Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Husband's card - fraudulent transaction

Options
  • 13-09-2019 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

Hello - 

My husband had a fraudulent transaction made on a card he rarely uses late last night (payment appears to be to a company that doesn't exist). Apparently the fraud team will address on Monday.

There is no negligence on his part. Will he get the money back? How long will this process take? We are heading on holidays next week and the money was earmarked for that!

Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Hello - 

My husband had a fraudulent transaction made on a card he rarely uses late last night (payment appears to be to a company that doesn't exist). Apparently the fraud team will address on Monday.

There is no negligence on his part. Will he get the money back? How long will this process take? We are heading on holidays next week and the money was earmarked for that!

Many thanks in advance.

Hi there,
    Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear about your husbands card.
    Each case like this would be dealt with on a case by case basis, so I would not be able to give you any definite answers in relation to tour specific questions.
    I can confirm however that our fraud team will contact your husband as soon as there is any update in relation to your case.

Thanks again for getting in touch,
    Darren.

Advertisement