Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

oughterard people - see OP for Mod warning 29/09/19

Options

Comments

Zorya wrote: »
    Dont know how those clinics can reverse Fgm. Not like a clitoris can be rebuilt once its been hacked off.

Edit - i cant seem to quote posts, this reply is to the chap mrntioning bbc article re fgm clinics

I know, but I guess they can offer psychological support and help however they can. FGM is stone-age stuff, the word barbaric barely covers it.

The numbers in the UK are frightening, circa 100,000 victims.
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/fgm-female-genital-mutilation-uk-girls-number-doubles-year-england-wales-a8660036.html

• Registered Users Posts: 20,993 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

woohoo!!! wrote: »
    It should be determined pretty quickly between the economic migrant and the asylum seeker fleeing from danger. The burden of proof should be on the applicant, not the state. Separate those who are deemed to be asylum seekers and those who are economic migrants.

Within the economic migrant group, again up to the applicant to prove they've a skill Ireland needs/shortage here. Make clear that it's on a temporary basis, our needs for skills will change with time. All who do not satisfy our needs, deport.

The above complies with international law and EU agreements. No need to apologise for deporting those who don't fit the criteria. Over time the message gets out, we welcome genuine people and will boot out those we don't need and watch the numbers and budget for same, dropping.

If you go for a night out, or go to buy your paper in the morning, you will likely be served by non nationals. And your taxi driver could well be an immigrant. Those are the sorts of skills shortages being filled, because there are not enough Irish people to do those jobs. It is a repeat of what Irish people did when they emigrated in the past to much wealthier countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭woohoo!!!

woohoo!!! wrote: »
    It should be determined pretty quickly between the economic migrant and the asylum seeker fleeing from danger. The burden of proof should be on the applicant, not the state. Separate those who are deemed to be asylum seekers and those who are economic migrants.

Within the economic migrant group, again up to the applicant to prove they've a skill Ireland needs/shortage here. Make clear that it's on a temporary basis, our needs for skills will change with time. All who do not satisfy our needs, deport.

The above complies with international law and EU agreements. No need to apologise for deporting those who don't fit the criteria. Over time the message gets out, we welcome genuine people and will boot out those we don't need and watch the numbers and budget for same, dropping.

If you go for a night out, or go to buy your paper in the morning, you will likely be served by non nationals. And your taxi driver could well be an immigrant. Those are the sorts of skills shortages being filled, because there are not enough Irish people to do those jobs. It is a repeat of what Irish people did when they emigrated in the past to much wealthier countries.
    Yes. There's a means to identify where there are shortages and I understand that meat factories do this regularly. But to my mind, temporary only. We have the entire EU to source permanent employees.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭enricoh

fisgon wrote: »
    Who is looking down their nose at Irish culture?

Contrary to a lot of people on this thread, I have personal experience of asylum seekers, and most attempt to integrate and show interest in Irish culture and history.

Do you derive your income from the asylum seeker industry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

I asked this question in this thread yesterday and I got no reply:

What can we do, as in normal everyday Irish folk, to stop all these bogus asylum seekers coming and staying here?

• Advertisement

What can we do, as in normal everyday Irish folk, to stop all these bogus asylum seekers coming and staying here?

I don't know. Have you any ideas yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Vote the Fine Gael twats out at the next election and refuse to pay the RTÉ licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

fisgon wrote: »
    And your proof for this is.......?. (besides of course what you want to believe is true)

The proof that the majority arriving in Europe are not refugees is the fact that the enablers (EU, Irish gov, do gooder organisations etc) call them MIGRANTS, not refugees or asylum seekers. You need to invest in a dictionary.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Nothing really. But that's why we need to support people like grealish who are not scared to say it as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

How did the migrants get here?
    Were they found in a camp and brought here?
    Or did they just show up at Dublin airport/ferry port?

• Advertisement

biko wrote: »

Every single person in this country comes from stock who came from somewhere else. There were no people here when the place was covered in ice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

It's like shopping, a few guys from the DoJ go to the camps and pick the ones they like and house them miles and miles from where the DoJ live. Hope that clears things up. Although it is amusing how most asylum seekers are young single fit men, one would imagine from a war torn country that it would be women,children and the elderly.........

Every single person in this country comes from stock who came from somewhere else. There were no people here when the place was covered in ice.
    Are you trying to compare Tuatha De Danann and the Firbolgs with Brits, Nigerians and Syrians?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

We need to get beyond the argument of whether 'X' community are racist for now want a DP warehouse on their doorstep.
    The focus needs to be squarely back on government policy that allows ineligible asylum applicants remain in the country and that only enforces ~20% of the deportation orders it gives.
    The people know DP is choc full of economic migrants playing the waiting game on the hope of getting a leave to remain.

Although it is amusing how most asylum seekers are young single fit men, one would imagine from a war torn country that it would be women,children and the elderly.........

They are called "anchor children". Once they have established then they demand family reunification in the new country.

True, my stock came from Denmark. No social welfare then though , or state provided housing. They worked and struggled to survive. Pretty much like an immigrant to America now, sink or swim baby . Take away the social welfare largesse see how many want to make Ireland their forever home.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

If there is not a logical fallacy called ''Appeal to Neanderthalism'' there should be....

No I don't. That's why I asked the question in the first place I wasn't being rhetorical so maybe take your smartness somewhere else.

Oh wait I have just seen your post comparing these bogus asylum seekers to people who moved around the European continent in the last ice age.

Maybe I should change the above line to take your foolishness somewhere else instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

"hands across America"

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

That's an argument in your head? Maybe we should all seek to go to the Horn of Africa and claim our 80,000 year old birthright. Though I wouldn't delve to deeply into that first migration. Every single other human sub species that had been around for many millennia died out in its wake.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement

Diceicle wrote: »
    We need to get beyond the argument of whether 'X' community are racist for now want a DP warehouse on their doorstep.
    The focus needs to be squarely back on government policy that allows ineligible asylum applicants remain in the country and that only enforces ~20% of the deportation orders it gives.
    The people know DP is choc full of economic migrants playing the waiting game on the hope of getting a leave to remain.

Focus on the macro, oughterard is but one micro example

No I don't. That's why I asked the question in the first place I wasn't being rhetorical so maybe take your smartness somewhere else.

Oh wait I have just seen your post comparing these bogus asylum seekers to people who moved around the European continent in the last ice age.

Maybe I should change the above line to take your foolishness somewhere else instead.

Refusing to pay ones tv licence is a legitimate action, I don't pay it, il go to prison, RTE is a propoganda machine for the NGO industry

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

There were no people at all when dinosaurs roamed the earth, what's your point? There is a big difference between the gradual migration that populated this island over the course of 10,000 plus years and hundreds of thousands arriving in less than 10. Moving mass amounts of people with significant cultural and world view differences from one place to another in a short space of time never tends to end well for the native population.

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Refusing to pay ones tv licence is a legitimate action, I don't pay it, il go to prison, RTE is a propoganda machine for the NGO industry

Where you will get to watch TV for free, ironic.

Where you will get to watch TV for free, ironic.

Who said I want to watch TV for free? , Netflix and sky don't shove left wing dogma down my throat daily

"hands across America"

Many of our forefathers were among those who went there and displaced the native population. Who of course had come from Asia before that. I don't suppose they were too impressed with the Germans, Irish, Spanish etc who arrived out of the blue. Somehow I think we will suffer a far less impact from new arrivals here, than what befell the native Americans.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

True, my stock came from Denmark. No social welfare then though , or state provided housing. They worked and struggled to survive. Pretty much like an immigrant to America now, sink or swim baby .
    This. The usual nonsense of "well the Irish went and were welcomed throughout the world, so therefore.." falls flat on its arse when you look more closely. Often enough they weren't welcomed and the vast majority went to European colonies in the New World that needed more bodies to complete colonisation and there was no social welfare involved.
    Take away the social welfare largesse see how many want to make Ireland their forever home.....
    Indeed. The first crew of migrants came in the Celtic Tiger and discovered even after the bust the social safety net was among the highest anywhere. Cue quite the number of convenient pregnancies and births and residency.

Where were they in the 1970's or 1980's or before when the country hadn't a pot to piss in? I knew an Iranian family that came here in the late 70's actually fleeing the new regime over there and they were glad to get and stay anywhere, even the economic tighten our belts doldrums of that period. Sod all Albanians, Nigerians etc. Funny that.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote: »
    That's an argument in your head? Maybe we should all seek to go to the Horn of Africa and claim our 80,000 year old birthright.
    Mugabe won't allow it
    "The white man is not indigenous to Africa. Africa is for Africans."

Many of our forefathers were among those who went there and displaced the native population. Who of course had come from Asia before that. I don't suppose they were too impressed with the Germans, Irish, Spanish etc who arrived out of the blue. Somehow I think we will suffer a far less impact from new arrivals here, than what befell the native Americans.

You've really jumped the shark with this shíte, comparing these asylum seekers to what happened the native Americans.

You are either on the wind up or....... actually just put down the crack pipe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Noel Grealish is 100% correct in what he said in that the vast majority of ''refugees'' in this country are only economic migrants.

The liberal bleeding hearts will destroy this country if given half a chance but will be nowhere to be seen or heard when all the problems arise.

So Its ok to have our own leeches draining the system but you are against people who come here hoping to make a better life for themselves is where we need to draw the line?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement