Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

oughterard people - see OP for Mod warning 29/09/19

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Homelander wrote: »
    I live in Noel Grealish's constituency. He has massive support. You don't have to agree with or like his opinions but to claim otherwise is utterly deluded.

Of course he has massive support. Everyone respects someone who tells it as it is. Pity there wasn't more like him not scared to tell the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

revenent wrote: »
    How can you explain how they manage to get to Ireland?, there are no direct flights from most of these countries, they lie to get to the golden ticket that is Ireland and England.
    The genuine people can't afford the prices to get here, hence why there are relocation programmes.
    If Ireland followed the legalisation as you say in another post we WOULD be better off, the Dublin regulation agreement is not enforced here despite it being the DUBLIN agreement.
    The deportation stats are horrendous when you realise how many are coming in on a weekly basis and how many are deemed illegible.
    Fair play to the people in the town for standing up and saying it, yet as always they are portrayed badly on the news and the government.

They get here by plane, by bus, by ferry, by lorry, by car, by train. There’s no requirement for them to arrive here directly. Neither Ireland or the UK are any ‘golden ticket’, far more appealing welfare provision, and better odds of a successful claim for asylum seekers elsewhere in Europe. The Dublin regulations are enforced if an asylum seeker is in the system of another EU country, but there’s no obligation on an asylum seeker to make their claim until they arrive here.

The deportation stats account for all refused claimants. Don’t know how you could improve on that. 15% of them required enforced deportation, so I guess a reduction in that percentage would be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

alastair wrote: »

The deportation stats account for all refused claimants. Don’t know how you could improve on that.

9,197 deportation orders since 2011 and 8 years later 1800 give or take were deported .

The deportation orders numbers are a joke ,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Of course he has massive support. Everyone respects someone who tells it as it is. Pity there wasn't more like him not scared to tell the truth.

Everyone who sees the likes of Trump, Johnson & Casey as truth-tellers.

Everyone else sees Grealish as the latest in a long line of reactionary one-note chancers. He’ll meet a hell of a lot of opposition in Galway City and he’ll be brave to canvass around the university.

Gatling wrote: »
    9,197 deportation orders since 2011 and 8 years later 1800 give or take were deported .

The deportation orders numbers are a joke ,

9,197 have left, on foot of deportation orders. 1800 of them had to have their deportation orders enforced. This isn’t a tricky concept.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭revenent

They get here by plane, by bus, by ferry, by lorry, by car, by train. There’s no requirement for them to arrive here directly. Neither Ireland or the UK are any ‘golden ticket’, far more appealing welfare provision, and better odds of a successful claim for asylum seekers elsewhere in Europe. The Dublin regulations are enforced if an asylum seeker is in the system of another EU country, but there’s no obligation on an asylum seeker to make their claim until they arrive here.

The deportation stats account for all refused claimants. Don’t know how you could improve on that. 15% of them required enforced deportation, so I guess a reduction in that percentage would be good.

Sorry but that is not correct, it is a golden ticket, no there isn't an obligation, yet if they are fleeing why would they "want Ireland" what's wrong with rest of eu? The ability to work and bring as many "dependents" as they like is why. If the success was so high why are so many presenting after flying from mainland Europe? Because success doesn't matter when even a refusal has no consequences.

Sorry but that is not correct, it is a golden ticket, no there isn't an obligation, yet if they are fleeing why would they "want Ireland" what's wrong with rest of eu? The ability to work and bring as many "dependents" as they like is why. If the success was so high why are so many presenting after flying from mainland Europe? Because success doesn't matter when even a refusal has no consequences.

Compare Sweden’s asylum provision, claim acceptance rates, and welfare supports to here. We’re no golden ticket. There’s a limit on family reunion too - spouse and children under 18. That’s it, and it takes years. Refusal and two appeal rejections means deportation - which is a pretty clear consequence. You seem to have been fed a fine line of bull**** from somewhere.

9,197 have left, on foot of deportation orders.

No .

9197 deportation orders doesn't Equate to 9197 voluntary leaving with financial incentive

No .

9197 deportation orders doesn't Equate to voluntary leaving with financial incentive

Their repatriation isn’t voluntary - they’ve been issued with a deportation order. They just leave without enforcement being required. There’s no financial incentive - either way they don’t pay.

Compare Sweden’s asylum provision, claim acceptance rates, and welfare supports to here. We’re no golden ticket. There’s a limit on family reunion too - spouse and children under 18. That’s it, and it takes years. Refusal and two appeal rejections means deportation - which is a pretty clear consequence. You seem to have been fed a fine line of bull**** from somewhere.

Where's the language coming from?and why? As I'm sure you already have look through my previous posts and the jobs I have been doing.
    Then come back and apologise for such a comment. I do know what I'm talking about.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

9,197 have left, on foot of deportation orders. 1800 of them had to have their deportation orders enforced. This isn’t a tricky concept.

How do you know theyve left?

Even last year close to 400 asylum seekers just disappeared not even turning up for the first interview in the process

Where's the language coming from?and why? As I'm sure you already have look through my previous posts and the jobs I have been doing.
    Then come back and apologise for such a comment. I do know what I'm talking about.

Nope - you’re either regurgitating bull****, or making it up yourself. No other options i’m afraid.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

That’s the responsibility that comes with our legal obligation to process asylum seekers.

Very simple solution.

We will not consider asylum applications from Albanians and Georgians who show up in this country as we already know close to 100% are taking the piss and are bogus. If they want to claim asylum they apply to the nearest Irish embassy to their home country. They are then assessed by claims system in Ireland. If found to be legitimate we welcome them here, we can even fly them over. If not legimate we tell them they have no entitlement to claim asylum.

Then watch the asylum claims from those countries shrink to almost nothing. And no loss because chancers from those countries are keeping out genuinely entitled claimants from warzones.

Even last year close to 400 asylum seekers just disappeared not even turning up for the first interview in the process

Then they’re not asylum seekers, are they?

Woodsie1 wrote: »
    How do you know theyve left?

Because they’re not here, are they?

Nope - you’re either regurgitating bull****, or making it up yourself. No other options i’m afraid.

It's amazing how several pro asylum seekers posting on here have a thing for attacking posters who don't agree with them ,
    Yet they use the word ,hate and racism despite no one making racist comments or hate speech.

Repeated across multiple threads

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

Then they’re not asylum seekers, are they?

They likely pesented first as asylum seekers but decided later that a few difficult questions at an interview would expose their lies.

It's amazing how several pro asylum seekers posting on here have a thing for attacking posters who don't agree with them ,
    Yet they use the word ,hate and racism despite no one making racist comments or hate speech.

Repeated across multiple threads

Never mentioned hate or racism to you. I mentioned bull****, which related to the claims you’re making. Any other confusion?

Because they’re not here, are they?

How do you know they are not here?

• Advertisement

Really well formed point to the benefit of all reading. There you go everyone, look how well put and eloquent that is. Not a leg to stand on.
    Everyone seems to forget about the poor japanese man murdered in Dundalk only a year ago. By a failed asylum seeker.What's your opinion on that? one attack is enough for Ireland, one is too many.

How do you know they are not here?

Any evidence of them? Anything at all?

Really well formed point to the benefit of all reading. There you go everyone, look how well put and eloquent that is. Not a leg to stand on.
    Everyone seems to forget about the poor japanese man murdered in Dundalk only a year ago. By a failed asylum seeker.What's your opinion on that? one attack is enough for Ireland, one is too many.

Strangely enough, i’m not a big fan of murder. Is there a point to bringing this up? Because it seems like more bull****.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

I presume a lot will do what lots of Irish do in the States. Get a cash job and stay off the radar.

You said they were gone,its up to you to prove it.
    I didnt make any claim,you did!

Never mentioned hate or racism to you.

It's written all over your posts .

Hence why I said it .

Again it's a small minority who want to dictate who and what people can discuss and if several people don't like it's racism ,its a hatred of refugees ,it's this or that ,

When in fact it's censorship

You said they were gone,its up to you to prove it.
    I didnt make any claim,you did!

I don’t have to prove anything. Whatever gave you that idea?

It's written all over your posts .

Hence why I said it .

Again it's a small minority who want to dictate who and what people can discuss and if several people don't like it's racism ,its a hatred of refugees ,it's this or that ,

When in fact it's censorship

That’s an inner dialogue you’ve got going on then - i’ll Leave you to it.

I don’t have to prove anything. Whatever gave you that idea?

You said they all left?
    I asked how do you know?

• Advertisement

I presume a lot will do what lots of Irish do in the States. Get a cash job and stay off the radar.

I believe It was was reported several years back in the media that the number of people outside of DP was 2/3 higher working in the black economy ,
    So we could have anything between 10-15,000 living and working here illegally .

But we deported 1800 out 9000 + since 2011 keep up the good work lads let me guest they can't find the other 7000+ supposed to be deported over an 8 year period

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement