Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

oughterard people - see OP for Mod warning 29/09/19

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    And refugee status has never been dependent on war
    So why are you always banging on about these 'war-torn' folks, don't you even bother to read your own posts after spewing them out?

Maybe to busy running to the Speak and Spell game.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

No, not at all. Read the article before posting. You've just successfully argued against your own case here. Thanks for saving me the bother.

I read the article. In theory they can keep out criminals. In reality dozens got in.

I prefer to deal with the reality if thats ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,571 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

So you're confirming the suggestion of empty vessels (making noise and all...)

Listen if you've nothing worthwhile to put forward, why not get schooled yourself by all these Doctors, Programmers & Engineers in their 'undisputed' perfect 'grade A' English.

Jumping out of light crafts (after handing 6-10k to criminal trafficking gangs). Here's a top tip: double check their Phd papers using UV light for true authenticity.

You obviously don't get the Glass Houses proverb. Easily checked and not too intellectually challenging. Give yourself a few minutes.

My schooling is long done. And much of it by people from some of the nations you have such disdain for. Many of whom (in their second or third language) could help improve your own. Pro bono if you drop the hatred.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

So why are you always banging on about these 'war-torn' folks, don't you even bother to read your own posts after spewing them out?

We're the uneducated ones. We can't spell :)

If these places are so wartorn or poverty stricken is it not right to say education would be there last priority. So which is it. Great education or wartorn and broken countries.

What was Irish education like before and during the War of Independence/Civil War.

What was the British/German/French education standard before and during WWI and WWII?

You surely realise that most of these refugees of working age were already educated pre-war?

• Advertisement

Yep

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Far-right_politics_in_the_United_Kingdom

The BNP won a whopping 1.9% at the 2010 election. The national front won an impressive 0.04%!

With no xenophobic representation in the Conservative Party? From today's Guardian:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/sep/20/conservative-members-suspended-for-online-islamophobia

And 2010? Nothing more current?

Examples, my dear boy, examples.

I read the article. In theory they can keep out criminals. In reality dozens got in.

I prefer to deal with the reality if thats ok?

Negligent policing. Not negligent legislation.

My schooling is long done.
    Sure is.
    And much of it by people from some of the nations you have such disdain for.
    You can withdraw that.
    I'm pro-migration. Legal migration that is, if that's not too offensive to you.
    But sure, maybe you're one of the beneficiaries of the trafficking system, or the expenses racket that evolves out of it, maybe you run the catering, hotel, or some other lucrative contracts that lines pocket.
    Many of whom (in their second or third language) could help improve your own.
    So anyone that can speak more that one language is suddenly working with an upper range advanced IQ? Well this is certainly fresh news to the wider academia.

Spelling check to commence in 3,2,1....

Anyway, adieu lads. You've got twelve or more hours to come up with something more substantial than an anecdote about foreigners stealing your beer or women or something like that. Use some research or facts and win the argument.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Harvey Weinstein

Sure is.

You can withdraw that.
    But sure, maybe you're one of the beneficiaries of the trafficking system, or the expenses racket that evolves out of it, maybe you run the catering, hotel, or some other lucrative contracts that line pockets.

So anyone that can speak more that one language is suddenly working with an upper range advanced IQ? Well this is certainly fresh news to the wider academia.

You can be 100% certain of that..

Sure is.

You can withdraw that.
    But sure, maybe you're one of the beneficiaries of the trafficking system, or the expenses racket that evolves out of it, maybe you run the catering, hotel, or some other lucrative contracts that line pockets.

Nope, but many of those fleeing wars could use their second or third language to improve yours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Harvey Weinstein

Anyway, adieu lads. You've got twelve or more hours to come up with something more substantial than an anecdote about foreigners stealing your beer or women or something like that. Use some research or facts and win the argument.

Our research shows that there was almost unanimous agreement from locals in Oughterard that they did not under any circumstances want a DP centre in their town...thats enough for me.

You can be 100% certain of that..
    Lol, he's off now, must have spooked the lad with the exposé.

Highly likely now buttering sambos at 1300% mark-up, to deliver round in the morning. Or perhaps to count the cash for some formerly 2star poorly managed hotel, now under full & easy occupancy. The boom is back.

Lad suggest people will be in delivering anecdotes soon.

Then makes the poor anecdote about 'foreigners stealing your beer or women'.
    Classy.

Ya can't prove people are playing the system because the system is setup that way in the first place. Yer not going to have records of whats on going are ya now. It's like any scandal that comes to light. Unseen till public. The thing with this country we're told theres nothing to see here and move on. Btw which country and which war because there seems to wars every where according to our AS system.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Rockbeast2

Just to let every one know, there are at least two paid shills/posters here.

My sister is one of them. They can sue me. I can prove it.

You know who I'm typing about.

I'm not a multi-cult anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,970 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Rockbeast2 wrote: »

Go on so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Is there such a thing as a paid poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Ya can't prove people are playing the system because the system is setup that way in the first place. Yer not going to have records of whats on going are ya now. It's like any scandal that comes to light. Unseen till public. The thing with this country we're told theres nothing to see here and move on. Btw which country and which war because there seems to wars every where according to our AS system.

One more time for luck. You don’t need a war as a prerequisite for an asylum claim.

• Advertisement

Seems legit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

Is there such a thing as a paid poster.

I post while in work most of the time. So yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭tigger123

Paid by who? And for what purpose?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

tigger123 wrote: »
    Paid by who? And for what purpose?
    The "paid shill" thing is more than a bit overblown alright T, though down the years there have been a few examples of posters who it seems worked for different organisations, political or commercial who would have been "shills" for same to a lesser or greater degree. Well more than just normal posters that may support whatever viewpoint. Then you have the occasional more organised stuff like threads on Israel suddenly getting new or low post users wading in with well polished support for the Israeli position. They don't tend to be in play of late though, mainly because they were spotted early enough and laughed out of it because of their clumsiness.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

alastair wrote: »
    One more time for luck. You don’t need a war as a prerequisite for an asylum claim.

So what's the excuse persecution. Lots of countries could harbour these people locally. Don't see why it's up to a country thousands of miles away to have responsibility.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Source please. Preferably a breakdown of the occupations of Sudanese, Eritrean & other nationalities fleeing wars and persecution. If no information then better not to post random thoughts backed up by cloud formations.
    There you go again. In between debating tactics best left to the adolescent mind, or someone not too used to being questioned, you change goalposts so often you clearly missed your calling as a groundskeeper.

You were the one who brought up these nebulous highly qualified individuals that are seeking asylum, so it's up to you to provide the breakdowns. I merely pointed out that such highly qualified individuals are highly unlikely to be illegally coming by sea, air or land, not when there are openings for such people throughout the EU.

Well clearly such highly qualified people aren't going the refugee route or the percentages of those refused from the top places like Albania, Georgia, Nigeria wouldn't be nearly 100%. Syria being the outlier, because mad crazy notion, there's an actual humanitarian sh1t show over there. So it seems our own International Protection Officers aren't seeing too many doctors crossing the threshold.
    That so? Then why the 52% for Brexit whose campaign was founded on a heavy dose of xenophobia. Some scratching under the surface and the fear of the other seeped through very quickly.
    Indeed and for divilment let us agree on that point, that 52% of British voters in that referendum are racists/xenophobes to one degree or other. I have no problem with acknowledging xenophobia all the way to overt racism as an issue and that very thing is yet another reason why "multiculturalism" is doomed to failure. And again, no this time it won't be different.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

So what's the excuse persecution. Lots of countries could harbour these people locally. Don't see why it's up to a country thousands of miles away to have responsibility.

You don’t? Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

They're damn right

Wibbs wrote: »
    I have no problem with acknowledging xenophobia all the way to overt racism as an issue and that very thing is yet another reason why "multiculturalism" is doomed to failure. And again, no this time it won't be different.

Ah right. Just like Saudi provides the best social model for those awkward issues of sexism, homophobia, and sectarianism.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

alastair wrote: »
    Ah right. Just like Saudi provides the best social model for those awkward issues of sexism, homophobia, and sectarianism.

What has that got to do with what Wibbs said?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement