Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

oughterard people - see OP for Mod warning 29/09/19

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,573 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

alastair wrote: »
    No conflict in there at all.

Comprehension of facts is frowned upon in their universe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    You'll be missed. As will your breathtaking display of substantial, irrefutable information.

DONT BE A DICK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Mods better take a look at this shît.
    Absolute cluster**** despite a warning. Same carry on.

Obvious two posters doing their utmost to get the thread shut.

The figures are uncontested and don’t disprove my point at all. As already stated. Your claim remains one without an iota of evidence. Suggest you avoid wagering.

Again, whats my claim?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Hal3000

I think people really have to wake up to the fact that DP centers are businesses now. There are huge profits to be made from the movement of people. People who oppose these centers will be labeled racists, but what does that make the people profiting from them ? Why do we never hear about them ? Why are the local people getting it in the neck all the time ?

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/mosney-plc-biggest-earner-as-private-direct-provision-firms-share-50m-bonanza-in-2017-830997.html

Our society has become so blinded by our moral duty that under our noses it has become a hugely profitable industry. But we, we the people are the bigots, the racists. I really wish all these dogoders would open their eyes once in a while. More and more will come not because of the state’s moral duty, but because of profits it generates. The state and private companies are laughing at all these liberals who think they actually care for the welfare of these people. Wake up lads.

• Advertisement

Mods better take a look at this shît.
    Absolute cluster**** despite a warning. Same carry on.

Obvious two posters doing their utmost to get the thread shut.

Shut the thread? To what purpose?

Provided facts as requested. Asked for quid pro quo. Met with a feigning of ignorance by Woodsie.

Gatling stated that the Galway City march was a counter demonstration to the Oughterard one. I clearly showed via the Galway Tribune that it wasn't.

All I see here is unsubstantiated claims and attempts to sow discord by the anti-foreigner crew.

Hal3000 wrote: »
    I think people really have to wake up to the fact that DP centers are businesses now. There are huge profits to be made from the movement of people. People who oppose these centers will be labeled racists, but what does that make the people profiting from them ? Why do we never hear about them ? Why are the local people getting it in the neck all the time ?

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/mosney-plc-biggest-earner-as-private-direct-provision-firms-share-50m-bonanza-in-2017-830997.html

Our society has become so blinded by our moral duty that under our noses it has become a hugely profitable industry. But we, we the people are the bigots, the racists. I really wish all these dogoders would open their eyes once in a while. More and more will come not because of the states moral duty, but because of profits it generates.

I'm no fan of DPCs and the way they operate. Hate the profiteering. Happy for people to oppose them and hope that a better system can be put in place. Not happy for people to slag off other nationalities as a few here have, using the situation in Oughterard to vent their frustration.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

I'm no fan of DPCs and the way they operate. Hate the profiteering. Happy for people to oppose them and hope that a better system can be put in place. Not happy for people to slag off other nationalities as a few here have, using the situation in Oughterard to vent their frustration.

Who slagged of what nationalities? I must have missed those posts

Don’t care where they’re from if they’re genuine then so be it. A solid system should root out any chancers and deport any criminals. Is it really that difficult ? If we got those assurances from the Government would that not make people more accepting ? Christ it’s really not that difficult. Oh no wait, the EU won’t let us do any of that right ? And there lies the problem.

US2 wrote: »
    Who slagged of what nationalities? I must have missed those posts

Read through the thread.

• Advertisement

Don’t care where they’re from if they’re genuine then so be it. A solid system should root out any chancers and deport any criminals. Is it really that difficult ? If we got those assurances from the Government would that not make people more accepting ? Christ it’s really not that difficult. Oh no wait, the EU won’t let us do any of that right ? And there lies the problem.

What has the EU got to do with the asylum system?

Read through the thread.

I have, and do not see anything like what you are accusing. Can you tell me the times or numbers of said posts

What has the EU got to do with the asylum system?

Quotas ? Appeals ? Pressure on smaller nations to accept more? Suppose you’re right, they don’t get too involved do they ?

Quotas ? Appeals ? Pressure on smaller nations to accept more? Suppose you’re right, they don’t get too involved do they ?

Nope, they don't as you can see from the varying approaches of Germany, Poland, UK and Slovakia.

US2 wrote: »
    I have, and do not see anything like what you are accusing. Can you tell me the times or numbers of said posts

Try again. Plenty of disparaging adjectives towards Africans in general, more specifically Nigerians, Brazilians, Albanians, Georgians and a few others who have the temerity to have a go at living in Ireland.

Anyway, it's been a pleasure. But a life to lead demands an early-ish night. So, it's:

Ate logo pessoas.

Try again. Plenty of disparaging adjectives towards Africans in general, more specifically Nigerians, Brazilians, Albanians, Georgians and a few others who have the temerity to have a go at living in Ireland.

So no one was mocking other nationalities then?

Shut the thread? To what purpose?

All I see here is unsubstantiated claims and attempts to sow discord by the anti-foreigner crew.

Its very obvious what someone is up to

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

We don’t have any quota of asylum seekers. We, along with the UK and Denmark opted out of resettlement mechanisms in the Lisbon Treaty. Not sure what appeals is supposed to refer to.

We don’t have any quota of asylum seekers. We, along with the UK and Denmark opted out of resettlement mechanisms in the Lisbon Treaty. Not sure what appeals is supposed to refer to.

Appeals you say?

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/new-asylum-rules-make-practice-less-attractive-solicitor-1.3775196%3fmode=amp

"Statistics from the Courts Service show that asylum and immigration cases accounted for 497 new judicial review cases in 2017, more than the 464 taken in all other areas of the law."

http://www.courts.ie/Courts.ie/Library3.nsf/66d7c83325e8568b80256ffe00466ca0/0ae8253b2263c3b480257ffb00502601?OpenDocument

theres a whole legal system with litigants, lawyers, courts and stuff that exists in the reality for the rest of us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,159 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Boggles wrote:
    Also this, 5 hours ago.
    Yeah, because I searched and couldn't find it. Bet you never thought of that scenario. As you can see from his reply it doesn't exist in Irish law.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

The evidence is their absence as you’ve already referred to. The government don’t collate repatriation information beyond enforced deportation - a minority activity, so the tell tale sign of asylum seekers served with deportation orders not being in the country any more, is their not being in the country any more.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/nothing-sinister-in-many-disappearing-asylum-cases-1.2748437

• Registered Users Posts: 39,981 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

eagle eye wrote: »
    Yeah, because I searched and couldn't find it. Bet you never thought of that scenario.

Tell me, how do you search for a fabrication from some random person on the internet?

Let me get a pen.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,981 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Our society has become so blinded by our moral duty that under our noses it has become a hugely profitable industry. But we, we the people are the bigots, the racists. I really wish all these dogoders would open their eyes once in a while. More and more will come not because of the state’s moral duty, but because of profits it generates. The state and private companies are laughing at all these liberals who think they actually care for the welfare of these people. Wake up lads.

The article is quite scant on figures for profits. Also some of those companies would operate a lot more than DPs.

The headline of "50m Bonanza" is click bait nonsense.

That said you are right, accommodating asylum seekers is indeed a business.

It's hardly a secret, our successive governments decided to privatize the issue by and large.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Yeah, because I searched and couldn't find it. Bet you never thought of that scenario. As you can see from his reply it doesn't exist in Irish law.

Of course it does.
    http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/1996/act/17/enacted/en/print.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

So, more evidence of absence.

If that's what you want to take from it then fine.

If that's what you want to take from it then fine.

Given that’s what it says, I’m happy to take that from it.

Appeals you say?

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/new-asylum-rules-make-practice-less-attractive-solicitor-1.3775196%3fmode=amp

"Statistics from the Courts Service show that asylum and immigration cases accounted for 497 new judicial review cases in 2017, more than the 464 taken in all other areas of the law."

http://www.courts.ie/Courts.ie/Library3.nsf/66d7c83325e8568b80256ffe00466ca0/0ae8253b2263c3b480257ffb00502601?OpenDocument

theres a whole legal system with litigants, lawyers, courts and stuff that exists in the reality for the rest of us.

And nothing to do with the EU.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111382357&postcount=2684

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Gatling wrote: »
    Seems to be a concerted effort for a thread lock

Mod

Report; dont comment, please.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement