Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

oughterard people - see OP for Mod warning 29/09/19

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 370 ✭✭WB Yokes

And you honestly believe that.

'wise up'.

What percentage of people refused asylum are actually deported?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Geuze wrote: »
    Is there any way AS claims could be dealt with in airports / ports, within 7 days, so we could then end direct provision?

There are tons of ways but the whole point of the current system is to make it horrendous, based on the notion that these people are just scroungers here to live off social welfare or derkerrjerbs.

Ironically, anyone willing to go through all that sh1t to essentially be a prisoner in a foreign country has surely proven the seriousness of their situation but still they get no rights.

I used to work beside the Immigration place on Mount St and people threatened with deportation regularly threatened to hang themselves or set themselves on fire on site. A bit of an extreme reaction when faced with losing your dilapidated chalet in Mosney and €19 a week I would have thought. Don't think it ever made the news mind...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,335 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Ironically, anyone willing to go through all that sh1t to essentially be a prisoner in a foreign country has surely proven the seriousness of their situation but still they get no rights.

Prisoner?

AS are free to leave DP at any time.

Some are waiting for their first decision. These need to be done faster.

The rest choose to appeal, and appeal, and appeal.

They are not "stuck in DP", they choose to appeal the decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,281 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

WB Yokes wrote: »

Anything below 100% is unacceptable

• Registered Users Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Prisoner?

AS are free to leave DP at any time.

Some are waiting for their first decision. These need to be done faster.

The rest choose to appeal, and appeal, and appeal.

They are not "stuck in DP", they choose to appeal the decision.

They're appealing to not be deported back to the place they fled, not because they love direct provision so much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

And you honestly believe that.

'wise up'.

That’s what actually happens. What do you believe happens?

All that don’t leave under their own steam - which is the majority.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

alastair wrote: »
    All that don’t leave under their own steam - which is the majority.

Hahahaha hahahahaha hahahahaha.

Wait, are you serious?

Is there any way AS claims could be dealt with in airports / ports, within 7 days, so we could then end direct provision?

The delay in asylum applications is in investigating the claim. It doesn’t matter when the application begins.

Wait, are you serious?

Yes. That’s what happens. You think there’s a bunch of refused asylum seekers living underground, with no means of employment or support, that nobody notices?

• Advertisement

Yes. That’s what happens. You think there’s a bunch of refused asylum seekers living underground, with no means of employment or support, that nobody notices?

Your naivete is astounding in this day and age.

I’m not the one propagating fairy tales. Where are these supposed refused asylum seekers then? Because they’re certainly not evident to the Gardai, who only had to enforce deportation orders on 10% of those served notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ruraldweller56

He no more believes that's what actually happens than I do.

He no more believes that's what actually happens than I do.

Your alternate belief is based on what, exactly?

Tasfasdf wrote: »
    Of course you arent:rolleyes:

Nope. Evidence to the contrary?

Wait, are you serious?

No one could be that naive, surely?

Nope. Evidence to the contrary?

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/case-of-bray-boy-facing-deportation-not-tenable-just-or-fair-1.3670568

Refused asylum, refused leave to remain. Still in Ireland. Took all of 2 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

They up n leave of their own free will don't ya know after coming from fook knows where.
    What exactly is the acceptance for asylum here. Two guys from same country. 1 rejected other not. Theres a war in his town but not the other fellas?

2ndcoming wrote: »
    They're appealing to not be deported back to the place they fled, not because they love direct provision so much.

Please note many AS are bogus, they are Asian males fleeing, wait for it.......................the UK.

Yes, please see section 3.4 here:

https://www.esri.ie/system/files?file=media/file-uploads/2018-06/RS72.pdf

Many people refused asylum are given "leave to remain".

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 39,967 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

They up n leave of their own free will don't ya know after coming from fook knows where.

Yeah they do.
    Any person who is the subject of a deportation order is legally obliged to remove themselves from the State.
    Figures show that a total of 181 people chose to return home voluntarily in 2017. Of that number, 96 were assisted by the International Organisation for Migration (IOM), with funding provided by the Department of
    Justice and Equality

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ruraldweller56

I know a guy. Let's just say he's 'Asian'. He's got full citizenship now. But for a good while he was here and not permitted to work. He wound up taking a job in one of these oriental restaurants getting paid something like €3-4 and hour.

I'm not derailing this into a discussion about business ethics but suffice to say surviving here under the radar can be done. Easily seemingly.

I don't think he was here as an asylum seeker. In fact I'm pretty sure he wasn't. But the point stands.

Please note many AS are bogus, they are Asian males fleeing, wait for it.......................the UK.

Yes, please see section 3.4 here:

https://www.esri.ie/system/files?file=media/file-uploads/2018-06/RS72.pdf

They are pouring in over the border from the North. Sure didnt that maniac that stabbed the japanese guy in Dundalk come in via Larne.

I wonder how hes getting on.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/case-of-bray-boy-facing-deportation-not-tenable-just-or-fair-1.3670568

Refused asylum, refused leave to remain. Still in Ireland. Took all of 2 seconds.

Perhaps you should have invested more than two seconds? Nobody was refused asylum in that case - since none was claimed. Leena Mei Mei Xue isn’t a refused asylum seeker.

Many people refused asylum are given "leave to remain".

Nope. Some are, and they’re included in the stats for approvals.

I know a guy. Let's just say he's 'Asian'. He's got full citizenship now. But for a good while he was here and not permitted to work. He wound up taking a job in one of these oriental restaurants getting paid something like €3-4 and hour.

I'm not derailing this into a discussion about business ethics but suffice to say surviving here under the radar can be done. Easily seemingly.

I don't think he was here as an asylum seeker. In fact I'm pretty sure he wasn't. But the point stands.

Over 180 that we know of were driving taxis. And they are just the ones we know about. Illegal immigrants driving public service vehicles.

What exactly is the acceptance for asylum here. Two guys from same country. 1 rejected other not. Theres a war in his town but not the other fellas?

Nope - they’re served with deportation orders. They leave under those orders.

Perhaps you should have invested more than two seconds? Nobody was refused asylum in that case - since none was claimed. Leena Mei Mei Xue isn’t a refused asylum seeker.

"Eric's mother Leena Mei Mei Xue, was 19 when she arrived in Ireland illegally in 2006." - My mistake she was just a plain old illegal alien.

• Advertisement

Well it doesn’t. Because he wasn’t issued with a deportation order, was he? All refused asylum seekers are, and your pal was most likely working a student visa, as most illegal Asian workers here are. It allows legitimate entry here which isn’t particularly under the radar.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement