Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

oughterard people - see OP for Mod warning 29/09/19

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,573 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

I beg to differ Sean, that's precisely what our march was about, it's a broken system that does no one any favours save for the developers that are making profits out of government incompetence.

Sean is not my name.

Which march are you referring to? Saying 'our' isn't clear enough. There were two marches.

Woodsie1 wrote: »
    Look,You claimed 7000+ people served with deportation orders had left the country,you havent backed that up with any evidence except that you cant see them so they arent here.

Nobody else claimed anything in response to that,only posters looking for proof of the claim YOU made.

Show a bit of evidence they all left or else just drop it for the sake of the thread.

Was shown in the article by the immigration lawyer with figures yesterday. And confirmed by the entire absence of any information on people with deportation orders hiding away. They've all gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Was shown in the article by the immigration lawyer with figures yesterday. And confirmed by the entire absence of any information on people with deportation orders hiding away. They've all gone.

It wasnt.
    Absence of information doesnt confirm anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Look,You claimed 7000+ people served with deportation orders had left the country,you havent backed that up with any evidence except that you cant see them so they arent here.

Nobody else claimed anything in response to that,only posters looking for proof of the claim YOU made.

Show a bit of evidence they all left or else just drop it for the sake of the thread.

The evidence is their absence as you’ve already referred to. The government don’t collate repatriation information beyond enforced deportation - a minority activity, so the tell tale sign of asylum seekers served with deportation orders not being in the country any more, is their not being in the country any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Oughterard is not Galway City.

Not an anti-Oughterard march at all. You've been misinformed.

Who said that

• Advertisement

It wasnt.

You believe there’s still the odd dinosaur mooching about Mayo then?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Wibbling wonder

Sean is not my name.

Which march are you referring to? Saying 'our' isn't clear enough. There were two marches.

Apologies, I was referring to the march in Oughterard. I personally participated in the one in Oughterard but refused to join the one in Galway. We have seen to our cost how we were initially naive and allowed ourselves misrepresented by both the far left and right and for me at least I don't want to be associated with Loughnane's group.

alastair wrote: »
    You believe there’s still the odd dinosaur mooching about Mayo then?

Dinosaur?

Dinosaur?

The evidence of the extinction of the dinosaurs is their absence in living form. If you’re not convinced of this on the basis of absence of evidence then we have to assume that there may well be a few hangers on out there.

It wasnt.

I assume the intent is to provoke by persistent tiresomeness and rejection of provided figures. Here's the recap from the referred to post using figures from teh Irish Times:

"9,197 deportation orders have been made since 2011 while only one in five of those who received these orders – 1,857 people – have been deported from Ireland. Some 5,504 people facing deportation have been granted permission to remain following a re-examination of their case since 2011. Another 2,245 returned home voluntarily."

In return please provide information on anyone subject to deportation who's now illegally here. Any at all. Just one. In any occupation, in any city or rural area, of any gender. Anything, anything at all to back up your claim. I'm pleading for your help in getting to the bottom of this.

• Advertisement

The evidence of the extinction of the dinosaurs is their absence in living form. If you’re not convinced of this on the basis of absence of evidence then we have to assume that there may well be a few hangers on out there.

Oh ok so our governments deportation orders are equivalent to a giant asterioid that wiped the dinosaurs out:rolleyes:

9,197 have left, on foot of deportation orders. 1800 of them had to have their deportation orders enforced. This isn’t a tricky concept.

So according to your link this statement by alastair is bullsh1t.
    Thanks

Gatling wrote: »
    Who said that

You said it was a march in opposition to the Oughterard residents. Utterly untrue. Trying to spike And stir trouble between two areas of the county ain't cool.

From the Galway Tribune:

https://connachttribune.ie/public-rally-against-direct-provision-to-march-through-city/

Oh ok so our governments deportation orders are equivalent to a giant asterioid that wiped the dinosaurs out:rolleyes:

But if you don't see crow's tomorrow it's ok because they are in other parts of the country

You said it was a march in opposition to the Oughterard residents.

No I never said that

Thanks

Address my request for a source please. Don't circumvent.

And to make it simple for you. As Alastair has several times. A deportation order is issued. The person leaves of their own will or it is enforced. A deportation order can also be reversed. There are no underground illegal failed asylum seekers here.

Now provide some information.

But if you don't see crow's tomorrow it's ok because they are in other parts of the country

No not in other parts..theyve all gone:rolleyes:

Address my request for a source please. Don't circumvent.

And to make it simple for you. As Alastair has several times. A deportation order is issued. The person leaves of their own will or it is enforced. A deportation order can also be reversed. There are no underground illegal failed asylum seekers here.

Now provide some information.

Information for what?:confused:

No I never said that

This wasn't you then at 21.57:

The march in oughterard several thousand attended Vs the counter march in galway which was not attended by many at all .

You get hacked again?

Information for what?:confused:

Happy to do your work for you - my response below to you at 22.27 after I provided you with figures. You're trying to ignore this and prevaricate. Don't. Just answer or say you have nothing.

In return please provide information on anyone subject to deportation who's now illegally here. Any at all. Just one. In any occupation, in any city or rural area, of any gender. Anything, anything at all to back up your claim. I'm pleading for your help in getting to the bottom of this.

• Advertisement

The march in oughterard several thousand attended Vs the counter march in galway which was not attended

Yes several thousand people in oughterard protested against DP ,

Anyone replying to two certain posters about claims made which they have refused to back up what they say .

Have a read of the mod warning on the front page of this thread ,

Happy to do your work for you - my response below to you at 22.27 after I provided you with figures. You're trying to ignore this and prevaricate. Don't. Just answer or say you have nothing.

I replied to that with alastairs claim of 9157 have left...your link doesnt prove that

Anyone replying to two certain posters about claims made which they have refused to back up what they say .

Have a read of the mod warning on the front page of this thread ,

Yeh Im out...its all getting a bit silly now.

Seems to be a concerted effort for a thread lock

Yes several thousand people in oughterard protested against DP ,

You understand what counter march means? The march in Galway City was not a counter march as the newspaper article made clear? Do not use that term when it is not appropriate.

Don't try to stir Galwegians against each other. This is not acceptable.

You'll be missed. As will your breathtaking display of substantial, irrefutable information.

It’s called an analogy.

Yes, Gatling, you said counter march.

And no opposition march here. So stop the stirring and attempts to create discord when none between Galway City & Oughterard.

• Advertisement

Thanks

No conflict in there at all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement