Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

oughterard people - see OP for Mod warning 29/09/19

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    The political representation at the highest levels of the UK parliament, London mayoralty and UK business suggest that multiculturalism is indeed working very well thank you.
    Just don't mention the small issue of 'brexit', which sees the end of the EU as we know it, after many decades. Border control & mass migration was seen as a major factor in pushing the leave voters over the 50% line.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,571 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

18.6% vs 17% in Dublin, not much difference. Of course the non-EU homeless family issues in Dub (20%+), is of a concern

Also:
    https://connachttribune.ie/crime-on-the-rise-in-galway-687/

There were more than 2,000 burglaries and thefts recorded in Galway last year (2018) – a rise of more than 12% on the previous year. The total of 122 rape and sexual assault reports, marked an increase from 109 the previous year.
    General indications (bar the odd exception), is it not the case, that on average it's actually going up?

So I post an article from the Connacht Tribune from 2019 showing a huge fall in crime. To oppose that you post an earlier out of date 2018 article. Sterling work man.

And 1.6% is a significant difference in terms of population. About to increase with the next census and estimated at 24% in the most recent Connacht Tribune. The city is thriving, integrated and pretty peaceful. Multiculturalism working extremely well here lads.

Just don't mention the small issue of 'brexit', which sees the end of the EU as we know it, after many decades. Border control & mass migration was seen as a major factor in pushing the leave voters over the 50% line.

And yet the major parties all have multicultural representation at the highest levels. The fields of art, sport and business are the same. The UK is integrated and it'll take the racists some time to untwine that.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

The political representation at the highest levels of the UK parliament, London mayoralty and UK business suggest that multiculturalism is indeed working very well thank you.
    The statistics at the highest levels of research would tend to disagree with them. Never mind those at the highest levels of the ethnic minorities. A commonality with both the "right" and "left" on this matter is they treat ethnic minorities as a fetish, a fancy - something with a long history in European thought - and rarely actually listen to them.
    How about this from the Irish Independent? From the Garda spokesperson - A Garda member received a minor facial injury during the incident

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/five-arrested-and-garda-viciously-assaulted-after-public-order-incident-at-drogheda-pub-38392037.html

Stick to the facts lads, the facts.
    Good counsel indeed. The very URL you link to says "garda-viciously-assaulted" in the middle of it, and here you are debating the level of viciousness. Anything to deflect from your hobby horse.
    Try spelling his name right. It's on every page as an aid to you.
    Ohh get her. Handbags at dawn no doubt. Like I said earlier, when you and your chums "arguments" wear thin, your inevitable go to is base and clumsy superciliousness in lieu of argument. If I were to stoop to your level, mark me, it would akin to giving a diuretic to a sperm whale as far as extracting the volume of urine is concerned. But I prefer to let my arguments speak for themselves.
    Those in opposition to you are posting respected media links and easily verifiable facts.

Though your congnitive dissonance leads you to prefer guff to back up your views, guff from Putinist and racist sites that aim to sow discontent. You'll probably not be convinced but to convince us please post something other than lies and YouTube nonsense.
    Tinfoil hat DIY here.
    Apparently according to you the leading poverty research and information site in the UK is "Putinist". I have no problem dragging up wiki or any other "acceptable" site or source you like to back up my points. Such links are oddly missing from your posts.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

So I post an article from the Connacht Tribune from 2019 showing a huge fall in crime.
    All it demonstrates it's highly variable from one year to the next. With a couple of very worringly high rises in rape, fraud and criminal damage very recently.
    And while there was a year-on-year decrease in most offences, some recorded an increase, including rape and sexual assaults (up 11% to 39), fraud (up 22% to 84); assaults causing harm (up 4% to 138); criminal damage (up by one third to 184 cases) and shoplifting (up 3% to 187).

• Advertisement

Wibbs wrote: »
    Hmmm..

So still on the same tack proving my last point for all to see? And that's only the last hour.

I'm making stuff up eh Alastair? All that comes from you seems to be airyfairy vagueness about cultural vibrancy, if you respond directly at all. Earlier I pointed out the *trigger warning!* facts that in multicultural societies ethnic minorities are much higher in the poverty and crime and social issues stats than the native ethnicity(in the west Whites). No? I'm making stuff, sorry "****e" up again?

From the above link from Poverty UK: Around two-fifths of people from ethnic minorities live in low-income households, twice the rate for White people.
    Within this, there are big variations by ethnic group. More specifically, the proportion of people who live in low-income households is:

20% for White people.
    30% for Indians and Black Caribbeans.
    50% for Black Africans.
    60% for Pakistanis.
    70% for Bangladeshis.

Do you want me to dig up the stats that show while Afro-Caribbeans make up 3% of the UK population they make up 14 % of the UK prison population? And yep there are all sorts of reasons for this, not least racism within the justice system and society in general, but after many decades of trying to solve that knotty problem it's still there and in the case of some crimes getting worse. Not many whities on stabbing sprees, or acid attacks. The Pakistani minorities are way overrepresented in rape and sexual assault cases. When authorities have been bothered to investigate, when not afraid of being seen as "racist". Oh and those stats will be similarly reflected in every single "multicultural" nation in Europe.

Again these are *trigger warning!* facts, not conjecture. And those facts lead me to firmly believe this multicultural pipe dream is just that, a pipe dream, not least for the minority folks. It's no wonder some of them seek to set themselves apart in such nations. If I were a third generation Pakistani Muslim guy in England I would, because I would know I was born into a half truth.

Again, why are some of us so hellbent in wanting to import that nonsense here? Yes we have our own social problems and no mistake, so why the hell import more of them???

Say, someone like Sadiq Khan, Baroness Warsi & Sadiq Javid? All three of whose fathers worked as bus drivers in the UK. They seem pretty settled now and ain't going anywhere.

And yet the major parties all have multicultural representation at the highest levels. The fields of art, sport and business are the same. The UK is integrated and it'll take the racists some time to untwine that.
    Here we go again, this lad addresses anyone of the 17,400,000 that voted brexit (for any reason) as racists, my oh my what a poor show.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

True A, though the joke there is the vast majority of the migrations and the ones that a fair number were most "concerned" about were from Britain's former colonies and a goodly chunk of that was before they even joined the Common Market. They joined up in 1973. Their minister and utter retard Enoch Powell's "rivers of blood" speech about the issues with immigrants was in 1968. You know the Beatles song "Get back" from '69? One of the early studio outtakes has lyrics aimed at Pakistani and other folks, suggesting they heed the words of the title... So that was in play long before the dreaded EU. Caribbean, Indian and Pakistani folks were showing up in big numbers in the late 40's,50's and 60's. Leaving the EU is more likely to increase the numbers of those some wanted to get shot of going to the UK, now that the taps to the EU folks are about to be turned off.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

The statistics at the highest levels of research would tend to disagree with them. Never mind those at the highest levels of the ethnic minorities. A commonality with both the "right" and "left" on this matter is they treat ethnic minorities as a fetish, a fancy - something with a long history in European thought - and rarely actually listen to them.

Good counsel indeed. The very URL you link to says "garda-viciously-assaulted" in the middle of it, and here you are debating the level of viciousness. Anything to deflect from your hobby horse.

Ohh get her. Handbags at dawn no doubt. Like I said earlier, when you and your chums "arguments" wear thin, your inevitable go to is base and clumsy superciliousness in lieu of argument. If I were to stoop to your level, mark me, it would akin to giving a diuretic to a sperm whale as far as extracting the volume of urine is concerned. But I prefer to let my arguments speak for themselves.

Tinfoil hat DIY here.
    Apparently according to you the leading poverty research and information site in the UK is "Putinist". I have no problem dragging up wiki or any other "acceptable" site or source you like to back up my points. Such links are oddly missing from your posts.

Ethnic minorities as fetish - not with the positions they're currently in.

Garda assault - poster said the facial injuries were lifelong. Garda sources said minor. You've been factually pulled up on a lie.

Spelling - when criticising refugees/immigrants for lack of education & literacy it's best to show some yourself.

Wiki - not a respected new site. Amendable by anyone with an agenda.

All it demonstrates it's highly variable from one year to the next. With a couple of very worringly high rises in rape, fraud and criminal damage very recently.

Nope. To refute a 2019 article with a huge decrease in crime you post an older article. Kind of self-defeating you must admit.

• Advertisement

Spelling - when criticising refugees/immigrants for lack of education & literacy it's best to show some yourself.
    What's a 'new site'? Did you mean to spell it as 'NEWS website'?

Say, someone like Sadiq Khan, Baroness Warsi & Sadiq Javid? All three of whose fathers worked as bus drivers in the UK. They seem pretty settled now and ain't going anywhere.
    Barrack Obama an African-American chap became the president of the USA, the highest office in their land. The African-American community must be on the pigs back by your meagre reckoning. Try again. Try better.

Nope. To refute a 2019 article with a huge decrease in crime you post an older article. Kind of self-defeating you must admit.
    Nope. It goes up and down from year to year.

Unless you have e.g. several straight years of a decrease, it really isn't a trend.
    They don't call a recession based on one single set of fiscal results.

The huge decrease you mention, had even bigger increases (above 10%) in some very, very worrying and serious areas, including 'rape and fraud'.

Barrack Obama an African-American chap became the president of the USA, the highest office in their land. The African-American community must be on the pigs back by your meagre reckoning. Try again. Try better.

So, the Mayor of London, the Chancellor of the Exchequer and the ex-Chair of the Tory Party don't count? Three of the top positions in the country and many others also on the ladder. Best not to say that ethnic minorities don't get listened to when these three and others have put themselves in positions where there's no choice but to listen to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,133 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Seathrun66 wrote:
    Galway is the most multi-cultural city in the country. And amongst the lowest crime in the country. All good down here lads and happy for the integration to continue.
    If you live in Galway then you live in a bubble based on the hat statement.
    Seathrun66 wrote:
    What Galway gang? And links to crime reports? More nonsense from hysterical anti-immigrants without any factual basis.
    There are a bunch of them, at least three are adults now and in prison, a couple in Oberstown too. They hang outside shops and terrorise people. If somebody talks back to them they attack.

Nope. It goes up and down from year to year.

Unless you have e.g. several straight years of a decrease, it really isn't a trend.
    They don't call a recession based on one single set of fiscal results.

The huge decrease you mention, had even bigger increases (above 10%) in some very, very worrying and serious areas, including 'rape and fraud'.

Stop digging. You've got to learn that posting non-contemporaneous information doesn't wash.

Ethnic minorities as fetish - not with the positions they're currently in.
    Eh.... You really don't understand this concept do you? FYI, you've been doing it.
    Garda assault - poster said the facial injuries were lifelong. Garda sources said minor. You've been factually pulled up on a lie.
    and still debating the level of viciousness. Note; I didn't claim lifelong injuries. I did state with links, mainstream links, that it was a vicious attack on a member of our police force.
    Indeed, I must consult those Phd's in logic and rhetoric from Albania and Nigeria rocking up to our shores. According to you I should be spoilt for choice.
    FYI folks, translation of the above: All sites not supportive of my position are not a respected new[sic] site and likely co opted by Vlad the Bad Putin.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,133 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Seathrun66 wrote:
    How about this from the Irish Independent? From the Garda spokesperson - A Garda member received a minor facial injury during the incident
    There was a Garda involved in that incident who received scars that will last.
    Seathrun66 wrote:
    Stick to the facts lads, the facts.
    I obviously know more than the media do about this obviously. Of course they are all left leaning these days it seems so probably want to report as little as possible about any incident which is bad for foreign nationals.

eagle eye wrote: »

There are a bunch of them, at least three are adults now and in prison, a couple in Oberstown too. They hang outside shops and terrorise people. If somebody talks back to them they attack.

How so?

And links please on any convictions relating to an African gang in Galway? You get any crime or court information from an Irish print media source on such a gang and I'll leave the thread. Hint - there's nothing.

Would love to conceive of myself an a commentator on sartorial eloquence but it just ain't me.

• Advertisement

Stop digging. You've got to learn that posting non-contemporaneous information doesn't wash.
    You've also got to learn that one single year, does not signify a trend.

Would also class the 'way huge' increases there in rape and fraud (above 10%) as very serious and worring crimes indeed.

So, the Mayor of London, the Chancellor of the Exchequer and the ex-Chair of the Tory Party don't count? Three of the top positions in the country and many others also on the ladder. Best not to say that ethnic minorities don't get listened to when these three and others have put themselves in positions where there's no choice but to listen to them.
    Oh they "count", as poster boys - and if required whipping boys, Sadiq Khan an example - for "multiculturalism", but yet again you avoid the point about the usual and general state of the ethnic minorities they spring from. And those people you mention have had to fight far harder than if they had pale skin.
    Around two-fifths of people from ethnic minorities live in low-income households, twice the rate for White people.
    Within this, there are big variations by ethnic group. More specifically, the proportion of people who live in low-income households is:

20% for White people.
    30% for Indians and Black Caribbeans.
    50% for Black Africans.
    60% for Pakistanis.
    70% for Bangladeshis.

Eh.... You really don't understand this concept do you? FYI, you've been doing it.

and still debating the level of viciousness. Note; I didn't claim lifelong injuries. I did state with links, mainstream links, that it was a vicious attack on a member of our police force.

Indeed, I must consult those Phd's in logic and rhetoric from Albania and Nigeria rocking up to our shores. According to you I should be spoilt for choice.

FYI folks, translation of the above: All sites not supportive of my position are not a respected new[sic] site and likely co opted by Vlad the Bad Putin.

Ethnic politicians in the UK - so you say they're not listened to, I show three in strong positions and then you backtrack. Cool with me.

Garda attack - poster said lifelong injuries, Gardai themselves confirmed that's a lie. You dispute the Gardai spokesperson's account of a minor facial injury? Repeat - minor facial injury.

Wiki - a site anyone can change whether right, left, centre, etc. Not a respected news site of record and surprising you'd dispute that. Alas you guys opposing immigrants aren't coming up with any sources at all bar pals down the pub and racists without facts on spurious channels. Works on some, but not anyone who forensically questions stuff.

You've also got to learn that one single year, does not signify a trend.

Would also class the 'way huge' increases there in rape and fraud (above 10%) as very serious and worring crimes indeed.

You can go back to the nineties if you wish. Crime is dropping in Galway (from an already low level), the facts are there and you're continuing to dig a hole opposing that.

Alas you guys opposing immigrants aren't coming up with any sources at all bar pals down the pub and racists without facts on spurious channels.
    You're coming up with none.

Oh they "count", as poster boys - and if required whipping boys, Sadiq Khan an example - for "multiculturalism", but yet again you avoid the point about the usual and general state of the ethnic minorities they spring from. And those people you mention have had to fight far harder than if they had pale skin.

Undoubtedly they had to fight. But so did the pale-skinned Irish who made it in the UK. And the Slavs there now continuing to try to succeed.

More likely a litany of posts with "****e" writ often.
    If not in content, in spirit.

any-genuine-psychics-out-thereor-are-they-all-just-out-there.jpg

You're coming up with none.

Link on Garda attack discrediting previous poster's lies about lifelong injuries.

Status of UK Pakistani-British politicians confirming levels of power and influence of such.

Information on Salthill DPC disproving lack of such in wealthy areas.

Pointing out lack of information on an organised African gang in Galway.

Those from the past hour or so. Plenty more on the previous night. But hey guys, the cognitive dissonance ensures nothing will alter your beliefs. Not facts. Not evidence. What's one to do? Just happy that you're a tiny minority and people with anti-refugee views aren't gaining ground in Ireland.

Undoubtedly they had to fight. But so did the pale-skinned Irish who made it in the UK. And the Slavs there now continuing to try to succeed.
    And why did they have to fight? And why are they the outliers of their communities? Do you want me to hand hold you to links "acceptable" to you to back this up?

Waits for penny to drop, though I fear the purse is empty, at least on that score. With someone with this much apparently at stake, one does ponder on the notion of a vested interest beyond the high horse "morality" in view.

• Advertisement

There was a Garda involved in that incident who received scars that will last.

I obviously know more than the media do about this obviously. Of course they are all left leaning these days it seems so probably want to report as little as possible about any incident which is bad for foreign nationals.

Not according to the Gardai. And apologies, but I'll rely on them more than I will on you.

And if you know more than the media then I'll obviously have to defer to you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement