Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

oughterard people - see OP for Mod warning 29/09/19

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

What about the locals in Ballsbridge who successfully opposed a DPC. They also racist??

Two DPCs in Dublin, that says it all. When ye have 10 or more, come back to us.

I’m curious about these Ballsbridge direct provsion centre protests. Can you link me to any info on them? It’ll help in establishing if there was any racism involved or indeed, if it ever happened at all.

Just on that note, you know how sometimes you see a documentary on something that highlights something scandalous (think the recent greyhound one).
    Well if there was a documentary done on the immigrant asylum applicants from the point of view of the stories they tell, the waste that goes on, the expenses associated, then I think it would be water cooler stuff for a period after. It would leave no people in any doubt to the state of the carry on.
    I personally know people working in one of the direct provision centres and the stories that come out of there are shocking. Not for the neglect or anything, but the sheer brazennes of the residents and the waste that the state pours on while no one is aware.

There is a message allowed our to Joe public through the state channel rte but if an independent documentary was done scrutinising what goes on, people would be shocked and it wouldn't be long correcting attitudes

Cool story.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Yeah that's not Irish law.

It’s international law, that we are a signatory to.

So the company providing the accommodation is doing it for no profit?

There’s no profit for the state.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

alastair wrote: »
    I know what I’m talking about...
    I know what I’m talking about - unlike you, and your inability to provide a scintilla of evidence to support your claims.

In fairness alastair, you're the complete package; ticking all the boxes:
    Hypocritical, immature, strawmanning, goal post moving, appealing to authority, and spoofing par excellance.

You've been provided with links to court cases, newspaper articles, law firms' services, and parlimentary all clearly demonstrating that there is an appeals process to deportation orders, as with most executive decisions in a democracy, that have the subject of the order in the state pending final decision, either of the executive or the judiciary, contrary to what you've repeatedly claimed, there is no one in the state the subject of a deportation order; they've all left.

Because you cant see them. This is the totality of your arguement. And something about dinosaurs.

You have offered nothing that would see anyone take you seriously.
    If we had a Spoofers Hall of Fame, induction isnt far off.

• Advertisement

In fairness alastair, you're the complete package; ticking all the boxes:
    Hypocritical, immature, strawmanning, goal post moving, appealing to authority, and spoofing par excellance.

You've been provided with links to court cases, newspaper articles, law firms' services, and parlimentary all clearly demonstrating that there is an appeals process to deportation orders, as with most executive decisions in a democracy, that have the subject of the order in the state pending final decision, either of the executive or the judiciary, contrary to what you've repeatedly claimed, there is no one in the state the subject of a deportation order; they've all left. Because you cant see them.

You have offered nothing that would see anyone take you seriously.
    If we had a Spoofers Hall of Fame, induction isnt far off.

Still no evidence for your claim then? Ah well.

Still no evidence for your claim then? Ah well.

Lets remind those in the cheap seats.

What is my claim?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Still no evidence for your claim

Were all still waiting .

Explain your claim on the government and greyhound racing do the government spend more on greyhound racing or asylum seekers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

I’m curious about these Ballsbridge direct provsion centre protests. Can you link me to any info on them? It’ll help in establishing if there was any racism involved or indeed, if it ever happened at all.

You're able to establish if someone's racist or not from reading online information.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Hal3000 wrote: »
    I think this protest is a message to our current leaders. We don’t ALWAYS have to accept your globalized agenda or your idea of how Ireland should be - via your European overlords. We are not racists. We are decent people that wouldn’t mind being consulted every now and again about potential changes to our society. That’s why we voted you in, for us, not just to keep the suits in Europe happy.

Noel Grealish must be commended.
    His constituents voted for him for exactly the reasons you mentioned. He was voted in, for representing their concerns. Clearly, he was reflecting those (however inarticulately) when he spoke to the people earlier in the month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭irishproduce

jackboy wrote: »
    Plenty of the locals have said they would welcome a few Syrian families. This would be appropriate and easily manageable for the town. 200 refugees in a hotel in this small town is clearly not appropriate.

200 young male African immigrants is the issue.
    The majority of Irish people would open their doors to distressed families fleeing war (such as Syrians as others have mentioned)
    But young lads from various parts of Africa and Asia pretending they're gay and whatever else, no thanks.

Lets remind those in the cheap seats.

What is my claim?

*drums fingers on table...

The majority of Irish people would open their doors to distressed families fleeing war (such as Syrians as others have mentioned)
    But young lads from various parts of Africa and Asia pretending they're gay and whatever else, no thanks.

200,000 eventually.

vriesmays wrote: »
    You're able to establish if someone's racist or not from reading online information.

For imaginary protesters, sure.

A reminder. You haven’t a baldy who the asylum seekers earmarked for Oughterard are.

A reminder. You haven’t a baldy...

Delicious

• Registered Users Posts: 39,980 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Have you a link to disprove his comment!

I do.

But that's not the way things work.

Gatling wrote: »
    Were all still waiting .

Explain your claim on the government and greyhound racing do the government spend more on greyhound racing or asylum seekers

He didn't claim the government spent more on greyhound racing.

I've no idea where you are getting that from.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭Nermal

It’s international law, that we are a signatory to.

Those international agreements are no longer appropriate. They were written in an age before international travel became routine. We should repudiate them.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,105 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Actually I was wrong. Between aid and the lovely collections we are just best in Europe.

My bad:pac:

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/the-republic-is-named-the-most-generous-country-in-europe-1.3679913

So 12th overall in Aid and most generous according to these guys. But yes Ireland really needs to step it up. We have so much more money to give away

• Advertisement

Actually I was wrong. Between aid and the lovely collections we are just best in Europe.

My bad:pac:

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/the-republic-is-named-the-most-generous-country-in-europe-1.3679913

So 12th overall in Aid and most generous according to these guys. But yes Ireland really needs to step it up. We have so much more money to give away

It's paywalled.

I can read the first line which doesn't even back up what you are saying.
    Ireland is the most generous country in Europe when it comes to charity giving and volunteering, according to new research.

:pac:

Boggles wrote: »
    It's paywalled.

I can read the first line which doesn't even back up what you are saying.

:pac:

Between foreign aid and the charity of the Irish people I think it’s quite a bit. I’m not sure what you’re complaining about now:pac:

I’m not sure what you’re complaining about now:pac:

I'm not complaining about anything.

I'm just fact checking.

So you have gone from.
    We spend more then any other country on foreign aid.

To
    Between foreign aid and the charity of the Irish people I think it’s quite a bit.

In 3 posts?

Get up the yard!

A reminder. You haven’t a baldy who the asylum seekers earmarked for Oughterard are.

All feeling from war-torn countries, every one of them, all Christian and willing to integrate.

I'm not complaining about anything.

I'm just fact checking.

So you have gone from.

To

In 3 posts?

Get up the yard!

:pac::pac:

Nermal wrote: »
    Those international agreements are no longer appropriate. They were written in an age before international travel became routine. We should repudiate them.

Best of luck with that pick and choose attitude to the law.

vriesmays wrote: »
    All feeling from war-torn countries, every one of them, all Christian and willing to integrate.

Let it out. Always good to share your ‘feelings’.

His quote-

Not surprised your confused .

"The cost of asylum provision to the state is about twice what it spends on horse and greyhound racing subsidies annually."

Don’t bother. He’s clearly not the sharpest tool.

• Advertisement

Don’t bother. I'm clearly not the sharpest tool.

;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement