: »
    Just not oughterard or other places

Why not? The locals in Oughterard have clearly and consistently said that refugees are welcome, just not in such great numbers.

You're never getting the Ireland of De Valera back. Best to make peace with that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 559 ✭✭✭PostWoke

Great results lads, shows that even if all seems out of our hands with proper protest we can exercise democracy in Ireland. Keep pushing.

Wonder where they'll try to sneak them in instead.

Actually Ireland is a democracy, so it literally should be our collective choice. Also, I don't mind any taking in anyone who's lives are actually in danger, but unfortunately those genuine cases are getting wrapped up into one package with asylum scammers coming over in dinghies. That's a problem. Mostly it's going to be a problem for genuine cases.

• Advertisement

PostWoke wrote: »
    Great results lads, shows that even if all seems out of our hands with proper protest we can exercise democracy in Ireland. Keep pushing.

Imagine if they did land them near those most vocally in favour of more and more and more DP

Let the creeps and the nonces **** off to Germany to suck off Merkels teats.

Welcome to the thread. Always knew there was space for a virulent xenophobe.

You're never getting the Ireland of De Valera back.

Wtf you went from lying about deportation to dinosaur's to De Valera seriously seek professional help

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Actually Ireland is a democracy, so it literally should be our collective choice. Also, I don't mind any taking in anyone who's lives are actually in danger, but unfortunately those genuine cases are getting wrapped up into one package with asylum scammers coming over in dinghies. That's a problem. Mostly it's going to be a problem for genuine cases.

No, we're a democratic republic, which isn't the same thing.

Welcome to the thread. Always knew there was space for a virulent xenophobe.

Yawn.

Explain.

Are you saying there are no people hanging around in DP for appeal after appeal who are just not welcome even if they were genuine?

• Advertisement

Odhinn wrote: »
    No, we're a democratic republic

Ruled from Brussels apparently

Did I miss an election? Otherwise I've not seen democracy in action by any definition of the word.

If you want us out of the Refugee Convention and Protocol then vote for a party who will remove us from such. But it's never going to happen. We're never going to isolate ourselves from the rest of the United Nations community.

Dear Jesus, please save Gatling from anti-euro nonsense,

Yours truly,
    Odhinn

Did I miss an election? Otherwise I've not seen democracy in action by any definition of the word.

If you want us out of the Refugee Convention and Protocol then vote for a party who will remove us from such. But it's never going to happen. We're never going to isolate ourselves from the rest of the United Nations community.

Yawn.

Why bother with the election if what we as a people want for our country doesn't matter?

Wtf you went from lying about deportation to dinosaur's to De Valera seriously seek professional help

Transference ain't working. Persistent lies you were pulled up on remain on the thread. Your credibility is shot but hey, thanks for the advice.

Imagine if they did land them near those most vocally in favour of more and more and more DP

No issue with that if you bother reading the thread.

Dear Jesus, please save Gatling from anti-euro nonsense,

Yours truly,
    Odhinn

This the other fella searun that says we have no voice and apparently don't deserve a voice.

Do you agree with him?

No issue with that if you bother reading the thread.

I wasn't talking to you. This thread isn't actually all about you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭HorrorScope

Faugheen wrote: »
    Why on earth is someone not allowed to have an opinion without being called ‘woke’ ‘virtue-signalling’ and any other tripe names that originated from American far-right groups.

Like actually piss off and have a discussion without resorting to that ****e like you’re above everyone.

Because all you have is vacuous bull**** tiny violin statements to make - you’re so concerned about the evil people of Oughterard without questioning why. You want to be a beacon of tolerance and hope against all logic or local concern, just so you can show how “woke” you are to the “plight” of economic migrants.

So if anybody needs to piss off it’s your types because you haven’t a ****ing clue, just hollow empty bull**** sound bites to make.

This the other fella searun that says we have no voice and apparently don't deserve a voice.

Do you agree with him?

You might post links to his posts that extol that, if you'd be as good.

• Advertisement

In the mindset of those with finite political understanding.

Dear Jesus, please save Gatling from anti-euro

I like Europe just don't like we're being bent over a table on a regular basis based off decisions by people in other countries we haven't elected.

Now bring on the EU army and we can have secure borders with tighter access

Yawn.

Why bother with the election if what we as a people want for our country doesn't matter?

Plenty of xenophobes claiming popular support but somehow it's never reflected in elections here. And the above post confirms that the poster is aware that his views are getting nowhere.

I like Europe just don't like we're being bent over a table on a regular basis based off decisions by people in other countries we haven't elected.

We signed up to the Geneva conventions on human rights and refugees long before we were members of the EU.

Plenty of xenophobes claiming popular support but somehow it's never reflected in elections here. And the above post confirms that the poster is aware that his views are getting nowhere.

You might post links to his posts that extol that, if you'd be as good.

In the mindset of those with

Invisible dinosaur's ..

Bible study maybe

We signed up to the Geneva conventions on

Does it cover economic migrants and scam artists

I wasn't talking to you. This thread isn't actually all about you.

You were addressing people in favour of the asylum process. I fit that bill. If you want to censor people then entering a discussion on boards.ie is an odd way to approach that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Hey lads no point arguing anymore. It's over know for this centre. Common sense prevailed and the right decision was made for once and the people of oughterard should be commended for the stance they made.

• Advertisement

Does it cover economic migrants and scam artists

Nice try. The fact is that the EU is not responsible for the states approach to refugees.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement