Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

oughterard people - see OP for Mod warning 29/09/19

Options
1100101102103104106»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,884 ✭✭✭enricoh

Immigration was the deciding factor in brexit passing and people are starting questioning its benefit to ireland. And especially the scam artists in the asylum industry.
    Does ireland get everyone that was heading to the uk once brexit raises the drawbridge?
    A points based system is required pronto, our welfare rates are too much of an attraction.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,562 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Because all you have is vacuous bull**** tiny violin statements to make - you’re so concerned about the evil people of Oughterard without questioning why. You want to be a beacon of tolerance and hope against all logic or local concern, just so you can show how “woke” you are to the “plight” of economic migrants.

So if anybody needs to piss off it’s your types because you haven’t a ****ing clue, just hollow empty bull**** sound bites to make.

An odd thing to say about them. A few pals and family there and you would be better off measuring your language.

And why all the anger? If so convinced of your righteousness then provide facts and not just bile.

Gatling wrote: »
    I like Europe just don't like we're being bent over a table on a regular basis based off decisions by people in other countries we haven't elected.

Now bring on the EU army and we can have secure borders with tighter access

Any examples?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 328 ✭✭HailSatan

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    You were addressing people in favour of the asylum process. I fit that bill. If you want to censor people then entering a discussion on boards.ie is an odd way to approach that.

Next week you'll be spouting the "free speech is not a right on boards.ie" thing again when it suits you.

Scutter away.

Condolences. The bums lost. My advice is to do what your parents did; get a job, sir. The bums will always lose.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 328 ✭✭HailSatan

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Any examples?

Merkel whipping enda into shape on diesel emissions

• Advertisement

Invisible dinosaur's ..

Bible study maybe

A different poster. Keep up.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Faugheen wrote: »
    Why on earth is someone not allowed to have an opinion without being called ‘woke’ ‘virtue-signalling’ and any other tripe names that originated from American far-right groups.

Like actually piss off and have a discussion without resorting to that ****e like you’re above everyone.

Because all you have is vacuous bull**** tiny violin statements to make - you’re so concerned about the evil people of Oughterard without questioning why. You want to be a beacon of tolerance and hope against all logic or local concern, just so you can show how “woke” you are to the “plight” of economic migrants.

So if anybody needs to piss off it’s your types because you haven’t a ****ing clue, just hollow empty bull**** sound bites to make.

Find me one post where I said the people of Oughterard were wrong in their concerns or that they were wrong to protest, or that I pretended to know more than the people of Oughterard.

Go ahead, just one.

My post is about the likes of you using labels to describe people who have a different opinion to you and the likes of you just can’t wait to throw out your adopted phrases from our friends across the Atlantic.

Maybe, just maybe you might want to actually have a conversation with people without throwing out the usual, boring ‘virtual signalling’, ‘perpetually offended’, ‘woke’ bull****. You are the one not engaging. You are the one being provocative, and you are the one having discussions in bad faith because you can’t wait for the opportunity to throw out the labels that you have absolutely no idea what they mean.

It’s all the same bull****. How can you expect for anyone to take you seriously when you just constantly churn out the same nonsense over and over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Odhinn wrote: »
    Nice try. The fact is that the EU is not responsible for the states approach to refugees.

So that would be a no so the Geneva convention doesn't cover economic migrants

HailSatan wrote: »
    You might post links to his posts that extol that, if you'd be as good.

Through the thread. You've just joined. Read through and skip the indolence.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 559 ✭✭✭PostWoke

No, we're a democratic republic, which isn't the same thing.

republic
    /rɪˈpʌblɪk/
    Learn to pronounce
    noun
    a state in which supreme power is held by the people and their elected representatives, and which has an elected or nominated president rather than a monarch.

• Advertisement

Nice try. The fact is that the EU is not responsible for the states approach to refugees.

The Geneva Convention covers international law.

Geneva is also in Switzerland, which isn’t in the EU.

Seriously, have you any idea what you’re talking about?

I'm sure Celine Dion will be topping playlists in galway tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 8,086 ✭✭✭Odhinn

It's a non-sequitur, as the process exists to identify and reject such individuals, by criteria other than the bias of a segment of society.

Does the Geneva convention cover economic migrants yes or no

I didn't bring it up but hey

• Registered Users Posts: 15,471 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

If ppl want us out of the Geneva convention then VOTE for parties that say they will do it. No point voting for ff fg sf Labour etc then complaining.

HailSatan wrote: »
    Next week you'll be spouting the "free speech is not a right on boards.ie" thing again when it suits you.

Scutter away.

Condolences. The bums lost. My advice is to do what your parents did; get a job, sir. The bums will always lose.

Hilariously ironic. You realise you were telling me not to post?

And no need for condolences, I'd prefer the DPC in Galway rather than Oughterard. More appropriate. Hopefully that will now happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

What a great, great victory. Now on to the next town that they want to destroy.

Does it cover economic migrants yes or no

What has the Geneva Convention got to do with Brussels imposing all its powers on us?

Seriously, get the boat over beyond, you sound like a rabid Brexiteer.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,128 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OK, it's not to do with oughterard any more, and rather than threadbanning most of those who continue to post in this thread, I'm closing it up

I know it may just result in those looking to have an argument moving on elsewhere, but I'll be on the lookout for that sort of stuff - one or two of you are on thin ice in this forum

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement