Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

oughterard people - see OP for Mod warning 29/09/19

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    All failed applicants receive deportation orders. Those that don't comply are forcibly removed as the poster is saying.

Prove it , back up his claim with evidence not his opinion .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,709 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Someone earlier asked for a link to a court report in the Tuam herald regarding illegal workers in Ireland
    Below is a full text of the court report
    My phone dos not permit sending a link

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Bullocks wrote: »
    What am I frustrated about ? I really don'rt think I am

Only you can answer that. Anyway, better for us to focus on the issues and facts here.

Gatling wrote: »
    Prove it , back up his claim with evidence not his opinion .

You clearly don't know how the system works. He's explained the process several times. To wilfully deaf ears I fear.

Step 1 - deportation orders.
    Step 2 - people comply.
    Step 3 - those that don't are forcibly deported.

The utter inability of anyone here (nor in the media or right-wing sites and blogs) to provide any information whatsoever on the presence of underground failed asylum seekers leads to bluffing on the part of you guys. Give up, we're not biting.

Someone earlier asked for a link to a court report in the Tuam herald regarding illegal workers in Ireland

Tuam companies prosecuted for employing staff without permits...
    A judge told Tuam Court that he had some sympathy for employers who took on staff without thoroughly checking work permits. Judge James Faughan said many companies were having difficulty finding staff and with all the administration and paperwork involved he wasn't surprised that a few mistakes might be made and some would slip through the net. He made his comments when 3 Tuam companies were prosecuted for employing staff who were not entitled to work in Ireland. The companies are Halcon steel, square plate and santori restaurant. They were all charged with gainfully employing persons without the proper work permits. The Judge enquired from the prosecuting solicitor as to why a man who was an asylum seeker couldn't work following the supreme Court decision which he understood made it possible to do so. He was informed that this particular asylum seeker didn't meet the criteria to be elegible but the solicitor was unable to explain why this was so. Judge Faughan said "I have every sympathy it is hard to get staff" and allowed the defendants to make a contribution to the poor box

• Advertisement

An empty link. Post of the thread thus far.

You clearly don't know how the system works.

Again can you back you back up his opinion with evidence .

Yes or no

A judge told Tuam Court that he had some sympathy for employers who took on staff without thoroughly checking work permits. Judge James Faughan said many companies were having difficulty finding staff and with all the administration and paperwork involved he wasn't surprised that a few mistakes might be made and some would slip through the net. He made his comments when 3 Tuam companies were prosecuted for employing staff who were not entitled to work in Ireland. The companies are Halcon steel, square plate and santori restaurant. They were all charged with gainfully employing persons without the proper work permits. The Judge enquired from the prosecuting solicitor as to why a man who was an asylum seeker couldn't work following the supreme Court decision which he understood made it possible to do so. He was informed that this particular asylum seeker didn't meet the criteria to be elegible but the solicitor was unable to explain why this was so. Judge Faughan said "I have every sympathy it is hard to get staff" and allowed the defendants to make a contribution to the poor box

Please provide a link to show this isn't invented text. Try again at home.

Nothing like this on the Tuam Herald site. Nor any crime links regarding this when I put in the names of the three companies with the Tuam Herald. Nor on their crime pages.

And I don't know the paper well but would they really have so many spelling and grammatical errors? Name of the judge (Faughnan I know, there's no Faughan), eligibile, capital letters, 3 instead of three, etc, etc. Basic journalistic stuff.

You've got to do better.

Please provide a link to show this isn't invented text. Nothing like this on the Tuam Herald site. Nor any crime links regarding this when I put in the names of the three companies with the Tuam Herald. Nor on their crime pages.

And I don't know the paper well but would they really have so many spelling and grammatical errors?
    Give over it was in the September 18 issue. I copied it in long hand.dont flatter yourself that I would invent text for you

Again can you back you back up his opinion with evidence .

Yes or no

Yes. I provided government stats in a prior post, the Irish Times article re deportees who left in 2018 and information on the appeals procedure. There's nobody underground here, there are no African criminal gangs in Galway and you guys are going to have to look up cognitive dissonance once more.

• Advertisement

Give over it was in the September 18 issue. I copied it in long hand.dont flatter yourself that I would invent text for you

Why is there nothing online in local or national court reports? Nothing regarding the judge or three firms you've alleged are involved in this case. No court reports, nothing, simply nothing at all bar your paragraph? The Connacht Tribune and Galway Tribune similarly have nothing, nada, zilch.

For all I know you may be telling the truth but there's no online evidence and others here are telling a lot of porkies so you'll forgive me for being suspicious.

Yes. I provided

No I asked again can you provide proof 7197 failed asylum seekers have left the country as claimed by you and one other

Because we know 1800 were deported since 2011 .

Why is there nothing online in local or national court reports? Nothing regarding the judge or three firms you've alleged are involved in this case. No court reports, nothing, simply nothing at all bar your paragraph? The Connacht Tribune and Galway Tribune similarly have nothing, nada, zilch.

For all I know you may be telling the truth but there's no online evidence and others here are telling a lot of porkies so you'll forgive me for being suspicious.
    Buy the September 18 issue online it will cost you €2. I'm sorry for putting this expense on you but I said before I can't post a link from this phone at the moment

Buy the September 18 issue online it will cost you €2. I'm sorry for putting this expense on you but I said before I can't post a link from this phone at the moment

It's not even showing a link to the article behind a paywall so I won't shell out. Happy for you to post it if it comes online in the next few days. Cheers.

No I asked again can you provide proof 7197 failed asylum seekers have left the country as claimed by you and one other

Because we know 1800 were deported since 2011 .

You don't seem able to grasp the concept of people leaving once a deportation order is made against them and they're allowed time to get their affairs together before departing.It's what people do rather than be embarrassingly bundled on a plane by police officers and security. You understand the retention of dignity thing?

They've all gone so rest easy in your bed tonight. There are no mythical marauding gangs coming for you.

You don't seem able to grasp the concept of people leaving once a deportation order .

Can you please provide evidence that 7197 failed asylum seekers actually left the country .

Yes or no .

Can you please provide evidence that 7197 failed asylum seekers actually left the country .

Yes or no .

The information has all been laid out for you. Choosing not to avail of it is your prerogative. But therefore remaining ignorant is also your prerogative.

The information has all been laid out for you.

No there you go again stop lying and backing up someone else lying .

You cannot provide proof that 7197 failed asylum seekers left the country ,
    Hence the personal attacks last night when it became obvious you and another person got caught by your own lies .

All you's have done is disrupt a thread in the hope you's get it shut down

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 559 ✭✭✭PostWoke

Doblin wrote: »
    What's their problem like?

Sure let's move them in to your back garden/spare rooms instead, see if you can think of a list of things after a week.
    You don't seem able to grasp the concept of people leaving once a deportation order is made against them and they're allowed time to get their affairs together before departing.It's what people do rather than be embarrassingly bundled on a plane by police officers and security. You understand the retention of dignity thing?

They've all gone so rest easy in your bed tonight. There are no mythical marauding gangs coming for you.

How can someone be so ignorant to the goings on in their own country?

First, what affairs do asylum scammers have that need to be 'gotten together'?

Secondly, they haven't gone anywhere. Right to Remain is a thing, and also a complete load of nonsense. Never in all my years working abroad was I told I could kinda just hang around once my permission to be in the country had expired. Like Gatling asked, you got any evidence of deportations in the numbers you're suggesting?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Hence the personal attacks last night when it became obvious you and another person got caught by your own lies .

If they were still here, there would be some evidence of it. There’s none. You’re familiar with Occam’s razor? Their absence is the proof.

• Advertisement

Nope, just challenging people with distorted ideas of other human beings. Mainly as a channel for their anger. Being frustrated with refugees fleeing war and persecution ain't going to soothe your soul.

And no need for personal attacks, but the opposite. Those with no factual back up aim them at us.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

PostWoke wrote: »
    Sure let's move them in to your back garden/spare rooms instead, see if you can think of a list of things after a week.

Because residents in a local hotel are pretty much equivalent to an unwanted houseguest. Gotcha.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 559 ✭✭✭PostWoke

alastair wrote: »
    Because residents in a local hotel are pretty much equivalent to an unwanted houseguest. Gotcha.

Unwanted??? You saying OP is a RACIST????

You got caught lying simple and you and the other one rather than coping on and realising you made big error yous started with personal attacks ,

And here your still chasing your tail and someone elses at the same time trying to come up with a narrative to suit the lie .

It's not working as multiple posters have pointed out .

• Registered Users Posts: 38,146 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Seathrun66 wrote:
    Au contraire. I talked to a Garda at the car park beside Mill St. station at 11.45 this morning. He said there were no African gangs in operation in Galway. I explained that this came from posters on boards.ie and they were adamant that there were issues in the city but were utterly unable to pinpoint an area or specific organised crime. His response - ‘keyboard warriors’.
    I don't believe you. The reason being that the Gardai would not lie to you.

eagle eye wrote: »
    I don't believe you. The reason being that the Gardai would not lie to you.

Did he actually post that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Bullocks wrote: »
    What am I frustrated about ? I really don'rt think I am

Only you can answer that. Anyway, better for us to focus on the issues and facts here.
    You are the one that said I was furstrated . Why say it and when questioned then  you take it on yourself to tell me to focus on the issues and facts here ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

The information has all been laid out for you. Choosing not to avail of it is your prerogative. But therefore remaining ignorant is also your prerogative.

No it hasnt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Nope, just challenging people with distorted ideas of other human beings. Mainly as a channel for their anger. Being frustrated with refugees fleeing war and persecution ain't going to soothe your soul.

And no need for personal attacks, but the opposite. Those with no factual back up aim them at us.

All anyone is asking, is for some evidence of the % of the 8000 odd deportation orders, that are actually gone.
    "A significant" number per the minister.
    "All" per your man alastair.

• Advertisement

You got caught lying simple and you and the other one rather than coping on and realising you made big error yous started with personal attacks ,

And here your still chasing your tail and someone elses at the same time trying to come up with a narrative to suit the lie .

It's not working as multiple posters have pointed out .

List the personal attacks. Because I've not seen any to those in favour of giving people fleeing persecution somewhere safe to stay.

And don't bother with the deflection. You're fighting an unwinnable argument. We've got obligations under international treaties and protocols that will be honoured. We'll continue assessing asylum claims and continue denying many the right of residence here while providing sanctuary for others.

Your every conjecture, nonsense anecdote and lie here has been thoroughly debunked. It's only facts that are important and you've provided none. Lies about overstaying illegal asylum seekers, organised African gangs et al. Your gut feelings are irrelevant and about to become less so in an increasingly progressive Ireland. Adieu to the hatred.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement