Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

oughterard people - see OP for Mod warning 29/09/19

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Gatling wrote: »
    Absence from where .

You claims they left now your saying because there absence from........

Absence from Ireland, obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,137 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Isn't this thread about Oughterard?
    Why aren't all these people housed in Dublin? It wouldn't alter the population much, wouldn't alter the demographics much, lots of public transport too, good opportunities for work. I'm sure Africans would prefer our east coast and the milder weather to being out near the Atlantic coast too.
    It's insane to put these people in the middle of nowhere. It's very unfair to majorly alter the demographics of an area overnight. A town with no Garda station, not much likelyhood of employment, not even a footpath to the local town from the proposed centre, not much in the way of public transport.
    It's just ridiculous to even consider putting these people there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

alastair wrote: »
    Absence from Ireland.

Prove they are gone and this is easily solved1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Any proof of the 9197 actually leaving .

No .

Provided earlier in terms of enforced deportation orders and Irish Times article with figure on 2018 voluntary deportation. Remainder are appeals.

You're peddling a myth on thousands of underground failed asylum seekers. Right wing press would be all over it, but there's nothing to report and someday you'll eventually see through the fog of anger.

Anyway, adieu mes amis.

Woodsie1 wrote: »
    No I havent.
    You saying they are not here is not proof.
    Just admit you are bullsh1tting

No bull**** required. If you’ve the slightest bit of evidence that they are here, then i’d Be delighted to hear it. Otherwise you’ll just have to accept that those deported have left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Absence from Ireland.

Only you have claimed this .

Can you please explain how you definitely 100% know these 9197 people actually left .

We know 1800 were deported over 8 years now explain where the other 7300 + went to

No bull**** required. If you’ve the slightest bit of evidence that they are here, then i’d Be delighted to hear it. Otherwise you’ll just have to accept that those deported have left.

You claimed they were gone,its up to you to show proof of that.
    I havent claimed anything.

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Provided earlier in terms of enforced deportation orders

Talking about tied up in knots

Provided earlier in terms of enforced deportation orders and Irish Times article with figure on 2018 voluntary deportation. Remainder are appeals.

You're peddling a myth on thousands of underground failed asylum seekers. Right wing press would be all over it, but there's nothing to report and someday you'll eventually see through the fog of anger.

Anyway, adieu mes amis.

Alastair your friend has left you hanging:eek:

Has nobody any proof of alastairs claim?

Absence from where .

You claims they left now your saying because there absence from........

Ansence or Absinthe? Get thee to bed.

• Advertisement

You claimed they were gone,its up to you to show proof of that.
    I havent claimed anything.

Once again, you’re quite mistaken. I don’t have to prove anything to you. Glad to help.

Could have sat in Dublin , Shannon ,knock airports counting I suppose but it would be hard to be there for all 9197 departures

9,197 have left, on foot of deportation orders. 1800 of them had to have their deportation orders enforced. This isn’t a tricky concept.

Here it is again...alastair claimed they left.
    Wheres the proof?

Its ok to admit you made it up.:P

Could have sat in Dublin , Shannon ,knock airports counting I suppose but it would be hard to be there for all 9197 departures

Why not? You're clearly doing sod all else.

:rolleyes: Says the lad posting here day and night:pac:

No point attacking me .

:rolleyes: Says the lad posting here day and night:pac:

Flexitime innit?

Flexitime innit?

Why not,youre clearly doing sod all else;)

Why not,youre clearly doing sod all else;)

Plagiarism is reductive.

Plagiarism is reductive.

Aww...poor you...care to back up your mate in his claim all rejected asylum claimants were deported?

EDIT...actually they were served deportation orders and "left'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭revenent

Having worked in one of those named I can tell you they havnt left.
    Also the actual stats of residence are under reported. It's nice to actually have people vocal on here who have a brain and can form a reasonable argument!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Absence from Ireland, obviously.

Grade A spoofing lads, well done.

The minister admits he hasnt a clue but believes it to be "significant". Yet heres two spoofers going around in ever decreasing circles claiming they're all gone because "obviously" and something about Right Wing /anger.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

eagle eye wrote: »
    Isn't this thread about Oughterard?
    Why aren't all these people housed in Dublin? It wouldn't alter the population much, wouldn't alter the demographics much, lots of public transport too, good opportunities for work. I'm sure Africans would prefer our east coast and the milder weather to being out near the Atlantic coast too.
    It's insane to put these people in the middle of nowhere. It's very unfair to majorly alter the demographics of an area overnight. A town with no Garda station, not much likelyhood of employment, not even a footpath to the local town from the proposed centre, not much in the way of public transport.
    It's just ridiculous to even consider putting these people there.

The argument from the pro DPC posters is this would encourage even more asylum seekers. The same posters are in favour of virtually unrestricted asylum and migrants flowing in here but only when its to places outside Dublin. When you talk of building DPCs in Dublin, they immediately come up with excuses and reasons why that's not a good idea.

The minister admits he hasnt a clue but believes it to be "significant". Yet heres two spoofers going around in ever decreasing circles claiming they're all gone because "obviously" and something about Right Wing /anger.

Any evidence that they’re here? Because otherwise they’re gone. I hear a lot of guff about ‘spoofing’, but it seems quite clear that it’s those insinuating that there’s ex asylum seekers living here who are spoofing. They’re known to the authorities, fingerprinted, without means of support, and highly problematic to any employer in a context where there’s ample casual labour without authorities dramas attached.

The argument from the pro DPC posters is this would encourage even more asylum seekers. The same posters are in favour of virtually unrestricted asylum and migrants flowing in here but only when its to places outside Dublin. When you talk of building DPCs in Dublin, they immediately come up with excuses and reasons why that's not a good idea.

That’s a mighty fine claim unsubstantiated with actual evidence. Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Any evidence that they’re here? Because otherwise they’re gone. I hear a lot of guff about ‘spoofing’, but it seems quite clear that it’s those insinuating that there’s ex asylum seekers living here who are spoofing. They’re known to the authorities, fingerprinted, without means of support, and highly problematic to any employer in a context where there’s ample casual labour without authorities dramas attached.
    There is hardly ample casual labour around at the minute

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭revenent

It is admirable that you are continuing on, ignoring both fact and logic. The funny thing is I actually WISH you were right, it would be a much better place to live for both the natives and genuine asylum seekers, had the unsuccesfull left in this dream scenario. Why would you voluntarily leave a country such as Ireland if you knew enforced deportations were so low and you could access the labour/healthcare and social welfare almost freely? It is enjoyable reading this seeing the comments. They are placed outside Dublin so the decision makers can both be accommodating to the eu relocations and not have to actually witness or interact with the individuals.

What's the craic if an employer is caught with an asylum seeker working for them?
    I'm sure there are a few that will chance doing a few hours work for cash in hand if they get it

revenent wrote: »
    It is admirable that you are continuing on, ignoring both fact and logic. The funny thing is I actually WISH you were right, it would be a much better place to live for both the natives and genuine asylum seekers, had the unsuccesfull left in this dream scenario. Why would you voluntarily leave a country such as Ireland if you knew enforced deportations were so low and you could access the labour/healthcare and social welfare almost freely? It is enjoyable reading this seeing the comments. They are placed outside Dublin so the decision makers can both be accommodating to the eu relocations and not have to actually witness or interact with the individuals.

Not me ignoring the facts. There’s no evidence that they’re still here. That’s the key fact. Enforced deportations are low because the majority opt to travel on their own - it’s not voluntary, it’s by order. Ex asylum seekers have no access to any welfare whatsoever.

• Advertisement

revenent wrote: »

Not me ignoring the facts. There’s no evidence that they’re still here. That’s the key fact. Enforced deportations are low because the majority opt to travel on their own - it’s not voluntary, it’s by order. Ex asylum seekers have no access to any welfare whatsoever.
    Where do they go when they head out of here I wonder?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement