Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

oughterard people - see OP for Mod warning 29/09/19

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

Anything to Aoibhin/Doireann? I wouldn't be one bit surprised if he is. They are from Doolin which is 10 mins from Lisdoonvarna and they do have an uncle Joe. If so then he would be the perfect interviewee for RTE.:rolleyes:

https://www.breakingnews.ie/discover/garrihy-sisters-on-board-to-launch-star-of-doolin-ferry-to-aran-islands-847082.html

No relation at all

It may have worked with 15 countries at a similar level of First World living standards. But bolting on countries that won't be net contributors when you lose a huge contributor like Britain, is a recipe for disaster.

Ah here, let's be realistic, Ireland was dirt poor prior to joining the EU. Access to EU has made us a wealthy nation, there is no reason it wouldn't do the same for the Balkan states in time.

I am still hopeful a way to avoid Brexit can be found.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

WB Yokes wrote:
    Fancies himself as a bit of a hardman this Loughnane fella

He failed in politics in college and he is continuing to fail in politics now (recently the local elections) very weird group of people his clan. Go to Galway United matches stand in the same spot and display Palestine flags.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭jackboy

Ah here, let's be realistic, Ireland was dirt poor prior to joining the EU. Access to EU has made us a wealthy nation, there is no reason it wouldn't do the same for the Balkan states in time.

We are not a wealthy nation. We have a debt of 200 billion. We have spent a heap of other people’s money. That is easily done but eventually a day of reckoning will come.

jackboy wrote: »
    We are not a wealthy nation. We have a debt of 200 billion. We have spent a heap of other people’s money. That is easily done but eventually a day of reckoning will come.

I can take your point, makes all the more reason to be circumspect about who migration tbh.

• Advertisement

vriesmays wrote: »
    The Irish emigrated to Canada/Britain/Australia/America so the Albanians/Georgians/Nigerians/Somalians/Pakistanis are entitled to come here.

I can gaurantee that almost none of those Irish who emigrated to the above EVER knew/heard/or researched beforehand anything about the social welfare or benefits or freebies they could get on arrival in the country.
    I can guarantee that the ones you say are entitled to come here know everything that is on offer here.
    We Irish go to work, to save, to experience another culture.
    These guys come here whist rubbing their hands and singing treasure Ireland.
    Let them apply for visas beforehand like we have to, work visas. Then they are entitled to come here.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Achebe

Joe Loughnane is a decent and principled anti-racism activist. I had the pleasure of working alongside him for many years, and he has done incalculable good for the people of Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Achebe wrote: »
    Joe Loughnane is a decent and principled anti-racism activist. I had the pleasure of working alongside him for many years, and he has done incalculable good for the people of Galway.

0/10, you're better than this.

It's always funny to see keyboard warriors having a go at somebody who actually goes out and gets involved in politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭enricoh

He said himself he's in college 10 years?!

• Advertisement

Hello Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

How exactly would you describe/define 'working'?
    9-5 hard slog type stuff or attending '1 man and his dog type' endless meetings and protests?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

This is either joe himself or some one who doesnt know and has never met joe.

the mans a walking parasite who only cares about his own petty self image

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

He failed in politics in college and he is continuing to fail in politics now (recently the local elections) very weird group of people his clan. Go to Galway United matches stand in the same spot and display Palestine flags.

Nothing says "I love this Country" like waving another Country's flag. If this dip**** loves Palestine so much then why doesn't he move there?

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Nothing says "I love this Country" like waving another Country's flag. If this dip**** loves Palestine so much then why doesn't he move there?

id say this is the most attention he has ever got in his whole sad little life

probably pulling the stomach out of him self in a bed sit some where in galway right now

I actually know Joe well. I canvassed for him many times. He is a decent man who stands up for the marginalized in our society.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Doblin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭lola85

I actually know Joe well. I canvassed for him many times. He is a decent man who stands up for the marginalized in our society.

Who’s marginalized?

lola85 wrote: »
    Who’s marginalized?

Travellers, people of colour, the LGBt community.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

Basically another left wing quack

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭lola85

Ah Jaysus.

JohnMc1 wrote: »

I suppose all the people waving US flags to welcome Pence or Obama should move to the US then.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Doblin wrote: »

Did they change the meaning of decade? and how is it interesting? its a thread on the regional forum talking about the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭h2005

Calhoun wrote: »
    Did they change the meaning of decade? and how is it interesting? its a thread on the regional forum talking about the area.

Jesus it’s 8 years old, talk about splitting hairs!

Oughterard will have a DP/Reception centre come what may.

And will all be forgotten in a few weeks. Just like Ballaghaderdeen and Lisdoonvarna and so on.

And on we go.

Unless we have more fires, like we did with the other hotel.

Either way the damage to the government has been done, Stanton really put his foot in it by basically saying there is no consultation at all.

Big problem they have now is that people know they aren't going to get a fair shout not matter what happens on it, no consultation so why play by the rules.

h2005 wrote: »
    Jesus it’s 8 years old, talk about splitting hairs!

Well I was more interested in the random dump of a regional thread talking about an area. I was wondering what point the OP was trying o make about the racists in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭h2005

Calhoun wrote: »
    Well I was more interested in the random dump of a regional thread talking about an area. I was wondering what point the OP was trying o make about the racists in the area.

That they’re klannish??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Care to mention what?

h2005 wrote: »
    That they’re klannish??

Another word for klannish which also came up on the thread was close knit community. I have an idea what the OP is trying to allude to but i dont want to put words in their mouth.

I just love however that again its the local community who need to be demonized and not the government for their piss poor implementation.

Next we will see some pro immigrant groups come up and in a couple of weeks a nice little soft story about some local "hero" who welcomes all.

• Advertisement

seems like the sort of person who wouldn't be a new reg on boards o maybe im just a cynic ...........

Joe is a social parasite and if you canvassed for him you are not doing any good for anyone especially for his mental health issues

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement