Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

oughterard people - see OP for Mod warning 29/09/19

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

alastair wrote: »
    That presupposes there’s any obligation on the government to consult with locals on this. There isn’t. You may not like that fact, but it’s a fact nonetheless. The hotel was built with planning permission for residency volumes etc and it’s now a matter of who goes in the hotel. That’s never a matter of consultation.

Get a dictionary and look up the word hotel. Establishments that provide meals and accommodation for travellers and tourists. The planning premession was awarded on that basis. Nowhere in the definition of what a hotel is does it mention that hotels double up as tax payer funded doss houses for bogus asylum seekers. Hotels bring tourisim and revenue to an area, dpcs are nothing but a drain.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

WB Yokes wrote: »
    Thats grand im not a scamming poxbottle from Africa. The only thing worse than them is clueless apologists like yourself.

Nope, just a local one.

Get a dictionary and look up the word hotel. Establishments that provide meals and accommodation for travellers and tourists. The planning premession was awarded on that basis. Nowhere in the definition of what a hotel is does it mention that hotels double up as tax payer funded doss houses for bogus asylum seekers. Hotels bring tourisim and revenue to an area, dpcs are nothing but a drain.

You seem to have drifted off into a fantastic scenario of your own creation there. Still no requirement for consultation however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Nope, just a local one.

So how many have you taken into your own home and providing for with your own money?

It so does. Rejected means they had no grounds. Which means they were a chancer, a bogus claimer.

It means no such thing. They didn’t meet the criteria, which is quite a different thing from having no grounds for a claim.

• Advertisement

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    So how many have you taken into your own home and providing for with your own money?

Do you work hard at this level of idiotic?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 370 ✭✭WB Yokes

Nope, just a local one.

Explain that one then.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,083 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Rejected claim doesn’t equate to bogus claim.

5.5% to 94.5% isn't exactly a great start now is it.

It's still a huge number in front of the genuine ones fleeing war. People fleeing wars should come first. End of.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Rejected claim doesn’t equate to bogus claim.

Trying to work out how a claim could be rejected without having been found to be bogus.

Failure to dot the i's on the paperwork?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,970 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Why would they take any asylum seeker into their own home? He didn't personally sign up to any international laws.

One of the most bizarre things I have read on this thread TBH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

You seem to have drifted off into a fantastic scenario of your own creation there. Still no requirement for consultation however.

No, a corrupt puppet government with its collective nose firmlt wedged up the EUs communist/neo-feudal arsehole doesn't see a need or requirement to consult the people they are supposed to work for.true that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Boggles wrote: »
    Dozens of schools, GPs and 3 Hospitals in a 25 km radius.

14 bus routes to the city center every day.

Services don't sound like a problem TBH.

I would love to have that level of service.

PS there are 4 hospitals in Galway city.
    Now two are private and only one is really acute.

BTW you could have millions of hospitals and doctors 25km away but it aint great if you don't have a car and public transport runs only every couple of hours.

BTW what do you suggest the inmates of this hotel do all day or do you reckon they will be just going in and out of Galway on the bus all day long.
    Sure I suppose they could learn a bit of English singing the "The wheels on the bus go ..."
    :D
    Bullocks wrote: »
    Have you a link to the 14 bus routes into the city centre lad ?

Yeah he keeps trotting out the 14 bus routes.

There is one Bus Eireann route (Cliften to Galway Bus station that comes in by Newcastle, University, Hospital, Eyre Sq) with 6 services during week, times depending on the day.
    Saturday has 4 services and Sunday has 2.

And one Citilink route that it appears have 6 services.

And of course all those doctors within 25km is also regurgitated continously as well.

Maybe it is all those promised Syrian doctors have finally arrived. :rolleyes:

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Doblin wrote: »
    They are going from Galway through Oughterard to Clifden.
    Doubt they will want to go that direction.
    There are far from 14 buses going from Oughterard to Galway City. A girl renting beside me here is finding it very hard to get regular buses into Galway and can't get the bus that used to collect her special needs child from where she lived previously to school anymore. Hopefully she will get that worked out soon for her kids sake.

Lmfao, you really don't know your geography of the place, stop making a fool of yourself good man
    The 07:50 is the only reliable bus. You would be awhile waiting for the others to pass by. I definitely know the place. That first and second link you posted were giving the bus route going the wrong way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Why would they take any asylum seeker into their own home? He didn't personally sign up to any international laws.

One of the most bizarre things I have read on this thread TBH.

You want them here then you take them into your homes and provide for them with your own money. Dont yell "Refugees welcome" and then dump them on the rest of us. You want them, you take them or shut the **** up.

jmayo wrote: »

BTW you could have millions of hospitals and doctors 25km away but it aint great if you don't have a car and public transport runs only every couple of hours.

BTW what do you suggest the inmates of this hotel do all day or do you reckon they will be just going in and out of Galway on the bus all day long.
    Sure I suppose they could learn a bit of English singing the "Wheels on the Bus go ..."

There is one Bus Eireann route (Cliften to Galway Bus station that comes in by Newcastle, University, Hospital, Eyre Sq) with 6 services during week, times depending on the day.

And of course all those doctors within 25km is also regurgitated continously as well.

Some services only operate

Boggles caught spoofing again.

5.5% to 94.5% isn't exactly a great start now is it.

It's still a huge number in front of the genuine ones fleeing war. People fleeing wars should come first. End of.

Asylum claims are 30% successful in gaining protection. Even where there’s no war. War isn’t a prerequisite for a claim - what qualifies is a well-founded fear of persecution based on one or more of five grounds - Race, Religion, Nationality, Membership in a particular social group, Political opinion - in their home State.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Do you work hard at this level of idiotic?

Are you offering help ?

I am not allowed discuss …

You want them here then you take them into your homes and provide for them with your own money. Dont yell "Refugees welcome" and then dump them on the rest of us. You want them, you take them or shut the **** up.

Lolz

topper75 wrote: »
    Trying to work out how a claim could be rejected without having been found to be bogus.

Failure to dot the i's on the paperwork?

Not meeting the criteria. Which can be the outcome of a perfectly legitimate claim.

He knows they'd probably end up raping his oulwan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

No, a corrupt puppet government with its collective nose firmlt wedged up the EUs communist/neo-feudal arsehole doesn't see a need or requirement to consult the people they are supposed to work for.true that.

We were sold free movement of people within EU.

We were delivered free movement into Ireland from all kinds of 3rd world places.

Still in the grips of that fantasy narrative, I see.

The 07:50 is the only reliable bus. You would be awhile waiting for the others to pass by. I definitely know the place. That first and second link you posted were giving the bus route going the wrong way

You do understand the bus travels both directions?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

Unless they are given free bus passes, its unlikely they will spend part of their hard earned 21 euro on a bus to a GP in town, when they can use the local GP.

topper75 wrote: »
    We were sold free movement of people within EU.

We were delivered free movement into Ireland from all kinds of 3rd world places.

There’s no free movement into Ireland from any 3rd world place.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

WB Yokes wrote: »

Sure I suppose they could learn a bit of English singing the "Wheels on the Bus go ..."

Some services only operate

Boggles caught spoofing again.
    One of the best spoofers I've come across here, I don't want to read his posts because of how full of spoof they are but I don't want to miss them either for the same reason haha

I never said there wasn't.

Why every couple of hours?

Seems quite an arbitrary figure? Where did you get that from?

It was another poster who said 14 routes.

But by your own maths you make 12?

Okay 12 so.

What's the problem?

Not meeting the criteria. Which can be the outcome of a perfectly legitimate claim.

Not meeting criteria equals failed/bogus asylum seeker. They should be deported immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,083 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Asylum claims are 30% successful in gaining protection. Even where there’s no war. War isn’t a prerequisite for a claim - what qualifies is a well-founded fear of persecution based on one or more of five grounds - Race, Religion, Nationality, Membership in a particular social group, Political opinion - in their home State.

So still a vast majority taking the Mick.

• Advertisement

I never said there wasn't.

Why every couple of hours?

Seems quite an arbitrary figure? Where did you get that from?

It was another poster who said 14 routes.

But by your own maths you make 12?

Okay 12 so.

What's the problem?

Its irrelevant how many routes there are, they are not going to use them. They don't have the money to use them which is probably a good thing as they'd skip off somewhere else.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement