Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

oughterard people - see OP for Mod warning 29/09/19

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 370 ✭✭WB Yokes

alastair wrote: »
    Who said you were a scammer?

You did.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,970 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

italodisco wrote: »
    Completely ruining the rental market in Dublin, 20 of them in a 2 bed apartment at one point in my block, 11 in the 1 bed opposite me.

I know none of that is actually true.

But how is that ruining that rental market in Dublin?

If we could get people to do more of that the housing crisis would be sorted immediately.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

WB Yokes wrote: »
    You did.

Nope, I didn’t.

Boggles wrote: »
    I know none of that is actually true.

But how is that ruining that rental market in Dublin?

If we could get people to do more of that the housing crisis would be sorted immediately.

:)

Maybe he means for landlords?

Nope, I didn’t.

lightshot-1568979670.jpg

So what did you mean by this post?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,571 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

lightshot-1568979670.jpg

So what did you mean by this post?

Probably that as someone who insults the citizens of an entire continent you're undoubtedly someone of little moral standing.

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Probably that as someone who insults the citizens of an entire continent you're undoubtedly someone of little moral standing.

Show me where i insulted the whole continent Africa.

I called an African scammer an African scammer.

And let Alaister answer for himself.

It was the poxbottle bit I was referring to.

An award for your disingenuousness. Read your previous post.

It was the poxbottle bit I was referring to.

Fair enough then. It was a poxbottle you called me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Ehh, the two lads in Roundwood hadn’t yet claimed asylum - they were direct off a truck from Rosslare. They subsequently claimed asylum in a Garda station. There is no DP centre in Roundwood.

Ehh no they were the two Afghani lads that legged it off the truck that had arrived from Rosslare.
    The ones that legged it across golf course.

It isn't a DP centre AFAIK, but I think youths were staying there for a while.

I am not allowed discuss …

jmayo wrote: »
    Ehh no they were the two Afghani lads that legged it off the truck that had arrived from Rosslare.
    The ones that legged it across golf course.

It isn't a DP centre AFAIK, but I think youths were staying there for a while.

So - you’re not talking about the two afghan teenagers that were chased across Roundwood - you’re talking about two completely different asylum seeker teenagers who were staying in an unknown and unquantifiable centre in Roundwood, and who were chased across Roundwood?

Seems legit. ��

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

Do your research lad before making accusations.

https://www.thejournal.ie/rise-deportations-ireland-asylum-seekers-3259953-Feb2017/

Also I have 2 uncles who were immigration officials stationed in Shannon.
    That link has absolutely nothing to do with telling me where asylum seekers first present in Ireland. It's about the numbers refused leave to land at ports.
    It's obvious you are very confused on this topic and beyond hugs, kisses and can't we all get along type stuff, you don't really have much to bring to the debate

jay0109 wrote: »
    That link has absolutely nothing to do with telling me where asylum seekers first present in Ireland. It's about the numbers refused leave to land at ports.

You are right most of them parachute onto the island. :rolleyes:

You are right most of them parachute onto the island. :rolleyes:

No more Uncles to back you up?

Most asylum seekers come here via the UK. Ferry to Belfast, train to Newry and taxi/bus from there to Dub city centre. It's well documented not that I'd expect you to know that.
    Also, a high % are here on holiday visas which they simply overstay and then claim asylum.

A bit of research for you for the weekend...check out the Dept of Justice and what they said was a concerning side effect of Brexit and a crackdown in the UK on illegals...a big rise in the number of asylum claims here by Pakistani and Bangladeshi citizens.
    I doubt they parachuted in here but if that helps you sleep at night in your fair trade cotton pj's, then good for you

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Put simply Britain looks like it will get Browner after Brexit. Some Little Englander just choked on their beef pie. :)

Racists make up a tiny minority of British society.
    I don't feel any need to control the colour of skin of people entering Ireland. I am very much concerned with numbers though. Our EU membership however prevents us controlling the numbers. We saw the Brussels money and didn't think it through. It also foists obligations on us to accept illegals arriving on Med beaches, that would otherwise be nothing to do with us. Expect more 're-distributions' soon. Say given to the people of Ireland on the matter - nil. Obligations for Britain in that regard this winter - nil.

topper75 wrote: »
    I don't feel any need to control the colour of skin of people entering Ireland. I am very much concerned with numbers though. Our EU membership however prevents us controlling the numbers. We saw the Brussels money and didn't think it through. It also foists obligations on us to accept illegals arriving on Med beaches, that would otherwise be nothing to do with us. Expect more 're-distributions' soon. Say given to the people of Ireland on the matter - nil. Obligations for Britain in that regard this winter - nil.

We are under no obligation to take refugees from any other EU State. We opted in to the relocation plan. Our choice to do so. Other’s (UK and Denmark) chose not to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

We are under no obligation to take refugees from any other EU State. We opted in to the relocation plan. Our choice to do so. Other’s (UK and Denmark) chose not to.
    Only 6 states opted (likely under pressure) to do so, clearly it's a poor and unpopular choice amongst the EU.

Denmark sure has changed it's tune in recent times, ever ask why? Resorting to 'forced integration' to prevent a new generation of ghetto kids going astray.
    They also got a hard time when they wanted a simple handshake to form part of their neutralisation/citizenship procedure. Oh noes! Not a simple handshake.

Most asylum seekers come here via the UK. Ferry to Belfast, train to Newry and taxi/bus from there to Dub city centre. It's well documented not that I'd expect you to know that.

Be a good man and throw up a link to one of those many documents.

Be a good man and throw up a link to one of those many documents.

I will of course do the heavy lifting for you! You just hold on there anùd I'll be right back:rolleyes:

Edit...It's a nice day out and I'm in a good mood so why not do my good deed for the day. Here's an oldie but a classic that I found in Google as the very 1st search result...top of the page, can you Adam and Eve it!
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/influx-of-asylum-seekers-causes-concern-1.75682
    Just the 90% applying did so at the offices in Dublin.

PS...I love the bit that says we were only getting about 100 asylum seekers a yr in the early and mid 90s. Sometimes there's a lot to be said for being a relatively poor country!

• Advertisement

I will of course do the heavy lifting for you! You just hold on there and I'll be right back:rolleyes:

Some sort of evidence or proof of claim is hardly heavy lifting is it? :confused:

Just common manners I would have thought.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    They have no doctors or engineers?
    They do, though doctors and engineers tend not to be on rickety boats plying their way across the Mediterranean looking to sneak into the EU. They don't have to. They apply or are headhunted and rock up here legally.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,132 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Boggles wrote:
    Some sort of evidence or proof of claim is hardly heavy lifting is it?

What's your opinion on things? I'm following the thread and all I see from you is smart arse comments and criticising others but nothing of any substance.

I will of course do the heavy lifting for you! You just hold on there anùd I'll be right back:rolleyes:

Edit...It's a nice day out and I'm in a good mood so why not do my good deed for the day. Here's an oldie but a classic that I found in Google as the very 1st search result...top of the page, can you Adam and Eve it!

PS...I love the bit that says we were only getting about 100 asylum seekers a yr in the early and mid 90s. Sometimes there's a lot to be said for being a relatively poor country!

Ah Jaysus not only is it pay walled it's over 21 years old.

So not so well documented as you claimed. :)

eagle eye wrote: »
    What's your opinion on things?

On Things?

Could be here a while with that one.
    I'm following the thread and all I see from you is smart arse comments and criticising others but nothing of any substance.

Good for you lad.

At least you are adding sterling contributions.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,132 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Boggles wrote:
    Could be here a while with that one.
    On this particular subject.
    Boggles wrote:
    At least you are adding sterling contributions.
    Nothing new here, same as always. Does anybody actually like you IRL?

Nothing new here, same as always. Does anybody actually like you IRL?

Took me a while to get IRL.

Keep trucking lad, super stuff.

:D

Your article shows nothing to back up the claim you made about an illegal route via Northern Ireland. If well-documented please give us a source instead of just throwing up some random post about asylum seekers from 1997. You're struggling, let me help. There's no such documentation and you're again inventing stuff.

topper75 wrote: »

That so? Then why the 52% for Brexit whose campaign was founded on a heavy dose of xenophobia. Some scratching under the surface and the fear of the other seeped through very quickly.

Regarding refugees we signed up to that.

Regarding EU nationals freedom of movement (again signed up to) means we accept all citizens of the other 27 states who have right of residence for three months without conditions under Directive 2004/38/EC. After three months residence is allowed as long as the person has sufficient resources for themselves and their family members not to become a burden on the social assistance system of the host Member State during their period of residence. There are exemptions to this (particularly sickness) but basically it allows states to deport EU nationals who are not contributing to the country they are newly resident in. Most states choose not to act upon this because the vast majority of new arrivals are net contributors to the state (€2,300 per annum more from EU citizens than UK citizens to the UK Treasury). However, Belgium chose to ant others could follow. Long story short - we're not powerless to act.

• Advertisement

Wibbs wrote: »
    They do, though doctors and engineers tend not to be on rickety boats plying their way across the Mediterranean looking to sneak into the EU. They don't have to. They apply or are headhunted and rock up here legally.

Source please. Preferably a breakdown of the occupations of Sudanese, Eritrean & other nationalities fleeing wars and persecution. If no information then better not to post random thoughts backed up by cloud formations.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement