Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

oughterard people - see OP for Mod warning 29/09/19

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,981 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Gatling wrote: »
    His quote-

Not surprised your confused .

"The cost of asylum provision to the state is about twice what it spends on horse and greyhound racing subsidies annually."

So where does he say the state spend more on the greyhound industry?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Just to clear someone's claim about government spending for horse racing and greyhound.

The figure for subvention is between 60 -80 million for an industry that employes 15,000 people in brings in about 1.8 billion to the economy.

The Cost of housing asylum seekers is 250 + million per year for 5000 asylum seekers in DP not including welfare , medical ,and not including 30 - 60 million in free legal aid.

For a grand return of ???

The Cost of housing asylum seekers is 250 + million per year for 5000 asylum seekers in DP

Link please?

Boggles wrote: »
    Link please?

Google is your friend

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Expenditure
    In 2018 expenditure on Direct Provision reached €78 million, which was at its highest level since 2010. Provisional figures provided by RIA indicate that this could exceed €120 million in 2019 based on most recent trends.

http://justice.ie/en/JELR/Spending_Review.pdf/Files/Spending_Review.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Link please?

You won’t be surprised to discover that there isn’t one. Actual costings above.

Google is your friend

No it isn't it's a search engine.

Make a claim, back it up lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Patthecat84

I think they should go ahead with the direct provision centre in oughterard and bring in a good volume of people. It's a sleepy area and it will bring a bit of life to the community. It can set itself as an example (for the future) of a community with direct provision at its heart. It can become the leading area for direct provision

It's your friend,

Beats the other ones fairy tales

I think they should go ahead with the

Is that you al

• Advertisement

It's your friend,

Grow up and stop spoofing lad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 370 ✭✭WB Yokes

"Direct provision at the heart of a community"

Someone ring Dundrum, we have an escapee...

Oughterard has been crying out for new people to come into the town for ages. Ship them into direct provision there by the dozen and solve 2 problems at once. Simples

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Oughterard has been crying out for new people to come into the town for ages. Ship them into direct provision there by the dozen and solve 2 problems at once. Simples
    When or where were they crying out for people to come into the town ? 
    If that were the case (which it isn't ) why are they protesting now ?

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

It's your friend,

You made the claim, you back it up.

No surprise that when there’s a thread about fordiners you’re in here lying as per usual, and telling us to google stuff instead of backing up your lies.

Bullocks wrote: »

YES TO REFUGEES, NO TO DIRECT PROVISION.

That's what's on the banners.

Ask anyone in oughterard and they ll tell you they have been hard hit by emigration. Direct provision centre a blessing really. Local football teams been struggling etc. They ll be back winning games with all the new additions to the teams

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 370 ✭✭WB Yokes

I'd say the hotel owner is fairly pissed at all the attention this has got. The longer this goes on the less money he makes. Maybe it will be scrapped like the Rooskey dpc was.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 559 ✭✭✭PostWoke

Oughterard has been crying out for new people to come into the town for ages.

Ah yeah sure I heard their sorrowful cries from Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭SchrodingersCat

The Cost of housing asylum seekers is 250 + million per year for 5000 asylum seekers in DP not including welfare

You need to source both those figures of your claim to have a valid debate here.

• Advertisement

Ask anyone in oughterard and they ll tell you they have been hard hit by emigration. Direct provision centre a blessing really. Local football teams been struggling etc. They ll be back winning games with all the new additions to the teams
    I've been speaking to people on Oughterard, and what you are claiming couldn't be further from the truth

YES TO REFUGEES, NO TO DIRECT PROVISION.

That's what's on the banners.
    That's what I thought they said.

WB Yokes wrote: »
    I'd say the hotel owner is fairly pissed at all the attention this has got. The longer this goes on the less money he makes. Maybe it will be scrapped like the Rooskey dpc was.
    I wonder will it be scrapped? If it is I wonder at what stage?
    I've been told all along that it will be going ahead regardless of protests but I don't think these protests were expected to grow momentum like they did and they are obviously stopping all site works so maybe it will all be given up on.

You need to source both those figures of your claim to have a valid debate here.

I'm doing what several others have openly done la la la la

I wonder will it be scrapped? If it is I wonder at what stage?
    I've been told all along that it will be going ahead regardless of protests but I don't think these protests were expected to grow momentum like they did and they are obviously stopping all site works so maybe it will all be given up on.

They might kick it down the road to another town or village which could bring locals out to block attempts to open a dpc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

They might kick it down the road to another town or village which could bring locals out to block attempts to open a dpc

Yep will be that same narrow minded response

Why would it be a narrow minded response.

We all should have a choice,we should be given a say on how many asylum seekers we take in and where to keep them till a decision is made if they are genuine fleeing persecution or looking for free lifetime of benefits

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Why would it be a narrow minded response.

We all should have a choice,we should be given a say on how many asylum seekers we take in and where to keep them till a decision is made if they are genuine fleeing persecution or looking for free lifetime of benefits

Still waiting for you to back up your earlier lies about spending there pal.

Until you do, you have absolutely no credibility.

Faugheen wrote: »

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,151 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Boggles wrote:
    Make a claim, back it up lad.
    This is bull. I'm on here years and you get the same types demanding links when they are obviously on the internet and can search for themselves.
    If you are too busy to go search something then maybe you are too busy to be on here looking for links from somebody else.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement