Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

oughterard people - see OP for Mod warning 29/09/19

Options

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

No halting sites or DPCS for areas where the liberal lefty celebrities live in Killiney and Dalkey. Strange that.

So much for helping the poorest.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

For all you know the person serving you in a fast food outlet could be illegal. They are hardly going to wear a badge advertising their status.

Any evidence to suggest failed asylum seekers are here? Any study of the makeup of undocumented workers here provides no such evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,388 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

alastair wrote:
    Because Lisdoonvarna has has rapid demographic change on the back of a DPC. And they’ve coped perfectly well.

I didn't ask you about Lisdoonvarna.

I'm asking you if you think that changing the demographics of Oughterard so majorly and so fast is fair to the people who have resided and invested their whole lives in the area?

eagle eye wrote: »
    I didn't ask you about Lisdoonvarna.

I'm asking you if you think that changing the demographics of Oughterard so majorly and so fast is fair to the people who have resided and invested their whole lives in the area?

Here’s what you actually asked:
    Do you think it's fair to majorly alter the demographics of a small town overnight?

No halting sites or DPCS for areas where the liberal lefty celebrities live in Killiney and Dalkey. Strange that.

Except for the DPC that was in Killiney of course.

• Advertisement

alastair wrote:
    Here’s what you actually asked:

I'm asking you now if you think that changing the demographics of Oughterard so majorly and so fast is fair to the people who have resided and invested their whole lives in the area?

I'm asking you now if you think that changing the demographics of Oughterard so majorly and so fast is fair to the people who have resided and invested their whole lives in the area?

And I’m once again pointing you to the experience of the equivalent impact of the DPC in Lisdoonvarna. Which seems to be grand.

alastair wrote:
    And I’m once again pointing you to the experience of the equivalent impact of the DPC in Lisdoonvarna. Which seems to be grand.
    So you won't answer the question asked then?

So you won't answer the question asked then?

You keep failing to notice I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,130 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

On one hand you are complaining about the cost of them, on the other you want them built in a very expensive part of the country. Then on the other hand you don't want them built at all. Yes 3 hands!

You are gone full blown parody.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

alastair wrote: »
    Their absence substantiates this.

No you said they were gone. I can post several examples.
    You're obvs privy to more information than the minister.

So go on then, where are you getting your knowledge?

Just admit your spoofing, and in your opinion, you believe a significant number have left, as per the minister. "Sorry for the error lads". Be easier for everyone.

So. "They're" either:
    all here
    all gone
    Or a number have gone, a number remain.

I suspect a number have gone, and a number remain. What number? No idea. The minister doesnt know. He says "significant".
    But to claim they're all gone, and insisting they're all gone, really just demonstrates you're spoofing and frantically trying to dig yourself out of the hole you pulled the statement from.

No you said they were gone. I can post several examples.
    You're obvs privy to more information than the minister.

So go on then, where are you getting your knowledge?

Just admit your spoofing, and in your opinion, you believe a significant number have left, as per the minister. "Sorry for the error lads". Be easier for everyone.

So. "They're" either:
    all here
    all gone
    Or a number have gone, a number remain.

I suspect a number have gone, and a number remain. What number? No idea. The minister doesnt know. He says "significant".
    But to claim they're all gone, and insisting they're all gone, really just demonstrates you're spoofing and frantically trying to dig yourself out of the hole you pulled the statement from.

I’m noticing no evidence to dispute their absence.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I’m noticing no evidence to dispute their absence.

Were all noticing your total lack of any evidence to back up your claim.

Can you please provide proof to back up your claim.

Gatling wrote: »
    Were all noticing your total lack of any evidence to back up your claim.

Can you please provide proof to back up your claim.

Once again - their absence substantiates their having left.

Please provide proof of your claim

No-one is omniscient, and confirm with 100% confidence, either their presence or absence.
    The rational person would take the "out" offered, and agree, "yes a number have left, and a number remains. No-one knows, the relevant minister believes it to be significant"

But you continue to effuse from your hoop. Spoofing & Spoofing.

Russels teapot comes to mind.

Please provide proof of your claim

Refer to my previous post. Cheers.

No-one is omniscient, and confirm with 100% confidence, either their presence or absence.
    The rational person would take the "out" offered, and agree, "yes a number have left, and a number remains. No-one knows, the relevant minister believes it to be significant"

But you continue to effuse from your hoop. Spoofing & Spoofing.

Russels teapot comes to mind.

Still nothing to dispute the absence of these people. Noted.

Refer to my previous post. Cheers.

Which provided zero evidence to back up your claim.

Can you back it up yes or no

alastair wrote:
    You keep failing to notice I have.
    No all you have said is Lisdoonvarna.

• Advertisement

Which provided zero evidence to back up your claim.

Can you back it up yes or no

The absence of the people referred to is ample evidence of their having left.

No all you have said is Lisdoonvarna.

I’ve said that Lisdoonvara - a town that has undergone such a radical demographic change you referred to, has been fine. Yes. Any other confusion?

Still nothing to dispute the absence of these people. Noted.

"Noted" hillarious stuff.
    You're well and truly out of your depth.

Ive made no claim. You on the contrary have:
    "They're all gone"
    Back yourself up. Substantiate yourself. Or just continue to spoof.

Ive taken a very lazy option, and said I reckon some left, some remain. As to numbers, ive no idea. Its seems no one does. "Significant" seems to be an attempt to quantify.

We're waiting Spoofer!

"Noted" hillarious stuff.
    You're well and truly out of your depth.

Ive made no claim. You on the contrary have:
    "They're all gone"
    Back yourself up. Substantiate yourself. Or just continue to spoof.

Ive taken a very lazy option, and said I reckon some left, some remain. As to numbers, ive no idea. Its seems no one does. "Significant" seems to be an attempt to quantify.

We're waiting Spoofer!

Their absence substantiates their having left. I’m quite happy to repeat the same logical conclusion for you time after time. If you’re claiming that some are still here - where’s the evidence? Or could you be the spoofer?

The absence of the people referred to is ample evidence of their having left.

The absence where? Everywhere? Anywhere? There? Here?

This is very simple.
    The responsible minister with legions of public servants, immigration service, and An Garda Siochana etc. says a "significant" number has left, and admits they dont really know.

But you've taken it on yourself to claim they're all gone. With not a scintilla of proof. Other than "well they're not here, are they?" type spoof my 5 year old would be embarrassed to persist with.

You're probably better off getting a thread ban at this stage, its the only way of getting out of this mauling . You've lost any semblance of dignity and only making a show of yourself.

The absence where? Everywhere? Anywhere? There? Here?

This is very simple.
    The responsible minister with legions of public servants, immigration service, and An Garda Siochana etc. says a "significant" number has left, and admits they dont really know.

But you've taken it on yourself to claim they're all gone. With not a scintilla of proof. Other than "well they're not here, are they?" type spoof my 5 year old would be embarrassed to persist with.

You're probably better off getting a thread ban at this stage, its the only way of getting out of this mauling . You've lost any semblance of dignity and only making a show of yourself.

Their absence from Ireland obviously, that’s the nature of deportation. Be sure to ask if you’ve any other difficulties.

Their absence substantiates their having left. I’m quite happy to repeat the same logical conclusion for you time after time. If you’re claiming that some are still here - where’s the evidence?

Im basing my view on what the minister says." A significant number have left"
    Ergo. Some remain. How many? No idea. Could be 1, 10, 100. I dont know. Heres the rub though. I havent made any claims!
    You did though, and its very obvious you're spoofing

Their absence from Ireland obviously, that’s the nature of deportation.

But they weren't deported 1800 were the other 7000 + haven't gone anywhere .

Your claim - is only an opinion but in the scheme of things and this discussion we need fact ,
    But for whatever reason your confusing your opinion as actual fact

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

• Advertisement

Im basing my view on what the minister says." A significant number have left"
    Ergo. Some remain. How many? No idea. Could be 1, 10, 100. I dont know. Heres the rub though. I havent made any claims!
    You did though, and its very obvious you're spoofing

You’re claiming that some are here. Without any evidence to support that claim. I can point to the absence of deported asylum seekers. What’s substantiating your claim?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement