Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

oughterard people - see OP for Mod warning 29/09/19

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,136 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

I don't think anyone has an issue with genuine people arriving from UN sourced and vetted refugees.

You'd be wrong.

There is people out there with lots of issues, some have contributed to this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Boggles wrote: »
    You'd be wrong.

There is people out there with lots of issues, some have contributed to this thread.

Who?

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭section4

mcko wrote: »
    How many are in Dublin 4.

None but there are plenty of advocates there for them,
    But don't try to build either a DP centre or High density development
    Beside Lord kenny or Denise charlton, firmer ceo of the immigrant council of Ireland , they have some form in objecting to high density developments

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭section4

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    You've been provided with the information. Repeated answers by myself and another poster to the same question repeated ad nauseam have triggered you. You've got the evidence, you've got the information but you just can't process that you've been lied to by the anti-refugee crew. Hopefully it'll sink in someday but I fear not.

And here's some more stuff on the myths of asylum. Adieu.

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/noel-grealish-s-views-of-asylum-seekers-are-based-on-myth-1.4021295

The Irish times article written by a vested interest
    You are some fool you ,
    Can you tell me your experience of the world
    Where have you lived abroad and for how long ,
    Were you brought up in an immigrant community
    What job fo you do in Ireland
    Are you a member if a political party ,
    Because reading your posts for the Last half hour
    You are either a sixteen year old child watching musuc videos
    Which informs your opinion
    Or Or working for an NGO

Who?

There was one particular forward thinker who said we should stop all immigration from everywhere.

Couple on here promote a "party" led by a neo nazi wannabe.

It's not hard spot them.

• Advertisement

section4 wrote: »
    The Irish times article written by a vested interest
    You are some fool you ,
    Can you tell me your experience of the world
    Where have you lived abroad and for how long ,
    Were you brought up in an immigrant community
    What job fo you do in Ireland
    Are you a member if a political party ,
    Because reading your posts for the Last half hour
    You are either a sixteen year old child watching musuc videos
    Which informs your opinion
    Or Or working for an NGO

Is that a poem?

I read it as a poem.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

PostWoke wrote: »
    In what universe does this constitute 'proof'. It's not even original foolishness, you got it from someone else. Provide links proving these 7000+ deportees were actually deported or stop.

Well, just stop. Because no such thing happened. Because we have the sham that is Right to Remain in this country, where you can just kind of potter around even if you've been denied the formal right to be here.

Any asylum seeker issued with a deportation order has no right to remain - that stage in the process has passed by, and they were granted no right to remain. The formal requirement to leave the country is not voluntary. If you don’t leave, the order is enforced. No failed asylum seeker subject to deportation gets to stay in the country.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 559 ✭✭✭PostWoke

alastair wrote: »
    Any asylum seeker issued with a deportation order has no right to remain - that stage in the process has passed by, and they were granted no right to remain. The formal requirement to leave the country is not voluntary. If you don’t leave, the order is enforced. No failed asylum seeker subject to deportation gets to stay in the country.

There's all kinds of ways around this, which I trust you know...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

No failed asylum seeker subject to deportation gets to stay in the country.

In your unqualified opinion.

Not that you seem to actually know alot about the asylum seekers and failed asylum seekers here

To be honest, if i gave as much time as alastair and Seathrun spoofing, before the gig was up, i'd try and skulk off into the night.

Maybe wait a few days and come back when the fuss has died down, hope people forgot me making a fool of myself.

Or, the nuclear option, deleting my account and starting a new one.

Im embarassed for the pair of them.

I’ll treat your opinions with all the regard they deserve. Cheers.

• Advertisement

Former Justice Minister Michael McDowell told us over 15 years ago that "cock-and-bull" / "far-fetched nonsense" were being given by people seeking asylum in Ireland

"He said the patience of Irish people would be very much tested if they knew the stories being told by people looking for asylum. He said he would like to interview asylum seekers at the airport. "I would like to interview these people at the airport, but the UN insists that I go through due procedure. As soon as we go through due process and the gardai arrive, they lift the phone and call a lawyer, who gets them a judicial review to get them taken off the plane," the minister said. He criticised the large amount of "manifestly bogus" political correctness in Ireland. "There's a lot of political correctness that goes on here and it is manifestly bogus, far-fetched nonsense and it's about time we said it"

And he should know.

That whole nuisance of due process.

section4 wrote: »
    None but there are plenty of advocates there for them,
    But don't try to build either a DP centre or High density development
    Beside Lord kenny or Denise charlton, firmer ceo of the immigrant council of Ireland , they have some form in objecting to high density developments

There are currently asylum seekers in the Ballsbridge Hotel. D4.

Is that a poem?

I read it as a poem.

Outside poetry. The best way to engage with it.

That whole nuisance of due process.

What you on about, you're either coming from a wartorn/famine experiencing locale or not. You got papers to prove that? All the due process required. How did you come to this conclusion that his country is some kind of waiting room?
    There are currently asylum seekers in the Ballsbridge Hotel. D4.

And in your interesting world view better them than the hundreds of Irish hidden homeless who only became homeless because their landlord screwed them?

There's all kinds of ways around this, which I trust you know...

There’s not. I know.

What you on about, you're either coming from a wartorn/famine experiencing locale or not. You got papers to prove that? All the due process required. How did you come to this conclusion that his country is some kind of waiting room?

Asylum relates to persecution, not war or famine.

There’s not. I know.

No you don't this was proven between you and the one who's making up some amazing tales.

Gatling wrote: »
    In your unqualified opinion.

Not that you seem to actually know alot about the asylum seekers and failed asylum seekers here

I know you’ve yet to produce any evidence for your bizarre belief that deported asylum seekers remain in this country. Put up, or shut up.

There’s not. I know.

Yes there is. They can cancel their asylum application altogether.

You are wrong, and you don't know.
    Asylum relates to persecution, not war or famine.

And many are arguing that's not how it should be, welcome to finally understanding the conversation.
    I know you’ve yet to produce any evidence for your bizarre belief that deported asylum seekers remain in this country. Put up, or shut up.

You can't even prove the opposite. Why don't you try that for us.

No you don't this was proven between you and the one who's making up some amazing tales.

All you’ve proven is your ability to bore.

• Advertisement

Yes there is. They can cancel their asylum application altogether.

You are wrong, and you don't know.

They can, at which point they will be repatriated, with no right to remain.

And many are arguing that's not how it should be, welcome to finally understanding the conversation.

That’s how it is. It’s the law. Converse away.

I know i’ve yet to produce any evidence

Fixed that .

No you haven't produced a single piece of evidence for several days backing up your claim despite multiple posters asking you and the other one

Fixed that .

No you haven't produced a single piece of evidence for several days backing up your claim despite multiple posters asking you and the other one

Rinse and repeat. Let me know when you can point out those elusive deported asylum seekers. Until then - I’m done with your blather. Bye!

You can't even prove the opposite. Why don't you try that for us.

You want proof of an absence? Well there you go - nada evidence of any deported asylum seekers.

You want the same for dinosaurs?

Let me know when

When you can back up your claims

I'll be happy to remind you several times a day till I see some actual evidence of your claims

• Registered Users Posts: 4,919 ✭✭✭enricoh

Fixed that .

They get told they are unsuccessful and are to be deported and they all leave voluntarily apparently!
    Maybe a 5 year old would believe it, i dunno!

enricoh wrote: »
    They get told they are unsuccessful and are to be deported and they all leave voluntarily apparently!

This is it ,

Now we're seeing some nonsense about the dinosaur's.

enricoh wrote: »

There’s nothing voluntary about it. It’s a legal order. I’d expect a five year old to understand that much. 😂

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

There was one particular forward thinker who said we should stop all immigration from everywhere.

Couple on here promote a "party" led by a neo nazi wannabe.

It's not hard spot them.

But who in this thread has said they dont want any immigrants allowed into Ireland?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement