Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

oughterard people - see OP for Mod warning 29/09/19

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,970 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Bullocks wrote: »
    One of the best spoofers I've come across here, I don't want to read his posts because of how full of spoof they are but I don't want to miss them either for the same reason haha

Playing the man and not ball, usually means one thing lad.

Also spooking, it ain't me making up special needs kids and how they can't travel.

Quite sick to make a point to be fair lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Unless they are given free bus passes, its unlikely they will spend part of their hard earned 21 euro on a bus to a GP in town, when they can use the local GP.

No argument there. But the claim was made that there were poor public transport links into the city. That’s clearly untrue.

Its irrelevant how many routes there are, they are not going to use them. They don't have the money to use them which is probably a good thing as they'd skip off somewhere else.

Sorry, were you not advocating to spread them all evenly across the entire country yesterday?

You have morphed into a parody of yourself lad, try stay between the lines of your ignorance.

It's you only constant.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

alastair wrote: »
    The 07:50 is the only reliable bus. You would be awhile waiting for the others to pass by. I definitely know the place. That first and second link you posted were giving the bus route going the wrong way

You do understand the bus travels both directions?
    I do and I know first hand that it don't travel as frequently from Oughterard to Galway as you spout it does

Its irrelevant how many routes there are, they are not going to use them. They don't have the money to use them which is probably a good thing as they'd skip off somewhere else.

Which asylum seekers have been skipping off anywhere? It’s hard to keep up with the breadth of devious activity these people are supposed to be up to. It’s as if they’re some sort of cartoon caricatures, devised by idiots.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    So how many have you taken into your own home and providing for with your own money?

If all the liberal do-gooders in Ireland did that, the problem of asylum seeker accommodation would be solved in the morning. Its mystifying why they won't do it.

I do and I know first hand that it don't travel as frequently from Oughterard to Galway as you spout it does

It’s on the timetable. I’ll place more faith in that than someone who pretends that Clifden is of any relevance to the number of daily busses to Galway.

Boggles wrote: »
    One of the best spoofers I've come across here, I don't want to read his posts because of how full of spoof they are but I don't want to miss them either for the same reason haha

Playing the man and not ball, usually means one thing lad.

Also spooking, it ain't me making up special needs kids and how they can't travel.

Quite sick to make a point to be fair lad.
    Not at all made up unfortunately. When 250 asylum seekers put even more pressure on a system that isn't working well enough as it is already where will you be with your claims that the area has plenty of services?

If all the liberal do-gooders in Ireland did that, the problem of asylum seeker accommodation would be solved in the morning. Its mystifying why they won't do it.

So, you’re offering? Always good to find a problem-solver.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 370 ✭✭WB Yokes

Look at some of the weirdos in Sweden that done it, good few of them now 6 foot under in a box. Good enough for them too.

• Advertisement

Sorry, were you not advocating to spread them all evenly across the entire country yesterday?

You have morphed into a parody of yourself lad, try stay between the lines of your ignorance.

It's you only constant.

I'd advocate spreading them out and integrating them to a reasonable level but if their claims are rejected deport them.

Not have them running off and living off radar and underground as it were and working in the black economy.

Do you understand the difference?

So still a vast majority taking the Mick.

You’ve no idea the merits of any of those 70% rejected claims. None of us do.

I'd advocate spreading them out and integrating them to a reasonable level but if their claims are rejected deport them.

Not have them running off and living off radar and underground as it were and working in the black economy.

Failed asylum seekers are deported. That’s the status quo. What’s your evidence of any asylum seekers remaining and working in the black economy?

So, you’re offering? Always good to find a problem-solver.

I'm not the one arguing we should put up a huge DPC in a small community. So its not for me to offer. Personally I think the vast majority are bogus claimers who shouldn't get beyond the airport.

It’s on the timetable. I’ll place more faith in that than someone who pretends that Clifden is of any relevance to the number of daily busses to Galway.
    You can do and I'll live in the real world.
    Your link clearly showed the Galway to Clifden bus traveling through Oughterard??? I don't get why you're questioning my knowledge of the area when it was your own info that's wrong lad

Failed asylum seekers are deported. That’s the status quo.

After a merry go round that can last years and collectively cost tens of millions.

Not at all made up unfortunately. When 250 asylum seekers put even more pressure on a system that isn't working well enough as it is already where will you be with your claims that the area has plenty of services?

You are spoofing lad.

A child with special needs with a parent that does not have adequate transport is fully entitled to be brought to school and home from school. This is usually done by private taxi, trust me I know all about it.

Your neighbor would obviously know this, but she doesn't exist does she?

I'm not the one arguing we should put up a huge DPC in a small community. So its not for me to offer. Personally I think the vast majority are bogus claimers who shouldn't get beyond the airport.

I’m not arguing for direct provision at all. I’m simply pointing out that there’s not any requirement for consultation in placing asylum seekers in a hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,085 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

You’ve no idea the merits of any of those 70% rejected claims. None of us do.

But they are rejected and not seeing worthy of further note review. End of

After a merry go round that can last years and collectively cost tens of millions.

Asylum claim assessment is never going to be cheap. But it’s our legal obligation.

• Advertisement

But they are rejected and not seeing worthy of further note review. End of

Yes - they’ve reached the end of the process.

You can do and I'll live in the real world.
    Your link clearly showed the Galway to Clifden bus traveling through Oughterard??? I don't get why you're questioning my knowledge of the area when it was your own info that's wrong lad

My info is correct. 14 Oughterard to Galway busses daily.

I’m not arguing for direct provision at all. I’m simply pointing out that there’s not any requirement for consultation in placing asylum seekers in a hotel.

And as has been pointed out, the hotel got planning permission for a hotel, not a DPC. There's been a clear change of use, a significant one at that. If nothing else the government and hotel owner are breaking planning laws.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

My info is correct. 14 Oughterard to Galway busses daily.

I live on the Galway to Clifden/Oughterard road. There are eight buses from Bus Eireann and six Citylink buses daily. Therefore your information is spot on.

And as has been pointed out, the hotel got planning permission for a hotel, not a DPC. There's been a clear change of use, a significant one at that. If nothing else the government and hotel owner are breaking planning laws.

There’s no change of use so the planning permission stands. See the use of plenty more hotels for DP purposes. Residents are residents as far as the planning permission is concerned.

So you want to spread them around the whole country, but you think having them all together in a DP with a bus service they would abscond?

Do you know how stupid that sounds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Lolz

So how many are you housing?

WB Yokes wrote: »
    Look at some of the weirdos in Sweden that done it, good few of them now 6 foot under in a box. Good enough for them too.

Yeaaah. No doubt you’ve some evidence of the passing of these misguided, generous souls. Or is this just yet more invented bollocks? 🤔

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    So how many are you housing?

Are you okay?

Why would I be housing any asylum seeker?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Because they're more interested in looking compassionate than actually being compassionate. Its not by accident that all the "Diversity is our strength" crowd all live in homogenous areas while calling the rest of us racists.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement