Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

oughterard people - see OP for Mod warning 29/09/19

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Faugheen wrote: »
    A ‘Man of the people’ who ‘sponges’ 45k in unvouched expenses.

If he keeps speaking up about the problem we have with alot of our so called asylum seekers he's well worth his 45k in my eyes.
    There is alot more claiming far more and will not dare to speak the truth incase they lose their cushy positions.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,281 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

If he keeps speaking up about the problem we have with alot of our so called asylum seekers he's well worth his 45k in my eyes.
    There is alot more claiming far more and will not dare to speak the truth incase they lose their cushy positions.

if he pulls a peter casey and starts talking about the travellers ill allow him 60k

• Registered Users Posts: 15,932 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Reality is, this will happen now. Can't see anything different WRT Ballaghadereen and places like it.

Brace, Brace.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,281 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Reality is, this will happen now. Can't see anything different WRT Ballaghadereen and places like it.

Brace, Brace.

id imagine the owner of the building has upped the fire damage insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Faugheen wrote: »
    A ‘Man of the people’ who ‘sponges’ 45k in unvouched expenses.

There is no fear of Grealish losing his seat .He works pretty hard for his constituents compared to some I've dealt with and is far from a racist IMO .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,932 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Bullocks wrote: »
    There is no fear of Grealish losing his seat .He works pretty hard for his constituents compared to some I've dealt with and is far from a racist IMO .

He is reflecting the wishes of his constituency. Good for him.

Takes bottle to say what he did in the face of the Politically Correct media and so on.

Let's see what happens. I bet there will be a DP centre in the old hotel in the end, I don't think any community succeeded in keeping them out (their words), apart from the fires in certain hotels.

Uh oh. Remember those places razed to the ground and not a word about arrests or anything else. Hmm.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

Boggles wrote: »
    It's a fact not a card son, over stayers do not rile up the racists on here or elsewhere like asylum seekers do.

How many threads are going on about asylum seekers compared with illegal over stayers from China, Brazil and Philippines, etc?

I'll give you a hint none.

Bozo is on about giving .5 million of them amnesty.

Tumbleweed!

The only one trying to rile people is yourself.

You are seeing racists where there are none.

You strike me as one of those people who can't sleep well at night unless you've called someone a racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

It's all very disturbing how things are going in this country, on one hand we're getting 1,000s of Sponges coming in and on the other hand we have a (Brain Drain) 1,000s of qualified people are getting out of this shiet hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,970 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

You strike me as one of those people who can't sleep well at night unless you've called someone a racist.

Jaysus that is some snowflaking.

If someone is acting racist they get called racist.

If someone is acting the bollix they get called a bollix.

What are you struggling with here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

Jaysus that is some snowflaking.

If someone is acting racist they get called racist.

If someone is acting the bollix they get called a bollix.

What are you struggling with here?

And if someone is your son they get called son. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Ah the old racism card. I was wondering when you'd play that.

Australia stops people entering their county regardless of their race or colour, if they don't have a good reason to be in the country. No-one calls them racists. Although you probably would.

Everyone calls Australians racist though.

Have you ever been there? They are.

No we don't, they can f*** off back to their own country and live there, and that goes for anyone looking to immigrate to Ireland

See when people talk about elected legislators and their cowardly bullying words being dangerous.

Above is a direct net effect of it.

Certain people feel embolden to put on the record absolute lunacy based off nothing more than fear and scaremongering.

That's why absolute fúcktards like Noel "4 grand a month unvouched expenses" Grealish need to be called out for what they are.

Incidentally has he come out of hiding yet?

That's very disappointing to read. The two people who spoke on primetime last week from oughterard spoke well and were sound in their reasoning and logic. They believe that their village doesn't have the capacity or the services to take 250 people. I find it hard to believe that the oughterard protesters started targeting the previous hotel owners because that makes no sense. Are they hoping to put pressure on the previous owner to backtrack on any deals made?

I agree with you, hopefully whoever is behind the protesting of the previous owner will be arrested.

There's something in my mind thinking if it's organic. I mean in relation to the protesting of the previous owner. I'm not the biggest fan of Gemma O'Doherty but I watched a video from her and she said don't be surprised if in a few days you get a get a few new people or plants within the protests to discredit the protest or something like that. Another possibility would perhaps be a career protester. There's a few of them on YouTube. They like taking videos of their protesting on matters but I find some of them very hostile and ignorant in their protesting ways. It's possible that protesters not even from Galway took a trip out to Connemara to do some protesting.

You had me, until there.

Tut Tut!

No we don't, they can f*** off back to their own country and live there, and that goes for anyone looking to immigrate to Ireland

See when people talk about elected legislators and their cowardly bullying words being dangerous.

Above is a direct net effect of it.

Certain people feel embolden to put on the record absolute lunacy based off nothing more than fear and scaremongering.

That's why absolute fúcktards like Noel "4 grand a month unvouched expenses" Grealish need to be called out for what they are.

Incidentally has he come out of hiding yet?
    You say it like he is the only politician claiming unvouched expenses ???How many have you met or dealt with ? I know from my own experience that he is one of the more honest , open and helpful politicians I've met down through the years

You say it like he is the only politician claiming unvouched expenses ???How many have you met or dealt with ? I know from my own experience that he is one of the more honest , open and helpful politicians I've met down through the years

Was that in 2013 when his unvouched expenses exceeded 50+ grand?

A grand a week in expenses, what could he have been buying. :confused:

Do you know?

Sure you don't, they are a secret.

Neck like a jokeys bollix.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 370 ✭✭WB Yokes

Do you know?

Worth every penny.

WB Yokes wrote: »
    Worth every penny.

He draws it down in Sterling? It gets worse. :eek:

I wonder was he using it to prop up his failing business which eventually collapsed with 540k of unpaid debts.

Do you know?

Probably a very busy year for him , expenses wise .I wouldn't know what he spent it on no more than what any of the other politician spent theirs on . 
    No more than yourself I don't like all these unvouched expenses all these politicians use and are allowed to use but its really a subject to be tackling them about when they come around canvassing again for the next term of unvouched expenses .It probably won't change though because as you said about Grealish having a neck like a jockeys bollix so is very other bollix resting on a bench in the Dail as tough any jockey .
    But anyways what has that got to do with DP centre in Oughterard ?

No more than yourself I don't like all these unvouched expenses all these politicians use and are allowed to use

Well they have the clear option to have their expenses vouched, Noel was one of only a couple of TD's in Galway who insisted on remain unvouched.

Nothing really.

But when the bould Noel is labeling people spongers he really should have a look in the mirror.

He has zero credibility when it turns out he is an absolute pro at milking the system for every cent that can be got.

Not to mention leaving suppliers some who probably are constituents out of pocket by over half a million euro.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 370 ✭✭WB Yokes

Probably a very busy year for him , expenses wise .I wouldn't know what he spent it on no more than what any of the other politician spent theirs on . 
    No more than yourself I don't like all these unvouched expenses all these politicians use and are allowed to use but its really a subject to be tackling them about when they come around canvassing again for the next term of unvouched expenses .It probably won't change though because as you said about Grealish having a neck like a jockeys bollix so is very other bollix resting on a bench in the Dail as tough any jockey .

The people of Oughterard know better than anyone what is and isnt good for them and their town and that should be respected by everyone.

• Advertisement

No more than yourself I don't like all these unvouched expenses all these politicians use and are allowed to use

Well they have the clear option to have their expenses vouched, Noel was one of  only a couple of TD's in Galway who insisted on remain unvouched.

Nothing really.

But when the bould Noel is labeling people spongers he really should have a look in the mirror.

He has zero credibility when it turns out he is an absolute pro at milking the system for every cent that can be got.

Not to mention leaving suppliers some who probably are constituents out of pocket by over half a million euro.
    In the article I read it said he was still paying the debt back and had paid the employees redundancy out of his own pocket when the company had no money left .
    You asked me for links yesterday for a story but quote bits of stories yourself with no links , just snippets to spin a story whatever way you like . I wouldn't be taking much of the bollix you post at face value

WB Yokes wrote: »

The people of Oughterard know better than anyone what is and isnt good for them and their town and that should be respected by everyone.
    Thats true but instead of being respected they are being labelled as racist .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭Homelander

A grand a week in expenses, what could he have been buying.

Do you know?

Those expenses cover a lot of things, not bread and milk purchases. Obviously I've no idea what Noel Grealish spent it on, but it could've been PR, could've been strategy, could've been research, could've been any amount of things, who knows. It's extremely easy to spend money on professional services, it would not be hard. His constituents can ask him on the doorstep. But most TD's don't properly list their expenses or submit vague details, a few are extremely in-detail but most are not and could really be anything.

Sean Canney was ridiculed for his expenses, loads of fine dining. It's also quite logically explained if he was for example, hosting working lunches and expensing them, but the optics look terrible. I've no idea if it is logical or he was just taking the piss, just making a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,347 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

He has gone up in my opinion.

I like politicians who will tell the truth, and don't hide behind political correctness.

Many, many AS are bogus, and I welcome a pol who will stand up and speak the truth.

The ESRI has reported the many illegal male Asian immigrants, claiming asylum.

Every place given to a bogus AS is one place less for a genuine refugee.

The Gardai did some good work to expose the illegal Asian AS involved with the sham marriage scams, but even the Guards were shocked at the numbers involved.

Operation Vantage:

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1GCEU_enIE820IE821&ei=ZT-DXaHTGLqG1fAPtqGvmA0&q=sham+marriages+Operation+Vantage&oq=sham+marriages+Operation+Vantage&gs_l=psy-ab.3...15679.16857..17225...0.2..0.74.399.8......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i71j33i22i29i30j33i160j33i21.JMN3dcra85c&ved=0ahUKEwjhmeTwvtzkAhU6QxUIHbbQC9MQ4dUDCAs&uact=5

I contend that 100% of Indian and Pakistani AS are bogus.

Similarly, 100% of Albanian and Georgian AS are bogus.

Please lets's be honest, and let us welcome a pol who speaks the truth - these AS are making bogus claims.

Homelander wrote: »

A grand a week in expenses, what could he have been buying.

Do you know?

Those expenses cover a lot of things, not bread and milk purchases. Obviously I've no idea what Noel Grealish spent it on, but it could've been PR, could've been strategy, could've been research, could've been any amount of things, who knows. It's extremely easy to spend money on professional services, it would not be hard. His constituents can ask him on the doorstep. But most TD's don't properly list their expenses or submit vague details, a few are extremely in-detail but most are not and could really be anything.

Sean Canney was ridiculed for his expenses, loads of fine dining. It's also quite logically explained if he was for example, hosting working lunches and expensing them, but the optics look terrible. I've no idea if it is logical or he was just taking the piss, just making a point.
    Would I be right in thinking that they can go towards staff wages or an extra office ?

alastair wrote: »
    5.5% of Nigerian applications were accepted last year. Does refusing Nigerian claims, and reneging on our legal obligation sit well with you?

So almost 95% were bogus?

95% clogging up the system and preventing accommodation of genuine refugees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

So almost 95% were bogus?

95% clogging up the system and preventing accommodation of genuine refugees.

"In July 2017, the European Court of Justice upheld the Dublin Regulation, declaring that it still stands despite the high influx of 2015, giving EU member states the right to deport migrants to the first country of entry to the EU."

Any African or Indian or anyone that isn't from somewhere with a direct connection to Ireland, that lands in Ireland claiming asylum should be held until the next flight back to their last destination in the EU. Build holding cells in the airport.

Do you know?

What has expenses got to do with any of this? Everything he did was within the law.

In the article I read it said he was still paying the debt back and had paid the employees redundancy out of his own pocket when the company had no money left .
    You asked me for links yesterday for a story but quote bits of stories yourself with no links , just snippets to spin a story whatever way you like . I wouldn't be taking much of the bollix you post at face value

Sure practice what you preach their lad, post up the article where he says he has paid back or is paying back the 540k debt?

• Advertisement

"In July 2017, the European Court of Justice upheld the Dublin Regulation, declaring that it still stands despite the high influx of 2015, giving EU member states the right to deport migrants to the first country of entry to the EU."

Any African or Indian or anyone that isn't from somewhere with a direct connection to Ireland, that lands in Ireland claiming asylum should be held until the next flight back to their last destination in the EU. Build holding cells in the airport.

Fully agree. I would prioritise countries like Syria. We should help them.

Most of the rest though are chancers, chancing their arm for economic gain. Sad thing is people like Boggles would encourage even more of these chancers to come. If he could build a DPC in every town in Ireland he probably would. Except of course where he's from, which he hasn't told us.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement