Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

oughterard people - see OP for Mod warning 29/09/19

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,970 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

jay0109 wrote: »
    Now that ain't true, at all! Your just throwing stuff out and hoping you don't get pulled on it.

Do your research lad before making accusations.

https://www.thejournal.ie/rise-deportations-ireland-asylum-seekers-3259953-Feb2017/
    The vast majority of refusals relate to matters such as the lack of a visa, come from countries where International Protection is not an issue, or are refused because there is evidence that they are seeking to exploit the Common Travel Area to get to the UK

Also I have 2 uncles who were immigration officials stationed in Shannon.

WB Yokes wrote: »
    You are obviously one of these bleeding heart types. Lads coming in from Georgia and Albania are far from the "most unfortunate of our society".

No I'm not. I just never liked bullies.

Lads from Georgia and Albania in the vast majority get the boot.
    And im not bitter i would just like to see my fellow citizens prioritised over refugees.

And how are they not?

You are contradicting yourself.

Yeah, but in reality I'm not.

topper75 wrote: »
    'old Blighty' will henceforth cherry pick from the entire outside world

Not according to their home office, but I guess you know better right?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Then challenge the point my good sir. The simple response is that you can't.
    I did, you just want to keep ignoring it.
    We've been accommodated throughout the planet.
    and still you keep beating this empty drum. I note you went from this position:
    As people didn't turn away the Irish over the past two centuries.
    to this one in short order:
    The Irish were historic refugees in the 1840s. Regardless of the welcome they made their homes elsewhere and were able to benefit.

For a few more y'know facts about our "welcome" of the 1840's read this. They were not welcomed.

And that was a nation built on immigration and a desperate need for labour and colonists to go West. Ireland requires neither.
    We still are being welcomed.
    If we're legal and qualified. Try rocking up in the US, Canada, Australia illegally and see how you fare.
    Operating double standards ain't cool.
    Indeed.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 370 ✭✭WB Yokes

Boggles wrote: »
    No I'm not. I just never liked bullies.

Lads from Georgia and Albania in the vast majority get the boot.

And how are they not?

Was it not yourself here yesterday that said asylum seekers from Ballaghadereen had been housed?

Geuze wrote: »

They should be deported within 24hrs of arrival here.

See the problem is you are applying hindsight and demanding a 24 hour turn around based on that.

Reality doesn't / can't work like that.

Sorry Boggles it wasnt you. It was another poster ans when i asked if they got council houses i was told it was irrelevant

Was it not yourself here yesterday that said asylum seekers from Ballaghadereen had been housed?

No.

But could you answer the question.

How are asylum seekers prioritized over your fellow citizens?

What rights do they have that exceed or go above and beyond you or me?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Not according to their home office, but I guess you know better right?

I have no hope of 'knowing better' than a statement I'm not au fait with Boggles. Please direct me to it so I can see where they state that Britain, free of EU constraints, will NOT be able to hire anyone they like from around the world and expel anyone they don't want. If they need a French electrician or an Omani pilot- they simply issue a work visa on their own terms.

• Advertisement

topper75 wrote: »
    I have no hope of 'knowing better' than a statement I'm not au fait with Boggles. Please direct me to it so I can see where they state that Britain, free of EU constraints, will NOT be able to hire anyone they like from around the world and expel anyone they don't want. If they need a French electrician or an Omani pilot- they simply issue a work visa on their own terms.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/766465/The-UKs-future-skills-based-immigration-system-print-ready.pdf

The EU never constrained Britain, they can let in anyone they want from non Eu countries or not.

This was always in their hands. EU immigrants were the only net contributors to Britain.

But as the paper suggests above, with new trade deals they will have to give up something.
    There will no longer be one immigration system for non-Europeans, and another for EU citizens1. The future
    system will apply in the same way to all nationalities – EU and non-EU citizens alike –
    except where there are objective grounds to differentiate. This could, for example, be
    in the context of a trade agreement

Javid himself said one such trade deal was in the works with Bangladesh.

Again the majority of immigration into Britain is Non EU nationals, this will rise after Brexit.

Put simply Britain looks like it will get Browner after Brexit. Some Little Englander just choked on their beef pie. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

The EU never constrained Britain, they can let in anyone they want from non Eu countries or not.

This was always in their hands. EU immigrants were the only net contributors to Britain.

But as the paper suggests above, with new trade deals they will have to give up something.

Javid himself said one such trade deal was in the works with Bangladesh.

Again the majority of immigration into Britain is Non EU nationals, this will rise after Brexit.
    For a nice change we're in full agreement on this point. The vast majority of Britain's immigrant population and attendant problems on both sides have come from her former colonies, not the EU. That was Brexit bullsh1t to swing the vote among the stupid to leave. This applies to most other multicultural nations in Europe, their immigrant population size had little to do with the EU. France would be most similar to Britain on this score. Germany imported thousands of Turks to work their factories and that was nada to do with the EU. The recent refugee crisis is more in the EU hands, though individual nations can still suggest they feck off.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote: »
    For a nice change we're in full agreement on this point. The vast majority of Britain's immigrant population and attendant problems on both sides have come from her former colonies, not the EU. That was Brexit bullsh1t to swing the vote among the stupid to leave .

Exactly. They are now dropping out of the worlds largest economy.

They will need to negotiate 90+ separate trade deals on the back of that. Including with the EU 27. :)

By any metric they infinitely weaker and not just in terms of trade but their global standing.

The most recent evidence of this is when they tried to remind (stand up to) China of their legal obligation over Hong Kong.

Chinese ambassador called an unprecedented press conference and said that the treaty is a historical document and basically not worth the paper it's written on.

Basically shut your hole if you want a trade deal after Brexit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,571 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Class is irrelevant unless you hold some prejudice in that regard.

Actual skills and education levels would by default be lower than a Western European country with one of the highest education levels in the world. Even a neurosurgeon would require some re-training and conversion.

Again, you're ignoring the 95% volume of applicants from places such as Zimbabwe, Nigeria and Georgia and so on.

They have no doctors or engineers?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,571 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Correct. You do realise neither of those dates are valid intervals for 4yr terms. If you reckon Beto, Yang or anyone else will do a 'Merkel' I'd say keep dreaming.

Lawson Ambitious Condo, to add to your poor spelling is some shoddy research. When correcting someone it pays to be accurate.

The president takes office and the administration commences in January 2021. Following that it's January 2025.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

alastair wrote: »
    Which asylum seekers have been skipping off anywhere? It’s hard to keep up with the breadth of devious activity these people are supposed to be up to. It’s as if they’re some sort of cartoon caricatures, devised by idiots.

Ehh it is now advertised too much (definitely not on RTE for one), but you will find some of those teenagers that we took in have disappeared from the centres in which they were placed.

It seems at least two young guys disappeared from the centre they were staying in Roundwood in Wicklow.

Not sure they were ever found.

On the other hand you have some asylum seekers getting picky either about what they eat or where they go.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/asylum-seekers-in-wexford-refuse-move-to-wicklow-and-clare-1.3973526
    Obviously they have never been introduced to the old adage "beggars can't be choosers" :rolleyes:

I am not allowed discuss …

jmayo wrote: »
    Ehh it is now advertised too much (definitely not on RTE for one), but you will find some of those teenagers that we took in have disappeared from the centres in which they were placed.

It seems at least two young guys disappeared from the centre they were staying in Roundwood in Wicklow.

On the other hand you have some asylum seekers getting picky either about what they eat or where they go.

I love these vague stories that no one reports on. Well because....

:p
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/asylum-seekers-in-wexford-refuse-move-to-wicklow-and-clare-1.3973526
    Obviously they have never been introduced to the old adage "beggars can't be choosers" :rolleyes:

It was the locals that didn't want them to leave without assurances that the next place they went to would be more permanent.

I know that doesn't fit the ungrateful asylum seeker narrative.

But sure.....Scooby Doo.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Ehh, the two lads in Roundwood hadn’t yet claimed asylum - they were direct off a truck from Rosslare. They subsequently claimed asylum in a Garda station. There is no DP centre in Roundwood.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

Everyone worrying about a few Asylum seekers, when the real flood into the country is coming from Brazil.

Capital Cities are overrun with them, most here working illegally not paying a cent of tax whilst meant to be students lol.

Completely ruining the rental market in Dublin, 20 of them in a 2 bed apartment at one point in my block, 11 in the 1 bed opposite me.

So maybe start complaining about that instead.

italodisco wrote: »
    Everyone worrying about a few Asylum seekers, when the real flood into the country is coming from Brazil.

Capital Cities are overrun with them, most here working illegally not paying a cent of tax whilst meant to be students lol.

Completely ruining the rental market in Dublin, 20 of them in a 2 bed apartment at one point in my block, 11 in the 1 bed opposite me.

So maybe start complaining about that instead.

But we need them to deliver food and drive rickshaws.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

But we need them to deliver food and drive rickshaws.

No we don't .

The only ones who need them are ugly blokes who get easily duped into a relationship for a visa.

italodisco wrote: »
    No we don't .

The only ones who need them are ugly blokes who get easily duped into a relationship for a visa.

Yeah i happen to know one one of them. Everyone knew what was happening bar him.

Now hes sitting alone in a flat on north circular road with his flute in his hand.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

Yeah i happen to know one one of them. Everyone knew what was happening bar him.

Now hes sitting alone in a flat on north circular road with his flute in his hand.

Tragic if the case, but he should join an orchestra, they'd welcome flautists.

Oh wait I see which flute you mean.

Of course you do.

Of course you do.

Hes your next door neighbour.

Hes your next door neighbour.

He’s as imaginary as the rest of your tall tales.

He’s as imaginary as the rest of your tall tales.

Youre fond off a tall tale yourself accusing me of being scammer. Then running off like a old pussy when challenged on it.

Youre fond off a tall tale yourself accusing me of being scammer. Then running off like a old pussy when challenged on it.

I’ve gone nowhere, and nope - it’s only you who habitually makes up inane stories that bear no scrutiny.

I’ve gone nowhere, and nope - it’s only you who habitually makes up inane stories that bear no scrutiny.

So explain how im a scammer then?

• Advertisement

So explain how im a scammer then?

Who said you were a scammer? You’re a bull****ter alright.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement