Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

oughterard people - see OP for Mod warning 29/09/19

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Wibbling wonder

Boggles wrote: »
    Why would anyone believe an anonymous new reg on the internet that has just sprung up out of nowhere? Also balanced? good man yeah. :rolleyes:

She claims her family have nothing to with the hotel and even if she did there is zero excuse for Muldoon justice terrorizing some family with kids.

I have to say if you are from the area you are painting a very bleak picture of at least some of the residents, yourself included.

Fine

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 370 ✭✭WB Yokes

I know that this is a public forum so I'll try to be as balanced as possible. The "innocent" family is still the registered owner of the hotel and has been presenting quite a few conflicting arguments about what has happened. Some of their activities over the last few days have been questionable to put it mildly. It may well be that the new owner hasn't been registered yet but it appears they are still very closely linked to the hotel and what is currently going on there.

Having said that, I know this must be very uncomfortable for her but the phrase "you reap what you sow" springs to mind.

There will be a mysterious fire soon enough in that place.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

My favourite part was when the Balbriggan native argued with non-Balbriggan natives about the myths surrounding Balbriggan which is peddled by the bigots who are clearly so pissed off with life that they need to point the finger at the non-white people.

Nice to see Micahel Collins TD coming out in support of Noel Grealish. Looks like those looking for an apology will be left disapointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Faugheen wrote: »
    My favourite part was when the Balbriggan native argued with non-Balbriggan natives about the myths surrounding Balbriggan which is peddled by the bigots who are clearly so pissed off with life that they need to point the finger at the non-white people.

See poster above for case in point.

• Advertisement

alastair wrote: »
    See post above for case in point.

Change the record lads. We dont give a shìt about your accusations of racism. Go cry somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,970 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

WB Yokes wrote: »
    Nice to see Micahel Collins TD coming out in support of Noel Grealish. Looks like those looking for an apology will be left disapointed.

Meanwhile Noel has become Ireland's newest Hide and Seek champion.

You think he would at least have the balls to face up his racism.

Own his comments and defend them with you know facts.

Absolute coward, but hardly surprising.

Fair play to him. A man of the people. Saying what needs to be said.

Change the record lads. We dont give a shìt about your accusations of racism. Go cry somewhere else.

Not to worry, I’m having a grand laugh at your clown show.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,970 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

A man of the people wouldn't run scared like the absolute racist coward he is.

Where's wally Noel

• Advertisement

Not to worry, I’m having a grand laugh at your clown show.

Im sure you are. Whatever your into and all that. Some of your waffle was funny enough too i suppose. Thanks for your contribution.

A man of the people wouldn't run scared like the absolute racist coward he is.

Where's wally Noel

He really go to you didnt he. I approve.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭PMBC

Jesus, is there anywhere on our small island that is free from these centres nowadays?
    Yes. MullingAR, TULLAMORE

Im sure you are. Whatever your into and all that. Some of your waffle was funny enough too i suppose. Thanks for your contribution.

Just pointing out that you’ve, once again, managed to not understand what’s going on around you.

Just pointing out that you’ve, once again, managed to not understand what’s going on around you.

People dont want DP centres in the area. End of story. Deal with it because youll be seeing plenty more of oppposition to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

People dont want DP centres in the area. End of story. Deal with it because youll be seeing plenty more of oppposition to it.

I'd say ya may as well give. Wasting your time trying to convince some on here

I’m talking about your personal posts.

I'd say ya may as well give. Wasting your time trying to convince some on here

We’ve an obligation to asylum seekers. They’ll be living somewhere. You need to resign yourself to that fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

We’ve an obligation to asylum seekers. They’ll be living somewhere. You need to resign yourself to that fact.

Iv no obligation to anyone but providing for my family thanks and that's hard enough. If your so concerned join a charity. Better yet fly out there and help people in GENUINE need of help. See that word.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

We’ve an obligation to asylum seekers. They’ll be living somewhere.

No we don't, they can f*** off back to their own country and live there, and that goes for anyone looking to immigrate to Ireland

Ireland is no condition from a, financial, housing, or healthcare prospective.

Ireland cant be the worlds lifeboat when we cant even take care of our homegrown homeless

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

Someone in this thread must be a father of millions with the amount of sons he has.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

The only ones responsible for criminal behavior is criminals.

Whether that be terrorizing an innocent family or trying to burn down hotels.

There is zero excuse for it.

So you agree that criminals that break Irish immigration laws should be punished. The current punishment is repatriation. There is zero excuse for it, after all.

Goes against what you said a few posts up. Or do you get to chose what crimes are crimes??

We have no obligation to take hordes of men off NGO water taxis in the Med. We have no obligation to take people from Italy or any other EU country.

See post above for case in point.

I thought this was a discussion forum?

A ‘Man of the people’ who ‘sponges’ 45k in unvouched expenses.

Faugheen wrote: »
    A ‘Man of the people’ who ‘sponges’ 45k in unvouched expenses.

Where are you seeing these unvouched expenses?? I’ve had a look and couldn’t find them. Would like to see what my local “representatives” claimed.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 CelticSeaShip

Seems like some of the locals are "terrorizing" a family that is connected to the man who use own the hotel.

Poor form if that is true and hopefully they are arrested and charged.

That's very disappointing to read. The two people who spoke on primetime last week from oughterard spoke well and were sound in their reasoning and logic. They believe that their village doesn't have the capacity or the services to take 250 people. I find it hard to believe that the oughterard protesters started targeting the previous hotel owners because that makes no sense. Are they hoping to put pressure on the previous owner to backtrack on any deals made?

I agree with you, hopefully whoever is behind the protesting of the previous owner will be arrested.

There's something in my mind thinking if it's organic. I mean in relation to the protesting of the previous owner. I'm not the biggest fan of Gemma O'Doherty but I watched a video from her and she said don't be surprised if in a few days you get a get a few new people or plants within the protests to discredit the protest or something like that. Another possibility would perhaps be a career protester. There's a few of them on YouTube. They like taking videos of their protesting on matters but I find some of them very hostile and ignorant in their protesting ways. It's possible that protesters not even from Galway took a trip out to Connemara to do some protesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,281 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Where are you seeing these unvouched expenses?? I’ve had a look and couldn’t find them. Would like to see what my local “representatives” claimed.

they won't link you the list, the 'left' and the shinners run rings around other politicians in expenses claims. 45k is probably on the low side.

https://www.sipo.ie/reports-and-publications/state-financing/expenditure-of-the-parlia/PAA-TDs.pdf
    In 2018 Grealish spent 27k

John Halligan spent 33k
    Maureen Osullivan 35k
    Katherine Zappone 28k

• Registered Users Posts: 46 CelticSeaShip

We have no obligation to take hordes of men off NGO water taxis in the Med. We have no obligation to take people from Italy or any other EU country.

That was FG sucking up and showing off to Germanys Merkel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,932 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

This issue is getting heated now. But we will take them in anyway.

War and the UN who choose from those zones are within our agreements. That's ok IMV.

I suppose everyone here in DP (outside of warzones selected by UN) is either gay, beaten up, religiously hated, or has no money. (apart from what was paid to the traffickers).

We can be so naive about this really. It is organised.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement