Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

oughterard people - see OP for Mod warning 29/09/19

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

eagle eye wrote: »
    Who besides you used those words?
    There is a gang in Galway. They have been involved in multiple assaults, they are involved in the drugs trade. There are quite a few of them.
    I know this is the case, I suggested you go ask a garda which you haven't to this point but keep banging on there is no proof despite a media article being posted which states that criminals of African decent were part of a gang. It doesn't give enough names as far as your concerned for it to be a 'big gang'. It seems you don't understand that the only names and numbers that will ever be mentioned in a court report will be of those charged and any named witnesses.

Au contraire. I talked to a Garda at the car park beside Mill St. station at 11.45 this morning. He said there were no African gangs in operation in Galway. I explained that this came from posters on boards.ie and they were adamant that there were issues in the city but were utterly unable to pinpoint an area or specific organised crime. His response - ‘keyboard warriors’.

alastair wrote: »
    Because Lisdoonvarna has has rapid demographic change on the back of a DPC. And they’ve coped perfectly well.

As has Ballaghaderreen.

As will Oughterard if it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭Nermal

What’s unfair in demographic change?

That it is imposed without consent, obviously...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

They were all deported, and 1800 had their deportation enforced. Not opinion, a fact illustrated with the numbers.

So of the 9000 odd deportation orders, 1800 odd were "forced". The rest left voluntarily, i.e. werent "enforced".
    Notwithstanding most of them probably would have preferred to remain.

Yes. As i feared, we're back to square one. You're just repeating yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Nermal wrote: »
    That it is imposed without consent, obviously...

Strangely enough - I’ve never in my entire life been asked to consent to my neighbours. Every last one of them ‘imposed’ on me.

• Advertisement

So of the 9000 odd deportation orders, 1800 odd were "forced". The rest left voluntarily, i.e. werent "enforced".
    Notwithstanding most of them probably would have preferred to remain.

Yes. As i feared, we're back to square one. You're just repeating yourself.

Again - none left voluntarily. All left under orders.

“A deportation order requires the person concerned to remove themselves from the State and it is only where they fail to do so that the State is forced to remove them and enforce the rule of law.”
    Dept. Of Justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Im not too sure you know how this works

It’s quite simple. People with right-wing agendas make up stuff and then gullible people unquestioningly swallow it all.
    Would the same gullible people swallow left wing agendas if they were offered them?

Let me know when you can produce any evidence for your claim. Cheers.

Evidence of my claim that i base my position on the Minister in charge?? Sure I've said it several times! No need to even link it, im saying it again here!

Lets remind ourselves of what I've "claimed".
    Because the minister has said, the number who have left is "significant", it stands to reason, there must be a few remaining... he didnt say "all of them" are gone. Just "a significant" number have.

So off you pop, and lets have your evidence of your claim.
    In its absence, we'll just have to continue pelting with rotten cabbages.

Evidence of my claim that i base my position on the Minister in charge?? Sure I've said it several times! No need to even link it, im saying it again here!

Lets remind ourselves of what I've "claimed".
    Because the minister has said, the number who have left is "significant", it stands to reason, there must be a few remaining... he didnt say "all of them" are gone. Just "a significant" number have.

So off you pop, and lets have your evidence of your claim.
    In its absence, we'll just have to continue pelting with rotten cabbages.

That’ll be a ‘no’ then.

Bullocks wrote: »
    Would the same gullible people swallow left wing agendas if they were offered them?

The left don’t demonise people seeking asylum from war or persecution.

The right offer easy targets. It’s easier to hate the ‘other’ and allow yourselves justification for what’s not quite right in your life.

It obviously can’t be your own intellect, education, personality, work credo or fecklessness that’s responsible for your under-achievement.

It’s that guy from Aleppo whose entire family got wiped out. Or that Ugandan who had death threats and beatings on a weekly basis for being gay. Or that woman from Tripoli whose opposition to the government had made her a target. It’s those people that have ruined your lives.

• Advertisement

Strangely enough - I’ve never in my entire life been asked to consent to my neighbours. Every last one of them ‘imposed’ on me.

Heck, we may even have some of the wayward posters here imposed on us sometime in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

There are hundreds of asylum seekers in direct provision in Dublin. Keep ignoring that aside from Clondalkin and Baleskin, there are scores of temporary set-ups that host hundreds of people.

How many asylum seekers have been sent to Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

According to whom other than you .

Preferably someone who can supply us evidence on this thread to back up your opinion

Did I say it was comparable? Did anyone mention percentages?
    The claim was that Dublin didn’t take asylum seekers, or that there was just a singular DP centre in the city. Neither is true. The DP centre population in Dublin is 776, but there are hundreds more in temporary hotel and b&b set ups around the city - such as the Clayton Hotel in Swords.

A small proportion of the local population, compared to the numbers sent to small towns and villages in the provinces

Gatling wrote: »
    According to whom other than you .

Preferably someone who can supply us evidence on this thread to back up your opinion

That’s the nature of a deportation order.

nuac wrote: »
    A small proportion of the local population, compared to the numbers sent to small towns and villages in the provinces

Yes, it is. And?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭del roy

Au contraire. I talk to a Gardai at the car park beside Mill St. station at 11.45 this morning. He said there were no African gangs in operation in Galway. I explained that this came from posters on boards.ie and they were adamant that there were issues in the city but were utterly unable to pinpoint an area or specific organised crime. His response - ‘keyboard warriors’.

I wouldn't use the guards to confirm anything, two years ago a school girl from Adamstown, Lucan was badly beaten by a gang of new Irish.
    My sister met the locals guards daily and asked them about the incident, they said "THEY DIDN'T HEAR ABOUT THAT INCIDENT OR THEY DIDN'T THINK THAT WOULD OF HAPPENED.

Only problem about "they didn't think that would of happened" is I actually worked with the girls aunt.
    They actually turned up outside the school two days later to beat her up again.

The media should report all assaults no matter who is involved.

That’ll be a ‘no’ then.

Yes, i cant prove what the minister is saying is true...
    Are you saying he's lying?

I honestly believe you've no interest in honest debate. Just derail and hope this gets shut down.

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    The current behaviour of this Govt is the exact reason why America has the 2nd Amendment. Leo and co. wouldn't be so arrogant about this whole thing if they thousands of armed Irish would be storming the Dail or their homesteads[same thing for the other tyrants in Europe like Merkel, Macron, Juncker,etc]

Tyrants love an unarmed populace. You're seeing why now.

I hope you are joking

The left don’t demonise people seeking asylum from war or persecution.

The right offer easy targets. It’s easier to hate the ‘other’ and allow yourselves justification for what’s not quite right in your life.

It obviously can’t be your own intellect, education, personality, work credo or fecklessness that’s responsible for your under-achievement.

It’s that guy from Aleppo whose entire family got wiped out. Or that Ugandan who had death threats and beatings on a weekly basis for being gay. Or that woman from Tripoli whose opposition to the government had made her a target. It’s those people that have ruined your lives.
    Nobody is ruining my life at all. I'm tipping along nicely

• Advertisement

Yes, i cant prove what the minister is saying is true...
    Are you saying he's lying?

I honestly believe you've no interest in honest debate. Just derail and hope this gets shut down.

Nothing in the Minister’s comments at odds with what I’m telling you. It’s a fact that everyone issued with deportation orders leaves however. If they don’t go, the order is enforced.

“A deportation order requires the person concerned to remove themselves from the State and it is only where they fail to do so that the State is forced to remove them and enforce the rule of law.”
    Dept. Of Justice.

Nice attempt to move goals!
    So we're agreed as to the process.
    Thank christ, progress.

So, again, of the 8000 odd deported but not "enforced", how many removed themselves? I.e. not the 1800 odd ones we know were deported, because, you know yourself, "we" put them on planes etc. How many/what percentage of the deported were actually deported, theyre no longer in the state.
    All you say
    A significant number says the minister

One of you is wrong. I'm going to go with the guy being advised by An Garda, immigration service, Courts service etc.

So there you are. Unless you can produce a rabbit out of a hat that proves the minister is wrong, we're left with your spoof.

Nothing in the Minister’s comments at odds with what I’m telling you. It’s a fact that everyone issued with deportation orders leaves however. If they don’t go, the order is enforced.

It cleary is.
    "All" V "a significant number".
    If theyre all enforced, why cant the minister say, yup, they're all gone lads"

And another statement of fact.
    Would you stop with the spoof.

What did ye think of the piece on radio 1 there about the hotel in Oughterard?
    All seemed reasonable people that made sense. Even James the asylum seeker siad it is doing them no good to live so far from the city. He was against direct provision centres but favoured smaller groups that would fit in with the area easier, similarly the woman from Oughterard said the same thing and that they would welcome asylum seekers with open arms in smaller more manageable numbers.
    James said living in a direct provision centre was like being in prison without knowing the length of your stay and could understand why Oughterard residents would feel against such a large one in a rural town

Thank christ, progress.

So, again, of the 8000 odd deported but not "enforced", how many removed themselves? I.e. not the 1800 odd ones we know were deported, because, you know yourself, "we" put them on planes etc. How many/what percentage of the deported were actually deported, theyre no longer in the state.
    All you say

One of you is wrong. I'm going to go with the guy being advised by An Garda, immigration service, Courts service etc.

So there you are. Unless you can produce a rabbit out of a hat that proves the minister is wrong, we're left with your spoof.
    No spoof. No goalpost movement. Anyone who doesn’t leave following a deportation order, has that deportation enforced. Every last one of those served with deportation have left the country. Feel differently? Then provide some evidence.

What did ye think of the piece on radio 1 there about the hotel in Oughterard?
    All seemed reasonable people that made sense. Even James the asylum seeker siad it is doing them no good to live so far from the city. He was against direct provision centres but favoured smaller groups that would fit in with the area easier, similarly the woman from Oughterard said the same thing and that they would welcome asylum seekers with open arms in smaller more manageable numbers.
    James said living in a direct provision centre was like being in prison without knowing the length of your stay and could understand why Oughterard residents would feel against such a large one in a rural town

Pity a smaller number were denied the chance to live in Rooskey and Molville, which would have helped spread smaller numbers wider.

The frustration suggests otherwise.

Thank christ, progress.

All you say

All failed applicants receive deportation orders. Those that don't comply are forcibly removed as the poster is saying.

It's not difficult. it's really not difficult.

From yesterday's Galway Advertiser. Seems like the local Church ain't too happy about the protest in Oughterard:

https://www.advertiser.ie/galway/article/110385/use-of-church-grounds-for-oughterard-protest-march-was-unacceptable-says-parish-priest

• Advertisement

The frustration suggests otherwise.
    What am I frustrated about ? I really don'rt think I am

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement