Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

oughterard people - see OP for Mod warning 29/09/19

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,980 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

You obviously haven't spoken to a GP from this part of the country. They go spare each summer as the expectations of them grown exponentially and there are barely enough to go around as it is.
    there are 2 within the radius of 5 km, 2 within 10 km and 53 within 30 km

What in the name of Jesus breaks out there every summer, Ebola?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 559 ✭✭✭PostWoke

alastair wrote: »
    They can, at which point they will be repatriated, with no right to remain.

Incorrect.

So I was wrong, you don't know what you're talking about. I thought you were just acting uninformed. And this is aside from those that try to appeal this decision, further dragging things out, further whining about being stuck in DP!

You have no evidence for the case you're trying to make. All of the numbers prove you wrong. And all you've done is handwave them away.

Either prove everyone here wrong or leave the thread. Stop trying to goad posters, Mr. High-Horse. Bet you have a nice Ivory Tower you go back to every evening, while the soup run lines get longer.
    Looking at this thread the irish are very inward looking. There's a very big world out there a new comers might help the IQ level

Considering the ones' that I've met, this is VERY optimistic bordering on the delusional. They're not sending us their nuclear physicists, that is for sure. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Wibbling wonder

Boggles seriously, I was talking about out in Connemara where most of the summer Irish colleges are based, Oughterard doesn't have any. There are 4 GP's for the rota which covers those areas and I have first hand knowledge of the additional workload the sniffles and coughs the Irish colleges bring. No idea where you are based but your knowledge of rural Ireland and West Galway in particular needs a bit of work.

Who are the 2 GP's within 10km - Moycullen have GP's but they are about 15kms from us in towards Galway and believe me don't make house calls to Oughterard.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Boggles seriously, I was talking about out in Connemara where most of the summer Irish colleges are based, Oughterard doesn't have any. There are 4 GP's for the rota which covers those areas and I have first hand knowledge of the additional workload the sniffles and coughs the Irish colleges bring. No idea where you are based but your knowledge of rural Ireland and West Galway in particular needs a bit of work.

Who are the 2 GP's within 10km - Moycullen have GP's but they are about 15kms from us in towards Galway and believe me don't make house calls to Oughterard.

https://www.irelandstats.com/gp-in-oughterard/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Fine - it’s wrong.

The reports in the paper are not about asylum seekers appealing deportation in the courts. That would be illegal migrants appealing their deportation.

Lets hold that 'wrong' , we'll circle back later.
    And lets not confuse the issue with illegal migrants, you're on thin ice as it is, we'll just stick with the deportation orders to whomever.

Our unsuccessful applicant is given three options:
    Consent to a Deportation Order
    Leave the State voluntarily within a certain period
    Submit a Humanitarian Leave to Remain application

These layers set it out clearly, and TBH, they were the first google return, advertising their services in OMG *screams* CHALLENGING DEPORTATION ORDERS ...

http://www.mcgrathmcgrane.ie/deportation-orders.html

Revocation of deportation order:

If you receive a deportation order and you think that the decision is invalid it may be possible to issue High Court Judicial Review proceedings within 28 days of the date of the decision.

Alternatively, if you have had a deportation order issued against you and your circumstances materially change you may be eligible to have you deportation order revoked per section 3(11) of the Immigration Act 1999.

We have experience of all types of applications, including High Court injunctions to seek to prevent imminent deportations.

Did they get this gig i wonder:
    https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.thejournal.ie/supreme-court-deportation-4736941-Jul2019/%3famp=1

They missed this gig though:
    https://sinnott.ie/193-asylum-seeker-challenges-deportation-order-before-the-high-court-4th-august-2011/
    But its an interesting one. He's challenging his detention after (wait for it) being brought back and detained, after havng being deported, surprisingly, for not leaving when he should have.

Heres a wordy case law of a deportation case
    http://emn.ie/cat_search_detail.jsp?clog=6&itemID=3169&item_name=KRA v Minister for Justice and Equality

Yup, the papers are full of challenges to deportation orders from failed assylum seekers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

At this stage alastair, I'd seriously be looking at deleting my account.

You're humiliating yourself.
    I'm a swell guy, modest and magnanimous, so you dont even have to admit you're wrong as Molls bell, just stop with the bullshít

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Wibbling wonder

Seathrun66 wrote: »

That's out of date, Tom retired hence the 1 GP in Oughterard stat. HSE have a number of open positions including a GP practice here but so far we haven't had a replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭enricoh

Fair turnout in Oughterard for a march against the centre, 2000 according to rte.
    They also had the eternal student fella interviewed in galway city he had a anti racism march organised. The cameraman did his best but i doubt he had 100 at it. The Twitterati must find online protesting handier!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

enricoh wrote: »
    Fair turnout in Oughterard for a march against the centre, 2000 according to rte.
    They also had the eternal student fella interviewed in galway city he had a anti racism march organised. The cameraman did his best but i doubt he had 100 at it. The Twitterati must find online protesting handier!
    There was a fair crowd in Oughterard and no sign of all the right wing activists or racists that some people were expecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Bullocks wrote: »
    There was a fair crowd in Oughterard and no sign of all the right wing activists or racists that some people were expecting.

I wonder if anyone here was at the other march !

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Bullocks wrote: »

Well done to the people of Oughterard.

Keep it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Hal3000

I think this protest is a message to our current leaders. We don’t ALWAYS have to accept your globalized agenda or your idea of how Ireland should be - via your European overlords. We are not racists. We are decent people that wouldn’t mind being consulted every now and again about potential changes to our society. That’s why we voted you in, for us, not just to keep the suits in Europe happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,980 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Hal3000 wrote: »
    I think this protest is a message to our current leaders. We don’t ALWAYS have to accept your globalized agenda or your idea of how Ireland should be - via your European overlords.

Don't know where you are getting that from, I haven't seen one person interviewed that said we should renege on our international commitments on people seeking asylum.

Actually they have been quite clear and consistent and one of the primary concerns they have is the welfare of the potential asylum seekers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Boggles wrote: »
    Don't know where you are getting that from, I haven't seen one person interviewed that said we should renege on our international commitments on people seeking asylum.

Actually they have been quite clear and consistent and one of the primary concerns they have is the welfare of the potential asylum seekers.

Sure... The welfare of the asylum seekers. These people are so concerned about that... Would rather they stayed in Syria etc.. being tormented than have to live in Galway with a "lack of amenities".

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

mloc123 wrote: »
    Sure... The welfare of the asylum seekers. These people are so concerned about that... Would rather they stayed in Syria etc.. being tormented than have to live in Galway with a "lack of amenities".

The posters? So are they saying that they will welcome them where? In their homes?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,562 ✭✭✭jackboy

mloc123 wrote: »

Plenty of the locals have said they would welcome a few Syrian families. This would be appropriate and easily manageable for the town. 200 refugees in a hotel in this small town is clearly not appropriate.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

PostWoke wrote: »
    Incorrect.

So I was wrong, you don't know what you're talking about. I thought you were just acting uninformed. And this is aside from those that try to appeal this decision, further dragging things out, further whining about being stuck in DP!

You have no evidence for the case you're trying to make. All of the numbers prove you wrong. And all you've done is handwave them away.

I know what I’m talking about. You’re wrong - removing yourself from the asylum process initiates repatriation or leaving the state at a minimum. I’ve not disputed any numbers, and they don’t disprove anything I’ve said. Hope that helps.

Lets hold that 'wrong' , we'll circle back later.
    And lets not confuse the issue with illegal migrants, you're on thin ice as it is, we'll just stick with the deportation orders to whomever.

Our unsuccessful applicant is given three options:
    Consent to a Deportation Order
    Leave the State voluntarily within a certain period
    Submit a Humanitarian Leave to Remain application

These layers set it out clearly, and TBH, they were the first google return, advertising their services in OMG *screams* CHALLENGING DEPORTATION ORDERS ...

http://www.mcgrathmcgrane.ie/deportation-orders.html

Revocation of deportation order:

If you receive a deportation order and you think that the decision is invalid it may be possible to issue High Court Judicial Review proceedings within 28 days of the date of the decision.

Alternatively, if you have had a deportation order issued against you and your circumstances materially change you may be eligible to have you deportation order revoked per section 3(11) of the Immigration Act 1999.

We have experience of all types of applications, including High Court injunctions to seek to prevent imminent deportations.

Did they get this gig i wonder:
    https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.thejournal.ie/supreme-court-deportation-4736941-Jul2019/%3famp=1

They missed this gig though:
    https://sinnott.ie/193-asylum-seeker-challenges-deportation-order-before-the-high-court-4th-august-2011/
    But its an interesting one. He's challenging his detention after (wait for it) being brought back and detained, after havng being deported, surprisingly, for not leaving when he should have.

Heres a wordy case law of a deportation case
    http://emn.ie/cat_search_detail.jsp?clog=6&itemID=3169&item_name=KRA v Minister for Justice and Equality

Yup, the papers are full of challenges to deportation orders from failed assylum seekers

1. See the category that the solicitors website puts this deportation info under? That’s right - it relates to illegal migrant’s legal defence, not asylum seekers.
    2. See the date on that deportation case? It precedes the 2015 streamlining of the system, where subsidiary protect claims could be made after a deportation order.
    3. See the date of that case? - 2009 - again see above.

At this stage alastair, I'd seriously be looking at deleting my account.

You're humiliating yourself.
    I'm a swell guy, modest and magnanimous, so you dont even have to admit you're wrong as Molls bell, just stop with the bullshít

I know what I’m talking about - unlike you, and your inability to provide a scintilla of evidence to support your claims.

Hal3000 wrote: »
    I think this protest is a message to our current leaders. We don’t ALWAYS have to accept your globalized agenda or your idea of how Ireland should be - via your European overlords. We are not racists. We are decent people that wouldn’t mind being consulted every now and again about potential changes to our society. That’s why we voted you in, for us, not just to keep the suits in Europe happy.

“Globalized agenda”. What a clown.

• Advertisement

jackboy wrote: »
    Plenty of the locals have said they would welcome a few Syrian families. This would be appropriate and easily manageable for the town. 200 refugees in a hotel in this small town is clearly not appropriate.

The locals in Lisdoonvarna said much the same - and they were clearly wrong. It’s been grand. And you don’t get to pick your favourite nationality of asylum seeker. Get over yourself.

The locals in Lisdoonvarna said much the same - and they were clearly wrong. It’s been grand. And you don’t get to pick your favourite nationality of asylum seeker. Get over yourself.

Has it been grand? Are the asylum seekers satisfied which the situation there?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Do you live in Lisdoonvarna?

I just find it hard to take the media seriously on this, the story on lisdoon moved from welcoming women and children to an interview with an adult male asylum seeker, who is neither female nor a child. It's almost like they have an agenda.........

Direct Provision isn’t a satisfactory situation anywhere, but the location-specific concerns raised by the locals haven’t proven to be problematic.

Do you live in Lisdoonvarna?

I just find it hard to take the media seriously on this, the story on lisdoon moved from welcoming women and children to an interview with an adult male asylum seeker, who is neither female nor a child. It's almost like they have an agenda.........

Your suspicions of journalism notwithstanding, have you any contrary evidence that the centre there has posed problems?

Direct Provision isn’t a satisfactory situation anywhere, but the location-specific concerns raised by the locals haven’t proven to be problematic.

So your saying it’s not grand then.

So your saying it’s not grand then.

The location has proven to be - yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Direct Provision as a concept is fine. It provides a safe warm place where people can wait until their claims are processed.

They aren't the problem it's the delays due to an inefficient system and failed applicants blocking the system with appeals.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Direct Provision as a concept is fine. It provides a safe warm place where people can wait until their claims are processed.

But it's not a requirement for asylum seekers many don't enter DP ,even more don't follow up with their actual asylum claims

• Advertisement

Putting 200 in a hotel outside small towns is ridiculous though. Much better to put a few families in each town which can be easily handled. Lots of towns in rural areas have empty houses since the crash.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement