Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

oughterard people - see OP for Mod warning 29/09/19

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Nothing there regarding the black economy. If unable to answer the question just say so.

Bullocks wrote: »
    You can even smell wrong posts now Boogles , wow some skill . 
    Happened about 2 weeks ago . 
    Know another neighbour with a similar problem getting his kid collected . He had to get him to the nearest pick up a couple of miles closer to town . He got it sorted in the end but the service didn't pop up overnight for him . 
    I think you are a bit naive thinking that all these simple services are to hand out here . I'm thankful I dont need anything out of the ordinary for my kids and that I can provide for them without needing intervention from the government (fingers crossed it stays that way )

Instead of anecdotal lies how about some hard facts from a respected media source?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

alastair wrote: »
    Silly is the word I used ,not scammers or spongers . Spoofing there alastair again

Silly me - it looks at first, and second review as if you’re weighing in with your support for that post - which clearly calls them sponges.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111289245&postcount=1039

So you’re now saying you disagree with it?
    I neither agreed nor disagreed with it . I questioned why they travelled here

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    You can even smell wrong posts now Boogles , wow some skill . 
    Know another neighbour with a similar problem getting his kid collected . He had to get him to the nearest pick up a couple of miles closer to town . He got it sorted in the end but the service didn't pop up overnight for him . 
    I think you are a bit naive thinking that all these simple services are to hand out here . I'm thankful I dont need anything out of the ordinary for my kids and that I can provide for them without needing intervention from the government (fingers crossed it stays that way )

Instead of anecdotal lies how about some hard facts from a respected media source?
    Anecdotal lies seems to be all I'm seeing on this thread lad

Nope. Factual evidence is there but those opposing refugee entry into Ireland have no interest in availing of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

You do realise that this line just makes you look either disingenuous or really dumb?

Nope. Factual evidence is there but those opposing refugee entry into Ireland have no interest in availing of it.
    Do you think Oughterard is a good location for 250 asylum seekers ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Boggles wrote: »
    "vurtue signallers"

Again John are you okay?

What has that got to do with international law and treaty obligations?

I didn't sign them mate, I don't know why you think I'm involved.

How come Poland and Hungary aren't coming under fire for breaking international laws and treaty obligations?? :rolleyes:

You do realise that this line just makes you look either disingenuous or really dumb?
    I don't realise it at all lad but you can point it out if you like

• Registered Users Posts: 39,970 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

The smell is getting stronger.

The school would have insisted she applied at enrollment, back in March / April.

If there is not adequate transport for a child to get to school and if the relevant players have not done their job, then it is a child protection issue.

School is not optional. It is extremely serious if a special needs child who has been accepted into a school cannot get there.

It is the main reason the principle and BOM make it a number one priority at enrollment.

Now I suspect you are not telling the full story, or to be accurate you invented the story.

Either way, keep on trucking lad.

• Advertisement

How come Poland and Hungary aren't coming under fire for breaking international laws and treaty obligations?? :rolleyes:

Poland is meeting it’s obligations and Hungary is coming under fire for not doing so.

https://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_IP-18-4522_en.htm

I don't realise it at all lad but you can point it out if you like

Thanks, I already have.

The smell is getting stronger.

The school would have insisted she applied at enrollment, back in March / April.

If there is not adequate transport for a child to get to school and if the relevant players have not done their job, then it is a child protection issue.

School is not optional. It is extremely serious if a special needs child who has been accepted into a school cannot get there.

It is the main reason the principle and BOM make it a number one priority at enrollment.

Now I suspect you are not telling the full story, or to be accurate you invented the story.

Either way, keep on trucking lad.
    Will do lad , mind that strong smell you're getting too sometimes its just coming off yourself

Lolz.

The EU budget is up for renewal soon.

We will see what fire they come under then, once the EU funded cranes start disappearing from Budapest, etc.

Also you think we should mimic Hungary at the moment?

No thanks.

It always amazing me how people scream the loudest about freedom of screech, etc, hold up the likes of Hungary as a mecca for it.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

So you want to spread them around the whole country, but you think having them all together in a DP with a bus service they would abscond?

Do you know how stupid that sounds?

FFS. Can you read?

I said they are unlikely to use their limited income on bus services.

Its largely a moot point. 250 asylum seekers in a town like Oughterard is wrong, full stop. You can call us all racists as much as you like, we don't care. Its wrong.

The government requested people to get in touch with a view to accommodating them, that includes in their own home.

Did you volunteer?

A better one than Ballaghaderreen. Given the success of that then Oughterard should work well with better infrastructure and transport links.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Failed asylum seekers are deported. That’s the status quo. What’s your evidence of any asylum seekers remaining and working in the black economy?
    No evidence for any black economy activity there.

:rolleyes:

I said they are unlikely to use their limited income on bus services.

Sure give them a daily return.

As far problems go that isn't that hard solve.

They are. But for the distraction of Brexit and impending trade wars there would be greater EU pressure put on both. It'll still happen, but slower than is ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

WB Yokes wrote: »
    Thats grand im not a scamming poxbottle from Africa. The only thing worse than them is clueless apologists like yourself.

Mod

Calm it down please.

• Advertisement

A better one than Ballaghaderreen. Given the success of that then Oughterard should work well with better infrastructure and transport links.
    I disagree 
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/one-year-on-ballaghaderreen-and-refugees-let-down-by-state-1.3461087

Sure give them a daily return.

As far problems go that isn't that hard solve.

Did you volunteer to accommodate an asylum seeker?

:rolleyes:

Rejected asylum seekers are deported. That’s not even disputed in the piece you put up, but there’s no evidence of black economy activity by ex asylum seekers - even with the rolly eyes emoji applied to the issue.

A less out of date piece from the same publication. Positive local feedback and the government speeding up the relocation process. Oughterard is poised to do the same, and handily has a small city and several decent sized towns nearby.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/everyone-is-friendly-ballaghaderreen-and-the-refugee-crisis-1.3741763

Did you volunteer to accommodate an asylum seeker?

Did you volunteer to deport an asylum seeker? Did you catch that idiotic questions are no substitute for an actual argument?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,126 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Seathrun66 wrote:
    Ballaghadereen works according to who?

eagle eye wrote: »
    Ballaghadereen works according to who?

Read the ITs article I posted above. And have a look at the RTE doc from 2017/18.

322 out of 373 successfully housed as of 27/12/2018. That's damn fine work.

Did you volunteer to deport an asylum seeker? Did you catch that idiotic questions are no substitute for an actual argument?

Your lack of knowledge on this topic speaks volumes about you. Its you who have no argument.

Here was a chance for you and Boggles.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/up-to-800-volunteer-irish-families-asked-to-confirm-if-they-want-to-host-asylum-seekers-368925.html

800 familes volunteered.

Apart from ranting on an internet forum, you and Boggles appear to have done little else.

You want everyone else to accommodate asylum seekers, but not you. NIMBY alert!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,126 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Seathrun66 wrote:
    Read the ITs article I posted above. And have a look at the RTE doc from 2017/18.
    Well I know loads of people from Ballaghadereen and they are all unhappy with the rise in crime, the increase in drugs in the area and the amount problematic immigrants.

• Advertisement

You lack of knowledge on this topic speaks volumes about you. Its you who have no argument.

Here was a chance for you and Boggles.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/up-to-800-volunteer-irish-families-asked-to-confirm-if-they-want-to-host-asylum-seekers-368925.html

800 familes volunteered.

Apart from ranting on an internet forum, you and Boggles appear to have done little else.

I’ll take that as a “no” then.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement