Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

oughterard people - see OP for Mod warning 29/09/19

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,973 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Sand wrote: »
    Whereas other people - such as Boggle, Sean and Alastair - are clearly not concerned with what is best for Irish/European people.

I can only speak for myself, but you are talking absolute bollix.

We are legally obliged to process asylum seekers and that isn't going to change any time soon, so what you feel or what I think is moot. You do understand that right?

Now sitting on the internet playing edgelord fantasist is cool, fill your boots.

But please don't name check me in the middle of your delusion.

Plenty of other similar chaps who think they are going to be replaced to discuss it with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Boggles just happens to overlook that the circa 90% rejection rate of application in recent times, i.e. 90% or so are illegal economic migrants, which means the actual genuine cases whom should be helped have their places took thanks to people traffickers.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,133 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    The default argument of someone with an inability to address a point.

And one lunchtime violent offence does not constitute a crime rampage. And does not make for an African criminal gang that a poster here (but no one else) claims knowledge of.
    Mr Williams from this article is a friend, or former friend as it may be now, and fellow gang member of Goodnews from the other article. I believe they turned against each other in an ongoing Galway Circuit court case which a number of youths of African decent were also involved in. These guys are all over 6' tall and intimidate people regularly in Galway. Mr Williams is also of African decent.

Of course you are not a man of your word so I'm sure you will keep posting and keep denying that there is a gang and tell me I don't have enough proof or some rubbish like that.
    Why don't you go ask a Garda in Galway if there is a gang and see what he says to you.

https://galwaydaily.com/courts/youths-sentenced-for-racially-charged-neighbourhood-brawl/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,571 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Do guards keep stats on call outs ? I could ask the local guard when i see him again, i usually play poker with him on a Thursday night, its him that was telling me about it, ill ask him Thursday night if he's there.

On the i.t. link, as my old boss used say "paper never refused ink "

Yes, all recorded. Stops them dossing off and playing poker on duty.

Wibbs wrote: »
    Please point out where I have been condescending towards same. I have said that the contention that doctors and engineers are streaming across the sea and land routes into the EU is decidedly unlikely, not when such qualified people can and indeed do come here quite legally through normal channels.

And it's hardly effective as you think it, as it tends more to reveal a prissy pettiness in your tactics along with the other snippy little responses that come to the fore when you've clearly nothing left in the tank. It's the debate equivalent of "you smell!!" and best left for the playground really. Oh and it may have escaped your notice that the same tactics that are common among you and your chums, are oddly enough uncommon among those on the other side of this debate.

I have answered your "points" repeatedly, you either deflect off to another "point" and/or refuse to acknowledge those answers and instead you rinse and repeat your consistent childishisness in your answers.

When fleeing persecution those channels of application tend to get closed. Hence the persecution.

• Advertisement

BumperD wrote: »
    Presentation Primary school Newcastle

St Patrick’s likewise.

Both city schools

The requested breakdown ethnicity figures? Random school names are meaningless.

Im SEEING the bigger picture being portrayed to me from different sources i know from the locality, plus from what i see doing the door on a local pub for te festival

I play poker with a few different people one of whom is a guard, one part of the puzzle in a fairly simple jigsaw

I guess you also have the inside scoop on Neymar's ongoing transfer to Barcelona. When his agent turns up at the next poker session could you pass on the details to us.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 370 ✭✭WB Yokes

eagle eye wrote: »
    Mr Williams from this article is a friend, or former friend as it may be now, and fellow gang member of Goodnews from the other article. I believe they turned against each other in an ongoing Galway Circuit court case which a number of youths of African decent were also involved in. These guys are all over 6' tall and intimidate people regularly in Galway. Mr Williams is also of African decent.

Of course you are not a man of your word so I'm sure you will keep posting and keep denying that there is a gang and tell me I don't have enough proof or some rubbish like that.
    Why don't you go ask a Garda in Galway if there is a gang and see what he says to you.

https://galwaydaily.com/courts/youths-sentenced-for-racially-charged-neighbourhood-brawl/

Not a great bunch of lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,571 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Boggles wrote: »
    I can only speak for myself, but you are talking absolute bollix.

We are legally obliged to process asylum seekers and that isn't going to change any time soon, so what you feel or what I think is moot. You do understand that right?

Now sitting on the internet playing edgelord fantasist is cool, fill your boots.

But please don't name check me in the middle of your delusion.

Plenty of other similar chaps who think they are going to be replaced to discuss it with.

But you acknowledge you are prioritising legalistic obligations, over what is best for the Irish people? If we see bad laws, we should reform them. You're not interested in doing so because its convenient to whatever your actual priority is.

And we are all going to be replaced Boggles. Even you. Plenty of supposedly irreplaceable people in graveyards all over the world. The only question is what we hand over to future generations.

Also a very convinient form of easy deflection.

One thing we do certainly do know, is that Syria didn't even appear greatly in any recent applications for international protection, yet the term 'war-torn' is throw about freely, by those who forget to check the simple facts.

To assume that educational standards are based on spelling alone, is naive at best. Also to assume folks in DP centres are masters of crosswords or fans of Shakespeare, again stretching the imagination slightly. Fans of gansta rap, perhaps.
    Assuming those (again, rarely from Syria) in recent times - who leap out of trucks, show up at airports and camp out in Calais would be 'above average' educationally, is being creative to say the least. Simply unproven speculaiton. You are correct however, in that they are folks we generally know 'nothing about'.

You may well have some vested interest, or get paid a small fortune playing speak n' spell with them, but the power of positive thinking also has it's limitations.
    Even Boris, will have a door wide open for anyone who can meet the new points requirements (for satisfactory spelling, and so on).

Take a quick look at the UK's NOS, only the Chinese and Indians earn a better p/hr wage than the natives. One group (Pakistan) is 2nd from bottom of the pile, but did feature Ireland's IPO top4 last year. So expect only great things, using just the power of positve thinking?

Never stated that above average educationally. Just simply that someone with your poor grammatical phrasing and literacy is well-advised not to patronise others on their education.

And not knowing anything about the citizens of nations you are dismissive of is, at best, ignorant and incurious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

You said no schools in Galway City. I just gave you 2, there are more. They were not random school names, they were very specific. For someone who was quick to quote Galway having the most diverse city, weird you don’t have the figures first hand. I’m guessing you have no clue what your talking about.

Never stated that above average educationally. Just simply that someone with your poor grammatical phrasing and literacy is well-advised not to patronise others on their education.

And not knowing anything about the citizens of nations you are dismissive of is, at best, ignorant and incurious.

I simply would question their skills, education and aptitude - when folks like you tend to put forward the proposition that they'll somehow be paying people's pension, in this coming age of workplace autonomy (significant human asset redundancy).

One thing however we do know 100% for sure, is that outside of Syrians (99% genuine) last year. The other 4 of the top 5 nationalities are averaging on a huge 93% rejection rate.

eagle eye wrote: »

Astonishing on this thread how people have anecdotal evidence from poker playing Gardai and criminals yet are unable to provide any proof of this mythical gang. Random incidents of violence by criminals do not make a gang.

I will ask the local Gardai. With low expectations given that nobody has reported an African gang on the rampage in the city. Do you think the right-wing English press who sell papers in Ireland would really miss an opportunity to draw attention to such? You think the Daily Fail wouldn't jump at the sniff of such a scoop?

Or is this gang operating in a parallel universe where this thread has accidentally stumbled into? If so is the beer cheaper in the Galway pubs over there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

BumperD wrote:
    You said no schools in Galway City. I just gave you 2, there are more. They were not random school names, they were very specific. For someone who was quick to quote Galway having the most diverse city, weird you don’t have the figures first hand. I’m guessing you have no clue what your talking about.

Ignore him Bumper. While I love my city he is of the opinion that it is some sort of blissful eutopia where we have no gangs, drugs, robberies, scumbag groups roaming the streets causing ****e. Then again it would be hard to see anything from one's computer screen looking out the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

But you claimed you never seen it ,

Do you happen to regularly visit primary schools or happen to work in education .

No ?

Ill ask him so, would it be of public record

Has to be recorded by the Duty Sergeant. Not for public record but can be requested for court proceedings and for clear purpose under The Freedom of Information Act 2014.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

When fleeing persecution those channels of application tend to get closed. Hence the persecution.
    With Syria certainly, with places like Albania and Nigeria? I've not yet met any Albanian doctors, but I have met a couple of Nigerian doctors in the last few years. I doubt they needed traffickers to get here.

One thing however we do know 100% for sure, is that outside of Syrians (99% genuine) last year. The other 4 of the top 5 nationalities are averaging on a huge 93% rejection rate.
    Indeed A, as I noted earlier it seems our own professional folks in the relevant departments aren't exactly tripping over too many doctors, engineers and university lecturers from those countries and are grading accordingly. Funny that.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

BumperD wrote: »

You're

And you're telling me that these schools (one within 15 minutes walk of me, the other 25) have a majority African pupil intake? Seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Wibbs wrote: »
    It's quite incredible that you can get "overwhelmingly positive" from an article that is at best quietly neutral on the matter and short on details and voices from the town.

How about this then - Fear Turns to Friendship:

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/fear-turns-to-friendship-as-lisdoonvarna-welcomes-asylum-seekers-1.3587878

Bit confused, it says in one article it "opened its doors to women and children", yet this article shows an interview with a 27 year old male living there?

You're

And you're telling me that these schools (one within 15 minutes walk of me, the other 25)

Do you happen to visit these schools at all or just happen to live close to

• Advertisement

I simply would question their skills, education and aptitude - when folks like you tend to put forward the proposition that they'll somehow be paying people's pension, in this coming age of workplace autonomy (significant human asset redundancy).

In terms of pension those tax contributions will come from all social grades and employment levels. As Merkel realised. Though she's clearly not going to be a popular figure here.

And aren't you happy about that rejection rate. You want false asylum claims rejected. Doesn't that imply that government services are doing their jobs thoroughly?

I dont follow soccer, i dont think theres a soccer agent playing with us but i could be wrong, would you know his name

Pini Zahavi. Please include him in your (possibly imaginary) poker game.

Ignore him Bumper. While I love my city he is of the opinion that it is some sort of blissful eutopia where we have no gangs, drugs, robberies, scumbag groups roaming the streets causing ****e. Then again it would be hard to see anything from one's computer screen looking out the window.

I challenged the poster on something very specific. The issue I had is I know 100% what was stated was completely inaccurate. It’s like if it’s written down it must be true . Blurring facts with half truths or complete nonsense or lies. The poster seems to believe spouting random posts here whether true or not will be believed. It won’t. There are some very serious issues affecting not just Galway, these centers, but the country as a whole. And spreading misinformation won’t make them go away.

The truth catches up eventually, however uncomfortable that truth is. There is no national meaningful integration policy in Ireland. It’s outsourced to some private sector owners of hotels, a few NFP, and so on.

Oughterard people are decent and have genuine concerns. They haven’t been infiltrated by any right wing conspiracy. They have real concerns and I’m glad they are discussing them in open. That’s what any normal democratic society should do, not be silenced or have people get hung up on one word a political figure ushered at a rally.

I hope the debate becomes more open. I’m all for diversity etc but controlled and not this “slide them in the back door under cover of darkness and hope to add 25% to the population of Oughterard overnight and see what happens “.

That’s just wrong. Very wrong.

No city is immune to crime, but Galway does pretty well. Here's Numbeo's assessment:

https://www.numbeo.com/crime/in/Galway

And here's a comparison with Dublin for example:

https://www.numbeo.com/crime/compare_cities.jsp?country1=Ireland&country2=Ireland&city1=Dublin&city2=Galway&tracking=getDispatchComparison

Have a read of the crime pages in the Advertiser or Tribune. Every city has its faults. But for Galway crime isn't one of them.

Gatling wrote: »
    But you claimed you never seen it ,

Do you happen to regularly visit primary schools or happen to work in education .

No ?

Never seen what? Local primary schools? Are you trolling me with random tangential remarks.

In terms of pension those tax contributions will come from all social grades and employment levels.
    Only if they're actually employed, indications aren't good for them in the 2030's.
    As Merkel realised. Though she's clearly not going to be a popular figure here.
    Nevermind here, she's no longer a popular figure even in her native Germany lol. Following her devastating defeat in Berlin state elections. She also gave indications of regret "If I could, I would turn back the time by many, many years." she said, at a news conference in Berlin, following the defeat.
    And aren't you happy about that rejection rate.
    You mean the time, cost and human advantage (for selfish economic gain) taken over the actual genuine cases?
    There's really not much to be joyous about when it appears so many have attemped to scam authorities.

Do you feel nothing for the poor actual genuine cases that deserve assistance?
    Are you satisfied with the efforts of 93% (chancers), 'having their go'?

Is he irish

An Israeli football agent. And now you know his name you can claim him as a pal on another discussion elsewhere on boards.ie.

Never seen what? Local primary schools? Are you trolling me with random tangential remarks.
    Not heard of this in any Galway City schools, the city with the largest percentage of non-Irish in the country.

And examples of such schools in Tallaght please? With figures regarding racial breakdown. Or

Did you forget your own posts ?

You're

And you're telling me that these schools (one within 15 minutes walk of me, the other 25) have a majority African pupil intake? Seriously?

P school stopped getting applications/enrollments from its traditional base for that very reason and nearly had to shut down. I know this very specifically. And I’m not saying it was right. In fact it saddened me greatly. It’s on your doorstep and you didn’t realize?

Not that I’m asking you to start sitting outside either school but when’s the last time you did? They have changed beyond all recognition in 20 years. Completely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

Seathrun66 wrote:
    No city is immune to crime, but Galway does pretty well. Here's Numbeo's assessment:

Did you actually just post a link about people's feelings?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement