Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

oughterard people - see OP for Mod warning 29/09/19

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Nope. You make a claim then you back it up with facts.

Still waiting on the evidence to the claim you and Alister made .

3 days later

All we got was something about kebab shops (racial undertones)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Nope. You make a claim then you back it up with facts. Those on the anti-immigration side seem to have the unique ability not to comprehend nor accomplish this.

Hence their bluster.

Ah would you catch yourself on. Talk about biased. This nonsense adds nothing to the discourse.

Why bother providing evidence to substantiate your view, if others wont reciprocate, and just spoof. One poster seems to have started the rot, ironically a "pro immigration" poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,981 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Ah would you catch yourself on. Talk about biased. This nonsense adds nothing to the discourse.

Why bother providing evidence to substantiate your view, if others wont reciprocate, and just spoof. One poster seems to have started the rot, ironically a "pro immigration" poster.

Are you not pro immigration? :confused:

I thought we only had one anti-immigration poser, who you affectionately called a "bollix".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,573 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Gatling wrote: »
    It's the people of Oughterard to decide if they want a dp in their town is it not .

Nope. Government decision. You don't get to decide where the state locates services.

ebbsy wrote: »
    You can't vet these people.......

And that is very dangerous.

The case of the student from Eritrea(I believe) who came here on a student visa a few weeks later he viciously raped and assaulted young lady on a night out ,
    He was caught and convicted in court during his sentencing his lawyers asked the judge to adjourn the hearing as they were planning an asylum case -

He's still here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,981 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

When liberal areas like Dalkey, Foxrock, Killiney, Dun Laoighre etc each have a direct provision centre we will take someone like you seriously. Until then you and your ilk have no credibility.

The number 1 reason well to do liberal lefties are trying to force DPCs down the country is because they don't want one in their own area.

2 centres in the whole of Dublin, 2!

Fúcking imported American nonsense, it's crept into everything.

It's boring and tiresome.

Bluster, lack of comprehension of due process and general ignorance from a few posters. Stick to the facts and you'll have some credibility.

Bluster, lack of

Can you back up your and the other posters claim.?

You actually have the Gaul to call another persons credibility on here ,

your actually trolling

Nope. Government decision. You don't get to decide .

Trumpism ?

Can you back up your and the other posters claim.?

You actually have the Gaul to call another persons credibility on here ,

your actually trolling

On bluster? You're doing it for me.

And is that Asterix the Gaul you're bringing into the thread. You do know he's a foreigner, don't you?

• Advertisement

Trumpism ?

Democracy. We elect people to make decisions then thrown them out if they make the wrong ones.

The number 1 reason well to do liberal lefties are trying to force DPCs down the country is because they don't want one in their own area.

Like a lot of things whether it be homeless people or DP it's all good and dandy untill it's announced for their neighbourhood and suddenly house prices and planning issues arise

Democracy. We elect people to

Make decisions for us about us .

Not for some chaps and lasses in Nigeria who fancies life long benefits here in Ireland

Like a lot of things whether it be homeless people or DP it's all good and dandy untill it's announced for their neighbourhood and suddenly house prices and planning issues arise

Two in Galway, a city of 79,000. And we can happily accommodate more here. I'd welcome them, to dispute your assertion.The fact it's more multicultural than the rest of the country would make it easier for refugees to assimilate. Oughterard less good but still within easy reach of the city.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,131 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I've just gone through a lot of posts made during the course of today. Those of you demanding proof/evidence to support claims made would do well to follow your own advice

Now this forum allows posters to express opinions. If you wish to claim "facts" to support your position, please be prepared to back them up with substantive evidence. If you can't do so, do not repeat your claims, as that is akin to trolling

People responding to claims - do not go on about it repeatedly. Make your point and move on

Any questions PM me - do not respond to this warning in-thread

Thanks

Make decisions for us about us .

Not for some chaps and lasses in Nigeria who fancies life long benefits here in Ireland

They don't have a vote here until they become nationals. Nor do the Gauls you brought into this. You presumably have one so use it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Boggles wrote: »
    Are you not pro immigration? :confused:

I thought we only had one anti-immigration poser, who you affectionately called a "bollix".

Im pro immigration in the sense its controlled, people are processed quickly, either allowed stay or removed as quickly as practical, not left rot in DP for years, are treated with dignity.
    We dont shove 200 odd of them into some rural hamlet wheres theres fcuk all facilities, infrastructure or jobs, either for the liberal feels or to line the pockets of some party stalwart

Two in Galway, a city of 79,000. And we can happily accommodate more here. I'd welcome them,

You would happily Welcome .

Seems like the majority don't support you.

As for multicultural most come from Western , eastern Europe ,the state and Canada ,don't they

Seems like the majority don't support you.

As for multicultural most come from Western , eastern Europe ,the state and Canada ,don't they

The majority in Galway City? Your conjecture is based on what exactly? And here are the figures from the 2016 census.

Irish: 81.4% Irish
    United Kingdom national: 2%
    Polish or Lithuanian: 6.3%
    Other EU national: 5.2%
    Other nationality: 5.1%
    Ethnic Groups

White: 91.1%
    Black: 3.3%
    Asian: 3.2%
    Other: 2.4%

The majority in Galway City? Your conjecture is based on what exactly? And here are the figures from the 2016 census.

United Kingdom national: 2%
    Polish or Lithuanian: 6.3%
    Other EU national: 5.2%
    Other nationality: 5.1%
    Ethnic Groups

White: 91.1%
    Black: 3.3%
    Asian: 3.2%
    Other: 2.4%

So the majority are essentially Europeans and white according to the figures posted

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Two in Galway, a city of 79,000. And we can happily accommodate more here. I'd welcome them,

Seems like the majority don't support you

Don’t know what you’re basing this on, but we have long established that boards does not in anyway represent the ‘majority’.

Faugheen wrote: »
    but we have long established that boards does not in anyway represent the ‘majority’.

oughterard isn't boards now is it .

So the majority are essentially Europeans and white according to the figures posted

Yes. The great majority.

You said the majority wouldn't support my welcome for a new DPC in Galway City. Based on what? Would you be basing that on white people, for example, not wanting refugees?

Yes. The great majority.

You said the majority wouldn't support my welcome for a new DPC in Galway City. Based on what

The march in oughterard several thousand attended Vs the counter march in galway which was not attended by many at all .

Pretty obvious by a clear margin

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Two things very obvious here.

1. You're unable to state what my "claim" is/was despite several challenges to do so.

2. You've contradicted yourself in two breaths. Not only have you not* provided the figures, you're pulled down your pants and exposed yourself as a spoofer, for here, you say "the figures" you claim to have provided, are actually just "their absense".

It must be heartbreaking for anyone with a modicum of sympathy to your cause, (god knows, I've a positive disposition to genuine assylum seekers) watch you struggle. I'm no intellectual giant, but Jesus wept, this is like arguing with my 5 yr old. Complete with dinosaurs. Its why people like me (centrist) dont trust people like you. Its why the left-right dichotomy is becoming very polarised.

In fact, I'd wager truppence you've skin in the game. A vested interest if you like.

*anyone else would simply take my wind, and provide the figures. Nope, not you though, because you cant, you'll just spoof and insult people with low calibre armements and weak shot munitions.

The figures are uncontested and don’t disprove my point at all. As already stated. Your claim remains one without an iota of evidence. Suggest you avoid wagering.

The march in oughterard several thousand attended Vs the counter march in galway which was not attended by many at all by a clear margin

Oughterard is not Galway City.

The march in the city was against DPCs as a system and demanding an overhaul. Not an anti-Oughterard march at all. You've been misinformed.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Wibbling wonder

Oughterard is not Galway City.

The march in the city was against DPCs as a system and demanding an overhaul. Not an anti-Oughterard march at all. You've been misinformed.

I beg to differ Sean, that's precisely what our march was about, it's a broken system that does no one any favours save for the developers that are making profits out of government incompetence.

Like saying Siberia was crying out for people while Stalin was in power.

No consultation with migrants.
    And no consulation with locals.

Stalin would be impressed.

Let Stalin know that I’ve never been consulted about my neighbours either. It’s totalitarianism gone mad!

When liberal areas like Dalkey, Foxrock, Killiney, Dun Laoighre etc each have a direct provision centre we will take someone like you seriously. Until then you and your ilk have no credibility.

Oh, those liberal lefties and their quiet coup to take over the Dept of Justice!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

alastair wrote: »
    The figures are uncontested and don’t disprove my point at all. As already stated. Your claim remains one without an iota of evidence. Suggest you avoid wagering.

Look,You claimed 7000+ people served with deportation orders had left the country,you havent backed that up with any evidence except that you cant see them so they arent here.

Nobody else claimed anything in response to that,only posters looking for proof of the claim YOU made.

Show a bit of evidence they all left or else just drop it for the sake of the thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement